Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2021 4:32 PM

Oct 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this was pretty hard to get into the right mood for just because of the personality of the guy mc, just felt pretty annoying all throughout. The premise is nothing new and the first thing that came to mind when thinking about it was the afterlife street in Jojo Part 4, other than that it was pretty meh
Jan 24, 2021 6:43 PM

Mar 2018
The oldest (since ancient greece) and not sure how overused story ever. Except there's literally no way out, so what else is there to do? Where even did the guy end up, maybe that's the exit?
Jan 25, 2021 2:05 AM

Jan 2021
Not really impressed with this episode, especially coming on the heels of episode 2. Episode 2 made my skin crawl, this one wasn't scary.
Jan 25, 2021 2:16 AM

Jan 2011
Yeah, reminded me of Jojo Part 4 too, but it also gave me a kind of Junji feel. By which I mean how despite there being something clearly wrong here, there also seems to be a kind of acceptance of it as just being the way things are, as that sign seems to indicate people in the area are aware of this.
Jan 25, 2021 6:17 AM
Dec 2017
I agree with most of you. This episode wasn't bad, but it wasn't outstanding like the last one. Well, I guess we can't have such a high qualitity every time.
It was still a lot of fun though.
Jan 25, 2021 1:26 PM
Jun 2010
I agree, I had some high expectations after the good episode number 2, but that may be just and exception. Nevertheless, looking forward to some more nice ones.
Jan 26, 2021 7:57 PM

Aug 2013
ReaperCreeper said:
(...) gave me a kind of Junji feel. By which I mean how despite there being something clearly wrong here, there also seems to be a kind of acceptance of it as just being the way things are, as that sign seems to indicate people in the area are aware of this.

Yes! This was exactly thinking about! It's like "magic realism".
Jan 27, 2021 4:54 AM
Jun 2017
Not bad, though not particularly good either. It was just fine.
Jan 30, 2021 3:28 PM
Jul 2018
I will not say that the episode it was bad, it was very good.
Feb 1, 2021 6:35 PM

Jan 2018
This episode reminds me of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable.
Mar 19, 2021 3:58 PM

Jan 2017
Two good episodes in a row? I didn't know that was possible anymore! I think everyone here is judging this episode too harshly and trying to get me to watch Jojo
Mar 21, 2021 8:12 AM

Oct 2017
Reminds everyone of Jojo
Jul 9, 2021 4:41 PM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
Nice to see this reminding many of Jojo part 4. Interesting but predictable.
Oct 31, 2021 7:55 PM

Aug 2012
I kinda feel bad for this episode, it was never going to work for me when all I can think about is JoJo.

Beyond that, the fact that Miyako had been tricked to look back multiple times, and was in the real world so-to-speak for Takuya to meet is a bit strange. He and Yoshihiko looked back once and were immediately transported to some foggy city with like ghosts surrounding them, why was Miyako safe. Is it sexism, or will Takuya & Yoshihiko eventually find their way past that "don't look back" speech, she never explained what happened every-time she did look back.

Nov 23, 2021 4:17 PM

Apr 2012
Miyako purpose was to instill doubt and fear to make the victims fall for the trap. She's part of the trap.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Dec 28, 2021 7:25 AM

Feb 2020
Rather average episode.
Feb 21, 2022 2:37 PM

Jan 2016
Maaan this was straight up disappointing after the last episode.
Mar 18, 2023 3:56 AM

Jul 2022
Terrestrious said:
why was Miyako safe. Is it sexism

Are you fr? She is obviously another trap to lure people in.
Mar 18, 2023 11:56 PM

Aug 2012
Anhahin said:
Terrestrious said:
why was Miyako safe. Is it sexism

Are you fr? She is obviously another trap to lure people in.

Depends on what part of the quote you're referring to. The sexism comment was made in jest, I didn't think that was an actual explanation. But I did not consider that she was part of the trap when I made the post.

Being able to reflect on that framing now, if anything, I think it makes the episode worse. If Miyako exists as a creation of the street, then it's really odd that the street thinks the best way to get people to turn around is to personify an exposition dump that tries to persistently persuade the victims to not turn around. I know reverse psychology is a thing, but most people aren't going to be dissuaded by a sign, any of their more simple tricks would've worked. And Takuya was already in the "don't look back" danger zone when he found her, so she didn't bring him into the danger zone either. He didn't change paths or anything, she was just there. In this scenario, she exists as a trap not for any necessary reason in the world itself, but as a cheap narrative tool to add exposition & tension for the audience.

And obviously, if Miyako isn't a creation of the street, and the street just keeps her there as an additional trap, then it still doesn't answer my actual question of why she in particularly was giving that role. Which on that note, in hindsight the dumbest part of my original post was the assertion that Miyako was safe? Granted we don't exactly know what happens to Takuya or Yoshihiko, but arguably Miyako's situation is actually far worse than theirs assuming she's legitimately in that predicament. At least I think it is, so it's weird to see me framing it as though she got off easy when I didn't think she was apart of the street's trap.
TerrestriousMar 31, 1:48 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yami Shibai 8 Episode 2 Discussion

EGOIST - Jan 17, 2021

27 by Titadou »»
Feb 23, 3:11 AM

Poll: » Yami Shibai 8 Episode 10 Discussion

towelgirl21 - Mar 14, 2021

19 by Anhahin »»
Mar 16, 2023 11:43 AM

Poll: » Yami Shibai 8 Episode 13 Discussion

Luubie - Apr 4, 2021

14 by bushman66 »»
Nov 9, 2022 4:05 PM

Poll: » Yami Shibai 8 Episode 11 Discussion

Collins89 - Mar 22, 2021

9 by Klad »»
Oct 31, 2022 4:02 AM

Poll: » Yami Shibai 8 Episode 5 Discussion

EGOIST - Feb 7, 2021

19 by FireRifle64 »»
Sep 24, 2022 1:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.