Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 23, 2021 11:08 AM
Jul 2018
I've always been a casual anime fan, I used to watch whatever series I saw being talked about outside of the anime community, I've recently gotten into the community a bit more and while I wasn't having this issue until very recently

I feel like all the anime recommendations I've been gathering on my PTW has been overwhelming me more and more, to the point where I have no idea what to watch next now

do you guys have a way to deal with this? or do you just pick at random? any help or tips would be appreciated
Jan 23, 2021 11:11 AM

Nov 2020
Always there is one show interesting left to see, dont give up you sure have one show you must like.. for example im watching monster an anime i was thinking it was bad but i think im enjoying it. Dont give up bruhhh

Jan 23, 2021 11:13 AM

Nov 2018
sometimes i accidentally saw a random clip that posted on twt or youtube. and I immediately check the shows rather than the titles that been compiling on my PTW list.
Jan 23, 2021 11:13 AM
Nov 2019
I watch anime by the things I like. If I want a good Soundtrack I watch an anime where a composer I like is doing the music or watch all the anime the composer has worked on.
If I want a good story or good direction I take a director I liked and maybe watch all of them.
If I want good animation I watch an anime by a studio I like.
If I want good character development/acting I look at the reviews of anime where someone gave the character a score of 10/10.
If I want enjoyment I just rewatch some of my favourite series.
Jan 23, 2021 12:00 PM

Jan 2016
You can roll off of your ptw like me. Just go to your ptw and it'll pick one.

Link
Jan 23, 2021 12:02 PM

Sep 2020
Totally get what you mean there, I sometimes get overwhelmed by mine too. I've found myself using it a bit less for that reason, and instead going with any show that catches your eye. It could be from watching a YouTube clip, a nice piece of promotional art, the name of the show, or maybe even just pure instinct. To be honest, there are only around 3 or 4 shows in my PTW that I'm actually planning to watch next.

Part of my reason, and also my other suggestion, is to try to switch up the genres you're watching a bit. Recently, I've been watching a lot of slice of lifes and I'm worrying that I'm more so grinding them out instead of fully enjoying them. For that reason, I'm gonna watch a show like Death Note when I'm done with the show I'm currently on (Ouran Koukou Host Club) to switch it up a bit. Adding variety to what you're watching may help.

I hope this helps you out a bit! If you'd like, I can give some suggestions to you for what you should watch next as well.
watch this and your dick (or vagayna) will literally blow off with the sheer amount of force and momentum created by inertia and Einsteins second law :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXJuefY2tG1lB9q7QaFJQLQ
Jan 23, 2021 12:02 PM

Feb 2013
my suggestion is to sort ptw by last update, and watch the oldest anime there first

which in your case is B: The Beginning

also all but 2 of your anime were added in january 2021 >_> i also strongly suggest to trim down your ptw, and not to add 482 days worth of anime to ptw in less than a month ever again
100 should be a more manageable number
Jan 23, 2021 12:10 PM
Jul 2018
romagia said:
my suggestion is to sort ptw by last update, and watch the oldest anime there first

which in your case is B: The Beginning

also all but 2 of your anime were added in january 2021 >_> i also strongly suggest to trim down your ptw, and not to add 482 days worth of anime to ptw in less than a month ever again
100 should be a more manageable number

I was just going through a shit ton of recommendation lists there haha, actually, I mainly did that to not forget the existance of those shows, so id say 75% of them or more are just there to remind me of them so I can watch them on the far future when/if Ive exhausted all my options

I obviously plan to watch the more acclaimed stuff first, but even then is a large ass list.
Jan 23, 2021 12:12 PM

May 2018
I watch 5 to 10 shows at the same time and choose which to watch right now depending on the current mood. If I don't have mood, I put a show on hold and wait for another time.
This is how I choose: I start watching first episodes of several random shows until I find the proper one. While other are going to on-hold or being dropped.

Jan 23, 2021 12:13 PM
Jul 2018
gopadres19 said:
Totally get what you mean there, I sometimes get overwhelmed by mine too. I've found myself using it a bit less for that reason, and instead going with any show that catches your eye. It could be from watching a YouTube clip, a nice piece of promotional art, the name of the show, or maybe even just pure instinct. To be honest, there are only around 3 or 4 shows in my PTW that I'm actually planning to watch next.

Part of my reason, and also my other suggestion, is to try to switch up the genres you're watching a bit. Recently, I've been watching a lot of slice of lifes and I'm worrying that I'm more so grinding them out instead of fully enjoying them. For that reason, I'm gonna watch a show like Death Note when I'm done with the show I'm currently on (Ouran Koukou Host Club) to switch it up a bit. Adding variety to what you're watching may help.

I hope this helps you out a bit! If you'd like, I can give some suggestions to you for what you should watch next as well.

