Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jan 25, 2021 5:47 PM

Sep 2020
Shingeki no kyojin fans. Definitely shingeki no kyojin fans.
swag
Jan 25, 2021 5:53 PM

Mar 2020
The annoying children who have watched only 1 series and would fight tooth and nail for it.
I AM LOOKING AT YOU AoT & MHA SIMPS.
Like go watch something else, there's a million anime out there, good anime, amazing anime, stop arguing with people over 1 anime, when it has nothing to do with another anime of a completely different genre.
Jan 25, 2021 7:18 PM
Apr 2018
The Manga readers spamming spoilers.
Jan 25, 2021 7:29 PM

Aug 2020
I hate those who do not respect your opinion because they think you are against them. An example that I saw yesterday was that a boy began to criticize him because he said that he liked the previous design of mikasa more than the new one and they accused him of being a jerk who only saw it through fanservice, it is completely stupid
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
Jan 25, 2021 8:03 PM

Apr 2020
People thinking that they're entitled to their own wrong opinions.
Jan 25, 2021 9:01 PM

Dec 2019
those who said some show or certain characters overrated but can't state the reason
Jan 26, 2021 12:13 AM
Nov 2020
Overhyping an anime, especially if the fanbase is toxic and would not shut up about it
Spamming reviews on the anime is one thing
Jan 26, 2021 12:28 AM
Jan 2020
Auron_ said:
People who vehemently come to every single title's rescue when it's being criticized for validating shitty behavior like sexism or homophobia, and act like there cannot be such a thing as problematic fiction.

It’s just anime & it’s fiction so who fucking cares.
Get off your high horse.

Reality ≠ Fiction.
Jan 26, 2021 12:33 AM
Jan 2020
katsucats said:
Lolabelle said:
People who judge others' personal life based on how they watch anime. Seriously, that's some olympic level mental gymnastics right there.
I mean like this is a good example right here. Can I judge things about someone's personal life if they keep Mein Kampf on their bookshelf? Or if someone has Bell Jar, can I at least assume they care about women's issues? If someone likes a lot of movies like V For Vendetta or Equilibrium or The Matrix, can I not assume that they have a distrust of government? You keep the Bible and Reasonable Faith by William Lane Craig by your bed stand, I can't assume that you are most likely a Christian?

I think anyone who thinks opinions are just opinions no matter what they are have some Olympic level mental gymnastics going on, and a dysfunctional view of reality. I feel like every adult should intuitively understand that what people like is direct evidence of who they are. If all you watch is shounen fight, then that says something about you and your values. If your favorite show is Steins;Gate, then that says something about your and your values. If you think rape and brutal subjugation is justified in revenge, then that says something about you and your values.

Or they simply enjoy that piece of work... Jesus it’s not that deep.

& nope, we don’t have a dysfunctional view on reality because like I previously said again, it’s not that deep.

Fiction ≠ Reality
Hopefully one day, you’ll learn to separate the two.
Jan 26, 2021 12:49 AM

Dec 2017
People who like to sexualize loli and shota rubs me the wrong way for sure.
a
Jan 26, 2021 12:52 AM
Oct 2016
I count the guys who do subs as part of the community, so the most annoying part is: When a char is called X-sama by another char and the subs say X-kun. I dont remember which anime and which sub group did this, but the fact that I saw it, burned it into my memory.
Jan 26, 2021 1:15 AM
Sep 2020
Those who are fanatics to Japanese pop cultures (anime, manga, video games, etc) really annoy me. Fanaticism does irritate my mind and it also blocks my way to communicate with someone.

But yeah, I have learned how to handle them.
Jan 26, 2021 1:34 AM

Dec 2019
attack on titan community for sure as of now
Only you know what you've seen, heard and felt, someone else's opinion is irrelevant.

-Kurenai, Deca Dence
Jan 26, 2021 1:38 AM
Jun 2020
Toxic fans, those who make fun of you for what you watch, how much you watch, etc.
It can mainly be seen with shipping and its sad to watch

Jan 26, 2021 1:42 AM
Jul 2018
The holier than thou attitude some people have over watching japanese cartoons, ngl.
Jan 26, 2021 1:47 AM

Aug 2017
Romaki26 said:
The holier than thou attitude some people have over watching japanese cartoons, ngl.

