Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 24, 2021 12:53 PM

Apr 2018
Solid episode. They are so cute and awkward together ngl after what happened in the bath.

I'm glad that they made it up with each other.
Jan 24, 2021 12:56 PM

Dec 2010
ExcaliburAO said:
I don’t really feel like doing that. And yeah I dont really look at the tags either. As long as I enjoy the story, I don’t really care if it’s ecchi, harem, isekai, or whatever.

Very well, tags have an use only when you are looking for something as a search filter, for the rest they do not have much on a use since 99% of the anime can fall into this. :D

kayuza77 said:

Ha ha ha, anime viewers only will learn to never take anything for granted. :D
Fn76Jan 24, 2021 1:04 PM
Jan 24, 2021 1:04 PM

Oct 2017
They spend 1 full episode introducing one character.

That's such an awesome move really.
Anime nowadays are so rushed they want to introduce a character asap in an episode and have some revolutionary story in the same episode.
Appreciate the slow pacing of them building bound.

The attrition to detail in this friendship development is entertaining and feels genuine.

PS: Be warn, next episode will piss up a lot of young people and Christian.
Something people deemed not ok would happen.
Jan 24, 2021 1:32 PM

Jan 2011
they doing good for the manga, just like Redo of Healer
really good can't wait to see how they will adapt the rest

I start to restore hope for Japanese studios lately they finally start to adapt the good manga
Jan 24, 2021 1:51 PM

May 2016
So they showed Rudy D*** but didn't show us sylph P***, WTF!!!!!
Where's the Equality, why only girls get a Fully Naked males, but we doesn't get a Fully Naked girl, well it's time to check Pixiv for Fanarts for this scene 😌
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2021 1:54 PM
Nov 2019
Studio Bind is doing an amazing job, the animation in this anime is incredible, it's surprising that this is their first anime.
Jan 24, 2021 2:10 PM

Dec 2016
Another great episode! Rudy becomes more socially aware compared to his past self.
Jan 24, 2021 2:22 PM

Nov 2013
If you gloss over the pervy crap, this was a rather cute and warm episode.
Jan 24, 2021 3:07 PM

Aug 2015
Another fantastic episode. The pacing of this anime is just so good.

Really nice backgrounds and animation. Sylph is super cute.

Some more of that "pervy crap" made the episode even better.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Jan 24, 2021 3:22 PM

Jul 2017
JanPri said:
- Still no explanation of the very important sword styles and where does this take place - things that were skipped in the last episode
- Rudy was hurling mud balls on Somal and his pals instead of water in the LN
- 6:59 Sylphie actually was busy with something, at the moment at least, (Rudy went with her to deliver lunch to her father Laws after that) but they completely skipped it
- Rudy's and Paul's conversation was shortened + Pauls's monologue was shortened too
- Rudy's training with sword was almost completely ommited - he pretty much sucks, as you can see, but despite that wishes to beat Paul at least once while he's still in his prime (he's 25 rn and Rudy 6)
- Training with Sylphie was also REALLY shortened and Rudy teaches Sylphie to read and write in addition to that
- Some explanation of the magic system was skipped (I think this is one of things that makes the LN so good, so it's a real shame...)

This adaptation is only 11 episodes. It's going to be seriously truncated and I'd be surprised if it makes it past Rudy's 10th birthday. It certainly isn't an adaptation of the entire LN series.
DaromanJan 24, 2021 3:27 PM
Jan 24, 2021 3:25 PM

Jan 2020
gintokisbicep said:
kayuza77 said:

i haven't actually read the ln, i just stupidly clicked the spoiler in the maids biography on mal and it says that.

