Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 30, 2021 11:29 AM

Apr 2019
Kubs-sama said:
Swagarot said:
Another rushed ep, honestly each ep i watch the lower the score gets
its a 5/10 now we'll see how low it can get.
i don't think i'll drop this because i want to see just how rushed it gets.

Dunno man feels like you’re here to grade a paper not watch an anime
No, he's right. Though it is rushed, the fault doesn't lie in the anime. The manga is exactly like this too.

Jan 30, 2021 11:35 AM
Mar 2017
pint said:
Kubs-sama said:

Dunno man feels like you’re here to grade a paper not watch an anime
No, he's right. Though it is rushed, the fault doesn't lie in the anime. The manga is exactly like this too.

LMAO, no. The fault lies with the anime. Literally every episodes skips like 1 chapter at least. While some even skip 2 chapters. And some pretty important moments imo.
Jan 30, 2021 11:41 AM

May 2017
I am really puzzled by some responses here. I get that people are bummed that some scenes and maybe whole chapters are cut for the adaption. Doesn't this kind of happen all the time in other series if it is not planned to have 900 episode monster and get the story done in a reasonable time?

Also, people being agitated that the story feels rushed maybe just want something different from the series that it just won't provide. This is not a series about "will they, won't they" but about people finding together in certain ways.
Jan 30, 2021 11:43 AM
Mar 2017
Swagarot said:
MGrid said:
How was it random in any way, And saying its convenient, is even a dumber take from you. Its literally an obvious situation based on how little we see her parents at home. Miyamura is literally there most of the time and they are never there. Hori having to be alone while being sick is clearly logical based on everything we know. Its beyond me, how someone would say this is convenient, after watching the show.

the whole confession was random, there was nothing to lead up to it this early, and that by chance he was informed she felt sick, but i don't mind that part that much, that pacing and the confession are the main things that ruin this.

The rushing part is the problem. When you skip a chapter every ep, ofc it would feel like the pacing is off. Especially with a series like Horimiya, where the manga itself is kinda fast paced. The confession was just something that happend on the spur of the moment. Which is perfectly realistic. Their relationship already has proggressed far enough for it to happen.
Jan 30, 2021 12:03 PM

Mar 2020
Pretty quick, out of nowhere confession done by Miyamura in the fourth episode. I thought it would show up in the sixth or seventh episode.
Jan 30, 2021 12:06 PM

Jun 2019
I really enjoyed this episode. From the student council room shenanigans, to seeing Miyamura’s old friend, to his confession to Hori, I was enjoying it all. I do feel like the pace is too fast though. We are on episode 4, the characters are in their senior year and Miyamura has already confessed. I hope that the pace slows down some so we can see more of the two in this stage of their relationship before moving on.
Jan 30, 2021 12:06 PM
Jun 2020
Ringare said:
This is really bad for studying they are wandering around too much, Miyamura wearing piercings is very bad, he wont be able to get a suitable job like this. The confession scene felt weird, also pretty ashame that Hori doesnt try to study more while she's sick, work is more important than catching a cold. I had a fever too back in 2007 but it was because I fell sick out of fear after surviving an assassination attempt in an italian restaurant with my ex wife, I still managed to work at hospital.
I dont appreciate how everyone is being lazy in this anime, very bad example.

You’re joking right?
Jan 30, 2021 12:08 PM

Dec 2016
What a bold move confessing to Hori while she's sick >w>; Great episode and I can't wait to watch more :D

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 30, 2021 12:09 PM
Sep 2019
Everyone going on about how this is rushed and all, but if you took the time to read the manga, you’d know that the manga itself is quite fast paced. They’ve skipped over a few things, but the key points are still there. We can surely do without what we’ve missed. And honestly, the pacing is really fitting for the amount of things they can work with from the manga. The focus of the story deviates from Hori and Miyamura halfway through the manga and more attention is placed on the side characters whereas the two barely appear.
Jan 30, 2021 12:14 PM
Jun 2020
MGrid said:
pint said:

LMAO, no. The fault lies with the anime. Literally every episodes skips like 1 chapter at least. While some even skip 2 chapters. And some pretty important moments imo.

