Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jan 26, 2021 6:18 PM

Dec 2019
The fact that others think I need to give them a reason as to why I like or dislike an anime/manga/light novel.
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."
-Kino's Journey
Jan 26, 2021 6:19 PM
Jan 2021
gay shippers i mean bro? cmon ik youre into anime for like 3 months ago but gay ship?
Jan 26, 2021 6:36 PM

Apr 2017
The increasing amount of anime dubs and the bandwagon of newcomers that accompany them who demand that anime conform to western morals.

Anime youtubers that pretty much just shit on others and complain about anime, not all just a few.

Vtubers, they pretty much just comment on stuff looking for handouts... ok I'm jealous, this is the perfect racket :D

Jan 26, 2021 6:45 PM

Jan 2020
When people shit talk or claim that another anime is garbage when they either have never seen it or have hardly seen enough of it to fully solidify that opinion.

Jan 26, 2021 6:48 PM

Jul 2007
Dumbasses referencing "abridged" fandubs as if they are relevant at all.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jan 27, 2021 4:54 AM

Jan 2010
RefreshNerves said:
Those fucking Eremika shippers, fucking incest supporters, they must be creep in real life

ppl like you that can't mind their own business, can't leave other fans alone, shaming and belittling other fans, butting in other fans likes and dislikes
Jan 27, 2021 5:39 AM

Oct 2019
When people say “animes”. ANIME IS BOTH PLURAL AND SINGULAR
Jan 27, 2021 5:43 AM

Aug 2015
People who only like fight scenes and (generally) hate character development.
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Jan 27, 2021 5:47 AM

Aug 2015
DaViZZ said:
Bandwagoners who will say that some popular anime is good just to be accepted by community, people who say anime is good just beacuse everybody else say it's good.

Also the opposite of this - people who hate on a certain Anime and join the bandwagon without a solid reason to hate on it.
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Jan 27, 2021 6:14 AM
May 2019
Fujoshis and Ship wars (They are the most annoying people in the whole world, characters looked at each other for 2 seconds, OMG they are so gay SHIP SHIP, Shipping in general isn't wrong but there is difference between shipping and fetishizing and that's what these people do, they also hate on female characters because they get in the way of their non canon ship and label anyone who don't agree with their ship as homophobic, not just fujoshis most of the shippers are toxic, People who only cares about romance/ shipping in anime aren't genuine fans)

Incest lovers (Disgusting)

Elitists (I don't need to explain this one)

Sub Vs Dub (it's so stupid seriously)

Manga readers/Source material readers (They always keep giving spoilers and think they are superior just because they have read the source material)

Power scaling/Death battles (comparing characters from different animes and keep arguing who is stronger, if it's just for fun then it's fine but these people take it way too seriously)

Waifu Wars (This is the Best Girl others are worst, Um you can have your favourites,Best Girl without dragging other characters and hating on them)
Sayali567Jan 27, 2021 6:26 AM
Jan 27, 2021 6:24 AM
Jul 2018
The term Overrated, its just a way to say "I don't like what is popular and therefore it shouldn't be popular" Not everyone uses it in this way but the majority I see do.

Also people that nag over the simplest things like clouds in My Hero Academia in this specific scene aren't good or a panel in the manga that wasn't copied 1 for 1 in the anime and therefore the adaptation is garbage.
Jan 27, 2021 6:26 AM
Jun 2020
People shipping characters who have had no indication of attraction to each other in the entire series.
(For eg. Okita & Kagura from Gintama)
Jan 27, 2021 6:26 AM
Jan 2021
of course the one who spoils everything like stfu

and people who ship every single characters espcially when they ship adults with minors euw
Jan 27, 2021 6:28 AM
May 2019
aidenkoutarou said:

and people who ship every single characters espcially when they ship adults with minors euw
Yeah True basically these people only want one thing in anime and that is romance everything else can just go to hell)
Jan 27, 2021 6:31 AM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
when people think thats the best anime ever and you can't have an opinion on it.. or stating an opinion and the other person getting annoyed by it lol
Jan 27, 2021 6:37 AM

Sep 2020
Something that's caught my eye that I find quite curious - although it's not something I hate - is the emergence of consensus just by virtue of this type of online community existing.

