Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 8, 2021 10:15 AM
Dec 2019
arthur_morgan2 said:
this last couple of chapters really made eren a joke(137 in particular).
i just watched the ''declaration of war'' scene and when eren said:''i will keep moving forward until my enemies are destroyed'' and i legit started laughing.
what eren really should have said:''i will keep moving backwards until my enemies destroy me''.

With your permission i am quoting you in reddit, yo sir are spitting facts... one can support the alliance but this execution is lame... even kubo managed ywach fall much better... at least madara fighted and was betrayed by someone who didnt owed him...
Feb 8, 2021 10:16 AM

Aug 2019
arthur_morgan2 said:
i just watched the ''declaration of war'' scene and when eren said:''i will keep moving forward until my enemies are destroyed'' and i legit started laughing.
what eren really should have said:''i will keep moving backwards until my enemies destroy me''.

Stay out of 4chan/titanfolk, please, it’s affecting your brain, what you wrote makes no sense.

Also, I don’t think that Eren is done, next chapter will be his chapter.
Feb 8, 2021 10:23 AM

Feb 2021
cAbaddon said:
arthur_morgan2 said:

Stay out of 4chan/titanfolk, please, it’s affecting your brain, what you wrote makes no sense.

am i wrong? if so explain why am i wrong. eren has got to be one, if not the dumbest villain ever. eren has the power of a god and yet he is jobbing in the worst way possible.
Feb 8, 2021 10:27 AM
Dec 2019
cAbaddon said:
arthur_morgan2 said:

if you disagree refrain from strawmaning, he has a point, erent hasnt manifested directly in the fight, only ymir who by the way abducted armin and sended him to paths in the first place...

that was either a 5d chess move to eliminateD zeke as some people sugest, or a stupid move way past the realm of feasible mistakes, that certainly shatters his characterization... thats it because the lelouch plan was always out of the schedule.

In short, you cannot manifest to millions of people you are not stopping unless taken down, and then just sit your ass and getting killed. Thats two digit IQ level acting.
Feb 8, 2021 10:28 AM
May 2020
arthur_morgan2 said:
cAbaddon said:

am i wrong? if so explain why am i wrong. eren has got to be one, if not the dumbest villain ever. eren has the power of a god and yet he is jobbing in the worst way possible.

I agree with you . eren has the strongest power he could easily win from the start. But for reasons I see as stupid, he decided not to do anything. If a twist does not happen, the next chapter explains everything. eren will be the stupidest character in the history of anime and Attack on Titan himself
Feb 8, 2021 10:33 AM
Nov 2020
arthur_morgan2 said:
Yes.... They made a joke about my favorite character I guess I'll just drop some scores.
Feb 8, 2021 10:34 AM

Jul 2019
@FMmatron english is out. I got your comment saying you want mention.

it isn't made well tho.
Feb 8, 2021 10:38 AM

Feb 2021
Vinicius234 said:
cAbaddon said:

if you disagree refrain from strawmaning, he has a point, erent hasnt manifested directly in the fight, only ymir who by the way abducted armin and sended him to paths in the first place...

that was either a 5d chess move to eliminateD zeke as some people sugest, or a stupid move way past the realm of feasible mistakes, that certainly shatters his characterization... thats it because the lelouch plan was always out of the schedule.

In short, you cannot manifest to millions of people you are not stopping unless taken down, and then just sit your ass and getting killed. Thats two digit IQ level acting.
ramy22 said:
arthur_morgan2 said:

I agree with you . eren has the strongest power he could easily win from the start. But for reasons I see as stupid, he decided not to do anything. If a twist does not happen, the next chapter explains everything. eren will be the stupidest character in the history of anime and Attack on Titan himself

you guys are correct, there is no in between here. next chapter will be the deciding factor if the manga truly jumped the shark.
Feb 8, 2021 10:50 AM
Jul 2018
Let me be honest with you, I don't mind if isayama goes with the path of making the alliance win but there were a lot of ass pulls indeed. just appreciate the fact that he did everything from start to finish.. and he wont end it how people want it to end, we still dont know that but it doesnt seem there's any other way around.. mocking isayama for doing something you dislike is absolutely stupid. iSaYaMa iS rUiNiNg aOt and someone said that the volumes are worth toilet paper now. That's just stupid and plain disrespectful, I fail to comprehend how you can justify that. Either make a respectful and valid point of criticism, or just stfu and stop being rude. End of.

