Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Log Horizon is not getting worse, it's just that your preferences are different from what it has to offer now

Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 2, 2021 4:11 AM
Dec 2019
First of all, Log Horizon *always* was about politics, but it also had all the mmorpg stuff too. Whatever of the two was the main selling point to you didn't matter

Now, in this new season, for now (I mean, it's just 3 fucking episodes yet god fucking damnit), it's almost exclusively about politics, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

The quality of the story is pretty much the same as season one, or something between 1 and 2, but it doesn't have the element that may be what attracted you to the show

As there is a lot of people that loved the show for it's approach in mmorpg, there is a lot of people that love it for it's approach on politics in a fantasy world (like me)
ImNOTAmOtakuFeb 3, 2021 3:53 AM
Feb 2, 2021 4:39 AM

May 2016
PREACH

I'm pretty sick and tired of people shitting on S3 simply coz it has politics. I wonder if these people completely forgot that first two seasons had politics coz yeah it's been quite a while since S2 came. 5 years was it?

For the people who expect action from Log Horizon, I suggest y'all to watch SAO or Overlord or something.
Feb 3, 2021 1:16 AM

Feb 2017
archmage-senpai said:
PREACH

I'm pretty sick and tired of people shitting on S3 simply coz it has politics. I wonder if these people completely forgot that first two seasons had politics coz yeah it's been quite a while since S2 came. 5 years was it?

For the people who expect action from Log Horizon, I suggest y'all to watch SAO or Overlord or something.

Ahaha, i already know and can predict this will happened, and for sure they also comment like this on s1 and s2 instead of just ignore what they hate.
most SAO lover always comparing and attack if anime with this type having other than action especially if that using brain. they also attack another anime or game on youtube before LH airing.
I also already sick why this kind of people keep appearing even they hate it, now i just fully ignore the people or the community because it's so toxic.
-
-
Feb 3, 2021 1:28 AM

Mar 2012
The irony is that if without spoiling anything, this is going to still have plenty of mmorpg action just a little later from where we are now. However to many people are pre judging it to harshly. MAL really has become filled with to many people scoring pieces to early not based on the whole show or doing a proper review just cause they have something they dont like its an insta fail.
Feb 3, 2021 11:30 AM

May 2016
Luc36 said:
archmage-senpai said:
PREACH

Ahaha, i already know and can predict this will happened, and for sure they also comment like this on s1 and s2 instead of just ignore what they hate.
most SAO lover always comparing and attack if anime with this type having other than action especially if that using brain. they also attack another anime or game on youtube before LH airing.
I also already sick why this kind of people keep appearing even they hate it, now i just fully ignore the people or the community because it's so toxic.

Same. I ignore the community too but sometimes they act so stupid that I'm tempted to get into an argument with them just to shut them up. On one side, they say that they don't remember S1 and S2, and on the other side, they continue shitting on S3. We live in a society.

-ShadowClaw- said:
The irony is that if without spoiling anything, this is going to still have plenty of mmorpg action just a little later from where we are now. However to many people are pre judging it to harshly. MAL really has become filled with to many people scoring pieces to early not based on the whole show or doing a proper review just cause they have something they dont like its an insta fail.

Ikr, MAL has too many trolls right now who have the attention span of a fly.
Feb 3, 2021 4:21 PM
Jul 2018
Probably just ReZero fanatics seething about how mediocre the second season of that anime has turned out to be.
Feb 6, 2021 7:41 PM

Apr 2020
Yeah, looks like this season is more focused on politics
Feb 6, 2021 7:48 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I know this is some political isekai and I usually like political anime, but...you know, 4 episodes in a row without any action scenes and only go full politics, for a fantasy isekai is kinda boring for me.

Too bad since I loved season 1 so much, it has nice balance between Slice of life, battle scenes, comedy and politics

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 8, 2021 2:58 PM

Dec 2012
Variety is the spice of life and this season doesn't have it so far
Feb 10, 2021 5:17 AM

May 2020
I rewatched the first two seasons of Log Horizon before season 3 started, and I must say that season 3 feels a tiny bit more boring compared to the previous seasons. I am still somewhat enjoying it, but so far it's not really that special.

