Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 22, 2021 11:07 AM
Mar 2021
gotta agree, season 3 of LH is a far cry from previous 2 seasons. going by comments on new eps, it is just now getting into some type of watchable action. but for me, it's too little too late season is almost over
Mar 22, 2021 11:17 AM
Mar 2021
Damuzen said:
Oh no, an isekai that's actually clever and that deals with politics and economics instead of having a kirito-like MC who's overpowered and who's gathering preys for his harem
lol that's funny you said that because Shiroe is the very definition of OP and lowkey gathering prey for his harem, as you stated
Mar 23, 2021 9:38 PM
Jan 2021
I mean the reason I like Log Horizon is because it had politics and characters have their problems and the Slice of life is nice considering I like every character and when their was action I like the strategy but that is it with fighting I am much more interested in how they make this situation they are in work besides you must hate every character besides Shiroe and Krusty
Mar 23, 2021 9:41 PM

Oct 2013
I was an early commenter on this thread and thought I'd give my thoughts now that we are further in to ep 10 at this time of writing.

I saw someone else comment about how the last episode seems promising and couldn't help but laugh that just now in episode 10, people are finally thinking this season is PROMISING! Heh!

So thought about it and came up with this....
Thats like when you go on a first date (season1) it was fun and interesting, second date (S2) ok not as great but still good and want a 3rd date (S3). But then they ghost you for 10 years only to one day send a drunk text asking if you wanna rekindle the magic and sorry it took so long to get back to you. You fall for it but instead of a whimsical 3rd date, you just get sloppy booty call sex that isn't even that good until your just about to nut and all you can think about mere seconds before you do is this could be PROMISING.....then it's over!

Mar 24, 2021 5:49 PM
Jul 2016
I am not to giving a detailed explanation of why I disliked this season as the reason is very simple. I loved seasons 1 and 2 and expected the same from season 3. The fact that I couldn't force myself to complete the first episode left me disappointed.

I tried to watch the first episode and dropped it 75% through. I then deleted the second through eleventh episodes that I had auto downloaded and left this little comment.

I tried reading it but stopped when I saw all the negativity on the first page.
Mar 25, 2021 9:52 AM
Feb 2020
I guess its you maybe because you don't enjoy political story in an anime.

I, on the other hand, am very much enjoying the anime more-so because the politics is making this anime better than regular adventure isekai animes. I enjoy tactics & once in a while politics in animes.

This is just another beauty of isekai animes that anything and everything is possible in the story.
Mar 28, 2021 6:38 AM

Aug 2013
if anyone who watched the original while it aired and watched this season, they'd be bored out of their minds, Season 1 was in 2013, Season 2 2015, and Season 3 in 2021, the hell? who's gonna remember anything? They didnt even bother to make a recap episode, if you say rewatch it all, no screw that thats 50 episodes worth of stuff, takes a while for people who are busy.

Also from what little I remember instead of interesting adventures and MC doing interesting things with tactics and stuff, we are just thrown into game politics, its boring. All the Americans probably love this shit but most others dont, thats why its doing badly in sales and ratings everywhere lol.

Stop comparing it to SAO, there's nothing remotely similar to that other than it both being in a game setting.

If you think Log Horizon is unique because it doesnt focus on battles but politics, thats been done over 100 times already and those isekai do it better since they arent confined by game logic
Freestyle80Mar 28, 2021 6:43 AM
Mar 28, 2021 11:17 AM

Feb 2012
Tbeyre re draging it. The 1st part of story is all politics.
So ofcourse it will bore some of us.
0_0
But hey the next part of atory is better ^_^ raid time.
And im glad im still followong this.
i wish and dream for the Future where everyone i care can Smile happily from their heart. But no matter where i look. how ever i see... there s no me. im not there. Just like that.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 31, 2021 8:41 PM
Nov 2017
charliechuckle said:
zerokarasu said:
"-It was another Sword Art Online with a twist" this alone already explain everything,it should be "it is how sao should be",log horizon boring because it is not sao? it is not shiroe being op cool 1 hit everything with A1 budget animation and with mary sue heroine asuna?? it is not because everything is only about kirito/shiroe alone doing everything in the "isekai/game" world??

u know why MMORPG is loved by many but not for everyone? well just look at log horizon,thats what MMORPG is,u like it or not it have politics(guild,kingdom,faction etc) and then economy(from simple food to everything else),now its not "just a game" anymore,but real full fantasy world,with full real ppl,that "politics,economy etc" its slightly if not more complicated,whether they like it or not,they have to deal with it.