A couple of questions popped up to me while reading or at least seeing the korean version scans of the chapter...
wasn't jeans odm gear broken 2 chapters ago? same with levi????????
if zeke wanted to stop the rumbling why didnt he 10 chapters ago
he couldve existed the paths and killed himself?

Feb 8, 2021 10:52 AM
Jan 2018
Pajdo11 said:
as many stated in earlier threads it was a weak drama with many frustrating and weak plot twists like how the rumbling easily stopped, zake twists....etc, but i will revers judgment for later,
also still i cant understand why eren didn't control them with the founder power, he can erase their memories or do anything to them since they are eldians, right ?
i hope their will be a major plot twist next chapter like we used to

Eren literally said he wanted to give everyone Freedom aka he gave his friends the freedom to stop him so they did, and that's why he didn't stop them.
Feb 8, 2021 10:57 AM

May 2018
Probably the shittest chapter in the entire series.
Feb 8, 2021 10:57 AM

Oct 2019
People are really shocked that the dead play a major role in the story when 122 shows Ymir getting killed and transferred into paths after her death. The chapter literally says that this is part of Ymir's will and she is obviously working with Eren. Whatever happens is Eren's endgame so can Yeagerist calm down lmao. Don't yall remember Trost? Or 119? I doubt the rumbling isn't even going to stop for too long.

Anyways Zeke's end was a fantastic end for his character along with Levi's dynamic. He gets to go out on his own terms and brings alot of important themes in the story through his convo with Armin.

Really Isayama just needs to explain the reason what was really going on with the dead titan shifters these past few chapters and it's quite obvious that this will link with Eren and Ymir's pov.

Tho let's be careful about the optimism though because if nothing is explained and there is no twist and the alliance just go home death free then yes the manga has gone downhill.
Feb 8, 2021 11:01 AM
Jun 2016
After what the leaks implied was a 1/5 chapter, I found it pretty ok, kinda solid in a few areas. Not perfect or necessarily great, but maybe a 3/5.

One of the most promising things is Zeke and Armin brought up the intrigue of Ymir, what does she want, why did she never retaliate when she was alive, etc? Questions we’ve had as well, so I think these might be answered in the next 2 chapters.

Also, reviving a handful of Titans connected to Zeke/Armin and the Avengers is still asspully, but way less so than what I interpreted the original leaks as (Armin resurrecting all the Titans with Ymir’s betrayal of Eren). It’s honestly less of an asspull than Flying Falco, not as bad as the leaks implies, but still odd (although Ymir’s true purpose might relate to this).

Still, fucking Kruger? What connection do the Avengers and Zeke/Armin have to him for him to get involved? Zeke and Armin never even met him lol

And overall, still unbelievable how quick and easy this fight was with no casualties. I’m fine with a win for the Alliance, at least make them have a harder time than fighting the Yaegerists

Anyway I’m convinced Eren POV next chapter and more Ymir lore
Feb 8, 2021 11:04 AM
Aug 2013
MappaPrefersJJK said:
Talk no jutsu, power of love and friendship, dead people coming back to life to help the good guys... sEems LiKe aN AmAzInG cHaPter nGL

He pulled a naruto bleach nanatsu no taizai fairy tail chapter

All left is a Code Geass ending >> it is a good ending for code geass only it just doesn’t fit attack on titans
Feb 8, 2021 11:05 AM

Jan 2018
Bruh, Zeke, one of the best characters , has the lamest death in the series, bruh.

BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Feb 8, 2021 11:14 AM

Oct 2020
Still waiting for official release.
Feb 8, 2021 11:16 AM

Jun 2014
Sakkiso said:
Let me be honest with you, I don't mind if isayama goes with the path of making the alliance win but there were a lot of ass pulls indeed. just appreciate the fact that he did everything from start to finish.. and he wont end it how people want it to end, we still dont know that but it doesnt seem there's any other way around.. mocking isayama for doing something you dislike is absolutely stupid. iSaYaMa iS rUiNiNg aOt and someone said that the volumes are worth toilet paper now. That's just stupid and plain disrespectful, I fail to comprehend how you can justify that. Either make a respectful and valid point of criticism, or just stfu and stop being rude. End of.

