Forum Settings
Forums

In your opinion, which anime is the closest to being "flawless" or "perfect".

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 7, 2021 5:21 AM
Mar 2018
I'll say the monogatari series but it might have been more subjective rather than an objective opinion.

If you don't like an anime that has as many dialogue as words in the book you might not like the Monogatari Series. But, i really enjoy those types of shows

It has a an interesting cast and it's filled with action (although only a little), Comedy, Drama, and romance.

So to me it's a near perfect.

Amelia Watson: Hololive EN Greatest Detective!
Feb 7, 2021 5:27 AM

Oct 2019
Gintama Season 4
Mushishi
Monster
Chihayafuru 3
Feb 7, 2021 5:33 AM

Aug 2012
for me, the show which has the least flaws is probably Steins;Gate , that anime did everything right in my eyes
Feb 7, 2021 5:37 AM
Jul 2018
even though it isnt my favourite Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu is the closest to flawless i can find
Feb 7, 2021 5:38 AM

Nov 2019
For me it has to be Madoka Magica. It's perfect in every aspect.
Feb 7, 2021 5:44 AM
Jan 2021
There are no such thing as perfect anime or flawless but nearly perfect is exist.anyway,it's up to you whether the show is flawless or not.if you think it's perfect then it's perfect for you although some people might not agree with you and will find the flaw in the anime.bcz everybody have their own way of viewing thing.
Feb 7, 2021 5:46 AM
Jan 2021
A few tbh
Baccano
AOT
Madoka magica
Maybe fate zero
Feb 7, 2021 5:48 AM
Jan 2021
I would have said steins gate too but reading Steiner is never explained well, and the pacing in the first half was 🐌
Feb 7, 2021 6:46 AM
Oct 2019
AoT s3p2
A literal 10/10 anime
Definition of perfection for me
Feb 7, 2021 6:47 AM

Mar 2017
Monster comes in my mind but even then, it's not a flawless anime. There's not such thing as perfect anime really.
Feb 7, 2021 7:15 AM

Aug 2020
Analytically Eureka 7 is an 8/10 anime but was the Perfect show for me and still is my all time favorite
Feb 7, 2021 7:19 AM

Feb 2021
I personally think Gintama And monster is the closest anime to being perfect.
OminousPsycaFeb 7, 2021 7:22 AM
Bungee Gum possesses the properties of both rubber and gum.
Feb 7, 2021 7:21 AM
Nov 2020
I'd say A Silent Voice

It was just a ride of emotion that I never wanted to get off
Feb 7, 2021 7:30 AM

May 2019
This is basically asking for favourites. To me all shows that I considered to be near flawless in my eyes are sangatsu no lion, K-ON!! and Steins;Gate for now.

Feb 7, 2021 7:30 AM
Sep 2020
Definitely AoT.
A modern masterpiece where every scene packs a punch. The foreshadowing and the metaphors are mind-boggling. The greatest story ever told in anime history. AoT is one of those fewest shows that can be compared to GOT.
Some people might point out S1 as an imperfection but I'll say the cons of S1 is what made AoT more appealing. In S2 and S3, the show turned into a multi-dimensional show from a one-dimensional show. That's why I think S1 is heavily underrated sometimes because the change of dimensions is one of the thousands reasons that AoT is close being the GOAT anime
Feb 7, 2021 7:51 AM

Mar 2017
Katsuki_Ahbab1 said:
The greatest story ever told in anime history.

Wait to watch more anime before saying something like this.
Feb 7, 2021 8:17 AM

Jun 2019
Of course, I will only presume to judge what I've actually seen myself, as like most folks I haven't seen the vast majority of anime actually in existence out there so can't answer the question in quite a literal fashion.

But judging solely based on what I've seen, which is about 125 series at this point, I break it down as follows:

Out of only 7 series I've rated with a 10/10, I consider only one truly perfect in the sense that there isn't a single thing in length/duration, direction and execution, writing, music, voice acting, visual art, and overall stylistic flourishes which I would change from second one of the first scene of the first episode to the last second of the series finale.

I can't really say that about any other anime or any media entries generally, really, where I wouldn't desire alteration of a single frame or even tweaking of the most minor detail from opening to closing.

That anime for me is Koi Kaze which I actually have ranked at #2 in my Top 20. There are really no other series I would classify as 100% perfect in every single aspect, throughout the anime medium and really in any non-anime media either.

