Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2021 1:00 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Begins w. what they did last in last ep.

Monk eating monster vs. Inuyasha and Kagome daughter, and sisters vs. illusion enemy.

Defeated illusion enemy and following monk eating monster to boss. He is strong to absorb power.

Father appeared. He vs. the boss (short). and let the three alive.

It seems like FukuJun's character is looking for the 7 pearls, too (so he is enemies, too).

It seems like the princess holding some competition for everyone to fight each other? (sort of stupid and relaxing ep.) next.
tsubasaloverFeb 6, 2021 1:55 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 6, 2021 2:34 AM

May 2020
That was without a doubt the best fight in the series. Not a very high bar to climb but it is what it is.

I didn't have I expectations for Sesshoumaru's appearance, especially when it came to his interaction with the twins but damn was he as cold as ever. The fight between him and Kirinmaru dispelled a few doubts about the reason why Sesshoumaru was vary of Kirinmaru. Kirinmaru is definitely far, far above anything the girls have fought, hell even Inuyasha would have a hard time.

Next week looks a comedy focused episode, probably to take a break from the pace we've had until now.
Feb 6, 2021 2:35 AM

Sep 2018
Episode was pretty solid. There was another instance of the unfunny bounty running gag, but other than that it was pretty cool. Sesshomaru showing up was pretty hype, Kirinmaru as a strong villain was also cool to see. Unfortunately, next week's episode doesn't look like it's going to continue the current run of episodes that are actually good but we'll see I guess.
Stop wasting time on MAL, go watch Planet With!
Feb 6, 2021 3:18 AM

Oct 2017
Konton's finally dead but lol once again Moroha couldn't get his head for the bounty, poor girl.

The girls meet Kirinmaru and ofc they were no match for him but my man Sesshoumaru came to save his daughters, that was lit af.
Feb 6, 2021 3:21 AM
Oct 2016
The heavens rumble when the two demons clash. Sesshomaru and Kirinmaru both possessing massive amounts of strength causing those blast waves when they crossed swords. Even if it was brief I enjoyed seeing Sesshomaru make a move to protect his daughters. If you took this all at face value it would seem like hes being cold and distant, while that is the Sesshomaru way at this point he did step up to stop Kirinmaru from harming them further after they were knocked down. The princesses all taking down the remaining perils to put that to bed now. Loved seeing Towa and Setsuna meeting their dad really for the first time. Next episode seems to be a goofy one off but could be fun. Needed after how intense the last couple episodes have been. I could go for some laughs before the final push of the show.
Feb 6, 2021 3:25 AM

Sep 2019
Sesshoumaru was my favorite character in Inuyasha and it was great to see him again. Both him and Kirinmaru are really strong. Towa and Setsuna saw their dad for the first time but he was gone before they could even think about what to say lol.
Feb 6, 2021 3:40 AM

Jul 2017
At this point, the Rainbow Jewels just works like the Shikon Jewel in terms of its scattered shards to everyone: Konton, Totetsu, the half-demon princesses and all.

Wth Konton gone, Totetsu leading the half-demon princesses right to the Four Perils' homebase with Kirinmaru, Surprisingly, Towa is straightforward with the Dream Butterfly, but it's clear that he won't budge an inch, much less his powers.

It's clear that Sesshomaru didn't appreciate having to see his twin daughters still alive from that tragedy, but being the one-sided focus character, his and Kirinmaru's duel is just the start of something sinister.

As for Riku though, him collecting the rest of the Rainbow Pearls, what's his goal?

I still have a lot of answers for the remainder, but whether this show chooses to answer them, time will be kept waiting.
Feb 6, 2021 4:13 AM
Oct 2020
"I wonder what Sesshomaru is trying to do"

Towa, we have the same question.
Feb 6, 2021 4:36 AM

Mar 2019
Watching the girls' reaction towards Sesshoumaru was kinda underwhelming. Guess it was because I was expecting some Moroha Tier overreaction. Well, being overhyped about this was my fault as well I guess. His reaction towards his daughters was completely what I expected, though.

Konton survived for so long just to die in such a weird way. At least Totetsu is still alive so it means they are not rushing it.