EDIT: Oh and I'm not saying it's worse than the previous seasons. You're kind of right. I'm not the biggest fan of politics. I can enjoy it though if I know what's going on. However, it has definitely been a little bit hard to follow along this season, so I'm not entirely sure about my enjoyment of it. I do think I can manage though.
Querez8504Feb 10, 2021 5:24 AM
I'm autistic, male and Norweigan
Feb 10, 2021 6:18 AM

Sep 2018
The point is that the politics of this season is nowhere near as interesting as something like Legend of the Galactic Heroes, for example.

A faster pacing or good directing could make up for that, but this doesn't seem to be the case. For example, the recycled crowd frame (from the POV of those on the stage) of episode 5 is terribly lazy. This is the kind of adaptation that makes the source material better in any way.

I was one of those who didn't find S2 much worse than S1, but if you all tell me that S3 is more or less equally good, I might change my mind about those too.
Feb 10, 2021 7:43 AM

Jan 2013
I definitely don't think it's getting worse. In fact this season has been way better than most of season 2 so far. I'd say it's on the level of season 1 which I'm very happy about. Story is about as engaging and the visuals actually seem to have improved since S2 (maybe because it's only 12 episodes).
Feb 12, 2021 7:19 AM
Feb 2020
i said it again and again,ppl are used to shit writting LN "isekai" or "trapped in game world" or "fantasy wannabe with conveniently rpg element like exp,classes,lvl but just for the sake of it".

they are expecting it like sao or its copy paste where its like this:
the mc got isekaied/trapped then suddenly mc knew how everything works,suddenly mc can do everything,using skill,fighting monster,getting everything he need,then start going to Dungeon ALONE,solving problem of the world without world building ALONE BY HIMSELF,then we got harem,main girl,2nd girl and so on,voila the end.

log horizon is long running mmorpg full of veteran player suddenly become real world/trapped in that world,the game,the player,the mechanic,skill,guild system pk/pvp all intact,now all this vet player,new player are adapting,learning how to live there,the politic is just simple like how guild/alliance works but become harder for this "PLAYERS/GAMERS" when its actually have impact for the world,the ppl living on it.

log horizon is always like this,too bad this sequel come too late the hype is dead,ppl already forget because so many SHIT ISEKAI PRETENTIOUS GAME LIKE come out in between.u dont like it? fine just leave it,change log horizon become shit like sao and its copy paste? NO.
Feb 12, 2021 2:00 PM

Feb 2019
^At least sao is enjoyable, not a boring ass anime like log horizon
Feb 16, 2021 12:56 PM
Jun 2015
Your just happy to see anything Log Horizon, personally i like the concept of what the current arc was doing but it was presented awfully because all it was, was people sitting around tables vaguely chattering about the state of things.
I wanna see things happen, I wanna see shiroe walking the streets and having people demanding things of him as if he were some sort of politician and him having to struggle to reason with those people.
This season is bereft of details or flare
Feb 17, 2021 12:20 PM

Mar 2011
Nah, this season is garbage. WTF happened with this anime???
It was one of the most interesting MMO-isekais out there and now it has 0 tanoshi moments, it is a total borefest because the storytelling is atrocious. If a No Game No Life new season means it would be as bland and soulless as this, I'd rather not.
Feb 17, 2021 12:34 PM

Jul 2015
Yeah, I know to each their own.
But how tf does sword and magic fantasy isekai can mix with politics? Not really. It's simply boring AF.

Feb 18, 2021 6:46 AM
Oct 2019
Thank you for Spitting the obvious facts...

Seems like people coming to Log Horizon expect another SAO....
Feb 18, 2021 3:44 PM

Oct 2013
Nah this season is worse than season 1 or 2, by a looooong shot so far and it's not cause of the politics stuff.

It's because we had like three episodes where it was just dialogue after dialogue with nothing happening and barely any story progression. No joke the first few episodes could have just been pictures with sound. No animation needed it was so slow and a lot of it was just useless info.

Then after all that we finally have something happen the vote and they dedicate 1 whole episode to it which ends in the vote not even mattering and the antagonist just leaving........wooooo glad we wasted 5 episodes on that, just to have literally nothing happen other than Princess joins the council.

