Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2021 1:41 PM

Aug 2017
where is yamato btw?
Jan 24, 2021 3:14 PM

Feb 2015
The episode was okay. The fight was really boring tho, which is suprising considering this reboot seems to prioritize the fight scenes over everything else. The episode was also visually uninteresting cause the landscape was as plain as could be.

I liked:
- I really like that they gave Patamon a way to fight without bringing out Angemon, especially cause it seems to be even more of a deus-ex-machina in this reboot than in the original. Pegasmon looks cool and is really fitting... too bad they didn't bother to make its appearance make sense
- Tailmon is finally here, yay

I disliked:
- what the hell is wrong with Hikari in this reboot? She's about to be sacrificed and the enemy tries to kill her brother and she's floating there and smiling like "cool stuff dude". She cared more about this random light (she couldn't know it was Tailmon) than her own family and then she suddenly cares again, because she "believed in him"? Huh?
- I'm kinda sad that @Skyguardian wasn't right with his theory of Tailmon being Dark Maildramon cause that would've been really cool and a great idea imo

While the Hikari rescue arc in this was definitely way worse then the one in the original, it was an improvement to the previuos episodes imo. The next episode also looks interesting (the scenery looks really nice!), so I hope it keeps improving from here on.
Hopefully the kids will reunite soon.

Edit: I'm slowly starting to believe the "the kids are the same as in the og, but lost their memories" theory too btw. The way Tailmon talked to Hikari would fit into that narrative.
StormxNightmareJan 24, 2021 3:17 PM
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Jan 24, 2021 5:12 PM

May 2008
What @StormxNightmare said about Hikari, I must echo. But, y'know, more passionately. Her character is an even worse plot device than before and I dunno they managed to do it, but they did. She literally has nothing to her than her maybe special ability. Worst yet, we're supposed to feel tense with the whole fight and the courage Taichi displays to save his little sister except...

SHE WENT HER "KIDNAPPER"! Not once did she complain about the situation. Not once did she even THINK about her brother. Not once did she worried over, well, anything. Not once did she try to reassure or signal she believed in Taichi until it was mandatory to give him the spotlight. Not once did she even hint at that the one who was calling her was inside Skullknightmon.

The reboot didn't even TRY to attempt the set-up or foreshadowng for any of this.

So low effort that I found myself more pissed I had to watch this when Mimi's side-adventure looks more exciting.

Speaking of... wtf is this reboot doing? We're gonna get another motherf-ing episode with Taichi and Sora (+ Takeru and now, Hikari) so Tailmon can evolve, but what about the other three? Is this reboot ever going to have them meet up with the others? Or meet up together? Or do much of anything without the plot demanding it? Isn't Yamato supposed to be the co-protag? Does Jyou's character have purpose?

Is Taichi just gonna have batches of episodes with each CC separately before the finale? But it's sure looking like it.
Jan 24, 2021 5:25 PM

Feb 2015
Sakarii said:
Speaking of... wtf is this reboot doing? We're gonna get another motherf-ing episode with Taichi and Sora (+ Takeru and now, Hikari) so Tailmon can evolve, but what about the other three? Is this reboot ever going to have them meet up with the others? Or meet up together? Or do much of anything without the plot demanding it? Isn't Yamato supposed to be the co-protag? Does Jyou's character have purpose?

Is Taichi just gonna have batches of episodes with each CC separately before the finale? But it's sure looking like it.

To be fair, it's not like Sora has been getting much spotlight or anything at all. She didn't even have an episode centered around her like Takeru had last week. She just joined Taichi to be in the background (and eliminate the less important enemies) while he does all the actual fighting/important stuff.
It's still better than what Yamato/Mimi/Koushiro/Jyou are getting ofc, but it's still extremely underwhelming. Sora has always been my favorite character (I know you don't really like her haha), but she's so boring in this reboot (and Piyomon/Birdramon is just... useless? She always has to evolve into Garudamon to even get anything done at all and I'm so angry cause of that) :x
StormxNightmareJan 24, 2021 5:29 PM
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Jan 24, 2021 6:33 PM

Mar 2018
I was assuming stopping Milleniummon from ressurecting would be its own arc, but if Taichi can beat super duper DarkKnightmon and almost-revived MoonMilleniummon in one hit then where do we even go from there?
The Rogers at the end going "aw, how lame" was hilarious.
Jan 24, 2021 8:34 PM

May 2008
StormxNightmare said:
To be fair, it's not like Sora has been getting much spotlight or anything at all. She didn't even have an episode centered around her like Takeru had last week. She just joined Taichi to be in the background (and eliminate the less important enemies) while he does all the actual fighting/important stuff.
It's still better than what Yamato/Mimi/Koushiro/Jyou are getting ofc, but it's still extremely underwhelming. Sora has always been my favorite character (I know you don't really like her haha), but she's so boring in this reboot (and Piyomon/Birdramon is just... useless? She always has to evolve into Garudamon to even get anything done at all and I'm so angry cause of that) :x

Takeru's ep was an evolution ep, tho. Both times Takeru had spotlight was related to evolution, if I remembering right. And wasn't Yamato more or less doing the same thing before he got ditched? xD Koushiro, too in the beginning. In fairness to Sora, she isn't the outliner this time around.

I totally understand! I don't think Mimi nor Jyou'll have any special role beyond being Taichi's side-jig if they get a chance. I'm just seeing a recent pattern of Taichi + secondary character who helps him out. Sadly, we're pretty much at the point where they're ditching anything pre-Perfect. How they're beefing up Garudamon, at the expense of the other forms, remains me of how the anime beefed up Metalgreymon - maybe Sora's Ultimate ep is soon.
Jan 25, 2021 11:41 AM
Oct 2019
Okay Hikari quest is over...
I didn't like it...
Now please give others kids more screen time, Toei...
Jan 28, 2021 2:28 PM
Jul 2018
finally taichi found a hikari.
Jan 31, 2021 10:13 AM

Jul 2008
So no Gatomon as the villain arc this go around, sweet.

And are the other digidestined ever going to show up again?

Feb 7, 2021 10:28 AM

Feb 2021
StormxNightmare said:
Sakarii said:

I agree, sora felt so relatable in digimon 1999, she was a nice kid with some mother issues and then later she overcome that cuz she realized her mother care for her, thereford she really was worthy of the love emblem... here, she is nothing... she is a background character for taichi adventure , what was even the porpuse of this remake if is going to be taichi alone doing everthing ?
Feb 25, 2021 11:08 AM

Jan 2021
Oh they finally met. So it seems Tailmon was kinda like a "corrupted" Digimon or something that's why she turned into Darkknightmon and the main reason why Hikari doesn't seem afraid at all of her.

Looks like next episode is gonna be Angewomon time.
Hound-of-MALFeb 25, 2021 11:12 AM
Feb 11, 2022 1:21 PM

Feb 2020
This whole Hikari rescue arc was a little strange, but oh well.

It's good to see Tailmon again. =^_^=

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 58 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

20 by StormxNightmare »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 57 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

24 by StormxNightmare »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

26 by StormxNightmare »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 55 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

34 by StormxNightmare »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 54 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2021

23 by StormxNightmare »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.