Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 9, 2021 6:44 AM

Jan 2021
I enjoyed tokyo ghoul season 2 or √A a lot. There were amazing fights, good animation, amazing story. Just all around a good season so I give it a 10 because idc about writing its bs I rate on enjoyment don't care about writing and this season was action packed to see how kaneki switched to aogiri to protect anteku. What are you thoughts on this why don't you like this season of tokyo ghoul cause it was great.
Luffy is a little overated.
Feb 9, 2021 6:49 AM

Jan 2021
Well considering I read the manga before watching it, all the tension that was built up to Kaneki's eventual switch to the doves got fucked in Root A. Root A missed a bunch of stuff that explained a lot about what was actually going on, and what originally made me love the manga. The first season was fine, but root A just disappointed me. It just felt like an edgy teen's fantasy more than what Kaneki did in the manga which at least had some character to it. In the manga Kaneki doesn't join Aogiri and Anteiku is still fine so either way that wouldn't really matter. In the end I gave root A a 3/10.
"不幸だ!" - Kamijou Touma
Check out my anime list by clicking here (it's public now).

Feb 9, 2021 7:14 AM
Jul 2019
doshiteKAMISAMA said:
Well considering I read the manga before watching it, all the tension that was built up to Kaneki's eventual switch to the doves got fucked in Root A. Root A missed a bunch of stuff that explained a lot about what was actually going on, and what originally made me love the manga. The first season was fine, but root A just disappointed me. It just felt like an edgy teen's fantasy more than what Kaneki did in the manga which at least had some character to it. In the manga Kaneki doesn't join Aogiri and Anteiku is still fine so either way that wouldn't really matter. In the end I gave root A a 3/10.

I second that... They totally erased the clown appearences, the Kaneki thing, Arima is not a thing, Kaneki doesn't "die", other characters don't die etc. I also gave 3/10 and that is ONLY because of the action scenes.
IndiespensavelFeb 9, 2021 7:17 AM
Feb 9, 2021 7:23 AM

Jan 2021
Ok. Ill read the manga.
Luffy is a little overated.
Feb 9, 2021 7:31 AM
Jun 2020
The entire anime franchise isn’t good. The manga is really good tho.
Feb 9, 2021 7:36 AM

Jul 2020
I only watched the anime, and I rated it a 1. This is purely because it was boring and because Kaneki joined Aogiri Tree for no reason which wouldn't make sense logically. Who the hell decides to work with the people who were responsible for torturing you for weeks? Also when you get to Tokyo Ghoul:re, things become confusing because you do kinda need to read the manga to understand certain plot points. Honestly, this is a series that if you don't read the manga things won't make sense and I may have rated the entire series higher had I just read the manga, which I know is on me.
THE ONE WHO HAS SEEN THE TRUTH AND MASTERED TIME
Feb 9, 2021 8:07 AM
Nov 2020
Coz they have read the manga
Feb 9, 2021 8:08 AM
Nov 2020
Coz they have read the manga
Feb 9, 2021 8:08 AM
Jan 2021
I actually enjoyed this route in anime more than in manga
Feb 9, 2021 8:20 AM
Dec 2020
amazing story..... rating it a 10...... the bar must be set pretty low. root A was decent but it could’ve been soooooo much more.
Feb 9, 2021 8:35 AM
May 2020
**spoiler** Yeah I also dont know why people dont like this season.... tokyo ghoul is one of my favorite animes and I really like the 2nd season (or root a). I think the dead of hide is one reason why people dont like it... i have a friend who doesnt like tokyo ghoul at all but I think he doesnt understand the coplex story.
And I heard twice, that the manga is much better than the anime...
Feb 9, 2021 2:17 PM
Dec 2019
It is avery mazing and fantastic anime
Feb 9, 2021 3:16 PM
Jun 2020
I dudnt read the manga so Tokyo ghoul as a series didnt make sense after season 1
Feb 9, 2021 6:41 PM
Feb 2021
Cudlyyy said:
I enjoyed tokyo ghoul season 2 or √A a lot. There were amazing fights, good animation, amazing story. Just all around a good season so I give it a 10 because idc about writing its bs I rate on enjoyment don't care about writing and this season was action packed to see how kaneki switched to aogiri to protect anteku. What are you thoughts on this why don't you like this season of tokyo ghoul cause it was great.
I mean I rlly enjoyed it but I haven’t read the manga and apparently there’s significant changes so I get why people won’t really like it all that much but it’s still a solid season in my opinion.
Feb 9, 2021 10:42 PM

