Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 31, 2021 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh geez, Sylphy crying...

It's time like that where she needs comfort especially from Rudy. Looks like we got some family drama this episode in terms of storytelling. Interestingly enough, even their maid is involved.

Rudy's character has been maturing more although I guess he still has much to learn.
Jan 31, 2021 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
The episode that everyone will be talking about: the Greyrat Family near-breakup...and Ghislaine.

Zenith getting pregnant is a joy...but even the house maid Lilia also? Paul's grave sin about having an affair with the family maid...and earning a heavy ire against his wife Zenith. Leaving a mother with her newborn child out in the wild will be HEAPS bad. And Rudeus HAS THE CHEEK to add fuel to the fire by spitting lies, and surprisingly resolve the conflict by supporting both the family and Slyphie. But as if Paul and Zenith's acts are to blame, Roxy and Lilia getting aroused is just a matter of time.

Well eventually, the twins are born, but I just can't (for the life of God) believe that I'm seeing the semblance to each Zenith and Lilia's newborne through their hair color. Norn and Aisha, good names.

The "trade" between Paul and Rudeus through swordsmanship training, and their "man of culture" conversation. Between Rudeus and Slyphie, the thought of the latter going away, she'll revert back to her old self.

HEH, receiving Roxy's letter from the Shirone Kingdom, and yet being ridiculed being a royal tutor and being fondled with a flat chest. HAH the Royal Relic has been found out by both sides. The call to go forward to Ranoa Magic University, there seems to be some rush about it, and Rudeus decides to take the plunge to enroll, but Paul stops for familial and financial reasons. For a 7-year-old to say that he wants to take up jobs to earn for Slyphie's part, that's some courage.

Another trainer has arrived: Ghislaine the beast woman, and the Greyrat Family is more than happy to send Rudy off to her, Paul in particular. The sakuga though is surmisingly sweet and well-animated. What has Ghislaine has in store for Rudy, I wonder?

Another enjoyable episode, by which this point isn't a surprise.
KANLen09Jan 31, 2021 9:52 AM
Jan 31, 2021 7:34 AM

Jul 2017
Really enjoying the pacing of this adaptation, hope they keep it up. Also damn Ghislaine looks good.
Jan 31, 2021 7:56 AM

Jun 2012
I won't take sides in the Paul x Lilia debate but, both of them wanted something from each other.

---------
Mod Note: Reorganized and added spoiler tags
dipItFooFeb 4, 2021 6:55 PM
Jan 31, 2021 8:00 AM

Apr 2020
Paul is in trouble, he's doing stupid things, however Lilia is really pretty and seductive lol.

Sylph while crying looks cute tbh, and finally we hear about Roxy's news, and she sends a letter for Rudy.
Jan 31, 2021 8:13 AM

May 2019
PAUL DID NOTHING WRONG!

lol, anyway, Rudy did the best for his family. And Paul's penalty must be taking care of two woman and 2 babies, receiving nothing as reward. Zenith and Lillia should be coulder to him.

If it was real life, remember, he would left home and let all the mothers alone.

-----------------------------

Please evaluate my review of Mushoku Tensei!
https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=376890
Jan 31, 2021 8:32 AM

Mar 2019
Man this show has a lot of sex for some reason. Do we have to have that every episode?
Jan 31, 2021 8:33 AM

Jun 2012
RegalTheReaL said:
Man this show has a lot of sex for some reason. Do we have to have that every episode?

I see no problem with this. Game of Thrones had it far worse and still received universal acclaim.
Jan 31, 2021 8:33 AM

Feb 2019
Another near perfectly adapted episode. The tension with the double pregnancy was very well done. The only criticism I have of the episode is that in the LN I’m pretty sure Paul and Rudy just fought, Rudy gets knocked and then wakes up in a carriage. He doesn’t know who he’s going with until he wakes up.

Great episode to wrap up volume 1, looking forward to volume 2 next week. Hoping the studio can keep this quality up.