Like saying anime is superior??? Is that?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 26, 2021 2:03 AM

May 2020
Toxic people and lolicons... they suck
Jan 26, 2021 2:39 AM

Feb 2016
Dictating on how an anime should be.

Jan 26, 2021 3:41 AM

Aug 2020
HelProcks said:
Toxic people and lolicons... they suck

people that dont understand how sisters make the best wives
Jan 26, 2021 3:51 AM
Jun 2020
Pretentious fans who think any post NGE or Bebop show is trash
Jan 26, 2021 4:06 AM

Mar 2017
MAL forums & MAL community & MAL scores
Jan 26, 2021 4:16 AM

Jan 2020
-Fans who shit on ongoing anime too much while it wasn't really that bad ex Oregairu or Banter on Titan
- authoritarian moralist who use "illegal sites" argument while people criticizing badly written harem ecchi anime
- pretentious CGDCT fanbase who think they are adult and superior Compared to other fans
- edgelord weebs , you know.
TierraRobadaJan 26, 2021 4:24 AM
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Jan 26, 2021 4:27 AM

Jun 2012
The "This show is the best thing ever and you are wrong if you think otherwise" types.
Jan 26, 2021 4:38 AM

Jan 2014
The entire arguments about ratings and shows being mainstream blablabla. Watch what you want to watch, who the fuck cares about whether something has a high/low rating or is 'mainstream' decide for yourself.
Jan 26, 2021 5:56 AM
Nov 2019
gatekeeping omg or hating on a series just because it is popular, since it is popular for a reason !!
Jan 26, 2021 6:01 AM

Jun 2015
Elitism and placing importance on trivial bull like community scores and "good"/"bad" taste.
Jan 26, 2021 6:10 AM
Jun 2020
Peppa pig's hairline and her catssssssssss
Jan 26, 2021 6:20 AM

Jul 2016
I hate how taking anime seriously and enjoying it seriously have become fringe/cringe within the community. Don't get me wrong, liking anime has always been fringe/cringe and I don't have a problem with that. Anime is a niche interest. What gets me depressed though is seeing how much of the anime community is dominated by "ironic" fans and memelords.

Jan 26, 2021 6:43 AM

Mar 2017
I annoy me. I was FREE! FREE! Free, I tell you. Free from this website's social trappings. Then I came back and started joining the forums again.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Jan 26, 2021 6:56 AM

Aug 2016
People who unironically say "If anyone thinks anime is for kids I'll show them this anime"

Like bruh nobody cares what age you do anything stop pretending there's people that actually hold the believe that the whole medium is for kids. tbh it's more childish trying to argue about how it isn't for kids xd
Jan 26, 2021 7:36 AM

Dec 2016
What annoys me is the anime community
heh.
Jan 26, 2021 8:26 AM

Apr 2015
S0meWhere said:
1. People who completely disregard the entire storyline of the anime to go out of their way to sexualise a certain character while not even recognising or giving credit to that character's development, depth, complexities or backstory.

2. TOXIC SHIPPERS (looking @ you bnha fanbase)

5. Anyone that shits on people who enjoy watching anime in dub. Like bruh, let them be

1st is basically half the fans of Gridman, ignoring the cool robots / fights and just watching for Rika's thighs. And definitely agree on the other two, why does ever character have to be shipped? And third one is also something that heavily annoys me, been called "sub human" and "unintelligent" before here just because I don't always want to look at what's going and looking at what the characters are saying.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jan 26, 2021 8:30 AM
May 2020
RefreshNerves said:
Those fucking Eremika shippers, fucking incest supporters, they must be creep in real life

It's not incest... but still, toxic relationship af
Jan 26, 2021 8:31 AM
May 2020
I'm a weeb *has only watched Kakegurui, The Seven deadly sins and Naruto*
Jan 26, 2021 10:25 AM
Sep 2018
extreme affection toward cuteness........
Aditya Rahut
Jan 26, 2021 10:40 AM

Apr 2012
Oh, this is my favorite topic. Well, a lot of things.