A couple of questions popped up to me while reading or at least seeing the korean version scans of the chapter...
wasn't jeans odm gear broken 2 chapters ago? same with levi????????
if zeke wanted to stop the rumbling why didnt he 10 chapters ago
he couldve existed the paths and killed himself?

as for your question about zeke getting out. if I remember correctly, armin asks zeke on how to leave paths, to which zeke replies I don't know.
Armin says that he wont give up.

If anyone can explain my question from here, so how was zeke able to get out? Was it because armin somehow managed to convince ymir?
Feb 8, 2021 11:16 AM

Nov 2016
NextUniverse said:

it isn't made well tho.

Thank you

Indeed not the best scans, but it worked

It wasn't bad to me tbh. Based on first impression, Armin and Zeke talk was my favorite aspect and the action will be more epic in the anime for sure. Part of me still thinks, that can't be it and there has to be some sort of final twist lol even tho there's no time for that and it's probably better to focus on a satisfying aftermath and closure instead of making things worse.

Well, let's see how the official translation will change my opinion.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 8, 2021 11:23 AM
Jul 2018
Still think isayama needs to do a bit of explanation on why ramzy was able to see ymir before he died when he isn't eldian.
Feb 8, 2021 11:24 AM

Aug 2018
Since this manga turned into a fucking joke and the even death can comeback for the sake of plot (power of friendship yesss), next chapter I'm waiting for Floch the thundercock will return and nuke that traitor alliance. While the puppet master hobo chilling on the paradis with our queen holding their baby, I will accept this as canon and ignore you Yams.
Feb 8, 2021 11:28 AM

May 2018
Since this manga turned into a fucking joke and the even death can comeback for the sake of plot (power of friendship yesss), next chapter I'm waiting for Floch the thundercock will return and nuke that traitor alliance. While the puppet master hobo chilling on the paradis with our queen holding their baby, I will accept this as canon and ignore you Yams.

Chad move.
Feb 8, 2021 11:31 AM
Jul 2018
''While the puppet master hobo chilling on the paradis with our queen holding their baby, I will accept this as canon and ignore you Yams. ''

Fr, I think that might happen but let us not forget that yams only has 90 pages left, so the probability of that happening is littllleeeee.

Let's just stop predicting that yams has a secret plan because if you set your expectations high and you don't get anything then you'll be big mad. An example of this was this chapter, many people thought that yams had a twist coming but there wasn't one and everyone was disappointed
Feb 8, 2021 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
Feb 8, 2021 11:36 AM
Jul 2017
Man. A messed up ending most of the time really kills a story. It's the main thing people will remember about it.
I'm really sad that such an epic story has to end like this.
Feb 8, 2021 11:36 AM

Jun 2020
FMmatron said:
NextUniverse said:

it isn't made well tho.

Thank you

It wasn't bad to me tbh. Based on first impression, Armin and Zeke talk was my favorite aspect and the action will be more epic in the anime for sure. Part of me still thinks, that can't be it and there has to be some sort of final twist lol even tho there's no time for that and it's probably better to focus on a satisfying aftermath and closure instead of making things worse.

Can you provide me with a link?
Feb 8, 2021 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
Same please ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Feb 8, 2021 11:38 AM

Aug 2018
Sakkiso said:
''While the puppet master hobo chilling on the paradis with our queen holding their baby, I will accept this as canon and ignore you Yams. ''

Fr, I think that might happen but let us not forget that yams only has 90 pages left, so the probability of that happening is littllleeeee.