Then we really spice up this season with a what, you guessed it.....A PUPPET SHOW! Are you kidding me, what's next episode 8 they all sit around a campfire and tell ghost stories!

Just thought it was funny cause even Shiore, was like .....huh, you just can't tell me what Krusty said so we can get this done and further the story...hmmm oh no, I have to sit and watch a puppet show...ok your right, fuck my time.
Feb 19, 2021 9:21 PM
May 2010
Collins89 said:
Nah this season is worse than season 1 or 2, by a looooong shot so far and it's not cause of the politics stuff.

It's because we had like three episodes where it was just dialogue after dialogue with nothing happening and barely any story progression. No joke the first few episodes could have just been pictures with sound. No animation needed it was so slow and a lot of it was just useless info.

Then after all that we finally have something happen the vote and they dedicate 1 whole episode to it which ends in the vote not even mattering and the antagonist just leaving........wooooo glad we wasted 5 episodes on that, just to have literally nothing happen other than Princess joins the council.

Then we really spice up this season with a what, you guessed it.....A PUPPET SHOW! Are you kidding me, what's next episode 8 they all sit around a campfire and tell ghost stories!

Just thought it was funny cause even Shiore, was like .....huh, you just can't tell me what Krusty said so we can get this done and further the story...hmmm oh no, I have to sit and watch a puppet show...ok your right, fuck my time.

welcome to LN!!!!
Feb 24, 2021 8:03 AM
Jul 2016
Dialog Horizon.... In a nutshell. Its got more lines than a booklet of Terms and Conditions.
Feb 24, 2021 9:29 AM

Jan 2021
in these situations i have a golden rule. if you find it boring before it's finished, read the source material to see what's coming up.
"不幸だ!" - Kamijou Touma
Check out my anime list by clicking here (it's public now).

Feb 24, 2021 7:31 PM
Jan 2021
Found the third season boring as hell tbh
Feb 24, 2021 8:04 PM

Jul 2015
Genjurooo said:
Nah, this season is garbage. WTF happened with this anime???
It was one of the most interesting MMO-isekais out there and now it has 0 tanoshi moments, it is a total borefest because the storytelling is atrocious. If a No Game No Life new season means it would be as bland and soulless as this, I'd rather not.

No game no life was 100x more bland than this season so...... loll

also the story telling is fine it's improved a ton
Feb 26, 2021 1:07 AM

Feb 2017
A ninja loli, a love triangle, a trap / idol, characters with weapons along with a wide variety of skills, openings with animated music that have fight sequences ...

Log Horizon attracted the wrong audience with all of those factors.
The truly intelligent person is one who can pretend to be a fool in front of a fool who pretends to be intelligent.
Feb 26, 2021 6:52 PM

Jun 2016
Studio Deen
Studio Deen
Studio Deen again again again

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Mar 3, 2021 5:54 AM

Mar 2016
I dropped this anime just recently. I don't have an issue with the politics of this show, but for some reason...... this season just didn't hit right. I loved 1 and 2 to some extent, but 3 isn't up my alley. Anyways, to each his own. So, lovers love while haters hate👍
Mar 5, 2021 6:21 PM
Feb 2020
Liked season 1 and 2, started watching this new season and was surprised by the rating. Let me start by saying if you want shounen type anime where MC can defeat a 100+ year old villain by remembering his/her dead parents at last second then this anime was not for you from the start. People like @Sakuta002766 are hating it when their preference is clearly not this type of political drama anime,no hate for you dude, but you can stop watching it.
This anime is not top tier with deep psychological themes but it is good. People hating this type of anime is one of the reasons we get majority animes where 14, 15 year old are killing demon lords with no strategy at all which does not cater to mature audience.
Mar 5, 2021 6:23 PM

Feb 2019
ANTI-MAL-ELITIST said:
Liked season 1 and 2, started watching this new season and was surprised by the rating. Let me start by saying if you want shounen type anime where MC can defeat a 100+ year old villain by remembering his/her dead parents at last second then this anime was not for you from the start. People like @Sakuta002766 are hating it when their preference is clearly not this type of political drama anime,no hate for you dude, but you can stop watching it.
This anime is not top tier with deep psychological themes but it is good. People hating this type of anime is one of the reasons we get majority animes where 14, 15 year old are killing demon lords with no strategy at all which does not cater to mature audience.

