Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 26, 2021 3:26 PM

Aug 2020
your lie in april
devilman crybaby - planning to rewatch at soon

i did finish both of them but your lie in april just felt so predictable and i found myself getting bored during most episodes. i think the first 12 episodes would have been good enough but i felt that it went on for way too long.

BUNNY GIRL SENPAI

i have way too much to say about it but yeah i didn't like it lol

jump....I SAID JUMP

Jan 26, 2021 3:31 PM
Jan 2021
idk tbh for me it wus bleach it just didn't interest me but its just my opinion ik a lot of ppl like it.
Jan 26, 2021 3:33 PM

Aug 2016
No.

If I'm not enjoying it its not good (imo) so the answer is no.
Jan 26, 2021 4:36 PM
Feb 2016
seirei no morbito... I kept hearing that it was good but I couldn`t get through it. The show was so boring to me I`m sorry :(((((((((((( I don`t even remember anything about it because it`s been so long since I watched it. Another hot take was that I didn`t love gurren lagenn. I still liked it, but definitely not as much as everyone else did

0.o
Jan 26, 2021 4:39 PM

Apr 2020
smallasiangirl said:
A "good" anime is what I define as something extremely well regarded by anime watchers, for example, Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion, Nozoki Aya, etc.

I hated Cowboy Bebop sm, i can see a little bit why people love it so much but for me it was so boring :( i really wanted to appreciate it but i got tired and almost dropped it.
Jan 26, 2021 4:43 PM
Aug 2018
ArcueidBestGirl said:
JoJo Part 3

Everyone says that this part was better than the previous 2, but I just can't see it. Characters had less depth and the fights were more boring compared to its predecessors.

Totally agree with you. SDC is a massive letdown coming off the no-brakes hype train bar that Battle Tendency set, going to an episodic, almost downright comedic long haul was a big turn off. Things pick up a little in terms of quality with DIU and even more so with GW but SDC is easily one of the weakest parts IMO.
Jan 26, 2021 6:44 PM

Dec 2020
help, I dont enjoy Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan.
Jan 27, 2021 1:36 AM

Nov 2018
jojo p5

it was so overhyped
i watched it and just didnt rlly like it
i thought that shit was going to be the best thing there is out there

but i loved p4 soooo much more, just because noone talks about it
i didnt have the expectation of it being a masterpiece
and it was

jjba p4 is slept on and p5 is overhyped
Jan 27, 2021 1:49 AM

Jun 2017
Your lie in April. I can see why people like it. I appreciated the depiction of the main character's struggles. But I really didn't like how the other drama was handled.
Jan 27, 2021 1:55 AM
Dec 2019
Re:Zero i'm like entirely lost on the story line.
Everyone seems eagerly waiting for every next episode, and i'm not.

i'm still watching it to find it engaging enough to go on with the series, otherwise i'll drop the series after this season.
Jan 27, 2021 9:42 AM

Apr 2018
I almost fell asleep during Totoro. That's a big accomplishment.
Jan 27, 2021 9:49 AM

Apr 2017
Definitely Spirited Away, just couldn't really get into it. Don't like how hyped up Miyazaki's works are, outside of Mononoke Hime and Hotaru no Haka I've been thoroughly disappointed.

Jan 27, 2021 9:51 AM

Apr 2019
ArcueidBestGirl said:
JoJo Part 3

Everyone says that this part was better than the previous 2, but I just can't see it. Characters had less depth and the fights were more boring compared to its predecessors.
I also got bored watching it. It felt repetitive.

Jan 27, 2021 9:52 AM

Apr 2017
DfDaxz said:
Does My Hero Academia counts? It got 8+ rating on almost, if not all of MHA titles.
I'm still watching it as of writing this post, and I didn't continue watching because I wanted to. I did it because one of my friend thinks that it will get better. I mean, I'm on Season 4 rn, where's the "better" part that he means? It's just a normal Shounen with normal Shounen plot. But hey, at least some of the characters and the powers are interesting.

I dropped it a few episodes into season 2, I'd rather watch paint dry literally.

Jan 27, 2021 9:54 AM

Jul 2019
JOJO part 3, especially season one..
Jan 27, 2021 10:04 AM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
For some reason I dislike most of the "elitist" shows.. maybe I'm just too used to average Anime lol

Examples:
Monogatari series
Monster
Sangatsu no Lion
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Stein's Gate

Didn't like any of those. I'd rather watch seasonal trash to be honest.
Jan 27, 2021 12:53 PM

Oct 2020
Meriu said:
For some reason I dislike most of the "elitist" shows.. maybe I'm just too used to average Anime lol

Examples:
Monogatari series
Monster
Sangatsu no Lion
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Stein's Gate

Uhhh... this is a new sight to me. A person who prefers trash rather than gold. Trash digger may I say? Well, could u please tell me some of your the best of the worst titles that you've watched? I'm curious, and if I didn't know one or two of it, I'll definitely watch it.

"ꜱᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴜɴɪᴛᴇᴅ, ɪᴛ'ꜱ ʙᴀʀʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ɴᴏ ᴅᴏᴏʀ..." -Aigis
Jan 27, 2021 4:13 PM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
DfDaxz said:
Meriu said:

Examples:
Monogatari series
Monster
Sangatsu no Lion
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Stein's Gate

Uhhh... this is a new sight to me. A person who prefers trash rather than gold. Trash digger may I say? Well, could u please tell me some of your the best of the worst titles that you've watched? I'm curious, and if I didn't know one or two of it, I'll definitely watch it.