You know every romance anime the couples are pretty obvious by episode 2 and this is no different they just didn’t drag it out I as a non manga reader feel it’s moving well And I’m enjoying this non competitive romance
Jan 30, 2021 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
this episode was pretty wholesome, hori-san is so cute when she's sick. also miyamura just casually confessing lmao.
Jan 30, 2021 12:20 PM
Sep 2017
Xenocrisi said:
The drama about the fever was quite random and dumb lol

Otherwise, okay episode. And what the fuck that confession lmao

The fever drama isn't dumb and builds on our pre-established notion of Hori's responsibilities. Basically her parental role in the absence of her actual parents. So simple moments where normal kids get protected and pampered by their parents like in sickness are foreign to Hori. Because of this, she ends up desperate for that type of moment, a moment where someone helps her in that simple time of need. So seeing Miyamura do it made her desperate to make it stay that way.
Jan 30, 2021 12:23 PM

Mar 2017
So glad to see Shindo here, one of my faves! I didn’t expect him to have orange hair though so I’ll have to get used to that.

Imo the pacing is fine. Horimiya was never really about slowly developing the romance, but more about these teenagers living their school lives, with Hori and Miyamura being the two main characters who happen to help the other a lot in several ways, which then happens to become romantic. So honestly, I’m pretty happy with the anime so far and how it’s being done.
Jan 30, 2021 12:25 PM
Sep 2017
Stanlj said:
Everyone going on about how this is rushed and all, but if you took the time to read the manga, you’d know that the manga itself is quite fast paced. They’ve skipped over a few things, but the key points are still there. We can surely do without what we’ve missed. And honestly, the pacing is really fitting for the amount of things they can work with from the manga. The focus of the story deviates from Hori and Miyamura halfway through the manga and more attention is placed on the side characters whereas the two barely appear.

I would probably say it's not rushed but maybe skipping too much. Some of the chapters they skipped may seem like fluff but matter to the characterization of the main leads and development of their romance. So the romance feels a bit more justified in the manga. Currently, the anime's few home interactions and implied interactions don't fully justify their love for each other.
Jan 30, 2021 12:30 PM

Dec 2016
Ringare said:
This is really bad for studying they are wandering around too much, Miyamura wearing piercings is very bad, he wont be able to get a suitable job like this. The confession scene felt weird, also pretty ashame that Hori doesnt try to study more while she's sick, work is more important than catching a cold. I had a fever too back in 2007 but it was because I fell sick out of fear after surviving an assassination attempt in an italian restaurant with my ex wife, I still managed to work at hospital.
I dont appreciate how everyone is being lazy in this anime, very bad example.

Personal life aside, just because you are hardworking doesn't mean everyone should do the same :/ Of course, working hard is important, but it's twice more important to take care of ourselves first. When someone gets sick they shouldn't push themselves so hard and take it easy. And please don't judge someone by it's appearance cuz it doen't mean anything, unless it has a different meaning in your country? Please think first before saying stuff like that.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 30, 2021 12:33 PM
Feb 2015
I personally like when its fast paced and i don't have to watch bs for 10 seasons till something happens between the MCs.
Jan 30, 2021 12:33 PM
Aug 2018
Pretty good episode. However i still don't get why they´re skipping regular chapters of the manga and jump to chapter 5 to chapter 47...just an example that is. Nonetheless, i loved the way this episode was designed, seems like the voice actors are having fun voicing them.
Jan 30, 2021 12:43 PM

Aug 2008
Ah I just love this show so much. They can't do wrong in my eyes. This still is familiar from the OVA but the art is to pretty and it's so funny to see how differently Miyamura behaves with his friend from middle school (blanking the name right now). They must be really good friends. :)
Jan 30, 2021 12:48 PM
Jul 2020
Hehe next episode will be littty asf cant wait to see horis decision.
Jan 30, 2021 12:48 PM

Jul 2019
MGrid said:
Swagarot said:

the whole confession was random, there was nothing to lead up to it this early, and that by chance he was informed she felt sick, but i don't mind that part that much, that pacing and the confession are the main things that ruin this.

The rushing part is the problem. When you skip a chapter every ep, ofc it would feel like the pacing is off. Especially with a series like Horimiya, where the manga itself is kinda fast paced. The confession was just something that happend on the spur of the moment. Which is perfectly realistic. Their relationship already has proggressed far enough for it to happen.

