Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2021 9:06 AM

Mar 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is my second time watching Sugar Sugar Rune, the last time was probably more than a decade ago. So far it's quite fun, with Chocolat not matching the culturally accepted standard of 'lovable young girl', and the other girls in her class being inspired by her to stand up for themselves.
I was happy that the episode didn't resolve in Manabe confessing her love during the play and all ended well, but I guess it was obvious Chocolat would have to learn the hard way that using magic doesn't always end up the way you thought it would. I think I would still have appreciated to know what Hayato's response would have been? Maybe it is not meant to be about the two-way relationship but more about Manabe accepting her own feelings? Although the romantic feelings she had for Hayato seemed relatively obvious from the start, in my opinion.
There are so many transformations in that episode! And I am not sure how I feel about forcibly making nature change like in the end scene but well, they are witches... I didn't like the way Chocolat just let Vanilla do all the cleaning either. The world is quite cool though, I liked the delivery person. But weren't they supposed to keep the hearts to become the next Queen? Or maybe once they have collected them they record the amount of Ecure that corresponds to and then can buy things with the hearts?
I am not entirely convinced by the anime yet but I want to carry on a bit to see how the main characters evolve.
Feb 29, 7:21 AM

May 2021
maan I really liked Manabe's character n how serious she was abt the play, personally cz her strictness with it reminded me of a character I love- so it made me reaal sad t see the play fail at her hands... but the scene later where she is finally able to confess ~ makes it a lil better n the way choco n vani used magic to rebloom sakura is truly beautiful~

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sugar Sugar Rune Episode 14 Discussion

zetsu_shoren - Mar 25, 2016

1 by roboccat »»
Apr 15, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Sugar Sugar Rune Episode 13 Discussion

zetsu_shoren - Mar 25, 2016

3 by roboccat »»
Apr 12, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Sugar Sugar Rune Episode 9 Discussion

sassy2000 - Aug 14, 2023

1 by roboccat »»
Apr 6, 7:33 PM

Poll: » Sugar Sugar Rune Episode 8 Discussion

zetsu_shoren - Mar 19, 2016

1 by roboccat »»
Apr 6, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Sugar Sugar Rune Episode 1 Discussion

zetsu_shoren - Dec 23, 2015

6 by ikap1 »»
Sep 9, 2023 5:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.