Let's just stop predicting that yams has a secret plan because if you set your expectations high and you don't get anything then you'll be big mad. An example of this was this chapter, many people thought that yams had a twist coming but there wasn't one and everyone was disappointed
Since when I saw the basement reveal, I was already disappointed and got no expectations anymore. Post chapter 123 keeps proving that. Even though my expectations were low, I am still disappointed no matter which side wins at this point.
Feb 8, 2021 11:42 AM

Nov 2016
GoZha said:
FMmatron said:

Thank you

Yep, you got a pm :)

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 2018
Damn, It's hard finding people who disliked the basement reveal but you're entitled to your own opinion. Idk man I think everyone if not the majority of the people who read the manga wanted Ereh to win but like we honestly can't do anything. It's Isayamas story so he does whatever he wants to it, he doesn't care about how we want it to end, So let's just appreciate the fact that he started this world in the first place and not forget about the greatness of AOT just because of an ending we didn't want.

Jun 2020
FMmatron said:
GoZha said:

Yep, you got a pm :)
Aight it is appreciated
Feb 8, 2021 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
Just think of it as a GOT part 2 :'')
Feb 8, 2021 11:48 AM

Jul 2019
So I read the chapter. And I can't lie. There is some ass pulls.

But people here out saying that "talk no jutsu" worked on Zeke is a bit of a stretch. I understand that Armin essentially persuaded Zeke to do some weird-ass titan magic. But I am pretty sure Zeke's character was constant throughout. Feel free to criticise my views.

The titans coming out of nowhere and helping the alliance with no answers needs to be explained asap. That seems like a major flaw. If the titans started attacking randomly, that would have been better.

As for the rumbling stopping with no casualties, that too seems like a stretch. Though considering every here is experienced in some way, it isn't so bad that no casualties took place.

Eren is still not down officially yet. Though the rumbling has stopped.

Overall, nothing perfect. 7-8/10 chapter. I still enjoyed it a lot tho.
Feb 8, 2021 11:58 AM

Jul 2012
manelist1 said:
Danpmss said:
Finally, the opinion of someone who could actually read the chapter.

Now I'm even more intrigued about the part regarding Zeke's exposition.

And it seems like my reply just now is right about his characterization.

More like finally, the opinion of someone who I agree with

I can't concretely agree with someone if I didn't read the content the way they did, so no.
At least until I can actually read the entire content with either a proper official translation or the RAW, I can't say that's also the case.
DanpmssFeb 8, 2021 12:01 PM
Feb 8, 2021 11:59 AM

Aug 2019
NextUniverse said:

But people here out saying that "talk no jutsu" worked on Zeke is a bit of a stretch. I understand that Armin essentially persuaded Zeke to do some weird-ass titan magic. But I am pretty sure Zeke's character was constant throughout. Feel free to criticise my views.

The titans coming out of nowhere and helping the alliance with no answers needs to be explained asap. That seems like a major flaw. If the titans started attacking randomly, that would have been better.

As for the rumbling stopping with no casualties, that too seems like a stretch. Though considering every here is experienced in some way, it isn't so bad that no casualties took place.

The titans appeared for the same reason that they did 2 chapters ago: Ymir//Founding titan invoked them.
Feb 8, 2021 12:09 PM

Jul 2019
cAbaddon said:
NextUniverse said:

The titans appeared for the same reason that they did 2 chapters ago: Ymir//Founding titan invoked them.
I mean the ones like Bert and Porco and what have you. Them helping for literally no reason (as of now) seems to be like an asspull to me. Seems like a stretch for people to call it a ruined ending tho.
Feb 8, 2021 12:20 PM
May 2020
Even if there is a twist in 138, this is easily the worst chapter of SnK that I have ever read.

I want to have faith, then I read that one Isayama Guardians of the Galaxy quote and lose it all over again.
Feb 8, 2021 12:27 PM
Aug 2013
NextUniverse said:

BRUH WTF:

did people really not like it?? or it is just yeagerist stans lmao.

Yeah, at this point I would like to see everyone dying than just Talk No Jutsu......
Feb 8, 2021 12:30 PM

Jul 2019
This chapter wasn't as bad as the leaks made it out to be. Assuming Eren isn't dead my complaints would be shifters coming back and plot armor. Zeke talking with Armin was the best part, it reinforced the themes of the show. 126 was worse
Feb 8, 2021 12:32 PM
Feb 2019
glad that levi finally got zeke... armin is freed from that weird cow thing and now eren is..? i wonder who that person at the end was.
Feb 8, 2021 12:36 PM

Feb 2021
ramy22 said:
Even if there is a twist in 138, this is easily the worst chapter of SnK that I have ever read.

