Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu: Souda, Baikoku shiyou' Gets TV Anime

New
Jan 31, 2021 3:07 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The GA Fes 2021 announced a television anime adaptation of Tooru Toba's Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu: Souda, Baikoku shiyou (The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt (Hey, How About Treason?)) light novel on Sunday. SB Creative opened an official website, revealing a key visual (pictured).

Voice actor Souma Saitou (Yuukoku no Moriarty) is starring as the protagonist Wein.

Synopsis
It ain't easy being a genius...

Prince Wein is ready to commit treason. And who can blame him? Faced with the impossible task of ruling his pathetic little kingdom, this poor guy just can't catch a break! But with his brilliant idea of auctioning off his country, this lazy prince should be able to retire once and for all. Or that was the plan...until his treasonous schemes lead to disastrous consequences-namely, accidental victories and the favor of his people! (Source: Yen Press)

Toba began writing the comedy fantasy light novel under the GA Bunko label in May 2018, featuring illustrations by Fal Maro. SB Creative published the eighth volume on November 12. The light novel reached a cumulative circulation of 250,000 copies with the release of the sixth volume on February 14.

Square Enix's Manga UP! web magazine began serializing a manga adaptation by Emuda last October. The second volume shipped on November 7.

Yen Press licensed the light novel in English last February and released the first volume in September that year. The fifth volume shipped on December 15.

Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu: Souda, Baikoku shiyou placed fourth in the New Works category in the 2019 Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! rankings.

Official site: https://tensaiouji-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @tensaiouji_PR

Source: GA Bunko official Twitter

Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu on MAL
VindstotJan 31, 2021 7:13 PM

Jan 31, 2021 3:11 AM

Feb 2016
Wein's face looks really different

Finally the adaptation of one of the LNs I really enjoy. I hope they don't rush the anime now
Jan 31, 2021 3:18 AM

Oct 2017
Wait this is a comedy anime? Still interesting thou.
Jan 31, 2021 3:30 AM

Jul 2019
It's honestly funny seeing the anime industry's attention focusing on fantasy light novel adaptations, then seeing people get really upset about it.

I am guessing this will suck but it will be a good laugh, directly and indirectly. Will watch this.
Jan 31, 2021 4:28 AM

Sep 2016
More fantasy is always good.

Can't wait for someone down in the comment calling this isekai and that they're sick of them, even though this is just normal fantasy lol.
bruh
Jan 31, 2021 4:51 AM

Jul 2017
Liked the manga, the MC is funny af at times, glad to see an adaptation
Jan 31, 2021 6:58 AM
May 2016
Looks interesting, Is this harem?
Jan 31, 2021 11:42 AM

Sep 2020
I might try to read this first see if I like it.
Jan 31, 2021 4:18 PM
Jan 2015
ninka22 said:
Looks interesting, Is this harem?

English LN reader here. There's 2-3 love interests that have appeared so far (five volumes translated as of December 2020, though I haven't read the fifth one yet). The romance stuff is barely present and is basically background fluff at this point in the story, though there are rare moments where the girls' feelings for the MC are either briefly touched on or are part of a comedic moment. The plot and the comedy are the main focuses of the story.
Feb 1, 2021 9:09 AM
Sep 2020
Love how the logo looks suspiciously like Konosuba's.
Feb 1, 2021 9:12 AM

Jul 2019
Too anxious to watch this anime.
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Mar 10, 2021 3:42 PM

Aug 2018
I hear in this LN there's romance between the genius prince and his faithful "commoner" ally/subject. Is that true? If so, why didn't they add the romance tag since it's included in the LN?

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/genius-princes-national-revitalization-from-state-deficit-right-let-us-sell-the-country/
Fukuzatsuna_NazoMar 10, 2021 3:46 PM
Jul 11, 2021 10:53 PM
Jul 2020
wow just how, how is this getting adapted

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
2 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.