I don't care for the Mary Sue or instantly overpowered characters too. I didn't think Kirito (or whatever the main character from SAO) was overpowered from the start. Maybe you have never played old school MMORPG's from that time period. Everquest 1999 was like that, where the first person to 60 was nuts overpowered. I remember being part of an official Variant tournament and getting first place PvP player in the whole server. The company before Variant sold EQ to the Sony Corporation that ruined EQ. World of Warcraft came afterwards and they removed the ability for one player to become overpowered. They made everything soft core, removed penalties for dying, and made all high end gear extremely common and easy to get.

Accusing SAO of abusing overpowered Mary Sue characters while ignoring the fact that he grinded harder than anyone in the entire universe to level up faster and got ultra rare items that nobody else could obtain. This type of thinking is absurd! This is literally what I did on a new server on Everquest back in 1999. Had best gear in the game from rare spawn world bosses and could literally solo entire raids & guilds. You just can't relate...

However, LH is guilty of the same OP themes too. Why didn't they get all their levels reset? How are they not Mary Sue, instantly given max levels with best items and mounts in game? Isn't that the definition of Mary Sue Overpowered characters? They practically started in their new universe as Gods, or the most powerful beings in their immediate locations. From the very beginning of the LH within the first 5 minutes, they reveal the main character (of LH) has an item that no other character in the universe could possibly have. Over powered as fuck! Mary Sued for no reason at all. I'd claim that Log Horizon is more guilty of having Over Powered Mary Sue characters, because they instantly started the new universe with God abilities that nobody else could obtain. In addition, they don't seem to be working hard. They don't make sacrifices to get power. They just instantly get everything for free. It's basically every Mary Sue's backstory.

EDIT: When I played MMORPG's, I didn't spend majority of my time doing tradeskills, or doing politics. I spent most of my time adventuring, dungeon crawling, and getting better gear/drops. What game did you play where you spent less time fighting and more time as a politician?

hahaha "TYPICAL CAREBEAR IN MMORPG THAT CRYING IN WORLD CHAT ALL YEAR AFTER GOT REKTED IN PVP AREA".
your EDIT comment already show who you are lol...

Here a WORD for you : "OBTAINING A SUPER RARE ITEM NOBODY CAN GET " its already STINK of MARY SUE !!!
in mmorpg everyone have the chance to get the same item, except a poor carebear like YOU !

hahahaha

but yeah this season is really boring with the forced stupid kid lvling n raid and bad pacing/story telling of what happen to crusty.
Apr 2, 2021 1:16 AM
Jul 2018
[quote=charliechuckle message=61821692]
Zoruf said:

MMORPG
You guys like the politics of MMO's. Which MMO has politics as their main selling point? I've never heard of it.

WoW, FF XIV, GW 2, TESO...
Apr 2, 2021 3:15 PM
Feb 2021
Honestly season 1 of log horizon was actually gud and then season 2 I got bored Bc of the pacing was slowed but I still finished it and then back in October I was kinda hyped Bc of season 3 but now that I finished it today i was little disappointed Bc shiroe does do nothing except talk this whole entire season u didn’t even seen him battle at all and also I though there were goin to do the moon but the forgot about that and I also thought roe2 was goin to appear in s3 but she didn’t
Apr 4, 2021 5:11 PM

Mar 2019
For me it feels like we lacked alot of development. When are we logging? Can they connect the world's? Krusty and Kanami were almost filler. Roe2 was an only mentioned.
Plus.. we never had enough Marielle and Akatsuki.
Shiroe you let us down almost as bad as you let down Minori.
Vanilla
Apr 4, 2021 7:42 PM
Mar 2009
I will say for me it´s not boring sure season 3 lacked allot compared to the first 2 but it still held up decently and at least Log Horizone did not straight up turned in to a damn Harem anime with loads of nonsense dram like Sword art did.