Aug 2020
How was the story amazing? It was nonsensical. Characters were introduced out of nowhere and were having various "emotional" moments five minutes into their appearance. Can you tell me why kaneki went to cochlea with aogiri? Who even is shachi in the anime? Who are kurona and nashiro supposed to be, why are they one eyed ghouls? All of these answers and many more were omitted for reasons unknown.
Feb 10, 2021 10:01 AM
Sep 2020
Im not give my own opinion but considering the vast majority of people hated this season it might indicate that probably is bad
Feb 10, 2021 2:56 PM
Nov 2019
I agree with TC, I just finished season 2 a few days ago, and I thought it was pretty awesome. It had plenty of badass action, great animation, and cool characters that kept this fan entertained from start to finish!

I'm excited to watch season 3, I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy that as well, even though everyone seems to hate S3 even more than S2 :)
Feb 10, 2021 5:47 PM
Jun 2020
doshiteKAMISAMA said:

But you have to remember they made the send seasons of the Anime before the manga was even close to this part of the story
Feb 10, 2021 11:23 PM

Jan 2021
carsnow2011 said:
doshiteKAMISAMA said:

But you have to remember they made the send seasons of the Anime before the manga was even close to this part of the story

No they didn't????? The manga finished publishing before the second season even came out... Don't make up stuff buddy.
"不幸だ!" - Kamijou Touma
Check out my anime list by clicking here (it's public now).

Feb 16, 2021 1:09 AM

May 2012
offcrack said:
How was the story amazing? It was nonsensical. Characters were introduced out of nowhere and were having various "emotional" moments five minutes into their appearance. Can you tell me why kaneki went to cochlea with aogiri? Who even is shachi in the anime? Who are kurona and nashiro supposed to be, why are they one eyed ghouls? All of these answers and many more were omitted for reasons unknown.

I second that.

Also, if you anime-only fans say stuff like "I rate on enjoyment don't care about writing" and "it had plenty of badass action, great animation, and cool characters", than you totally missed the point of TG, sadly.
Although thanks to those butchers at studio pierrot the series got branded as a "gore shounen", the original manga really is a seinen focused not on the unarguably cool action, but rather on the mental struggles of its characters and the drastic changes Kaneki goes trough. √A miserably fails to present this because studio pierrot thought building up characters is boring and went staight to action, even though most of the conflicts didn't make any sense this way if you think about it.

So please, if you consider yourself a fan of this series read the manga as well. It's not even that long, and the manga version of Kaneki is even cooler and deeper than in the anime, while his actions actually make sense.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2021 1:37 AM

Jul 2015
everyone rates based on "enjoyment", dude. most people just happen to enjoy good writing
Mar 4, 2021 7:25 AM
Sep 2016
I regret having wasted my time on this anime, this whole Tokyo Ghoul franchise.

I would rather watch Naruto filler episodes or the entirety of Detective Conan fillers than get near this cursed manga/anime.

When I think of bad anime, 3 come to mind: Boku no Pico, Dragonaut and Tokyo Ghoul.
Truly the absolute worst.
Jul 28, 2021 11:15 PM
Nov 2020
1. There isn't a real plot, but only a bunch of action sequences. And there are a lot of plot holes.
2. The characters have no personality (especially Kaneki).
3. The art style and the animation are really average, and there is decrease compared to the previous season.
4. The op after years still sucks.
5. It's edgy.
Jul 28, 2021 11:17 PM
Nov 2020
Yugesai said:
I regret having wasted my time on this anime, this whole Tokyo Ghoul franchise.

I would rather watch Naruto filler episodes or the entirety of Detective Conan fillers than get near this cursed manga/anime.

When I think of bad anime, 3 come to mind: Boku no Pico, Dragonaut and Tokyo Ghoul.
Truly the absolute worst.

You read only a chapter...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

760 by ShirJager »»
Yesterday, 5:39 PM

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

37 by Zimmu »»
Apr 3, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

402 by efectiviuli »»
Feb 18, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2015

256 by dustyblue »»
Feb 7, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2015

300 by RapidPhantom »»
Jan 23, 7:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.