Edit: I’m also seeing a lot of people complain(not specifically MAL, but Reddit, twitter etc) that Paul raped lilia. He didn’t. The anime doesn’t go into as much detail as the books obviously, but Lilia was very willing and admits to actively trying to seduce Paul. They’d also slept together years ago when they were younger.
Marinate1016Jan 31, 2021 8:38 AM
Jan 31, 2021 8:37 AM

Jan 2017
Paul did a big oofie, but the whole affair is grey since both parties are partly at fault

Aww so Sylphie's not joining Rudy at school... or will she
Jan 31, 2021 8:40 AM
Nov 2016
Glordit said:

How exactly? Spoil me please.

Mod Note: Edited quoted message(spoiler tags)
dipItFooFeb 4, 2021 6:58 PM
Jan 31, 2021 8:42 AM

Aug 2013
Paul, what are you teaching your child. XD

The family problem was resolved thanks to Rudeus and he received a letter from Roxy.

I forgot that Ghyslaine would appear this early. She looks good.

I can't wait to see the violent young lady next episode.

Jan 31, 2021 8:43 AM
Mar 2018
FragmantLemon said:
Aww so Sylphie's not joining Rudy at school... or will she

Remember he's going to work for that reason
Jan 31, 2021 8:44 AM

Jan 2008
*Ahem*, I will gladly accept father of the year award. Thank you. Thank you all very much.
Jan 31, 2021 8:46 AM

Jun 2012
-David- said:
Glordit said:
Paul will eventually redeem himself.

Jan 31, 2021 8:49 AM

Jul 2017
Paul smh, well I can see why, she does look too fine. Glad Zenith is a smart and forgiving woman (assisted with some puppy-eyed Rudy talks).

Sylphy is too precious to be left alone, that's for sure, and she is alr an ideal girl as she is.

Finally we can see Roxy again this soon, so many lewd males in this series as usual.
They all deserve some taste of the great Roxy's fire magic
Ghislaine made an appearance. The pacing is still as perfect and flawless as usual.

Mod Edit: Removed second screenshot. Only one screenshot per episode discussion is permitted.
dipItFooFeb 4, 2021 7:01 PM
Jan 31, 2021 8:49 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So Paul is a cheater... I'm not even surprising to be honest, it was to expect with this medieval era and the maid being alone with the couple in the house.
That girl at the end seems pretty interesting, and Sylph already loves Rudy, so cute xD
Jan 31, 2021 8:51 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Marinate1016 said:

Edit: I’m also seeing a lot of people complain(not specifically MAL, but Reddit, twitter etc) that Paul raped lilia. He didn’t. The anime doesn’t go into as much detail as the books obviously, but Lilia was very willing and admits to actively trying to seduce Paul. They’d also slept together years ago when they were younger.

Yeah I've seen that discussion flare up several places. While Paul is not an innocent victim and is clearly a cheating spineless twerp , it's cleat that Lilia wanted him too. It was consensual. And well to be honest, she is smoking hot so it probably didn't take a lot of convincing.

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 31, 2021 8:51 AM
Sep 2015
I'm wondering if Paul did something to Roxy too. He's so promiscuity, my punishment for him is to have him take up a dick in his ass, my dick specifically.
Jan 31, 2021 8:52 AM

Jul 2020
Holy kek, Paul is a naive chad... big ups lol. Can't wait to see the character dymanic beyween Rudy and Ghyslaine. Should be an interesting one...
Jan 31, 2021 8:54 AM
Jul 2018
Glordit said:
-David- said:

That's his duty. You don't get a medal for doing your duty.

In this episode, we've learned that Paul is a rapist. Honestly, fuck Paul. Rudeus is the only perv in this show who was able to redeem himself by the end.

Jan 31, 2021 8:55 AM

Jun 2012
Marinate1016 said:

I've stopped using Reddit and Twitter because of idiots like that.

The LN/WN basically goes like this (For anyone wondering):

The reason why Paul slept with Lilia is because Zenith wanted her pregnancy to stabilize.

Both of them where "in the mood" and Lilia has had a thing for Paul for a very very long time. Long before he got married. She gave into his advances.

Zenith also knew Paul was a skirt chaser and expected this to eventually happen too.

He still deserved what he got though.
Jan 31, 2021 8:56 AM

Oct 2017
Wow I never thought Paul would do something like that so I was kinda conflicted at the begining but the way Rudy smoothed things over was really great. I mean I can see why Lilia would get horny and Paul couldn't resist her charms cause he's a true man. Also lmao so he even took her virginity back when they were students and he's a big womanizer too. Quite too many revealations but I'm fine with all of it.

