Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 8, 2022 5:03 AM
Mar 2022
the s1 was gold , s2 first part sucks but 2nd part was more than gold same goes for the s3 . high hope for s4
Apr 15, 2022 11:29 AM

Dec 2012
I'm not falling for this trap again.. S2 and S3 were disappointing
Apr 18, 2022 7:57 PM
Oct 2020
Definetly another disappointment let the anime rest,please 😭‼️
Apr 18, 2022 9:27 PM
Jun 2021
If its executed well, without being rushed or skipping parts of the novels then we are in for a banger. vol 12,13,14 is chock full of bloody action and huge developtment as adventurers for the main cast. it will be like s1 with lots of dungeon action. problem is so much happens in the next arcs that unless we get 2 parts for this season, atleast 24 eps, then either huge parts will be cut out or we only get midway through the arc
Apr 20, 2022 5:44 PM
Aug 2021
Bro shut up stop hate watching if you really dislike it all 3 season we’re really good people like you is why the anime community is so toxic
Apr 28, 2022 2:23 AM
Jan 2018
JC staff is still doing it so it will be another disappointment , plus the anime now assumes people play the mobile game and adapt stuff that should be in the anime onto the game instead
Apr 28, 2022 5:50 AM
Feb 2022
All of seasons were great. I have no idea why so many people hate this anime so much.
May 2, 2022 9:08 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
The way I view it, none of the 3 anime seasons have done the series justice.

That being said, I rate the anime highly due to it being a mix of still enjoying the adaptations to an extent and the amount of love I have for the source material itself.

I'd say that the main issue with the anime is that it skips a lot of the much smaller (but equally important) moments. Those moments do a lot in Danmachi's favor imo as far as building up likeable characters is concerned.

When you have a series with a core cast of characters and decide to cut out a good chunk of the cast's interactions and only display the bare minimum in an adaptation, it can be hard to care for any of them and by extension, to care for any of the events they're a part of.

I have no doubt Season 4 will fail to capture the best parts of the material its gonna cover but I can only hope to be proven wrong. Either way, I know I will like it regardless.
May 22, 2022 5:46 AM
Oct 2019
Another guy that obsessed with score even before it's airing...
Lmao
May 26, 2022 8:04 PM

Mar 2013
at the very least, I'm hoping for another oratoria...
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 28, 2022 2:25 PM
Dec 2021
We’ll let the gods decide…
But seriously, I am hyped for this
May 29, 2022 3:22 AM
Apr 2020
Chika_tetsu said:
danmachi has a problem of telling what the main characters' goals are

"-Become a strong adventurer.
-Become equal to Ais wallenstein.
-Creating a world where xenos and people can live together."

Here's some info from the wiki since you clearly haven't seen a single episode of danmachi lmao.
May 29, 2022 3:37 AM
Apr 2020
To everyone who calls this anime a dissapointment, what are some reasons for hating it?

Genuinely asking, because to me it seems like a solid anime. I mean we have an anime where mc starts from scratch instead of having yet another OP isekai bs anime (very thankful for this). Mc and other characters have a fair amount of character development, animation is good etc.

Is it rushed or is something missing from the light novel?
May 29, 2022 11:25 PM

May 2021
Dozasib said:
To everyone who calls this anime a dissapointment, what are some reasons for hating it?

Genuinely asking, because to me it seems like a solid anime. I mean we have an anime where mc starts from scratch instead of having yet another OP isekai bs anime (very thankful for this). Mc and other characters have a fair amount of character development, animation is good etc.

Is it rushed or is something missing from the light novel?
i find it to be a solid anime as well, idk why it's hated on sm (ik some people say it's rushed)
May 30, 2022 1:12 AM
May 2022
Video gathering all the designs of the characters of the season 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxJ5z-OaVhA
Jun 1, 2022 9:29 AM
Feb 2018
Honestly I’m looking forward to this. Love the story of this anime but I’d love to see more action in the next season.
Jun 6, 2022 9:09 AM
Sep 2016
Season 4 is what most fans wanted, an entire arc of dungeon exploration. Its one of the best arcs in the series so if JCS doesnt screw up big time it should be good. But you know... You can never trust JCS.
Jun 11, 2022 6:14 AM
May 2019
I thought everyone loved this show that watched it. There hasn't been a single disappointment about it.
Jun 16, 2022 1:41 PM

Feb 2012
MangaZed said:
CamusEvergarden said:
We're going in the 4th season...I'm somewhat expecting Ais and Bell's relationship to develop, but after this past season I dont have that much faith it will :/

Sorry bro, even S5 won't have any :(

rdvgpv said:

Nop, not mistaken at all. Just disapointed at the drop of quality of the adaptations S2 onward *sigh*. Ofc this is my opinion coming from the novel, so I might be biased *shrug*

Actually, we adapted the LNs better than JC staff in our heads while reading it. So, we shouldn't blame them for disappointing us. It couldn't be helped. Hoping they adapt this season better than s1 since here we have more fight scenes and a more elaborated and darker theme to it. We will feel more desperation and hopelessness than ever in this anime compared to previous seasons.