We still have lots of stuff to be answered and the next episode seems to be just a comedic one for everyone to take a break from the current pace. Which in my opinion means this won't end in 24 episodes since next one is the 19th already. And considering that another anime is taking Yashahime's timeslot for next season, they will either change it or bring another season maybe later on this year or next year. Either way, it makes me glad. More opportunity for development and as an old fan, I just love to watch it, being a good or bad episode.

What bothers me a little is the power level here.
Damn, Kirinmaru taking damage from Towa was so weird. I mean, from what we can guess, Inuyasha should be stronger that any of the three girls. But if Kirinmaru could be damaged by a girl that just learned how to use her powers a little while ago, what does that mean?

Is she actually extremely powerful or was Kirinmaru just doing some limit testing stuff? It gets weirder after watching him fighting Sesshoumaru with both leaving without being able to even hit each other.

Whatever the answer, I can kinda understand why they did that to Inuyasha.

Having him present would mean that every single peril would just die instantly, with barely no time to develop the story. I mean, Tessaiga was extremely overpowered and I have a feeling they would die from a single Wind Scar. Unless they are actually powerful but not having the Tessaiga to compare makes them feel weak, at least for me.

Probably the next thing to be explained will be what happened to Rin as it was kind of foreshadowed at the end of this episode. Guess they will use those next episodes to develop that (not in the next one of course, after what was showed in the preview).
Feb 6, 2021 4:38 AM
Apr 2020
KANLen09 said:

I still have a lot of answers for the remainder, but whether this show chooses to answer them, time will be kept waiting.

That'll depend if the showrunners intend to answer the questions within the remaining 6 episodes, or if they are planning to bring them forward for a future season.

There's been comments suggesting that the current pacing indicates plans to make Yashahime a longrunning series, given its pretty good domestic viewership ratings in Japan and Inuyasha nostalgia.
zz2000Feb 6, 2021 4:42 AM
Feb 6, 2021 6:29 AM

Jul 2017
zz2000 said:
KANLen09 said:

That'll depend if the showrunners intend to answer the questions within the remaining 6 episodes, or if they are planning to bring them forward for a future season.

There's been comments suggesting that the current pacing indicates plans to make Yashahime a longrunning series, given its pretty good domestic viewership ratings in Japan and Inuyasha nostalgia.
Well, that's some good news...that is in Japan.

But god no, please don't make Yashahime a long-running show.
Feb 6, 2021 7:16 AM
May 2018
it was an ok episode konton died in a very weird way for me though kirinmaru is indeed very far way from the girls abilities and the short fight of kirinmaru and sesshomaru proved it and sesshomarus reactions towards the girls was what i expected but from the girls side i was hoping something more like them seeing the whole fight and try to chase him for answers but they instead collapsed. this running gag about morohas bountys is getting too repetitive and boring poor girl cant catch a break. next episode seems to be unrelated to the main plot
Feb 6, 2021 9:00 AM

Feb 2019
Definitely the best fight animation and choreography we’ve had to date in the show. I got goosebumps when Sesshomaru and Kirinmaru were clashing above the water. Love that OST.

Sesshomaru obviously cares very much for his daughters and doesn’t want them to be hurt. He also didn’t want his brother and sister in law to be hurt which is why he put them in the Pearl. Kind soul under all that tsun.

Given the power gap we saw this episode, I see no way the girls beat Kirinmaru in 6 eps, so I’m sure this’ll be long running.
Feb 6, 2021 9:12 AM
Sep 2008
Kind of good fight between Sesshomaru and Kirinmaru, but a wasted opportunity in this episode to really reunite Sesshomaru with his daughters or even a decent encounter.

Recently started watching Inuyasha again and comparing the first 10 episodes of both series there is way better character development and story direction in Inuyasha than Yashahime.

Also next episode a filler; seriously, in episode 19 of 24 oh god.
CesarMagnanFeb 6, 2021 9:26 AM
Feb 6, 2021 9:17 AM

Jun 2017
The way Konton went down was pretty anticlimactic but at least he is out of the picture. One idiot peril left.