I love how Lilia started to like Rudy and even calls him Rudy sama. I mean after what he did for her ofc she would be grateful. Both of Rudy's sisters are really adorable.

Finally letter from Roxy sensei and she's being openly molested. Thou I hope that's the extent of it and it doesn't develop into anything more.

Sylphie crying for Rudy was sweet and Rudy trying to take Sylphie with him to the academy was sweet too but too bad he now has to stay away from her and live with Ghislaine to earn money. She's hot af thou.

Great episode again and many will find this episode hard to swallow but personally I liked this episode.
Jan 31, 2021 8:58 AM
Nov 2018
I really love the pacing thus far. Tho I wasn’t expecting Lilia to get pregnant, and then it be Paul who got her that way Lol. I was kinda surprised, but not too much. It did feel really awkward tho!
And that new “Big” girl that comes in looks interesting :D
Jan 31, 2021 9:00 AM

Jun 2012
PoisonHero said:
Glordit said:

In this episode, we've learned that Paul is a rapist. Honestly, fuck Paul. Rudeus is the only perv in this show who was able to redeem himself by the end.

I am guessing that you probably haven't read the LN/WN so you wouldn't know the full story about Paul, Zenith and Lilia.

The manga is seriously lacking in content and detail.
Jan 31, 2021 9:01 AM

Sep 2019
Lilia's body is just too voluptious lol so it was bound to happen. Thou am I the only one who thought she'd end up in Rudy's harem?
Jan 31, 2021 9:02 AM

Apr 2020
Wow Paul, you two-timing rascal. Not only Zenith got her 2nd baby, but their maid Lilia got one too. And if you're a normal person who read atleast the basics of family entertainment, you know what's going to happen next. But Rudy took things differently and acknowledges Lilia's situation, and thankfully Zenith did too (although Lilia's seduction is actually at fault here, Paul is just too easy for that). Two siblings for Rudy, and atleast they're acting normal as a family.

Our girl Sylph doesn't want to let Rudy go for Ranoa Academy to learn magic. And even if he wants to take her with him, the logistics aren't enough. At first, I don't get why Paul hit him with the sword in the head at the end, but it was actually a way to convince him to work with big momma Ghislaine. Well the episode was kinda rocky but it maintained itself well, looks like Rudy is now working for his and Sylph's tuition for the Academy. And we get a bit of Roxy there in her message, her student is a bit rascal as well.
Jan 31, 2021 9:03 AM
Jul 2018
Ayayay...... Paul cheated on his wife! I actually was not expecting Paul to cheat on his wife though, but he did.

Sylphy... I do not see her in the same cart. Man, this sucks. I wonder how Sylphy will be doing then, I hope she'll be fine. Too bad Sylphy wasn't there too to go with Rudeus. I am sad.

Woah, I get to see Rudeus in a Cart heading to a town after Rudeus himself got striked by his own father. Oof! His father was too fast, as expected from someone who reached the highest rank of all styles.

Feb 2020
Laughing quite a lot for this one. Wasn't expecting such a twist there! But with Rudy's 40 years of knowledge, he got the family through that problem. And hey, we got some wholesome moments thanks to that!

Glad to see Roxy again, but I'm guessing she'll only appear periodically for a long time like this. At least we got 3 other best girls we can look forward to.

Amazing shots animation-wise & nice soundtrack, and very nice scenes for the first half. Wonder how his training will go.

Feb 2020
i like how rudeus has god intentions w/ the whole cheating thing

can't get over how cute sylph is omg - hope they can both go to uni together

i wonder how his new job will be..
Jan 31, 2021 9:04 AM

Aug 2020
Good ass pacing. We'll probably see

Mod Note: Added spoiler tags
dipItFooFeb 4, 2021 9:02 PM
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.

Jul 2015
Good pacing. I liked how they use OP time to make the whole situation even more dramatic.

Oct 2013
Man the fuck, Lilia super hot with her uniform but they fucked it up real hard here lol with her ass

ass be looking like the asses of those ugly old folks people in retirement homes
DeknijffMar 8, 2021 2:07 PM

Jun 2019
Really enjoyed the episode. Paul is such a playboy. Sylphy's cryin' was so adorably sad. Finally, Rudy is going to work with Paul's friend.