For example, I often see people discuss "elitists" and "elitism" - and ironically, to discern an "elitist", you have to have learned what series (or at least what tropes/genres) supposed "elitists" like. In other words, you have to have acquired some level of community-insider knowledge in order to make a selective judgement which somebody without the cultural/subcultural knowledge (or cultural capital, if you like) would be unequipped to make.

I think it's interesting to see this kind of culturally selective discourse emerge from something as simple as a bunch of people signing up online to talk about cartoons
Jan 27, 2021 6:40 AM

Jul 2019
People who truly don't understand the concept of time in anime.

Just because it took a few seconds to pass by on the screen doesn't mean a few seconds passed in the anime. There is a reason why some anime only show the highlights of the fight and not the whole thing because it would take too long.

e.g. the legendary Goku vs. Freiza fight

Edit: I have a better example - When 2 or more fights are going on simultaneously and people are saying that it took too long but in actuality, they happened at the same time just in different places.
Mystogan14579Jan 27, 2021 6:47 AM
Jan 27, 2021 7:16 AM
Oct 2018
Hypocritical fans who shit on other animes
for using some trope and claim it's bad and lazy writing (plotarmor for mains or suppprts character for the story to move on.the term, it will explain later ......) but it looks like it genius and good writing and it the best thing ever
Jan 27, 2021 2:29 PM

Aug 2017
Kamakura-senpai said:
People who judge others based on what they watch. Everyone has different tastes. I don't go out of my way to bash someone, say if they are a huge SAO fan. I am not a big fan of the series, but it is awesome for those who are. That is what makes MAL fun to me. You get to meet people with different tastes than you.

I remember that I was giving my opinion of why I didn't like One Punch Man months ago and a random dude said my opinion is "invalid" cuz I have SAO is my favourites lmao. I instantly report him and the mod removed his post lol.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 27, 2021 3:00 PM

Aug 2018
Sayali567 said:
aidenkoutarou said:

and people who ship every single characters especially when they ship adults with minors euw
Yeah True basically these people only want one thing in anime and that is romance everything else can just go to hell)

Exactly, it's especially annoying when their ship is OOC for the characters to be in/ruins character development and when you point this out the shippers automatically believe you are someone with a rival ship and butthurt that your ship didn't become canon. It's like some people in the anime community are unable to comprehend that not everything is a ship war and that some people do not have ships in a series and actually care for parts of the story that don't have to do with romance, aka writing quality characters coming full circle in development. Instead, they rather go think series are flawless as long as their ship is canon and think you could only have criticism if you have a ship rival to theirs.
OsumareJan 27, 2021 3:09 PM
"Of what worth is a king who fails to protect the powerless?" —Saber, Fate/Zero
Jan 27, 2021 4:19 PM

Jan 2013
Honestly?
Folks who don't know how and why anime came about, what impact it had on the Japanese economy and culture (one example being mecha). Not saying you have to watch anime from the past but at least do your homework.

And also those who don't want to know about how traditional cel animation was done, it's in my signature below lol.

Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jan 27, 2021 4:24 PM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
People who spoil and elitists mostly.

Oh, and people who think authors try to trivialize rape or other crimes by showing them in their work.
Jan 27, 2021 5:51 PM

Feb 2015
Osumare said:
Exactly, it's especially annoying when their ship is OOC for the characters to be in/ruins character development and when you point this out the shippers automatically believe you are someone with a rival ship and butthurt that your ship didn't become canon. It's like some people in the anime community are unable to comprehend that not everything is a ship war and that some people do not have ships in a series and actually care for parts of the story that don't have to do with romance, aka writing quality characters coming full circle in development. Instead, they rather go think series are flawless as long as their ship is canon and think you could only have criticism if you have a ship rival to theirs.

Omg, thank you for saying this.
Shipping is one of the biggest problems in the anime community. It's not bad in and of itself, but people literally ignore everything else and outright hate on certain shows just cause their ship didn't come true. Digimon Adventure is one of the worst instances of this imo... the people who shipped Taichi & Sora where so outraged when she ended up with Yamato (even tho the dub basically inserted every dialogue with romantic context... there wasn't anything like that in the raw version). And Digimon was never about romance in the first place, urgh. And that's such an old example, it has only gotten worse since then.