I want to have faith, then I read that one Isayama Guardians of the Galaxy quote and lose it all over again.

same as me. that quote about gotg is stuck in the back of my mind preventing me from having any hope.
Feb 8, 2021 12:37 PM
Feb 2020
"AOT IS MASTERPIECE,NO WAY ISAYAMA WILL GO SHOUNEN CLICHE STUPID TALK NO JUTSU,THATS IMPOSSIBLE,DONT WORRY BRO,TRUST ME,ISAYAMA CAN PULL A GOOD PEACEFUL ENDING WITHOUT THAT" then how the "team avengers" stop this crazy walking nuke?? yeah u guess it "talk no jutsu".

armin be like "eren goodbye,i just talk no jutsu to stop ur rumbling,now we will suddenly become hero of the world and living in luxury mansion" the end.
bravo isayama,what an amazing way out of ur own decision make "rumbling" happened,but escape it with the most ridiculous stupid way.yeah nah this chapter is definitely 1 out of 5.

no need to be denial fanboy,thats what happen,its normal if ppl will not gonna say "i still trust isayama and make some twist" with this(even if the twist actually happen,still make sense ppl didnt believe it anymore).
Feb 8, 2021 12:37 PM
Jul 2018
arthur_morgan2 said:
ramy22 said:

same as me. that quote about gotg is stuck in the back of my mind preventing me from having any hope.

we should've never let yams watch marvel movies lmao
Feb 8, 2021 12:39 PM
Jan 2020
Why did Levi kill Zeke? 🗿
Feb 8, 2021 12:39 PM

Jan 2009
finally official english chapter is out

and yep i still like the chapter lol call me having bad taste in shonen

Feb 8, 2021 12:40 PM
Nov 2020
Its like s***.Thanks
Feb 8, 2021 12:47 PM

Dec 2020
I just read the official translation. It didn't change my opinion as expected. There was no way to interpret those panels otherwise even as leaked images.

The conversation at the beginning wasn't so bad, definitely something i had expected to read sooner or later before the end, the only redeeming quality of the chapter. Too bad it ends up being used for such flavorless, sappy, lazy and cheap developments.

I can't really explain how the hell he wasn't able to come up with something better than this. I guess at some point he must have really wanted some Hollywood like garbage to end it all. Too bad this choice ends up betraying the series itself, what it represented, what it embodied.

I also can't understand people who keep believing for a twist in the next chapters. Everything is pointing at Eren dying next chapter as the people in the fort hug each other in peace.

Let's see just how much damage the rumbling caused around the world. If it literally destroyed every nation with the exception of few next to no survivors then i guess the island might be safe. If the nation although brought to their knees still stand and the population didn't completely die, then i'm genuinely curious to see how is he gonna work out that peace ending, because i can't see any convincing way to pull it off.
Jul 2018
deg said:
finally official english chapter is out

and yep i still like the chapter lol call me having bad taste in shonen

what did u like abt the chapter?

Feb 2021
chiearlymorning said:
arthur_morgan2 said:

we should've never let yams watch marvel movies lmao

he should have went with ''the mist'' type ending. that movie ending was an absolute mindfuck, hell the only reason this movie is considered good by most people is because of that movies ending.
Feb 8, 2021 12:49 PM

Dec 2015
there's a reason fairy tail is rated a 7.65 despite being an absolute shitshow 💀 sad there's gonna be many people still claiming its a masterpiece after this. even if there's a plot twist at 138 I'm confident its gonna be an asspull back to back
no
Feb 8, 2021 12:50 PM

Apr 2013
Armin: This? It was buried in the sand.

Zeke: Why is that?

Armin: Who knows?

Me: Ok.

Pretty obvious red herring chapter (at least I hope so), but for this to be one of the final 3 chapters is like getting kicked in the nuts by Isayama. Not because it’s bittersweet, but because it’s elementary school level plot development.

Armin, one of the worst characters left alive, ends the rumbling with words.
Pages (18) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Yesterday, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 22, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.