Sep 2019
PoisonHero said:
Glordit said:

Huh how is he a rapist? Lilia openly seduced him and she admits to it too. Also Paul is just a womanizer, not a rapist. Yes womanizing is not good too but nearly not as bad as rape.
May 2016
PoisonHero said:
Glordit said:

I giving you the real spoiler is that okay?

this is reaaaaaaaaly spoiler

i warn you

Jan 31, 2021 9:05 AM
Jul 2018
Glordit said:
PoisonHero said:

I am guessing that you probably haven't read the LN/WN so you wouldn't know the full story about Paul, Zenith and Lilia.

Literally made this account to rate MT 10/10. I've read the WN. Paul Raped Lilia back in the dojo, remember?

Jan 31, 2021 9:07 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode as always.

I figured Paul was a womanizer based on the things he was telling his son but somehow I didn't expect him to cheat on his wife, that was pretty low even for him. I think it was completely his fault even if Lilia was the one who seduced him. Luckily Zenith is great and she found it in herself to not only forgive him but allow Lilia to raise her kid along with her own. Honestly, she was really the bigger person in the whole ordeal. I did really like how Rudy smoothed things over though.

The things Paul and Rudy bond over, hah. xD

Goddamn, when Sylphie cried asking Rudy to not leave, my heart sank so much. Such an adorable scene, I hope they really double down on their relationship in the future. It might be the most compelling part of the show.

Hah, Rudy's reaction when the beast(fox) woman here was exactly what I expected and I had the same reaction. It had to happen sooner or later.
The fight sequence between Paul and Rudy was very cool, I'm guessing Paul had to do it by force cause Rudy wouldn't listen otherwise. I'm assuming this is the so called job that Paul got for him.
Lelouch0202Jan 31, 2021 9:18 AM
Jan 31, 2021 9:10 AM

Jun 2012
PoisonHero said:
Glordit said:

Literally made this account to rate MT 10/10. I've read the WN. Paul Raped Lilia back in the dojo, remember?

The description is so ambiguous that it could be argued in either direction.

Regardless, she still slept with him because she lusted for him from all those years when he attacked her in the Dojo.
Jan 31, 2021 9:10 AM
Oct 2016
Paul ya done goofed! Some major events happening in this episode. Paul screwing Lillia making for an awkward situation with her and Zenith both getting pregnant. Rudy did the right thing to convince his mom to not just kick Lillia out. Zenith luckily has a good heart and along with Rudy manipulating the truth she saw reason and decided to let the blame fall on Paul thus letting Lillia and her baby stay there. They are family now after all. Which has now grown in size quite a lot work two new babies around.

Upon getting the letter from Roxy it seems Rudy is rethinking his initial plan to just stay in the peaceful village forever with Sylphy. Now he wants to send them both to that magic university Roxy suggested before. Of course the family can afford two sets of tuition so that's out of the question as of now. Luckily the super babe Ghislaine gets introduced this episode taking Rudy off for a job sort of like he wanted.
Jan 31, 2021 9:14 AM
May 2018
Well, that wooden sword hit felt too real. Nice episode as always.
Jan 31, 2021 9:14 AM

Apr 2020
Oh about Paul's mistake of being a dummy, yeah I can take it in different ways.

First, fuck you Paul. Not only you're a bit wishy washy for being a father, but you can't resist your already nourished sexual desires. I mean come on dude, learn some limitations...

Now that's out of the way, here's where I'm going to atleast try to defend him and his actions. And first we go to Lilia, our calm yet horny maid of the Greycats. Well we all know about Paul and Zenith's sexual activities, we already caught that in Episode 1, about how they're loud noises penetrate the whole house at night. And of course being their in-house maid, Lilia should be sickened or be indulged in their sexual activity but only as a third-wheel observer. And I understand that since who will not be disturbed by sex noises?

So that's why Lilia just can't resist and manages to seduce Paul. And since this is a medieval isekai world without the existence of condoms or some contraceptives, yeah...Paul's sperms managed to reach Lilia's egg in a JACKPOT. So go have sex if they wish to, but shooting it inside will not help them dearly in the future. If it wasn't for Rudy's actions, Zenith could have gone berserk, Lilia wouldn't survive with her child, and Paul would be forever ridiculed of his actions. Thank god that Paul didn't DO Roxy while she was at their home, that is nice to know and we'll take that as the silver lining.