1. Overly political folks, who are interested in any work primarily from the point of view of compliance with their political views.
2. Toxic shippers who try to impose their ships on other people or turn any anime discussion into a ship discussion. Especially those that provoke conflicts around other pairings or their supporters, for example, accusing everyone of homophobia who ship Momo with Todo, not with Jiro. Especially especially those who simplify the idea of any work to fantasizing that character X and character Y only interact because of their desire to fuck each other.
3. People who at first limit themselves to only one yuri, and therefore are forced to constantly convince others that one or another all-female title or title with the female lead is yuri, so that they can watch them. Especially if any such work interests them only from the point of view of yuri shipping.
4. Immature elitists who hate any hyped work because they are annoyed by hype and think that this makes them very selective experts in the eyes of other people.
5. Obsessed with shonen fujoshi, which turns the fandom of any popular male manga or anime into a girl club.
6. Idiots who seriously scold shonen for teen pandering or shoujo for handsome male characters. Bonus points if they constantly whine about the anime being made for kids.
7. SJW is among the major Western anime journalists who turn any major anime media into a Tumblr branch. Bonus points if they have high self-esteem and try to shut up anyone who expresses opinions they don't like.
8. Overly impressionable people who perceive any disagreement with them in the discussion of a particular anime as a personal attack. Bonus points for small children.

Fuf, it was a long time. Have I forgotten anyone?
Jan 26, 2021 11:48 AM

Apr 2012
katsucats said:
Lolabelle said:
People who judge others' personal life based on how they watch anime. Seriously, that's some olympic level mental gymnastics right there.
I mean like this is a good example right here. Can I judge things about someone's personal life if they keep Mein Kampf on their bookshelf? Or if someone has Bell Jar, can I at least assume they care about women's issues? If someone likes a lot of movies like V For Vendetta or Equilibrium or The Matrix, can I not assume that they have a distrust of government? You keep the Bible and Reasonable Faith by William Lane Craig by your bed stand, I can't assume that you are most likely a Christian?

I think anyone who thinks opinions are just opinions no matter what they are have some Olympic level mental gymnastics going on, and a dysfunctional view of reality. I feel like every adult should intuitively understand that what people like is direct evidence of who they are. If all you watch is shounen fight, then that says something about you and your values. If your favorite show is Steins;Gate, then that says something about your and your values. If you think rape and brutal subjugation is justified in revenge, then that says something about you and your values.

Okay, my lists, my favorites, etc. are open to anyone. Can you say something about me, for example?

Ryuk9428 said:
The fact that so many people here enjoy Japanese products and media yet have no respect for the culture that gave them these products they enjoy so much. Labeling it sexist, or homophobic, talking about what is problematic, or other type shit.

Oh, this is also my favorite. I still remember one dude on ANN texting me that the Japanese should accept refugees if they want to solve the fertility problem and that it definitely won't affect Japanese reality or even the anime itself.
RobertBobertJan 26, 2021 12:02 PM
Jan 26, 2021 11:53 AM

Jul 2015
People who judge others based on what they watch. Everyone has different tastes. I don't go out of my way to bash someone, say if they are a huge SAO fan. I am not a big fan of the series, but it is awesome for those who are. That is what makes MAL fun to me. You get to meet people with different tastes than you.

Jan 26, 2021 11:55 AM
May 2017
I get tired of people being overly argumentative when posting in forums, but then again I suppose that's just the internet being the internet.
Jan 26, 2021 12:29 PM

Mar 2019
RobertBobert said:
katsucats said:

Okay, my lists, my favorites, etc. are open to anyone. Can you say something about me, for example?

Ryuk9428 said:
The fact that so many people here enjoy Japanese products and media yet have no respect for the culture that gave them these products they enjoy so much. Labeling it sexist, or homophobic, talking about what is problematic, or other type shit.

Oh, this is also my favorite. I still remember one dude on ANN texting me that the Japanese should accept refugees if they want to solve the fertility problem and that it definitely won't affect Japanese reality or even the anime itself.