Hey, wait i stopped watching log horizon long ago
Mar 24, 2021 5:54 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
First season was handled by a different studio the politics in s1 and s2 wasn't as boring and dull as s3, also they had to vote and the dude dropped out before hearing the results kinda made it anticlimactic if you ask me, but nah the whole 12 of this season was very much not up to expectations yknow when you finally hear a series is getting a sequel you jump and get excited and even have high expectations of what will be like only for it to be such a snooze fest overall season 1 was pretty balanced with its stuff and season 2 was pretty good the raid for gold and the raid in akiba as well etc the arcs in the past few seasons was just better but hey be honest man the season was not entirely great maybe if it was handled differently it would have been better but studio deen sucks at most animes they do so the blame lies with deen but as somebody said each to there own and no we aren't SAO fan boys SAO was shit i wont deny that but at least the whole of SAO was more entertaining than s3 of log Horizon to me log Horizon is the weakest season to date could have been better but it is what it is

Mar 24, 2021 8:12 PM
Nov 2015
Welp log Horizon season 3 got attack by MAL bot haters.

And admin does nothing about.

It's not like only this anime

Other popular anime got attack random bot as well.

Also so many isekai anime today it's hard for log Horizon to compete.
Mar 25, 2021 6:40 AM
Nov 2013
There's only 1 episode left of the current season so I can write it now: Season 3 IS worse than previous two. I re-watched the previous seasons last month and had way more fun than watching current one.
Apr 10, 2021 12:20 PM

Mar 2013
The problem wasn't the politics, the first episodes were OK (a little too fleshed out without enough intrigue but still OK)

The problem was that the whole second half of the season was centered on the kids, which are just plain boring. When you end on a bad note, it makes the whole thing feel bad. That's a known fact in show biz.

Rudy is the only saving grace of the kids. His personal evolution was actually really interesting. In S1 he was pretty much an overconfident brat, by S3 he is a dependable ally wich often provides useful insights. He's also often seen talking with other people of the Land and it seems like he is kind of a pillar for them.

And with the focus on the first episodes (and in S2) regarding the power struggle involving People of the Land and their worries, one would think Ruddy would be a central point right? Nah, let's bring back even more annoying kids from Hamelin that no one cares about and focus on Minori "I want Shiroe senpai to notice me" which is a snorefest. Good riddance btw. To me the two high points of this season was Krusty's adventure and Minori getting dumped.
MusikaApr 10, 2021 12:23 PM
Apr 10, 2021 12:31 PM
Mar 2008
Hmmm no it is worst,just binged all three seasons to see if the first two were fun. And they were fun,they too had scheming and politics,it just wasn't this muh democracy garbage. Most of the season 3 nothing happens,just pointless meandering and boring talks about getting married and such shit. Nobody plays MMOs or watches MMOs to see inventing democracy lol. Politics are fun if there is some conflict and it is not just empty talking for hours.
May 18, 2021 2:21 PM

Oct 2008
I think the idea of agriculture, rebuilding civilization, fantasy adventuring and politics are a fresh combination. But the novelty wore off at some point. Now anime like "Shingeki no Kyoujin" and "Honzuki no Gekokujou" are the direction in which I see the most promice.

Was I bored, not especially. I think I liked this a little more than Dr. Stone s2, to be honest. With Dr. Stone I found myself feeling disappointed, while Log Horizon made me feel a sence of anticipation.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon: Entaku Houkai Episode 6 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 17, 2021

48 by argy97 »»
Apr 7, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon: Entaku Houkai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2021

149 by waldy713 »»
Nov 17, 2023 1:47 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon: Entaku Houkai Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2021

38 by waldy713 »»
Nov 17, 2023 1:35 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon: Entaku Houkai Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2021

38 by waldy713 »»
Nov 15, 2023 11:27 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon: Entaku Houkai Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2021

46 by waldy713 »»
Nov 15, 2023 10:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.