Forum Settings
Forums

'Jigokuraku' Manga Ends, Receives TV Anime

Jan 24, 9:53 AM
News Team
The eighth issue of Weekly Shounen Jump revealed on Monday that Yuuji Kaku's Jigokuraku (Hell's Paradise: Jigokuraku) manga will receive a television anime adaptation. The manga ended with the 127th chapter on the Shounen Jump+ web magazine the same day.

Synopsis
Gabimaru the Hollow, a ninja of Iwagakure Village known for being cold and emotionless, was set up by his fellow ninja and is now on death row. Tired of killing and betrayal, he wants to die. However, no method of execution works on him because as much as the seemingly apathetic Gabimaru refuses to admit it, he does have a reason to live. He wants to return to his wife, who was the reason why he softened up and failed to be an effective assassin. Thus, he refuses to die.

Asaemon the Decapitator, a famous executioner, sees this and has a proposal for the ninja. He wants Gabimaru to join an expedition to an island south of Japan in search of the elixir of life in exchange for a full pardon by the Shogunate. However, this island isn't a normal island: it's believed to be Paradise.

However the island is full of mysteries, and the exploring team—consisting of those marked for death—might not be fully prepared to handle them. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Kaku began serializing the historical fantasy manga in Shounen Jump+ in January 2018. Shueisha published the 12th volume on December 4.

VIZ Media simulpublishes the manga in English on its Shounen Jump platform and released the sixth volume on January 19. The seventh volume will ship on March 16.

Jigokuraku ranked among the top 20 in the male readers' division in the 2019 Kono Manga ga Sugoi! rankings.

Manga official site: https://shonenjumpplus.com/episode/13932016480029295972
Manga official Twitter: @jplus_jigokurak

Source: Mantan Web

Jigokuraku on MAL
Modified by DatRandomDude, Jan 24, 12:39 PM

Jan 24, 10:06 AM
RIP this manga but rise the anime adaptation XD

Jan 24, 10:17 AM

Oh, just started reading this too... Guess I gotta catch up!

Hasn't quite hooked me yet (enough to want to binge it anyway), but I've liked what I've read so far. Hopefully this gets a solid studio! I'm excited to see what they'll do with this.

Jan 24, 10:30 AM
Announcing an anime the second the manga ends, WTF.

Jan 24, 10:31 AM

I'm freaking excited this announcement. It was great manga until very end.
If excellent anime studio takes it, it will be super epic.
Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail ― Charles F. Kettering

Jan 24, 10:35 AM

Hopefully we'll get full adaptation.

Jan 24, 10:46 AM

At least it's getting a TV adaptation.

"I appreciate your input, but please, F@#$ off."
- C.J (Carl Johnson)

Jan 24, 10:46 AM

hmm. might consider reading and watching this.

me when Princess Mononoke goated. the review.

musik #2

Jan 24, 11:16 AM

To be honest, I never really understood the strategy when a manga gets an anime shortly before its end. Do they think people who haven't read the work before will accidentally buy the last volume?

Jan 24, 11:48 AM

I'm looking forward to the anime as I heard great things from the manga.

Jan 24, 11:56 AM
Didn't something similar happen with dorohedoro

Jan 24, 12:44 PM

pls be better than both of the blade of the immortal adaptations pls be better than both of the blade of the immortal adaptations pls be better than both of the blade of the immortal adaptations pls be better than both of the blade of the immortal adaptations

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry

Jan 24, 12:50 PM
I've gone through the manga. I found it curious.

I hope the anime adaptation will do the artwork and characters justice.

Jan 24, 12:52 PM
WatchGiantRobo

Since the manga is ending and the anime is being announced after the fact...I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being a rushed adaptation.

I expect this to get 2 cour at most and possibly rush the entire thing, unless there a viable stopping point that would make sense to end the anime at prior the actual ending.

Jan 24, 1:09 PM

All my yes! Hope it gets a good studio!

Jan 24, 9:40 PM

Wow, I've actually just started reading the manga and I've been enjoying it a lot! I'm really excited to see this getting an anime adaptation. Hopefully, a good studio will be working on this.

Jan 25, 10:40 AM

I finished the manga a couple of days ago and I really enjoyed it. I don't understand why people are complaining... yes the manga just ended but that's great news because we might not get an "open ending" but a full conclusion. I do believe that you can adapt the source with 25 episodes.

I wish we could get 50ep series like the good ol' days but unless it's a basic shonen people won't stick around for that long xD

Jan 27, 12:59 AM
The manga has been on my plan-to-read list for a while maybe I should start reading now that the manga has ended and I can't wait to watch anime I hope it isn't rushed.

Jan 27, 11:21 AM

Maybe this means they can adapt the whole manga.
Bum Bum Dum Dum