IFA1Jun 16, 2022 1:48 PM
Jun 19, 2022 4:44 AM
Jul 2016
at this point I'm only watching for 10 minutes of Hestia screentime per season
Jun 19, 2022 6:25 AM

Sep 2018
IFA1 said:
MangaZed said:

Sorry bro, even S5 won't have any :(

They will get closer, and Aiz will have her own Arc soon. But it's a lot less then desired.
Jun 20, 2022 8:41 AM
Apr 2015
I wonder what poor, down-trodden, victim of circumstance girl he will find to be the hero of this go (barf!). this anime gets worse every season.
Jun 21, 2022 3:10 AM

Mar 2016
it was a disappointment from the first season.
Just SFK.
Jun 25, 2022 7:54 AM
Jan 2021
I literally just finished s3 last night and from me remembering certain elements from seasons 1 and 2 I know them cutting content from the ln has a lot of people upset but I'm not too surprised by that I mean how many of these isekai type shows even though this isn't a true Isekai anyway how many of these ln adaptations cut content to fit or in some cases not fit the show overall this show really has become which poor girl bell will find save get attached the and add to his ever growing oblivious harem I almost forgot that he unknowingly gets like 3 to 4 new girls a seasons on top of the main one they focus on for each season I do however like this show and bells growth as a MC since it's not a traditional Isekai where bell just has god tier hax powers out the gate I like that he struggles and doesn't win every fight and still has to learn stuff makes it unique to know when the MC can't just one shot everything and since s4 has 22 episodes a lot of people saying it's gonna be a pretty good arc I'd they obviously adapt the right stuff so looking forward to it enjoyed the first 3 seasons with the first one reminding me somewhat of the first 14 eps of sword art season 1 albeit before I found out that they cut aincrad in half for whatever reason and I'm not a ln reader so I only get what I see from dungeon or danmachi these r my options
Pokemon2021Jun 25, 2022 7:58 AM
Jul 10, 2022 2:22 AM

Oct 2008
don't be so nega MAL always so so...

Jul 12, 2022 8:03 PM
Nov 2021
G-kayla said:
Definetly another disappointment let the anime rest,please 😭‼️

It's so bad that its your only post made in being a member here for 2 years... damn that's a lot of pull that DanMachi has, I bet you'll be waaaatching.

It's going to be good. :)
Aug 5, 2022 9:16 PM
Oct 2019
Nurguburu said:
I disliked S2 and S3. S4 is my last hope.

yea, season 1 had something that seasons 2 and 3 failed to replicate. i'll probably keep watching even though i feel like things are going down a similar path as 7 deadly sins went. really loved it at the start, but as the seasons went by, it was just ok enough for me to continue watching and to try and finish the story
Aug 6, 2022 5:57 PM
Oct 2020
Nurguburu said:
yanshenpan said:

why are you still watching then?

Cuz I enjoy bad anime.
its not bad then if you enjoy it. Is it that hard to admit it?
Aug 9, 2022 7:04 PM
Jun 2020
Even on its worst day it's still better then alotof stuff coming out. But there has been a obvious decline. The last season barely had anything to do with bell. I'm an anime only kinda person so can anyone enlighten me on what the storyline will be?
Aug 24, 2022 4:18 PM
Aug 2020
From the get go this anime had no plot, MC goal was getting stronger to impress a girl, how lame. No great quest, or objective, or dream, or goal, nothing, just getting inside the pantsu of a girl with the personality of a doorbell, and for no reason at all too, he fell heads over hells for her because of her... strength? Yeah right, thats just silly.