The reason I love this series is becuse Sword art failed me that anime started out great but threw out all of it´s potential out the window.

Log Horizon has kept to what it wanted to be political drama in an mmo world trying to find out what and why and it does not try to change genre mid season or suddenly change it strong female leads in to damsel in distress just becuse the hell of it.

But if you find it boring maybe it´s just as simple as that it´s not an anime for you.
Apr 5, 2021 3:37 AM
May 2019
charliechuckle said:
zerokarasu said:
"-It was another Sword Art Online with a twist" this alone already explain everything,it should be "it is how sao should be",log horizon boring because it is not sao? it is not shiroe being op cool 1 hit everything with A1 budget animation and with mary sue heroine asuna?? it is not because everything is only about kirito/shiroe alone doing everything in the "isekai/game" world??

u know why MMORPG is loved by many but not for everyone? well just look at log horizon,thats what MMORPG is,u like it or not it have politics(guild,kingdom,faction etc) and then economy(from simple food to everything else),now its not "just a game" anymore,but real full fantasy world,with full real ppl,that "politics,economy etc" its slightly if not more complicated,whether they like it or not,they have to deal with it.

I don't care for the Mary Sue or instantly overpowered characters too. I didn't think Kirito (or whatever the main character from SAO) was overpowered from the start. Maybe you have never played old school MMORPG's from that time period. Everquest 1999 was like that, where the first person to 60 was nuts overpowered. I remember being part of an official Variant tournament and getting first place PvP player in the whole server. The company before Variant sold EQ to the Sony Corporation that ruined EQ. World of Warcraft came afterwards and they removed the ability for one player to become overpowered. They made everything soft core, removed penalties for dying, and made all high end gear extremely common and easy to get.

Accusing SAO of abusing overpowered Mary Sue characters while ignoring the fact that he grinded harder than anyone in the entire universe to level up faster and got ultra rare items that nobody else could obtain. This type of thinking is absurd! This is literally what I did on a new server on Everquest back in 1999. Had best gear in the game from rare spawn world bosses and could literally solo entire raids & guilds. You just can't relate...

However, LH is guilty of the same OP themes too. Why didn't they get all their levels reset? How are they not Mary Sue, instantly given max levels with best items and mounts in game? Isn't that the definition of Mary Sue Overpowered characters? They practically started in their new universe as Gods, or the most powerful beings in their immediate locations. From the very beginning of the LH within the first 5 minutes, they reveal the main character (of LH) has an item that no other character in the universe could possibly have. Over powered as fuck! Mary Sued for no reason at all. I'd claim that Log Horizon is more guilty of having Over Powered Mary Sue characters, because they instantly started the new universe with God abilities that nobody else could obtain. In addition, they don't seem to be working hard. They don't make sacrifices to get power. They just instantly get everything for free. It's basically every Mary Sue's backstory.

EDIT: When I played MMORPG's, I didn't spend majority of my time doing tradeskills, or doing politics. I spent most of my time adventuring, dungeon crawling, and getting better gear/drops. What game did you play where you spent less time fighting and more time as a politician?

You're so full of shit, it's insane. You're probably 14-16 at best, searched up old MMOs and decided to bullshit your entire character. I'll just make this extremely concise since I don't want to waste my time.

Kirito is a dog shit character who's also just the epitome of plot armor. The dude killed a God through the "power of friendship" for fuck's sake.

No, Clans/Guilds were always just politics unless you were in a casual friend group.

No, LH isn't as stupid as SAO. They're all veteran players, that's the entire point and it's very well explained. As someone who claims to be a veteran himself, you sure as hell can't tell apart actual MMORPG mechanics to anime bullshittery. Either you're dumb or haven't watched the show at all.