Lmfao, I would if I could think of anything that wouldn't disappoint you LOL.
Most of the trashy shows I like feature ecchi elements, so maybe something like Isekai Maou, but looking over your list you seem to rate Anime rather harshly compared to me, especially when it comes to Ecchi trash. A chill world with no drama and some waifus can be enough to please me sometimes.
But there's also trash I hate, like Black Clover or Isekai Smartphone.(heard Black Clover got better but I'm not gonna sit through 100 eps to reach that point)
Maybe it's the waifus, maybe it's the laid-back plot, I can't tell.
But some of the highly rated Anime I mentioned previously seem to have more complex plot than the shows I enjoy, so that might be the decisive factor.
I do enjoy a good Shounen series like Jujutsu Kaisen, but again it doesn't have deep plot so that might be why.

Sorry I let you down. :(
I'm just a pervert on a mission. Don't watch what I enjoy lmao

Edit: Kumo desu ga is trashy fun, maybe you feel like looking into that one (it's currently airing).

Jan 27, 2021 10:03 PM

Oct 2020
Meriu said:
DfDaxz said:

Most of the trashy shows I like feature ecchi elements, so maybe something like Isekai Maou, but looking over your list you seem to rate Anime rather harshly compared to me, especially when it comes to Ecchi trash. A chill world with no drama and some waifus can be enough to please me sometimes.
But there's also trash I hate, like Black Clover or Isekai Smartphone.(heard Black Clover got better but I'm not gonna sit through 100 eps to reach that point)
But some of the highly rated Anime I mentioned previously seem to have more complex plot than the shows I enjoy, so that might be the decisive factor.
I do enjoy a good Shounen series like Jujutsu Kaisen, but again it doesn't have deep plot so that might be why.

Edit: Kumo desu ga is trashy fun, maybe you feel like looking into that one (it's currently airing).

So you're the kind of person who just enjoys an anime without some real explanations. Just plain enjoying it then?. If so, then that's completely normal. Me myself has gone through that phase. Now I kinda feel like I'm turning into an elitist myself without realizing it even tho I hated that kind of person.

For the anime you recommend to me (Kumo desu ga, nani ka?), I'll definitely watch it. Judging by your habit of watching "trash" show, I trust you that this'll be a good one. I even trust that this anime will be my next "guilty pleasure". Thx mate

"ꜱᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴜɴɪᴛᴇᴅ, ɪᴛ'ꜱ ʙᴀʀʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ɴᴏ ᴅᴏᴏʀ..." -Aigis
Jan 27, 2021 11:18 PM

Dec 2019
Oh yeah lol. I remember "Your lie in april" being praised to high hell back when it came out. I recently watched it and could not stand it lmao
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."
-Kino's Journey
Jan 28, 2021 9:37 AM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
DfDaxz said:
Meriu said:

So you're the kind of person who just enjoys an anime without some real explanations. Just plain enjoying it then?. If so, then that's completely normal. Me myself has gone through that phase. Now I kinda feel like I'm turning into an elitist myself without realizing it even tho I hated that kind of person.

For the anime you recommend to me (Kumo desu ga, nani ka?), I'll definitely watch it. Judging by your habit of watching "trash" show, I trust you that this'll be a good one. I even trust that this anime will be my next "guilty pleasure". Thx mate

I've been watching Anime for a decade and tried watching most elitist shows, so I can't tell if I will ever "evolve" lmao. I think it's a little different in my case. I'd say I enjoy Anime that don't or barely need explanations.
Don't expect too much my dude. There's some CGI and not all viewers were fond of that, but it's well done. Can't even compare it to Arifureta levels of CGI so it didn't irritate me.
Jan 28, 2021 9:41 AM

Sep 2020
FMA:B
Didn't feel mature and dark as many described it when I googled whether I should watch it. Too much comedy and comedic moments at inappropriate times (middle of the serious battle for example).
Feb 12, 2021 4:47 AM

Sep 2015
Gintama and Monster, even though both are good, considered even by me, both of them I dropped due to being repetitive. I feel like they are the kind of anime to watch one episode per week to satisfy this peculiar part of your brain, which doesn't fit me since I usually binge watch. Or sometimes I think I'm just retarded and that's why.. There were quite a few times I ended up recommending both of them to others though.

you've taught me how to breathe again

Feb 12, 2021 6:15 AM

Aug 2020
It would be steins; gate, the first half was very boring, and the second half well ... I improved a lot, but it also became boring at times, although I think I understand why he is the top 3 of the best qualified, okabe is a great protagonist, The characters are nice and it was very complex and well done, there were things in the anime that I did not understand but it must have been because I did not pay much attention, but I know that it must have an answer because it does not have any plot hole. The answer that has disappointed me a little is its very slow pace.
(I saw the movie memento yesterday and it reminded me of steins; gate, they look a bit alike, right?)
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
Feb 12, 2021 6:19 AM

Nov 2020
Mob Psycho. I found Reigen very cringe which made it pretty hard to keep watching
The message seemed generic
Feb 12, 2021 6:21 AM
Sep 2014
I skipped the last 3 Episodes of Serial Experiment Lain because i couldn't take it anymore.
Feb 12, 2021 12:55 PM

Oct 2020
Yeah twice. Anohana and Spirited away, in which I watched both with my cousin. We both thought they were underwhelming considering the hype for both. Though I did see why people regard them both as really good anime, I just didn't mess wit em.

Dred aka Dredly aka Kami-Sama
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Why is netorare so hated? ( 1 2 )

Je-suis-lui - Apr 9

58 by FanofAction »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

81 by PostMahouShoujo »»
11 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good?

arinthach - 11 hours ago

30 by jieanteater »»
11 minutes ago

» Is there an extension that helps you fully block someone?

APolygons2 - 9 hours ago

21 by APolygons2 »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 2 hours ago

9 by jieanteater »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.