WTH i havent realize it until now. Holy crap, these people are way too much enthusiastic to the show that they even putting spoiler in char biography already
Jan 24, 2021 3:34 PM
Apr 2016
Daroman said:
JanPri said:
- Still no explanation of the very important sword styles and where does this take place - things that were skipped in the last episode
- Rudy was hurling mud balls on Somal and his pals instead of water in the LN
- 6:59 Sylphie actually was busy with something, at the moment at least, (Rudy went with her to deliver lunch to her father Laws after that) but they completely skipped it
- Rudy's and Paul's conversation was shortened + Pauls's monologue was shortened too
- Rudy's training with sword was almost completely ommited - he pretty much sucks, as you can see, but despite that wishes to beat Paul at least once while he's still in his prime (he's 25 rn and Rudy 6)
- Training with Sylphie was also REALLY shortened and Rudy teaches Sylphie to read and write in addition to that
- Some explanation of the magic system was skipped (I think this is one of things that makes the LN so good, so it's a real shame...)

This adaptation is only 11 episodes. It's going to be seriously truncated and I'd be surprised if it makes it past Rudy's 10th birthday. It certainly isn't an adaptation of the entire LN series.
It's supposed to be a split season adapting 6 volumes - 11 episodes adapting the volumes 1,2 and 3 probably and then the 2nd season (12 episodes) adapting the volumes 4,5 and 6.
Jan 24, 2021 3:39 PM

Jul 2013
The way they handle the small conflict between Rudy and his dad was so well written
Jan 24, 2021 3:42 PM

Jul 2017
JanPri said:
Daroman said:

It's supposed to be a split season adapting 6 volumes - 11 episodes adapting the volumes 1,2 and 3 probably and then the 2nd season (12 episodes) adapting the volumes 4,5 and 6.

It's still going to be pretty condensed even in that case.

The biggest headache is going to be the massive controversy surrounding it, some of which we've already seen. Waiting for a couple YouTubers to make videos decrying it.
Jan 24, 2021 3:55 PM

May 2019
JanPri said:
[spoiler]
Daroman said:
[spoiler]

This is what everyone is expecting.

The question is how are they going to divide the LN volumes between the episode list.

I believe in 4 (LN1) - 3 (LN2) - 4 (LN3).

They don't need to skip 10 yo anniversary. The content of Vol2 is not so long.

Then 4 - 4 - 4 for the next volumes in the second cour.

Jan 24, 2021 4:04 PM

Jan 2021
I admit, the first two episodes were a stunning masterclass of animation and skillful writing.. but the protagonist was a troubling element. I was getting the vibe that he was incredibly problematic, but also the vibe that the show apparently knows it, and is willing to demonstrate those problems. But it was never quite doing it in ways that I'd appreciate.

And then episode three dropped.. and I'm left utterly and completely stunned.

Hearing the father acutely inform a modern-day neet otaku of the concept of consent and power dynamics in a single line, "If someone clearly stronger than you chased after you with naked lust, how would that make you feel?" really spiked my hope levels for this show.

This show seems to be revealing itself as a takedown of the otaku mindset. It doesn't do it in a way that is hamfisted, either; it is subtle and it's sympathetic to the problem of being stuck in a rut. The protagonist isn't a great person, but the show is now taking very clear nods to bop them on the head.

I hope I'm not misreading this, but I could be, so I'm withholding some level of hope to be disappointed.

..but man. This show is a real treat so far.
Jan 24, 2021 4:25 PM
Jul 2014
When you've seen enough anime you tend to see the whole mistaken gender thing coming a mile away but I actually appreciated when it happened it was treated with some degree of seriousness rather than playing the reveal for laughs. I was surprised in a good way
Jan 24, 2021 4:29 PM

Mar 2016
It's another REALLY good episode. Again, I'm aware of how the westernized mindsets of people are gonna make it take this the wrong way, but what Rudy did wasn't malicious, nor did it seemed forced or silly. It's simply how his mentality in his new life is as a child. Skinship isn't that uncommon, especially in Japan, I would safely assume. From what I was told, Rudy did have social skills in his previous life, but lost them at some point in high school due to the bullying and other trauma-related events surrounding him, which led to his hikikomori livelihood later in his life. Yea, he still has memory and personality retained, but his mentality has regressed, not just from the reincarnation, but likely back when he lost his social connections in his previous life.
On a side note, Paul is one heck of a great wingman as a father. I liked the way they had his own inner monologues as well.