Other things:
- people who think every bigger (generic) shounen is the second coming of jesus
- homophobes (and no, not those who don't like unreasonable ships, I mean real ones) or rather bigots, cause there are still a lot of them in the anime community
- people who don't accept that someone doesn't like an anime they like, especially when that person gave valid reasons (and didn't just say "this is trash")... looking at you JJK fandom :x

There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Jan 27, 2021 11:06 PM

Feb 2019
anitubers who brand themselves as "otaku" yet are complete frauds
Jan 28, 2021 5:56 AM

Jan 2012
People who only watched, like, 3 anime and think those anime represent everything the industry has to offer.

They only watched shonen? Means every anime is shonen!
They only watched ecchi and/or hentai? Mean every anime is ecchi/hentai!
They only watched Ghibli movies: Means every anime is Ghibli!

It's the same lazy mindset over and over, they never bother to look outside their box.
Jan 28, 2021 6:04 AM

Aug 2018
The cringe, so much cringe. There are so many hardcore fans (that actually are casuals) making so many comments without knowing how to rate... I don't get how some people become that hardcore so fking fast, it's like scream that they are otakus.

I never gonna get how someone can get their appearence and life style eaten by a hobby...
Jan 28, 2021 6:24 AM

Jul 2015
foxtail9 said:
Kamakura-senpai said:
People who judge others based on what they watch. Everyone has different tastes. I don't go out of my way to bash someone, say if they are a huge SAO fan. I am not a big fan of the series, but it is awesome for those who are. That is what makes MAL fun to me. You get to meet people with different tastes than you.

^^^all of this

- people who think your taste must be shit if you don't like FLCL, Lain, NGE, you know what others

Since I joined here, I see roughly 500 shonen fans unironically hating on NGE/FLCL/Lain/etc and people who love these shows, for every NGE elitist unicorn, but OK.

And honestly after a few years of hearing the same shit over and over from people who can't tell the difference between art style and animation and would watch dog poop if it had lens flares and color filters, I kinda understand the few people who actually go full meme elitist to have fun trolling people.

And it brings us to my pet peeve: People having zero knowledge about anything animation-related. Like c'mon if you have time to watch 300 days of anime you have time to go look up the definitions of animation, art style, basic principles of animation, etc. Instead of posting some shit about "the animation is pretty because the backgrounds are detailled" T___T
Jan 28, 2021 6:45 AM

Aug 2018
StormxNightmare said:
Osumare said:

Omg, thank you for saying this.
Shipping is one of the biggest problems in the anime community. It's not bad in and of itself, but people literally ignore everything else and outright hate on certain shows just cause their ship didn't come true. Digimon Adventure is one of the worst instances of this imo... the people who shipped Taichi & Sora where so outraged when she ended up with Yamato (even tho the dub basically inserted every dialogue with romantic context... there wasn't anything like that in the raw version). And Digimon was never about romance in the first place, urgh. And that's such an old example, it has only gotten worse since then.

Other things:
- people who think every bigger (generic) shounen is the second coming of jesus
- homophobes (and no, not those who don't like unreasonable ships, I mean real ones) or rather bigots, cause there are still a lot of them in the anime community
- people who don't accept that someone doesn't like an anime they like, especially when that person gave valid reasons (and didn't just say "this is trash")... looking at you JJK fandom :x

Yep, fanon ship rabid fans are usually just as or even worse than canon ship rabid fans. I already talked about my issues with rabid canon shippers but fanon ship fans like in the example you gave with Digimon can be just as cancerous. While some people will dislike canon ships for actual understandable reasons, a lot of fanon shippers will just be butthurt their ship didn't win even though 8/10 times their fanon ship usually had no basis and thus will act like the series is ruined just because of the ship.

Fanon shippers will also usually take it too far and try to get anime canceled and send death threats just cause of the failure of their fanon ship even though multiple people told them that their ship would likely not be canon. These type of fanon shippers are bad because their behavior and usage of harassment and threats is why it's hard for reasonable people like you and me to criticize canon ships, because fanon shippers have done so much toxic stuff in the anime community that canon shippers think all the people that have an issue with their canon ship are people with an alternative ship that's gonna try to get the show canceled.
Jan 28, 2021 9:33 AM

Aug 2018
Ghemotoc said:
foxtail9 said:

^^^all of this

- people who think your taste must be shit if you don't like FLCL, Lain, NGE, you know what others

Since I joined here, I see roughly 500 shonen fans unironically hating on NGE/FLCL/Lain/etc and people who love these shows, for every NGE elitist unicorn, but OK.

