Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
sub or dub?
Feb 6, 2021 12:20 AM

Mar 2020
i m neither a sub biased or a dub biased anime watcher so i wanna know which version gives a better feel to the show and i would like to have your non biased reviews too. Before voting on this poll, please watch both the versions and then vote, don't go on voting if you have seen only sub or dub version.
Feb 8, 2021 5:37 AM
Aug 2020
From clips I saw of the dub it’s shit and delivery is super weird
Aug 18, 2021 7:22 AM
Nirai Kanai

Dec 2012
I know that I'm super late so you might have already watched it but if not, I'll add some small spoiler free insight. I have to leave out being more thorough to avoid spoiler. RahXephon is my favorite anime (17 years and counting lol) and I've watched it multiple times both sub and dub (currently going through a dub re-watch as we speak). Like you, I'm not biased towards one or the other. I just go by what sounds best for me with any given anime. With that said...

Both sub and dub for Rah has positives and negatives. I feel like the golems or the "mechs" sound less robotic in the sub and as with many anime, a lot of the line delivery feels natural. However, besides his yelling (it can be bad at times), I feel that Chris Patton does a great job as our main protagonist in the dub. There are some scenes where I'd go back and switch between the two and the dub knocks it out of the park across the cast.

Overall though, I just think the sub feels more natural with the setting and the atmosphere of the anime, especially in the earlier episodes. I recommends the sub but not without the appreciation of the dub.

The World Suffused with Sound.
Oct 11, 2021 2:39 PM
Nov 2017
dubbed it has a big chunk of the english cast of elfen lied it kinda makes a neat concept seeing the same voices but with differences..first the themes one a horror the other a mecha
kira in elfen lied plays a vengeful angry sad girl while in rahxephon plays an easygoing girl who just sings and makes weird statements......chris patton plays a bully in elfenlied and is mean to lucy while playin a humble kind mC in rahxephon and is nice to kira's character
mayu is an abused run away girl and asahina is sort of a punk and played by the same actress and i actually like seeing these 2 shows and respective rosters contrast each other while recycling the same cast

More topics from this board

» Is the MC a crybaby ?

Anowser - Jan 2, 2019

6 by thischeetobussin »»
Apr 6, 5:06 PM

Poll: » RahXephon Episode 1 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 20, 2009

32 by walla »»
Feb 2, 9:17 AM

Poll: » RahXephon Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

12 by Dawizz »»
Oct 8, 2023 12:09 AM

Poll: » RahXephon Episode 6 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 21, 2009

12 by OneMoreFinal »»
Oct 1, 2023 10:51 PM

Poll: » RahXephon Episode 12 Discussion

wesley96 - Apr 21, 2009

16 by Dawizz »»
Sep 29, 2023 2:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.