One of my more enjoyed series this season, only surpassed by Yuru Camp 2.

I keep hearing ep 4 will be a very controversial one. I’m assuming it’s related to Paul and he might end up committing something out of line, considering we were getting his own monologues in addition to Rudy’s.
Jan 24, 2021 4:50 PM

Jan 2011
the perversion in this show is really keeping me from enjoying it as much as i want to
some good moments that end up just getting ruined, can only say at least for now every time Rudy does something bad (not talking about the bully scene ) the show bonks him on the head for being wrong.

shame it looks like this stuff wont ever end from what ive heard at least way beyond where we get to in the anime

Jan 24, 2021 5:12 PM

Feb 2015
Vandell said:
I admit, the first two episodes were a stunning masterclass of animation and skillful writing.. but the protagonist was a troubling element. I was getting the vibe that he was incredibly problematic, but also the vibe that the show apparently knows it, and is willing to demonstrate those problems. But it was never quite doing it in ways that I'd appreciate.

And then episode three dropped.. and I'm left utterly and completely stunned.

Hearing the father acutely inform a modern-day neet otaku of the concept of consent and power dynamics in a single line, "If someone clearly stronger than you chased after you with naked lust, how would that make you feel?" really spiked my hope levels for this show.

This show seems to be revealing itself as a takedown of the otaku mindset. It doesn't do it in a way that is hamfisted, either; it is subtle and it's sympathetic to the problem of being stuck in a rut. The protagonist isn't a great person, but the show is now taking very clear nods to bop them on the head.

I hope I'm not misreading this, but I could be, so I'm withholding some level of hope to be disappointed.

..but man. This show is a real treat so far.

I agree :)
This episode was a pleasant suprise and while I kinda would've preferred it if Sylphiette was actually a boy (cause it kinda seems like Rudy won't have any male friends and just potential wives - cause I doubt his relationship with Sylphiette will stay a platonic friendship), it was nice to see him stand up for her and apologizing for making her feel uncomfortable.

The landscapes/nature scenes are still extremely beautiful btw!
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Jan 24, 2021 5:18 PM

Nov 2017
So far so good,they are doing an admirable job of adapting the LN(bits were missed to protect whatever),but I'm really liking it so far.
Have to say,I love the OP theme,but the ED theme is almost as good,and both suit the anime well.

On a side note,I looked at the total episodes and was dismayed!
Only 11 eps,no way would they be able to portray the LN well in that little amount.
Then I saw it's got a 2nd season :)
All is well with the isekai world :)
Jan 24, 2021 5:30 PM

Jul 2017
Uncomfortable humor choices as usual that really kill the momentum for me with this show, but the pacing was fine and visuals were pretty good, especially when Sylph figured out how to use magic spells without incantations.
Jan 24, 2021 5:51 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Sylphiette, a young half elf girl, entering the show. So, the storyline really took its sweet time carefully by depicting the progression of Rudy activities with a very slow pace. Minutes by minutes has been pass, Rudy became a mentor by a little Sylph, and looks like she was about as brilliant as Rudy in terms of magic learning. Well, well.

This episode also contained an interesting interaction between Rudy and Paul. Paul had a similar childhood era like Rudy, even with the same perversion, and a womanizer talent too. I can't help but laugh with his explanations. He didn't know, the fate of life really an intriguing matters with that depth connections. If only an adult soul Rudy knewing his explanations, it must be surprised him so much. However, as an audience, its good enough to depict the whole situations. Its a normal.