And honestly after a few years of hearing the same shit over and over from people who can't tell the difference between art style and animation and would watch dog poop if it had lens flares and color filters, I kinda understand the few people who actually go full meme elitist to have fun trolling people.

And it brings us to my pet peeve: People having zero knowledge about anything animation-related. Like c'mon if you have time to watch 300 days of anime you have time to go look up the definitions of animation, art style, basic principles of animation, etc. Instead of posting some shit about "the animation is pretty because the backgrounds are detailled" T___T

"Since I joined here, I see roughly 500 shonen fans unironically hating on NGE/FLCL/Lain/etc and people who love these shows, for every NGE elitist unicorn, but OK."

Yeah, I've seen far more people on this site hate on NGE/FLCL/Lain/etc as well as have a borderline hate-boner towards fans of those shows than I've seen pretentious fans of NGE/FLCL/Lain/etc on this site.
Jan 28, 2021 10:06 AM

Sep 2020
Adults who sexualize kids in anime and say it's ok since it's a drawing and not real.
Jan 28, 2021 11:42 AM

Jan 2021
people who say
"kyaaa!"
or s-stutter l- l-like this in t-text form -baka! uwu (◕‿◕✿) (◠﹏◠✿)
Please type like a normal person.
monkima ook ook.
Jan 30, 2021 5:24 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Clowns who send authors/creators death threats, the fuck is wrong with those people?
Jan 30, 2021 7:04 PM

Jul 2020
Anime fans being impatient fucks. Like, damn, wait till' the anime gets into its climax before you start to judge.
Jan 30, 2021 7:12 PM
Jan 2021
Comparing two anime which is the best.. Probably the most annoying thing about the anime community. And also, they are trying to compare which character in two anime are more OP. Just stfu, we all know that the most OP characters are the isekai main protagonists, they have the power equal or exceed God.. Can we just enjoy anime without any debate nowadays?
Jan 30, 2021 7:13 PM
Jan 2021
those weird misogynistic male anime fans who are like ‘FEMALE WEEBS RUINED ANIME’ or ‘GIRLS JUST WATCH ANIME FOR ATTENTION’ or ‘GIRLS WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND SHOUNEN ANIME’
as well as the totally anti-lgbtq ones in general who scream and cry over somebody shipping 2 same-sex characters (mainly if theyre male characters) they say that ‘shipping ruined the anime’.. nah buddy that’s just homophobia
they lose their shit at lgbtq headcanons too

(also THAT side of anime fandoms.. i’m lookin at you.. mha..)
Jan 30, 2021 7:20 PM

Dec 2020
The blatantly ridiculous consumerism, and the ignorant anitubers who make misinformed crap content.

“You’ve never succeeded at anything and you never will, and do you know why? Because you are vulgar, irremediably vulgar, and not only are you vulgar, you are ordinary.” - Maurice Pialat’s We Won't Grow Old Together (1972)
Jan 31, 2021 9:27 AM
Dec 2020
Some people become "toxic" because you only said a personal opinion.
Jan 31, 2021 9:36 AM

Jul 2013
The.... "I know it's shit but I'm gonna watch it anyway so I can complain why it's shit" people. Far as I'm concerned people who have this mentality are like attention seekers.

Jan 31, 2021 9:59 AM
Jul 2018
- At most the amount of incels, far right-wingers, sexists and homophobes in the anime community ... and it sometimes really shows in their opinions about anime etc as well.
Also these, especially guys, who want their waifu to be "pure" and rage, if she isn't, irks.
Or who almost drool over lesbians, but insult everything gay and calling every girl a fujoshi for having a bunch of gay ships.
Or female fans hating on almost all female characters, or vice versa ... like wtf.
It's so weird. The anime community is either made of great, open-minded and sweet people or totally shitty ones, seriously.

- "No, she just looks and acts like she's 8. There is no paralells to pedophilia at all."

- Weebs idolizing Japan and pretend it's the best country in the world while being blind to all of its problems.
Also weebs, who shit on almost every art form that doesn't come from Japan.