"Their relationship already has proggressed far enough for it to happen" in the manga maybe but the anime is just too fast.
Jan 30, 2021 12:55 PM

Feb 2014
The feelings are getting there slow and steady with the comfy vibes. Miyamura's life changing friend Shindo is here now. Can't wait to see more of him. Also Iura when?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 30, 2021 12:59 PM

Mar 2019
PurpleGirl203 said:

Personal life aside, just because you are hardworking doesn't mean everyone should do the same :/ Of course, working hard is important, but it's twice more important to take care of ourselves first. When someone gets sick they shouldn't push themselves so hard and take it easy. And please don't judge someone by it's appearance cuz it doen't mean anything, unless it has a different meaning in your country? Please think first before saying stuff like that.

People should work hard thats a fact, being sick for a moment can get you into trouble for the rest of your life it is why people must work hard everyday. It is very common in Japan and Im ashamed that people arent sharing this mentality,I once got angry at a yellow vest protest back in France 2 years ago and people threw rocks at me because I said protesting instead of working was stupid. When I got gastroenteritis around the same period of time I installed a provisory desk in my toilets with a pc to not loose my time, its only about determination, everyone can do it. Im not judging by appearance Im judging by facts, they are fictionnal characters there is no need to think about what I say, they wont get offended.
Jan 30, 2021 1:06 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
Ringare said:
People should work hard thats a fact, being sick for a moment can get you into trouble for the rest of your life it is why people must work hard everyday. It is very common in Japan and Im ashamed that people arent sharing this mentality,I once got angry at a yellow vest protest back in France 2 years ago and people threw rocks at me because I said protesting instead of working was stupid. When I got gastroenteritis around the same period of time I installed a provisory desk in my toilets with a pc to not loose my time, its only about determination, everyone can do it. Im not judging by appearance Im judging by facts, they are fictionnal characters there is no need to think about what I say, they wont get offended.

Please don't push your corporate slave mentality on the rest of us. I for one wonder if one of those rocks hit you in the head and did a little brain damage. Haven't you noticed that France has a better GDP per capita than Japan while maintaining a much more laid-back work culture?
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Jan 30, 2021 1:25 PM

Jan 2015
JadentheAnimeguy said:
Xenocrisi said:
The drama about the fever was quite random and dumb lol

Otherwise, okay episode. And what the fuck that confession lmao

The fever drama isn't dumb and builds on our pre-established notion of Hori's responsibilities. Basically her parental role in the absence of her actual parents. So simple moments where normal kids get protected and pampered by their parents like in sickness are foreign to Hori. Because of this, she ends up desperate for that type of moment, a moment where someone helps her in that simple time of need. So seeing Miyamura do it made her desperate to make it stay that way.

It won’t change the fact that I’m not a fan of how that scene was handled
Jan 30, 2021 1:32 PM
Sep 2017
Xenocrisi said:
JadentheAnimeguy said:

It won’t change the fact that I’m not a fan of how that scene was handled

That's fine but disliking the handling of the scene and calling it dumb despite their being meaning behind it are two different things.
Jan 30, 2021 1:37 PM

Apr 2020
Sengoku harem! That tounge color changeling scene was oddly relatable. The student council room misunderstanding was very fun to watch, and all the Hori being sick scenes were good. I like that we were given more backstory to both the characters. I used to be the class outcast and I think that's one of the reasons I'm in love with this show.
"Anime is trash... and so am I"

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 30, 2021 1:52 PM

Feb 2007
Brilliant logic why you can't have a cold there, Hori-san... :D

And Miyamura just casually slipping a confession between all the usual cold advice. :D

Ah, it's been too long since I read this...
Jan 30, 2021 2:01 PM

Sep 2017
Random confession coming out of no where. Would definitely liked to see more build up. The journey is really where it lies. Apparently the series will shift away to side characters when the main couple is set up anyway. Cool I guess, but if I just wanted to watch cute couples be cute Tsurezure children has me covered.
Jan 30, 2021 2:15 PM

Feb 2020
god damn why is this anime so freaking good

Kyoto Animation rocks
Jan 30, 2021 2:20 PM
Dec 2018
A confession out of nowhere while in fever... how romantic.