I get it though, your teenager angst won't let you accept the fact that you're too young to have done any of those things or that you've actually never experienced MMORPGs. Maybe it's time to stop lying to yourself :)
RedomicApr 5, 2021 3:41 AM
Apr 5, 2021 7:15 PM

Jan 2013
This was the worst season of Log Horizon. It was as boring as Re Zero.
Apr 5, 2021 8:18 PM
Nov 2020
What even the point of making this thread? Rant about the LH season 3 and compare it to SAO. From that point only I see that's really different and no correlation. Smh.
Apr 7, 2021 2:52 AM

Jul 2017
Iknow this arc is so boring but ill give 9/10 for support rating anime.I like the story because its about MMORPG games actually not the politic.... And i hope there is a 4S.
Apr 8, 2021 12:00 AM

Mar 2019
I just finished watching it - all episodes in a row - to say that I was really expecting this season, and I am a bit disappointed. What I like in LH is a subtile mix of politics, dungeons, game, with one of the most realistic gameplay's explainations in anime (there is the Chinese's King's Avatar which is also great).

I have always disliked the "younger generation" of characters though, apart from Izuzu and Rudy, because most of them have very annoying voices and are uninteresting as hell.

But this season is too much unequal ; we have to wait something like ep 7 before having someone actually using a skill (the Crusty guy in China), and before that it's all about artificial political tension coming from nowhere, I mean they all agree on everything and wish Akiba's prosperity, there is absolutely no antagonism at all.

I would say that after seeing ep 7-8 and so, I was thinking "oh it's finally started, cool", but they decided to put the plot again around the younger-generation-annoying-as-hell Minori & co., and I knew at this time that things would not improve before the end of the season...

I am grateful to the studio who finally decided to give this S3 after all these years (better than nothing), but still it gave me a bitter taste in the mouth... I'm not resentful, so I will wait for S4, let's just hope it improves :p
Apr 8, 2021 11:03 PM
Feb 2020
I will comeback later when i already watch let's say 4 episode
Apr 10, 2021 3:12 AM
Feb 2020
JChow1 said:
I will comeback later when i already watch let's say 4 episode

Hello, I'm back afyer watch the entire episode so my conclusion is
Pretty enjoyable but it's true that it's little boring
I enjoy the first and last episode and a bit bored at the middle of the season
There's less action cuz of the manga maybe and the animation is pretty much not change but maybe a little downgrade and the colors feel different compare to S2
The politics thing is pretty nice but i think they can do better but i dunno how
Apr 10, 2021 9:11 AM

Jan 2014
I fell asleep several times watching this, lol
I watch it only because I already followed this anime since season 1.
Apr 11, 2021 5:41 PM
Jul 2018
Redomic said:
charliechuckle said:

You're so full of shit, it's insane. You're probably 14-16 at best, searched up old MMOs and decided to bullshit your entire character. I'll just make this extremely concise since I don't want to waste my time.

Kirito is a dog shit character who's also just the epitome of plot armor. The dude killed a God through the "power of friendship" for fuck's sake.

No, Clans/Guilds were always just politics unless you were in a casual friend group.

No, LH isn't as stupid as SAO. They're all veteran players, that's the entire point and it's very well explained. As someone who claims to be a veteran himself, you sure as hell can't tell apart actual MMORPG mechanics to anime bullshittery. Either you're dumb or haven't watched the show at all.

I get it though, your teenager angst won't let you accept the fact that you're too young to have done any of those things or that you've actually never experienced MMORPGs. Maybe it's time to stop lying to yourself :)

Look at this Dialog Horizon fans LMAO

Other guy : *giving a good argument about LH that have OP MarySue MCs
LH fans : kIrIt0 iz Sh1t!!!! S4O gAr8a9E!!!!
U mU5t B3 a K1d!!!!

KEK
Apr 19, 2021 10:02 AM

Feb 2014
I completly agree.

I couldn´t stand it and dropped after 5 episodes.

Too bad it came to this. Log Horizon season 1 was so good.
Apr 23, 2021 12:42 PM
Jun 2016
Looking at your MAL profile honestly makes me cringe. You give everything you see a 10/10. How do you expect anyone to take ANY of your opinions seriously?
Apr 27, 2021 3:12 PM

Oct 2007
Just because you are doing politics that doesn't mean it has to be boring. And why the heck did they start reading history book to me about something I don't care about. Did they forget about "Show, Don't Tell" ?