Also Paul is really a womanizer in the past, he actually did Lilia when they were just students, what are the fucking chances? So if Zenith didn't marry Paul, he could have ended up with Lilia. And yep I guess this is the reason why Paul chose Lilia to become their in-house maid...so Paul can have a future reservations on her, ok I see I see u rascal.
Jan 31, 2021 9:15 AM
Jul 2018
Glordit said:
PoisonHero said:

Regardless, she still slept with him because she lusted for him from all those years when he attacked her in the Dojo.

Lmao, how the hell is that ambiguous? It's explicitly clear that it's rape. How are you comprehending "forced attack" as anything but rape? You are rationalizing at this point. Even in the anime, it's made pretty clear.

removed-userJan 31, 2021 9:18 AM
Jan 31, 2021 9:16 AM

Sep 2011
Father: cheater and rapist
Son: grooming a 7 year old girl

It looks like the finale of "biggest piece of shit" contest
Jan 31, 2021 9:16 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Lelouch0202 said:
Fantastic episode as always.

I figured Paul was a womanizer based on the things he was telling his son but somehow I didn't expect him to cheat on his wife, that was pretty low even for him. I think it was completely his fault even if Lilia was the one who seduced him. Luckily Zenith is great and she found it in herself to not only forgive him but allow Lilia to raise her kid along with her own. Honestly, she was really the bigger person in the whole ordeal. I did really like how Rudy smoothed things over though.

The things Paul and Rudy bond over, hah. xD

Goddamn, when Sylphie cried asking Rudy to not leave, my heart sank so much. Such an adorable scene, I hope they really double down on their relationship in the future. It might be the most compelling part of the show.

Hah, Rudy's reaction when the beast(fox) woman here was exactly what I expected and I had the same reaction. It had to happen sooner later.
The fight sequence between Paul and Rudy was very cool, I'm guessing Paul had to do it by force cause Rudy wouldn't listen otherwise. I'm assuming this is the so called job that Paul got for him.

I agree
mercenary work is pretty good pay if dangerous

Jan 31, 2021 9:20 AM

Dec 2010
Man, if reincarnation exist i want to re-born in a family like that, can be fun everyday (and night). XDXDXD

Anyway, another great episode.
Jan 31, 2021 9:21 AM
Oct 2016
same seiyuu, Megumi Toyoguchi

Jan 31, 2021 9:24 AM

Jun 2012
PoisonHero said:
Glordit said:

Lmao, how the hell is that ambiguous? It's explicitly clear that it's rape. How are you comprehending "forced attack" as anything but rape? You are rationalizing at this point. Even in the anime, it's made pretty clear.

Why would she willingly, want to have sex with her rapist?
Jan 31, 2021 9:25 AM

Sep 2018
What's with all the sexual assault in this show? As much as I'm – to my surprise – enjoying this anime, I can't help but feel uncomfortable by all the groping and violating. Especially the actions of that kid Roxy is teaching were unnecessary, poor girl... And what the hell is Paul teaching his kid?! Though it is quite interesting to have a morally grey parental figure.

I don't have a problem with sexuality being a main theme in this show, in fact I am enjoying how openly this show is tackling the subject. If they just toned down on the whole "boys will be boys" -mentality I could easily see myself giving this show a 9. I guess only time will tell.
Jan 31, 2021 9:25 AM

Jan 2014
phantomfandom said:
I'm wondering if Paul did something to Roxy too. He's so promiscuity, my punishment for him is to have him take up a dick in his ass, my dick specifically.
Paul is a proud member of big chest club so rest assured no such thing happened :D
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is Season 2, Part 1 as good as Season 1?

GoatPieceLuffy - 3 hours ago

7 by Hazzardous2 »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

466 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Yesterday, 9:08 AM

» Is Mushoku Tensei one of best isekai anime so far ?

ISeeLifePeople - Jul 20, 2023

45 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Yesterday, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

335 by Remurst »»
Apr 10, 1:56 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2021

295 by wbergie »»
Apr 8, 2:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.