Likewise, this season had no plot so far and amounted to nothing. Whats the storyline here so far? Explote the dungeon more? Then they find a strong monster? Then bell pretends its difficult but then suddenly its not? Thats it? Why did it happen, what for? To coexist with beast people? But how exactly will that help? Thats right, no one knows, just like no one knows that blond beautiful goddess(Freiya? Aphrodite? This anime is so stupid I cant recall names) motivations and endgame, because theres none, because theres nothing driving this anime forward, its like a bad fanfiction that somehow got an adaptation, the characters are unidimensional, have no development, barely any personality and absolutely no objetive, everything and everyone exists just as a plot device to further strengthen bell, aka the center of the universe and real god of this world, just so that he can get inside the panties of a girl that clearly has a serious mental disability and probably can't even fathom whats happening.

This anime goes from nowhere to nowhere else, characters just aimlessly drift around having silly adventures, while bell cries and screams while simultaneously being a mary sue.

Thats all I want to say on the subject now, maybe I'll do a more elaborate review sometime, but to be honest I just started watching this anime because of a collab with an online game, so I dont really care much.
Aug 24, 2022 4:23 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
The lack of Hestia this season makes this the best adaptation of Danmachi ever, very recommended to watch this season since there's almost no buzzing annoying noise from the useless girl :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Aug 24, 2022 6:34 PM
Sep 2016
Tenshi_Budo said:
From the get go this anime had no plot, MC goal was getting stronger to impress a girl, how lame. No great quest, or objective, or dream, or goal, nothing, just getting inside the pantsu of a girl with the personality of a doorbell, and for no reason at all too, he fell heads over hells for her because of her... strength? Yeah right, thats just silly.

Likewise, this season had no plot so far and amounted to nothing. Whats the storyline here so far? Explote the dungeon more? Then they find a strong monster? Then bell pretends its difficult but then suddenly its not? Thats it? Why did it happen, what for? To coexist with beast people? But how exactly will that help? Thats right, no one knows, just like no one knows that blond beautiful goddess(Freiya? Aphrodite? This anime is so stupid I cant recall names) motivations and endgame, because theres none, because theres nothing driving this anime forward, its like a bad fanfiction that somehow got an adaptation, the characters are unidimensional, have no development, barely any personality and absolutely no objetive, everything and everyone exists just as a plot device to further strengthen bell, aka the center of the universe and real god of this world, just so that he can get inside the panties of a girl that clearly has a serious mental disability and probably can't even fathom whats happening.

This anime goes from nowhere to nowhere else, characters just aimlessly drift around having silly adventures, while bell cries and screams while simultaneously being a mary sue.

Thats all I want to say on the subject now, maybe I'll do a more elaborate review sometime, but to be honest I just started watching this anime because of a collab with an online game, so I dont really care much.

We are on Season 4, why on earth are you still watching it if you dislike it so much? Talk about being a masochist lol
Aug 24, 2022 6:51 PM
Aug 2020
Siegfried10 said:

We are on Season 4, why on earth are you still watching it if you dislike it so much? Talk about being a masochist lol

I'm almost enjoying my anger >:0

Fr tho, I started watching it because of a collab with a game I'm playing and then just kinda stick with it. Its not that its bad, its just that it has no plot and the characters are terrible, but like, its something to turn my brain off to and watch the cute anime girls tits bouncing.

tl;dr: Hestia.
Aug 25, 2022 9:47 AM
Sep 2016
Tenshi_Budo said:
Siegfried10 said:

I'm almost enjoying my anger >:0

Fr tho, I started watching it because of a collab with a game I'm playing and then just kinda stick with it. Its not that its bad, its just that it has no plot and the characters are terrible, but like, its something to turn my brain off to and watch the cute anime girls tits bouncing.

tl;dr: Hestia.

Im sorry, but if you are watching anime for "cute anime girls tits bouncing" you have no right to be complaining lol.

Danmachi is a story centered in Bell's journey as an adventurer and it has been like that since Volume 1, a character centered story. It does have some plot elements, like the One Eyed Black Dragon or the Dungeon, but those are end game stuff. I guess you could count Freya here as the author refered to her as one of the three final boss.

Sword Oratoria is a more plot centered story, as the story focused on Enyo for 12 volumes. The anime was axed after season 1 though.
Dec 1, 2022 9:54 PM

Oct 2008
Hmm I'm not seeing the drop in quality honestly. Maybe I'm biased, although I don't think so, or maybe the show's good at pulling the wool over my eyes. But I liked the animation, expressions of characters, which is really what matters to me.
As for story telling (plot progression, character development), I am convinced this season is just setting the stage for the next, which is somewhat of a shame. Still while I feel this season is definitely not as good as s3, it's still above average, which is all I need.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

226 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2022

102 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2022

67 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2022

81 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2022

110 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.