- People trying to force anime on non anime-fans, even tho they don't like them and calling them a "normie".

- "Anime is trash and so I am"-attitude.
Feb 4, 2021 11:10 AM

Aug 2018
TohsakaDM said:
Clowns who send authors/creators death threats, the fuck is wrong with those people?

Not just anime. I remember when someone tried to blackmail and threat Voltron creators over a ship not being canon. Honestly in general anyone who sends death threats over fictional works because you didn't enjoy them needs help.
Feb 4, 2021 11:14 AM

Aug 2018
_Maneki-Neko_ said:
- At most the amount of incels, far right-wingers, sexists and homophobes in the anime community ... and it sometimes really shows in their opinions about anime etc as well.
Also these, especially guys, who want their waifu to be "pure" and rage, if she isn't, irks.
Or who almost drool over lesbians, but insult everything gay and calling every girl a fujoshi for having a bunch of gay ships.
Or female fans hating on almost all female characters, or vice versa ... like wtf.
It's so weird. The anime community is either made of great, open-minded and sweet people or totally shitty ones, seriously.

- "No, she just looks and acts like she's 8. There is no paralells to pedophilia at all."

- Weebs idolizing Japan and pretend it's the best country in the world while being blind to all of its problems.

- People trying to force anime on non anime-fans, even tho they don't like them and calling them a "normie".

God your post is so true. Especially the part about anime fans with clear discriminating views and the overidolization.
Feb 4, 2021 11:35 AM

Dec 2015
Anime fans that like to spoil the plot for example a friend of mine wanted to spoile me the anime Dragon Quest and I said stfu mf, I've been avoiding DQ's spoilers for a long time.

Or MAL's episodes discussions are full of people posting spoiler(why don't these people use the
source sub-forum?).

And the most retarded are the people complaining about sexual fanservice in a late night anime based on sexual fanservice!
Feb 4, 2021 11:37 AM
Jan 2021
Insularity.

II always bust a gut when someone brings up plot driven vs character driven clearly assuming that this new idea only applies to anime!
William Hughes

Complex systems exhibit unexpected behaviour
Feb 4, 2021 11:38 AM

May 2012
People who think FMAB is better than 03. That is pretty much it.
Feb 4, 2021 12:03 PM

Apr 2015
_Maneki-Neko_ said:

If I could like posts on MAL, I would like this post.
Feb 4, 2021 12:03 PM
Feb 2017
I hate when people spell The Attack Titan wrong
Feb 4, 2021 12:16 PM
Jan 2021
Sub vs Dub argument will always annoy me, it's so silly to tell somebody to stop enjoying themselves just because they don't watch what you like.
WyattanimeFeb 5, 2021 3:32 AM
Feb 4, 2021 1:05 PM
Nov 2015
Ok here i go, my anime list was a nice place were you could trust the rating of an anime, i used to filter What to watch and Never watch anything below a 7,50 ... Since usually they were bad ir cliché or predictable (comedies are an exception) i try those anyway BUT LATELY the place is filled with cringe weeabos that make brigade voting for their favorite anime and DOWNVOTE good animes just beacuse ... That make me so angry cuz i decide to watch some shows that were litterally a 6 and other a few 7.00 and they WERE SO GOOD... I was shock, like why ?! Why is this Happening, yet some 8,00 and 8,50 were so bad and cringe ... And i Thought this place Lost It porpuse, What the deal here ? I can not trust rating anymore ... Do i have to waste time and watch 3 episodes per anime like Before cuz i can not longer be efficience ? ... Ok thats my rant
Feb 4, 2021 2:35 PM

Apr 2019
_Maneki-Neko_ said:

I know I'm like the third person to quote you on this, but totally agree.
I find that a lot of this, at least in my experience disappears when you speak to people offline, but I guess that's because then you are talking to people who have any experience of interacting with other people.
Feb 4, 2021 2:45 PM

Aug 2014
When it uses the term "community" when people don't seem that interested in actually being one a lot of the times >.>

Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

self-suff-des - 26 minutes ago

10 by Rinrinka »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

122 by logopolis »»
6 minutes ago

» How is anime doing in the UK these days?

VeryRedBags - 2 hours ago

3 by VeryRedBags »»
7 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

208 by PurplePants »»
10 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

982 by xaacaa »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.