They're literally telling the Japanese to go cuck themselves. Its unbelievable.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2021 1:05 PM

Oct 2020
MALers

okay but for real, Fans who Gatekeep

Jan 26, 2021 1:48 PM

May 2018
Kamakura-senpai said:
People who judge others based on what they watch. Everyone has different tastes. I don't go out of my way to bash someone, say if they are a huge SAO fan. I am not a big fan of the series, but it is awesome for those who are. That is what makes MAL fun to me. You get to meet people with different tastes than you.

^^^all of this

- people who think your taste must be shit if you don't like FLCL, Lain, NGE, you know what others
- people who send death threats to the author because they didn't like a chapter or ending
- toxic shippers
> fujoshis sending death threats or calling others in the community homophobic if they don't ship a gay ship
- those who spam the comments section of a user who wrote a review that didn't match with their opinion
> usually the review is on-point
- those who judge others based on their anime ratings
Jan 26, 2021 1:57 PM

Apr 2012
Ryuk9428 said:
RobertBobert said:

They're literally telling the Japanese to go cuck themselves. Its unbelievable.

I bet that if this guy said it publicly in Japan, it would cause a scandal and he would be accused of racism.
Jan 26, 2021 1:58 PM

Jul 2016
What annoys me is the lack of viewership that older anime get and the fact that people don't band together to promote older anime.

(Earlier than 2010.)
Jan 26, 2021 2:06 PM

Nov 2019
I don't find anything annoying, I never cared about knowing or trying to find what annoys me in anime community.
Jan 26, 2021 2:58 PM
Oct 2020
People asking when Mugen Train will air in the west.
Jan 26, 2021 3:03 PM

May 2015
People who cant differentiate anime and manga from real life
Jan 26, 2021 3:36 PM
Jul 2018
The lolicon=pedophilia debate, both sides of it annoy me and are pretty stupid, the lolicons who deny all relations it has to pedophilia and the other side who think it's a bad thing. And also the western fanbase, or alteast the newer western fans who forget this media comes from japan and doesn't have to go by broken western societal morals and the other insane shit westoids get mad at, Japan is based, let's keep it that way ;)
Jan 26, 2021 4:08 PM

Aug 2018
CerealExperiLain said:
The lolicon=pedophilia debate, both sides of it annoy me and are pretty stupid, the lolicons who deny all relations it has to pedophilia and the other side who think it's a bad thing. And also the western fanbase, or alteast the newer western fans who forget this media comes from japan and doesn't have to go by broken western societal morals and the other insane shit westoids get mad at, Japan is based, let's keep it that way ;)

Well your comment being right before mine is pretty ironic because what irritates me in the anime community is when there's a ship where the age difference is creepy and people state their opinion on it/their opinion on some lolicon content and they're called an SJW colonizing westerner trying to force western morals in anime and manga. I agree there are people that take it too far and act like Japan needs to go bow down to them and do whatever the west does, but just going "I am creeped out by that 16-year-old dating that 11 year old" or "I do not like the loli fetish " shouldn't automatically equal to being an SJW, just like how liking lolis doesn't automatically make you a real life future pedophile. However, if you're trying to get a show canceled and try to criminalize real life people over fictional ships then yeah you need to get over yourself.

(Also I love your lain pfp)
OsumareJan 26, 2021 4:32 PM
"Of what worth is a king who fails to protect the powerless?" —Saber, Fate/Zero
Jan 26, 2021 5:39 PM

Sep 2016
Nothing in particular. I enjoy going through MAL forums while taking a break from studying.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good?

arinthach - 5 hours ago

22 by WatchTillTandava »»
13 minutes ago

» Is there an extension that helps you fully block someone?

APolygons2 - 3 hours ago

17 by APolygons2 »»
22 minutes ago

» Light novel adaptation and boring ending

Ri-KoRin - 37 minutes ago

1 by W3TFT »»
30 minutes ago

» What old anime could become popular today?

W3TFT - 6 hours ago

10 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

64 by FZREMAKE »»
47 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.