Anyway, Paul taught a good lesson to the boy with an adult soul, which was in a great shock state after encountering Sylph gender. Yeah, its a new experience for him. Surprise much? Nah. Its actually helped out Rudy so much to actually open his eyes how to treat a girl in the same age like Sylph, with a proper attitude. Even though i might be worry, it may became a great awakening skill. Still, left it aside for the future route that whatever led Rudy into. Thats how you solved the bad relations which happened previously. Within a father and his son relationship, and within his son and his new childhood friend. As wholesome as it can be.

However, the next episode title sounds very important and make me curious. What kind of emergency?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 24, 2021 6:03 PM

Mar 2019
Another brilliant episode.
G0ldStark said:
I can't believe people defend this serie with the excuse that it is a "wholesome", "slice of life", the anime it has not stopped sexualizing female characters and the protagonist be disturbing lecher since the first episode.

Ahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha. Haha. Ha.

what is so funny?

This was a pretty uncomfortable episode, but for the one's dropping it I would semi-blame them since this is kinda frequent in rudy's character but it's also a redemption story as well and he also genuinly feels bad for doing something he should definitely not be doing. This is not for the general audience.

@ExcaliburAO
Before, you could see pantyshots even in a childrens anime and shoujos.
perverted stuff in anime has clearly been diminished some over the last few years trend for years. there used to be many anime girls were "accidentally" groped each season. It used to be in the dozens. Now I go whole seasons without seeing a single ecchi scene except in a ecchi anime.
that's why it should tagged as ecchi, people should stop thinking that fanservice and the perverted is normal in anime
Jan 24, 2021 6:07 PM

Nov 2019
G0ldStark said:

what is so funny?

This was a pretty uncomfortable episode, but for the one's dropping it I would semi-blame them since this is kinda frequent in rudy's character but it's also a redemption story as well and he also genuinly feels bad for doing something he should definitely not be doing. This is not for the general audience.

@ExcaliburAO
Before, you could see pantyshots even in a childrens anime and shoujos.
perverted stuff in anime has clearly been diminished some over the last few years trend for years. there used to be many anime girls were "accidentally" groped each season. It used to be in the dozens. Now I go whole seasons without seeing a single ecchi scene except in a ecchi anime.
that's why it should tagged as ecchi, people should stop thinking that fanservice and the perverted is normal in anime
I thought i just agreed with you that they should've added the ecchi tag?
Jan 24, 2021 6:15 PM
Feb 2018
I'm surprised the bully mom complained to Paul I'm not sure but in most feudal societies upsetting the local lord a very bad idea
Jan 24, 2021 6:23 PM

May 2019
Paladin23 said:
I'm surprised the bully mom complained to Paul I'm not sure but in most feudal societies upsetting the local lord a very bad idea

hehe

According what Rudeus said later, maybe the thing is that the MILF was really seeking for the "punishment" by Paul, if you know what i mean...

Rob7Jan 24, 2021 6:29 PM
Jan 24, 2021 6:28 PM
Feb 2018
Rob7 said:
Paladin23 said:

hehe

According what Rudeus said later, maybe the thing is that the MILF was really seeking for the "punishment" by Paul, if you know what i mean...
true but that a dangerous game one wrong step and he could kick her and her family out of the village
Jan 24, 2021 6:52 PM

Dec 2013
I wasn't surprised that Sylph was actually a girl but Paul's reaction when he realised Rudeus had no idea was hilarious.

Paul is a top tier father teaching Rudy some very important life lessons. Even if it is way too early.
Jan 24, 2021 6:55 PM

Aug 2020
Being a shut in probably affected his way of doing things so I can't really blame him for doing that. Still wrong though but this again, whole show is a redemption arc.

"He, is a she"
daga otoko da but reversed.

Jan 24, 2021 7:14 PM

Jan 2020
Ngl I preferred the first two episodes but I thought this was still good. The new character seems interesting and I also thought it was nice how it gave time to focus on the father-son bonding rather than have Rudy be the full focus for the entirety of the episode.