It was no surprise Kirinmaru just meme'd the girls and the "reunion" was classic Sesshoumaru not giving a fuck. lol

Looks like we are back to stupid fillers from next week...
Feb 6, 2021 9:47 AM
Aug 2020
I really wish this show was better. I liked it at first, the first 5 or so episodes were good and I was excited for what was to come next. But now, I wish the series would just end. The pacing of each episode is so bad that it’s hard to focus on the good things that happen during the episode. Not to mention there is hardly any continuity between episodes. Each and every fight is over too quickly, characters figure out new abilities in an instant, each death is glossed over so quickly Bc of the breakneck pacing, etc. Sesshomaru vs Kirinmaru was the best fight in the series, but it’s not like the bar was set very high in the first place. I’m only finishing this series bc I loved Inuyasha and it’s characters. There’s so much more potential with this show and it’s plot points/characters (Moroha especially) but the writers aren’t doing anything interesting with them. At least the OP’s are better than the show.
Feb 6, 2021 10:08 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
This episode was okay Sesshoumaru appearance was very underwhelming since he only clashed with Kirinmaru for a brief moment and got the fuck out there without saying goodbye. lol. Of course Setsuna and Towa don't know that Sesshoumaru is their father after seeing him in person because they were separated at birth. This might be a good time to put the series on hold and wait for the show to finish airing since next week's episode is going to be filler material.

Feb 6, 2021 10:54 AM

Apr 2015
Huh, the animation never was the best but it looked particularly awkward this episode. The fight with Konton was underwhelming. Sesshomaru vs. Kirinmaru as well; it had so much more potential, but it was more or less how I expected it to turn out anyways. Also expected how Kirinmaru had no trouble at all beating the three girls, but then I wonder how everything will be resolved within 24 episodes. There's most likely another season after this. It's just annoying how Towa and Setsuna stood back up like it was nothing after they fought with Kirinmaru, but then they conveniently fainted again during Sesshomaru's clash with Kirinmaru. Even Jaken was barely hurt lol. Next episode preview doesn't look very interesting, but hopefully it's at least relevant to the plot in the grand scheme of things.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Feb 6, 2021 2:06 PM
Aug 2018
Oh wow, after all that, Konton died cause his shikigami accidentally bit his head off? Even though he was facing it and could clearly see it? Even though Towa's back was turned to it and she still managed to dodge? He was literally shitting on them the whole series, but I guess this episode he suddenly turned into a complete dumbass who doesn't even know how to fight! How interesting!

Those poor animators, though. They had to animate something that actually resembled a fight scene this time :(

Anyway, this episode slid this series from bad to trash. This show's getting demoted to a 4.
Feb 6, 2021 3:56 PM

Dec 2014
It's a shame that Sesshoumaru showed just to leave abruptly without even talking to his daughter. I wonder if there's something else that preventing him from interacting with them or he's just being cool.

The twins and Moroha are far too weak for Kirinmaru, training arc when?

Decent episode on the whole.
Feb 6, 2021 4:42 PM
Mar 2015
The girls got the perils pearls for Riku but only Sesshomaru can handle Kirimaru
Feb 6, 2021 7:31 PM

Nov 2018
CesarMagnan said:

Do they think it’s going to be another season?
Feb 6, 2021 9:17 PM

Oct 2008
Lord Sesshomaru has emerged but his entrance was a bit lackluster...
4/5.

Feb 6, 2021 9:49 PM
Nov 2019
Not a fan of the way Konton died, I thought it was very underwhelming. I did like Kirinmaru toying with the trio. If he's meant to be on the level of Sesshomaru, he definitely shouldn't be taking damage from the girls yet. Interesting how Moroha didn't see Sesshomaru, I know there's the theory that she's met him before.
Feb 7, 2021 4:56 AM

Mar 2019
CesarMagnan said:
Kind of good fight between Sesshomaru and Kirinmaru, but a wasted opportunity in this episode to really reunite Sesshomaru with his daughters or even a decent encounter.

Recently started watching Inuyasha again and comparing the first 10 episodes of both series there is way better character development and story direction in Inuyasha than Yashahime.