Then, there are three other anime I would consider as close to perfect as could possibly be, which I would describe as "near perfect" or "perfect to me", which are 3 of my other 10/10s - Inuyasha (my #1 ranked series), Haibane Renmei (my #3 ranked series), and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni/Kai (my #4 ranked series) - all of these have perhaps 1, 2, or 3 flaws which are negligible in my estimation but detract ever so slightly from being considered fully perfect in the technical sense to me. It doesn't take away from the beauty and awe they inspire otherwise, but there are just one or a few minor details I would have changed or could complain about.

Inuyasha, for example, would be the next closest candidate for what I would view as fully perfect and would attain it if episodes 99 - 193 were done in cel animation style to maintain uniformity with the first half of the series which were (episodes 1 - 98), and if the last 26 episodes of the series in the form of The Final Act weren't as rushed and condensed but doubled in length at least rather than compressing 2/5ths of the manga due to the hiatus situation with its production arrangement. And maybe a few less Koga episodes replaced with someone/something else since he's my least favorite character. Again, these aren't enough at all to detract from its epicness and majesty as the grandest story ever told; just enough to negate literal perfection.

Yeah, I can't honestly think of a single other anime which doesn't get a single thing, even the most minor thing wrong, from start to finish in the entirety of its runtime apart from Koi Kaze.
WatchTillTandavaFeb 7, 2021 8:26 AM
Feb 7, 2021 8:20 AM
Jan 2021
FpsArena said:
Katsuki_Ahbab1 said:

I have watched more than 700 anime. I agree with what he said it's one of the greatest if not the greatest stories ever told.
Feb 7, 2021 8:23 AM

Mar 2017
lelouch4britanni said:
FpsArena said:

I have watched more than 700 anime. I agree with what he said it's one of the greatest if not the greatest stories ever told.

I respectfully disagree, but yeah 700 is a good amount to say "best in anime history"
Also please log in with your main account, not the one you use for those pathetic anime wars. Have a nice day.
Feb 7, 2021 8:25 AM
Jan 2021
Lol... You want to see my watch list😂
This is actually my main account. I lost my details for the former. And I'm too lazy to update my watchlist etc.

I've watched 90percent of anime people call goated.(just saying)
Feb 7, 2021 8:27 AM

Mar 2017
lelouch4britanni said:

No, I don't really care to be honest. I don't want to change people tastes or stuff like this.
Feb 7, 2021 8:29 AM
Jan 2021
FpsArena said:
lelouch4britanni said:

No, I don't really care to be honest. I don't want to change people tastes or stuff like this.

That's alright.
What's the best anime in your opinion.
Feb 7, 2021 8:30 AM

Dec 2018
Like many others here, Madoka. It’s just really fucking good.

Jul 2019
Ex-Arm. It is such a masterpiece. Everything is spot on. Like the art and animation are great, characters flawless and of course the greatest Sci-Fi anime.

Mar 2017
lelouch4britanni said:
FpsArena said:

That's alright.
What's the best anime in your opinion.

From my first comment: Monster comes in my mind but even then, it's not a flawless anime. There's not such thing as perfect anime really.
Also I've seen only around 200 anime.
Feb 7, 2021 8:34 AM
Jan 2021
Monster was good..but the pacing lost me everytime
I have tried watching it about 4 times. The furthest I've gone is episode 46.
It's so slow. But the concept is great.
Feb 7, 2021 8:36 AM

Jun 2014
Byousoku 5 Centimeter
If you don't agree, bring it on. I think can do a decent job at explaining its perfection lol.

While I've seen Madoka Magica listed many times on this forum, and love it myself - (10/10 rating, all-time favorite character is from the show), I don't think it's flawless. One huge reason being Homura.

           but you can become stronger...

...でもつよくなれるよ                     

Feb 7, 2021 9:16 AM

Jul 2020
Attack on Titan. It's a work of art. A masterpiece. Eren is the GOAT.
I also consider Madoka Magica as a flawless series. Homura is a magnificent character and the best thing about the series.
Also, Legend of the Galactic Heroes and Cowboy Bebop are 10/10 for me.
Feb 7, 2021 9:22 AM

Jun 2020
The closest to perfect would be Steins Gate. A bit further- Gintama, Your Name, 3-gatsu no lion, Ping pong, Katanagatari.
Feb 7, 2021 9:31 AM

May 2020
Hunter x Hunter. I know some people hate the Chimera Ant arc but man, everything about that show was perfection to me.
Feb 7, 2021 12:24 PM
May 2019
There is no such thing as perfection, everything has flaws but Fruit Basket and Attack on Titan are closet to perfection in my opinion, I don't see any flaws in them
Feb 7, 2021 12:28 PM

Jul 2020
Monster would have been perfect if it was in 16:9 ratio.
Feb 7, 2021 12:28 PM