Jan 24, 2021 7:22 PM

Jul 2016
Paul seems to be more complex than I originally thought. Good to know he's not a mere horny meathead... *reads Maid's bio*... oh, forget it.

Overall, better than the previous two episodes. Rudeus's inner-monologues keep being extremely cringey and even creepy for moments tho.
Jan 24, 2021 7:38 PM

Apr 2015
Okay...Okay, this is where this mf comes into it's own.

I could see little hints of competence in the first two eps, but... The way Rudy schools his own father, and the way Paul reacts...major props!! (personally, I would have drawn that sh!t out with both of them being stubborn for 2 or 3 days, you know, exploring that dynamic. But that's just me.)

I'm looking forward to more of this, when I kinda wasn't before.
Jan 24, 2021 7:40 PM

Dec 2016
You just activated my reverse trap card.

Either way to nice to have friends, she was pretty good at learning magic as well.
Jan 24, 2021 8:17 PM
Dec 2012
Nice to see Rudy and Paul helping each other grow as people, as well as Rudy getting a chance to have a childhood friend.

It's funny how nothing has really "happened" so far outside of Roxy coming and going, and yet this show has been way more interesting to me than just about any isekai that has come out recently. It's clear the source author cares not only about how the characters around Rudy develop, but soberly showcasing how his former life affects his every interaction.
Jan 24, 2021 8:24 PM

May 2015
G0ldStark said:
as is the case with most ecchi shows. I don’t know why this all off a sudden a problem

This anime does not have the ecchi tag, those scenes are fine if it was an ecchi show (that way I would have avoided it from the beginning), but people tell you that it is a mature show about redemption, but Rudy is that he doesn't treat anybody like a real person, not his parents, not Lilia, not Roxy. He games the system to achieve his own comfort and treats other people like fleshy objects to be manipulated with memorized lines. it's totally disgusting

Then stop watching it? Not that hard.

Jan 24, 2021 8:34 PM

May 2019
Lol i almost forgot this "meta" moment of Rudeus.

"MT is more one typical OP MC trash Isekai!"
Jan 24, 2021 9:08 PM

Jan 2012
This show just keeps on getting better and better~! :D

Jan 24, 2021 9:27 PM

Feb 2009
Rob7 said:
This episode helps to cement the tone of Mushoku Tensei.

Slice of life, feelings and some gags.

Oh fool of those who thought it was a typical power fantasy with OP character or anything like this.

Well, it is, but not yet. You literally see Rudeus growth thourght the novels and manga adaptation, frm kid to father. That's why this is awesome.

ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
Sad thing it still makes no difference whether the MC was reincarnated or "native" to the world.

Mod edit: merged double post, inserted spoiler tags
BarnaldJan 26, 2021 9:41 AM
Jan 24, 2021 9:56 PM

May 2014
Holy crap, that was an amazing episode considering it's small scale. Friendship making as well as father bonding...plus some lewdness too lol. Really like the way this is being handled!
Jan 24, 2021 11:24 PM

Feb 2014
This adaptation is so cinematic that every episode feels to be watched in real experience. The world is so beautiful in it, the BGM and the lovable characters too.

Can't wait for more cast to appear.

Mod edit: inserted spoiler tag
BarnaldJan 26, 2021 9:45 AM
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 24, 2021 11:27 PM

Apr 2020
Before everything, this might be the first episode forum of the season I entered where Stark700 is now the first poster, so he's back at the rightful throne (no hate on KanLen though).

Well this episode Rudeus meets Sylph (Syrup). Syrup is being bullied by three boys and thankfully Rudy came in for the save. They became friends fast and Rudy also teached Syrup some magic without chanting.

His father, Paul though didn't met him with some love, as he rush in to slap him because one of the bully's parents accused Rudy from punching her (ingrateful) son. Rudy though with those answers and rebates against his father, makes you think how he handles some stuff in his Earth life. Atleast Paul got to realize that how he handles things is bad and he makes up for it in a scene that comes later.