Dropped: 2/10 (full review)

You guys have fun deciding which boy has the prettiest tongue.
skysurfJan 30, 2021 6:05 PM
Latest reviews: Mushoku Tensei P2 🤮 • Meikyuu Black Company 💰 • Tsukimichi 🌙
Jan 30, 2021 2:25 PM

Sep 2019
me watching the whole episode be like:
JUST GET MARRY ALREADY YOU TWO

"俺は海賊王になる男だ!!!"
Jan 30, 2021 2:34 PM

May 2018
Miyamura should tell Shindou that he's grateful for him haha

and wowee we get a kind of second confession between Hori and Miya already ;O
Jan 30, 2021 3:04 PM

Aug 2015
With Miyamura confessing just like that, I think it might be Hori hallucinating? Or chad Miyamura really just did a pro gamer move?

We'll find out whenever we do though!
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Jan 30, 2021 3:06 PM

Mar 2016
Marcus5768 said:
At the pace it's going looks like new Episode Kyousuke will make an appearance and looks Chapter 37 will be sooner rather than later

I'm guessing 3 more episodes, if they still skipping stuff.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jan 30, 2021 3:35 PM

Jul 2017
Episode was rushed again, but not as badly as the previous ones for me since the structure didn't feel as jumpy as previous episodes. I feel like the dialogue and emotions in the fever scene could have been handled even better if the episodes and content were structured better prior but I still liked that segment a lot nonetheless. The anime might be a really flawed and sort of disappointing adaptation of the early manga material, but Hori and Miyamura when written and adapted comptenetly are still so damn nice together for me.
Jan 30, 2021 3:57 PM

Apr 2018
He really do be slipping in a confession like that lmao. Also her inner monologue reply...
Jan 30, 2021 3:58 PM

Sep 2020
Oh man I really like Toru and Sakura together, hoping to see more of that in the future ^_^ I really liked this episode, seeing all these characters together in the student council room was fun. Miyamura lightly confessing again was fine, I realize its quite fast, but maybe we should champion people who are honest and speak their minds instead of just attacking all the time.

Another option for those who don't like the pacing here (trust me I understand that), just go read the manga and catch those chapters they've decided to skip over, could be fun for you.

Episode 4 = 4/5
Jan 30, 2021 4:04 PM

May 2019
How lamer can their relationship get? I don't know if I needed to find this interaction cute.

H: (I guess he's okay with taking his shirt off)
H: "Hey Miyamura show me your tattoos"
M: "okay" *proceeds to show his tattoos*
H: "WHY ARE YOU TAKING YOUR SHIRT OFF?!!"
H: (Why doesn't he ever get flustered T_T)
M: "But I get flustered when my friend mistook you as my girlfriend ehehe"
H: "I don't really mind"

I'm more surprised at the fact that he had a friend (a very nosey one at that) AND he kept in touch with him after middle school. And the last episode was about him being a total loner.

Aaaaand now she's sick. Time to bond during this special time because it's the only time a FiErCe girl like Hori can show her vulnerable side and say words without getting them through her tsundere filter. Plus a random confession. I'm too old for this much originality...

I kinda like Ishikawa and the others but since the main focus is this very generic couple with S&M tendencies and an obvious lack of chemistry, I guess I'll just drop this one.

People who enjoy it, have fun.
bluninjaJan 30, 2021 4:07 PM
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Jan 30, 2021 4:11 PM

Jan 2018
Swagarot said:
MGrid said:

"Their relationship already has proggressed far enough for it to happen" in the manga maybe but the anime is just too fast.

This happens in chapter 20. Each episode is adapting 3-4 chapters, with some skipped, which is pretty normal for this type of thing. Sometimes 12-20 pages can fill about 5 minutes of an anime, sometimes more, depending on the content. Horimiya is not exactly on the verbose side of manga.
Jan 30, 2021 4:29 PM
Apr 2020
Looks like Toru and Sakura will be a couple, seems like Sakura is interested in Toru.

Good to know that there's someone that made Izumi's middle school experience kinda manageable, and they're still good friends up to now.

You don't need a lot of people around just to make you happy, one is more than enough. And now, it's Kyouko... and actually a lot.

Izumi is really good at reading Kyouko, and he realized his feelings and finally confessed. OMG!