I would say the reason why we had better development in Inuyasha is because it was intended to be a long story from the start, both manga and anime. Meanwhile they probably prepared a more rushed start for Yashahime just in case the audience was bad, so they could end it in 24 episodes. And as some guys said here recently, maybe they wanted to be how people would react to the first cour to decide in which direction it should be.

Apparently the show is hitting nice numbers and now they may be planning to make it longer, so no need to rush it anymore, what explains the filler next episode.

With this, what I can hope is a second season with better pacing and writing overall, since now they know they are working with a popular show, so I expect they will at least deliver some more quality.

Of course, they could just rush and end everything in the last 4-5 episodes though.
Feb 7, 2021 8:18 AM

Nov 2012
Towa managed to scratch Kirinmaru in their first battle.
It's safe to say that in 5 episodes she will certainly kill him.

Feb 7, 2021 12:01 PM
May 2015
It's sad the Kirinmaru vs Sesshomaru was the best fight because even this fight wasn't really much to watch... lol. One thing I just hope for is that things actually conclude in this season.
Roses are red

violets are blue.

Omae Wa

Mou shindeiru
Feb 7, 2021 2:09 PM
Jan 2021
I kind of wished sesshomaru would have been in the episode more than just a fight scene
Feb 8, 2021 9:15 AM

Sep 2019
Sesshoumaru made me cry.
Feb 9, 2021 6:00 AM
Nov 2020
Narita Ken (Sesshomaru VA) tell that Sesshomaru on defferent level (stronger) than Kirinmaru
https://twitter.com/InuPosket/status/1359130473759313921?s=19
Feb 9, 2021 12:07 PM
Feb 2021
If this anime seems have the plot hole, please make season 2..if one season isn't enough to reveal more
Feb 9, 2021 6:46 PM

Apr 2018
Konton finally dies after dropping the blue orb.

That fight scene between Sesshomaru and Kirinmaru was good, feels so nostalgic to see them fight.

Feb 14, 2021 11:23 AM

Jul 2008
Wow...absolutely nothing happened. Sesshomaru shows up and the plot did not move forward a bit.

This show is really dragging along. Nostalgia is the only reason I think anyone is still watching.
Feb 19, 2021 12:39 PM

Mar 2009
Sesshomaru didn't even acknowledge his daughters rofl.
Mar 1, 2021 1:22 AM

Sep 2016
The god sesshomaru has returnedd it was too fast i need more scenes w him
Facta Non Verba
Mar 27, 2021 1:27 PM

Jan 2009
Such a heart warming reunion.
May 1, 2021 3:16 AM

Jun 2017
I'm glad they still stick to Sesshomaru's character, but still! hopefully, when all is well, he may start to bond with his daughters. Train them even.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
May 23, 2022 8:27 AM

Nov 2010
Damn, they lost against basic attacks. They need to level up more and build up their stats. It's back to side questing again next ep.
Jan 30, 2023 12:09 PM

Jan 2018
Konton's death was very underwhelming. Meh death for a meh character. I wish the characters found out about the true nature of Riku. That was a bit disappointing.

Sesshomaru's character makes no sense. Yeah, I get that he changed over Inuyasha but it still makes 0 sense. Why on earth would he ally himself with one of his father's old enemies? If anything, Inuyasha (series) showed that he gives no shits if he doesn't have anything significant to gain from it. Even Movie 3 got it right. What could he possibly gain from abandoning his daughters and his wife...? Sesshomaru isn't a bitch to anyone. He makes others his bitch.
Mar 25, 2023 5:39 AM

Apr 2013
I still don't get what Sesshomaru's plan is.
Mar 12, 2:48 AM

Jun 2020
Well, this episode moved things along a little bit, even if Sesshomaru hadn't shown up.

Sesshomaru's silent and unresponsive nature is really working in his favor if he really does have a plan. I think he is keeping watch over his daughters so that he could step in whenever their lives are truly in danger. And he also wants them to get stronger on their own, without his help.

But one other thing. Kirinmaru dismissing the daughters and saying they are too weak to kill him was stupid. Like, really? He didn't think for a second that they could get stronger or get new abilities?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 24, 2020

91 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 17, 2020

90 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 10, 2020

108 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 27, 2021

39 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 28, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 20, 2021

90 by evonewsun »»
Mar 13, 1:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.