It's time for Rudy and Syrup to take a bath after being drenched in the rain. Once again Studio Bind being really dedicated and putting in a little PP on Rudy, nice attention to FUCKING DETAIL. But...throughout the episode...I am calling it minute by minute...something is wrong. Rudy attempts to undress Syrup, but Syrup...is resisting. Ooh I wonder THE FUCK WHY (TFW). Syrup covers her chest and is trying so hard for Rudy to NOT undress her trunks. But Rudy is more stronger and once he did undress Syrup's undies, he then realize the gravity of the situation. Syrup is a GIRL, and oh boy throughout the episode I was laughing at the fact that Rudy still doesn't realize Syrup is a SHE.

This obviously led to Syrup crying and Rudy has to apologize to her. Our otou-san Paul now gives Rudy some advice to win over a girl and how to apologize from a misunderstanding. This led to Rudy showing his humiliated side to Syrup, and gladly she accepts his apology. Now they're friends (and hopefully lovers), and we'll see what adventures await Rudy in his isekai life.
Jan 25, 2021 12:40 AM
Jul 2018
The first scene of Rudy worshiping the holy relic was so funny. Thankfully, nobody is angry at this...yet

Roxy still the best girl mainly because of *spoilers* in the future.
Jan 25, 2021 12:51 AM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Teaching about consent, we love to see it.
Jan 25, 2021 12:52 AM

Dec 2016
You just activated my reverse trap card!

Either way it's nice to see him get a friend.
Jan 25, 2021 1:37 AM
Nov 2018
I just started watching this after a video by Mother's Basement: The Best Anime of Winter 2021. What a great show! One of the best isekai ever, already after three episodes. Same guy who made Gamers, according to MB. Which is one of the few anime I have watched twice.

Though it was obvious the elf girl was a girl. And a bit weird that she could use magic so easily. But then again, I guess elves would be leaning more toward magic.

Great way of building up the story. The childhood would have been handled in the first half of the first episode in other isekai. You'd think it would be boring, but it isn't. I guess you wouldn't want this childhood story all the time, but it's a nice change.

What a surprise that we also get to hear the dad's thought. Usually parents are just something that has to be there for as short a time as possible, or something done away with altogether. But here the fact that Rudy grows up in a family is important.

But to not make it too dull, the parents used to be adventurers, with knowledge of magic and swordsmanship. Great balance.
HegarJan 25, 2021 1:42 AM
Jan 25, 2021 2:30 AM
Oct 2018
I saw to seen a boy efl.oh a girl efl in the 1st appeared
Jan 25, 2021 3:50 AM
Jul 2012
idk felt like real pedobait.

I like the dad but the ugly fat loser behind rudy makes this entire show really awkward.
Jan 25, 2021 3:59 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Sylphie is so cute, being voiced by Kayano Ai made her 10x cuter. But damn looks like the next episode's gonna trigger the community lmao. Prepare yourselves, boys and girls lol.
misterreicchiJan 25, 2021 4:03 AM
Jan 25, 2021 3:59 AM

Aug 2013
G0ldStark said:

what is so funny?

I don't know, I don't know. Maybe, just maybe, your mindset?
I mean, go watch something else. It would be the best if you stay away from anime if all you do is complaining about things that are present in this medium for decades. If you can't distinguish the fiction from reality, then stop consuming the fiction completely. I'm getting sick when I'm reading posts like this.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is Mushoku Tensei one of best isekai anime so far ?

ISeeLifePeople - Jul 20, 2023

44 by Devalroi »»
Apr 10, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

465 by Remurst »»
Apr 10, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

335 by Remurst »»
Apr 10, 1:56 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2021

295 by wbergie »»
Apr 8, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

228 by ionelHeredia »»
Apr 8, 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.