This is getting more fascinating! I don't find this being rushed. I liked it because it's not beating around the bush, which is realistic. But, if Kyouko will pretend not to hear that, that's ironic. lol

Ao_SkyJan 30, 2021 4:32 PM
Jan 30, 2021 4:50 PM

Apr 2015
The first half was pretty hilarious with the whole missunderstanding of "Hori screwed me" and the soda can. Sakura, the new girl introduced this episode, made it clear to Ishikawa that it was about the soda. I can see a ship forming here.

Shindou looks like a great guy, he was there for Miyamura in middle school and had a big impact on him. Their friendship is really relatable.

Oh my, we already have a confession. Definitely not lightning speed, but for sure didn't expect it to happen this soon. I loved Hori's reaction to the confession. I do feel bad that Miyamura picked the moment that Hori was sick in bed, She can now pretend she never heard him say that and let her stall the inevitable. I do expect to see a change in her behaviour for the coming episodes though, gonna be difficult to look at Miyamura with that confession lurking in the back of her head.
Jan 30, 2021 4:54 PM

Sep 2020
Wow, how I love this anime!
I really missed this kind of cuteness recently.
Jan 30, 2021 5:15 PM

Jan 2018
Ringare said:
PurpleGirl203 said:

You working while watching anime? Because you could be working, instead of watching anime, lol.
Jan 30, 2021 5:19 PM

Jun 2020
I think this is my favourite episode yet, they may have skipped some stuff but the humour translated really well!! The tongue scene was SO cute. It’s the start of their beautiful friendship, cues Ishikawa’s weird dreams!!!!! Lolol Ishikawa was hilarious. I love him. Yay to more Sengoku too! Glad they also included that short bit of Shuu lending Ishikawa the CD hehe

And Shindo appears! Really love their back stories, they were adapted perfectly. Tone-wise this adaptation nails it.

Can’t wait for the next episode already!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jan 30, 2021 5:35 PM

Oct 2017
IMustBeNumb said:
This episode is exactly what i needed
lol my exact reaction
Jan 30, 2021 5:37 PM

Mar 2019
Love this show! ^.^
Jan 30, 2021 5:37 PM

Oct 2019
Basiccake said:
IMustBeNumb said:
This episode is exactly what i needed
lol my exact reaction

Ah, i see ur a man of culture as well
Jan 30, 2021 6:00 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
The way I just shorted several circuits for that confession. I never thought he had it in him. But also, honestly her reaction is my reaction. Maybe that fever is causing hallucinations
Jan 30, 2021 6:52 PM
May 2019
it was great, like usual. funny, like usual. the confession scene was unexpected but i liked how it went, and how the episode ended with hori's reaction. shindou's a funny and likeable character. the flashback scenes were also pretty good. great episode.
Jan 30, 2021 6:55 PM

Oct 2012
Swagarot said:

No, it wasn't random, and we already have one in the last episode (albeit they botched the order of things switching cause and reaction the last time). Now, he said it exactly because he noticed she needs it the most in the moment... in fact, he's actually very empathetic and caring type inside. She thought he would leave her after the school is over (exactly hinted several times in the previous episodes). Also, the way he does things, just saying whatever he feels right away, without any blushing is pretty much normal for him. In fact, if you say something so sincere in such way, like it was a normal thing, not agonizing about it, any girl would be head over heels for you. He said it exactly because he wanted to assure her he's not going anywhere.
Also, his middle-school friend was another catalyst for him to do that.

Just because there is overdone anime trope and unwritten rule that says the kiss and confession has to happen in the last episode doesn't mean that every series has to be this way. This is different kind of series. So it's probably your expectations that are off.

The only thing that was bit forced was her father gone/have to be strong complex with what she said after (yes, it was clearly writing shortcut) but than again people with temperature over 38C stops thinking straight so I can turn blind eye on that pretending she just had some bad fever thoughts, linking her lost father figure to him, together with her fear she'll lose him one day.
Mich666Jan 30, 2021 7:13 PM
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Dominik_Fark - Jan 16, 2021

241 by whitebeartigtig »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dominik_Fark - Jan 9, 2021

494 by whitebeartigtig »»
34 minutes ago

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2021

215 by mykokorobeats4u »»
Mar 28, 1:31 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

405 by malfathhw »»
Mar 27, 11:01 AM

» To all the people hating on Horimiya ( 1 2 3 4 )

GoshaX - Mar 19, 2021

194 by GoshaX »»
Feb 20, 7:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.