Jan 2018
Death Note
Death Note
Death Note
Death Note
Feb 7, 2021 12:49 PM
Jul 2018
Shingeki no kyojin. For many the start may seem slow but after s1 i think that the show executes everything perfectly; from the story to the animation or the direction of the episodes. I personally think that SnK has one of the best well written stories out there and the music always gives you them goosebumps. Moreover, the way the characters develop throughout the story is just crazy. Add in the action scenes with the epic animation then it just gives you an almost perfect show imo! Only downside for many might be the animation but in my opinion i think its more than enough, especially when you take in account the amount of LARGE titans that the animators have to draw and the confusing asf ODM gear animations but i personally think that the story carries the show in every shape and form.
Feb 7, 2021 1:57 PM
Sep 2020
FpsArena said:
Katsuki_Ahbab1 said:

Lol just because I didn’t fill my MAL account yet you're thinking that I'm a newbie? I've watched more than 500+ animes excluding the movies
Feb 7, 2021 1:59 PM

Mar 2017
Katsuki_Ahbab1 said:
FpsArena said:

Lol just because I didn’t fill my MAL account yet you're thinking that I'm a newbie? I've watched more than 500+ animes excluding the movies

Nice, you are pro, I apologize that I can't see past your list and your mean score of 9.28.
Feb 7, 2021 2:07 PM

May 2020
IMO it's Puella Magi Madoka Magica. It's a masterclass in storytelling. It has a compelling story with interesting characters. I love the main characters, especially Homura-chan. She is the character that makes the whole series work. An absolute legend!
Feb 7, 2021 2:12 PM

Jul 2007
Dragon Ball Super. It took what DBZ established and vastly improved upon it.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Feb 7, 2021 3:28 PM
Sep 2020
FpsArena said:
Katsuki_Ahbab1 said:

Nice, you are pro, I apologize that I can't see past your list and your mean score of 9.28.

Isn't it obvious? I've just rated my fav animes till now!
Feb 7, 2021 3:52 PM

Jan 2020
Fate/Zero , i think it has everything from animation , action , philosophy , characters , etc .
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Feb 7, 2021 5:30 PM

Dec 2020
Fmab, "I think it has everything from animation, action, philosophy, characters."
"no one really laughs on the internet, they just go 'hM' and type '𝕃𝕄𝔸𝕆𝔸𝕆𝕄𝔸𝕆𝔸'."

I'm Level 69 on Mal Badges. View My Badges.

Feb 7, 2021 7:54 PM

Feb 2017
Rurouni Kenshin and Royal Tutor I guess

Also Saiki Kusuo too. Any flaws it has, they manage to make it part of the comedy.
FrozenLichFeb 7, 2021 8:03 PM
Best ending line in anime history = "My name is Saiki Kusuo. I am a psychic."
Feb 7, 2021 8:00 PM

Jul 2020
So, no Saiki... damn, it really is forgetten...

Yeah, I believe Saiki is flawless (well S2)...
Feb 7, 2021 8:04 PM

Feb 2017
NewYearSameMe said:
So, no Saiki... damn, it really is forgetten...

Yeah, I believe Saiki is flawless (well S2)...

Hahaha. It came to my mind only after some time. I believe everything in Saiki is perfect except for Akechi Touma.
Best ending line in anime history = "My name is Saiki Kusuo. I am a psychic."
Feb 7, 2021 8:40 PM

Sep 2020
Cowboy Bebop since there is really nothing that I dislike about it.
Feb 7, 2021 8:43 PM

Sep 2020
ATTACK ON TITANS
VIOLET EVERGARDEN

@AwokenStroken

hi sister

[Violet X Amy]

[VioletteloiV X squished_lemon]

Feb 7, 2021 10:50 PM

Aug 2009
Perfect Blue. Because it has "perfect in the name.

Sorry not sorry.

Feb 8, 2021 12:19 AM

Jan 2016
hunter x hunter is a tad bit fie cant cap
"hes too slow i dont know how hot has his processor but i put some death grips on it and its getting loud its getting lit"
Feb 8, 2021 1:05 AM

Jun 2015
meduka, i have to agree with a lot of users here
Feb 8, 2021 1:23 AM
Nov 2018
Mononoke, Mushishi, Asobi Asobase, DMCx2 (Devil May Cry and Detroit Metal City).
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

44 by iftsistrnn »»
8 seconds ago

» Do you find how the anime community finds something to be edgy annoying?

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

16 by Ishitateso »»
10 seconds ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9046 by anime-prime »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Do you tend to watch newer seasonal shows, or older shows?

Akuya - Yesterday

39 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
9 minutes ago

» Anime and Time Management

LenRea - 8 hours ago

14 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.