Weebston said:
Looking at your MAL profile honestly makes me cringe. You give everything you see a 10/10. How do you expect anyone to take ANY of your opinions seriously?
I think that is the most shittiest way to judge someone opinion.

The man he just want to see if he is being the only one or has gone crazy about LH S3 getting boring. There is no need for you to go out of your way to check his profile and shit on his taste.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 29, 2021 4:18 PM
Jul 2018
Log Horizon S3 and many other anime adaptation at this time and age suffers from the short episode compilation, so it's a problem because the flow Touno Mamare did for Log Horizon is more around world and story building than combat.

Season 1&2 were good and probably were hyped because Touno Mamare himself went into a thread talking about this project, and being adapted on NHK TV channel and many more stuff that are still delivering, it's probably the "boring" part of this S3 comes from the new generation of otakus that wanted straight plot without thinking much. To me S3 aged well and probably it's time to move to the LNs
May 18, 2021 2:19 PM

Oct 2008
I think the idea of agriculture, rebuilding civilization, fantasy adventuring and politics are a fresh combination. But the novelty wore off at some point. Now anime like "Shingeki no Kyoujin" and "Honzuki no Gekokujou" are the direction in which I see the most promice.

Was I bored, not especially. I think I liked this a little more than Dr. Stone s2, to be honest. With Dr. Stone I found myself feeling disappointed, while Log Horizon made me feel a sence of anticipation.
Dec 21, 2021 5:02 AM
Aug 2021
its boring because it went from cool isekai fighting mmorpg to a fucking boring political anime i droped s3 at ep3
Jan 8, 2022 5:35 AM
Apr 2014
I mostly agree with you. This season was bad. Season 2 was better but you could already notice the drop in interest from season. The scores show it too.
Basically this season is just: blablabla, slice of life, blablabla, slice of life. Who cares??
Nothing interesting ever happens, there's no plot, nothing.
The political talks are to blame but it's not because it's politics oriented that I find it boring.
Some political intrigues can be interesting and keep you on the edge of your seat and without any figting scenes. But here, it's just not interesting. At all. It was a chore to watch the episodes from this season so i dropped this show.
Jan 8, 2022 5:37 AM
Apr 2014
TenRX said:
Log Horizon S3 and many other anime adaptation at this time and age suffers from the short episode compilation, so it's a problem because the flow Touno Mamare did for Log Horizon is more around world and story building than combat.

Season 1&2 were good and probably were hyped because Touno Mamare himself went into a thread talking about this project, and being adapted on NHK TV channel and many more stuff that are still delivering, it's probably the "boring" part of this S3 comes from the new generation of otakus that wanted straight plot without thinking much. To me S3 aged well and probably it's time to move to the LNs

Also when season 1 came out, isekai animes were nowhere as abundant as they are today. Maybe that's what got so many people interested at first, it was still fresh.
Now they're extremly common, copy pasted from each other but you can get some good action scenes from them. That's why a show like LH which revolves around talking feels more boring.
Jan 12, 2022 6:28 AM
Mar 2020
blaming it on the younger cast
May 6, 2022 7:17 AM

Sep 2012
longkeykong said:
Damuzen said:
Oh no, an isekai that's actually clever and that deals with politics and economics instead of having a kirito-like MC who's overpowered and who's gathering preys for his harem
lol that's funny you said that because Shiroe is the very definition of OP and lowkey gathering prey for his harem, as you stated

he is just smart not OP

OP means hes power lvl is OP like Ainz in overlord, but Shiroe can't fight without a party, him solo he would die so not OP

OP is when char is able to solo beat enemy's with ease who have no enemy that is equal match to him or her just like Ainz that's the definition of OP
Sugram22May 6, 2022 7:29 AM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon: Entaku Houkai Episode 6 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 17, 2021

48 by argy97 »»
Apr 7, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon: Entaku Houkai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2021

149 by waldy713 »»
Nov 17, 2023 1:47 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon: Entaku Houkai Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2021

38 by waldy713 »»
Nov 17, 2023 1:35 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon: Entaku Houkai Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2021

38 by waldy713 »»
Nov 15, 2023 11:27 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon: Entaku Houkai Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2021

46 by waldy713 »»
Nov 15, 2023 10:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.