Feb 2, 2021 4:39 AM

Nov 2019
This happened in the main series too in the same sequence:

1. Ren chon walks and finds Suguru
2. Suguru is doing something (sometimes it's a bit weird like chewing grass),
3. They stare at each other for a LOOOONG time
4. Ren sweats a bit
5. Suguru is about to say something
6. Ren chon runs for her life and hugs Natsumi from the back in fear(?)
7. Says something over-the-top

Can anyone explain this gag? I know Renge is eccentric, but this, I just don't understand...
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Feb 22, 2021 8:03 AM

Jun 2020
Laplace_kun said:
This happened in the main series too in the same sequence:

1. Ren chon walks and finds Suguru
2. Suguru is doing something (sometimes it's a bit weird like chewing grass),
3. They stare at each other for a LOOOONG time
4. Ren sweats a bit
5. Suguru is about to say something
6. Ren chon runs for her life and hugs Natsumi from the back in fear(?)
7. Says something over-the-top

Can anyone explain this gag? I know Renge is eccentric, but this, I just don't understand...

Just finished watching the OVA, so I'll tell you what I think :)

Komari tells everyone that it takes a few hours by bike to reach the discount store. Kazuho accompanies the girls with the car and, once inside, Renge seems to be the only one to notice the presence of Suguru (in the previous scenes we see him on a bike). I thought she was definitely amazed to see him there and it all comes from that. After all, he is a particular person, but at the same time gifted with a lot of talent.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sorry but I don't know English very well.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feb 22, 2021 8:21 AM

Nov 2019
Ste9489 said:

Komari tells everyone that it takes a few hours by bike to reach the discount store. Kazuho accompanies the girls with the car and, once inside, Renge seems to be the only one to notice the presence of Suguru (in the previous scenes we see him on a bike). I thought she was definitely amazed to see him there and it all comes from that. After all, he is a particular person, but at the same time gifted with a lot of talent.

So basically Suguru transcends logic of space and time, and Ren, a believer in logic finds him anomalous XD
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Feb 22, 2021 8:34 AM

Jun 2020
Laplace_kun said:
Ste9489 said:

So basically Suguru transcends logic of space and time, and Ren, a believer in logic finds him anomalous XD

I think it may be a good explanation XD
I'm sorry but I don't know English very well.
Jun 12, 2021 1:24 PM
Apr 2016
I watched this episode subtitled in PT-BR (I don't know if it was translated correctly). When Natsumi asks about what happened, Renge says something like "I almost felt a paradigm change". I understood this as a joke with the viewer as Suguru seemed to be about to talk to Renge but she runs away before that happens, preserving one of the biggest jokes in the anime which is the fact that he never says anything (maintaining the paradigm)
Aug 30, 2021 11:16 AM
Dec 2018
DLucas said:
I watched this episode subtitled in PT-BR (I don't know if it was translated correctly). When Natsumi asks about what happened, Renge says something like "I almost felt a paradigm change". I understood this as a joke with the viewer as Suguru seemed to be about to talk to Renge but she runs away before that happens, preserving one of the biggest jokes in the anime which is the fact that he never says anything (maintaining the paradigm)

that make a lot of sense actually
#kyoanistrong
Mar 27, 2022 12:05 AM

May 2018
I was confused a bit too, lol. Glad I visited this discussion for a little idea.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Non Non Biyori OVA Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2014

126 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Oct 19, 2023 7:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.