I find myself always having at least 1 slice of life and 1 plot based show at a time and I watch it depending on the mood that I am in for the day, so genre exhaustion isnt really an issue :/

But go ahead, im always open for suggestions!
Jan 23, 2021 12:13 PM

Jun 2020
I make a plan of what I want to watch with a short-term goal in mind. And if I deviate from the plan then I'm still enjoying myself
Jan 23, 2021 12:33 PM

May 2018
Here is what I do: whenever I see someone talking about an interesting anime or find one browsing, I add it to my plan to watch list. This way, whenever I'm unsure what to watch I use a randomizer to pick for me.
https://spin.moe/
Jan 23, 2021 12:38 PM

Sep 2020
thiago2103 said:
gopadres19 said:

I find myself always having at least 1 slice of life and 1 plot based show at a time and I watch it depending on the mood that I am in for the day, so genre exhaustion isnt really an issue :/

But go ahead, im always open for suggestions!

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya: If you liked the main series, you'll probably like this too. Probably the best film I've ever seen.

Kokoro Connect: Great drama/romance that can be real sad sometimes. Also one of the more dramatic shows I've ever watched tbh.

Serial Experiments Lain: I consider Lain an absolute must-watch. I don't want to say anything else about it to keep the rest a surprise.

Ms. Kobayashi's Dragon Maid: Just a very fun slice of life. In all honestly there's not much else to it.

Love, Chuunibyou, and Other Delusions: A fun romance show by Kyoto Animation, the movie is amazing too.

Again, hoping this helps!
watch this and your dick (or vagayna) will literally blow off with the sheer amount of force and momentum created by inertia and Einsteins second law :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXJuefY2tG1lB9q7QaFJQLQ
Jan 23, 2021 12:40 PM

Nov 2020
i try to restrict what i add to my ptw, that way i don't get too overwhelmed. typically, i keep it to shows i've heard people talking about and things that i think are essential classics to watch. it's really easy to fall down the rabbit hole of adding everything that looks interesting, so i find that only adding specific shows really helps me stay motivated to watch. also, stopping yourself from adding anything until you watch a certain amount on your list is really helpful!
Jan 23, 2021 1:05 PM

Nov 2015
It might help if you used spin.moe for your list. It will choose a show for you completely at random from your list. But you can also specify certain things like the Type, airing status, episode length, genre and rating, and if you use it on your PTW, Watch Priority. It even works with other sites like Anilist.
Jan 23, 2021 1:14 PM

Aug 2018
What I do is pick out the top 5 shows you want to watch in your PTW list and make a note of it somewhere. Then, slowly go through each one in any order with the comfort of knowing you can watch the next one right after you finish the current one.
Jan 23, 2021 1:15 PM

Dec 2015
Why not just delete every show you have in you'r PW list.

Add a bunch of friends.

And just pick one random show they have in their favorites.

Even if i got like 400 shows in my PW, I never pick one of those.

Jan 23, 2021 1:29 PM

Nov 2020
I used to watch whatever was talked about to but now it’s really hard for me to pick a new show also. When idk what to watch next I either watch the long running show I started (RN it’s One Piece) or I scroll through My watch list and see what intrest me.
If there's a hole there's a goal-Master Oogway
Jan 23, 2021 1:33 PM
Aug 2017
here you go
https://myanimelist.net/topanime.php
now just either pick all anime, most popular or most favourited as others are mostly per season or newest and not in genreal all anime.
Jan 23, 2021 1:34 PM
Jul 2018
honestly you should pick the show in your PTW you're the most curious or interested about, if you've seen some clips, the opening or a cool character...
Jan 23, 2021 2:19 PM

Feb 2020
I started a lot of anime because I thought the opening looked interesting or I liked the song. If you don't watch Anime Opening Quizzes on Youtube, that might be a good way to get interested in new shows.
Another thing I did was go through every season on livechart.me and mark everything that looked interesting as "considering" and everything else as "skipping". It was very time-consuming and I'm continuously editing it when I learn of hidden gems for example, but it really puts into perspective which anime exist, and I always have multiple shows on my mind that I'm eager to watch but hold off on because I don't want to watch too many at the same time.
Then I also cut my MAL-PTW-list down to only sequels of anime that I watched. Not seeing a 100+ PTW-list every day helps not being overwhelmed by it, I think.
Jan 23, 2021 2:40 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
You could join an anime challenge to trim down your PTW. Usually challenges have requirements like specific genres or themes. You could also use a random number generator to decide what to watch next.
Jan 23, 2021 2:41 PM

Jul 2020
there is always something to see. If you think you have finished all of the mainstream shows that you have an interest in, try to dig for hidden gems or looks for recommendations on the recommendations board.

More topics from this board

» Light novel adaptation and boring ending

Ri-KoRin - 1 hour ago

3 by Ri-KoRin »»
4 minutes ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - 35 minutes ago

1 by Lhundrup »»
4 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good?

arinthach - 6 hours ago

26 by BlueBullet178 »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - 7 hours ago

15 by Jonas-K »»
11 minutes ago

» What old anime could become popular today?

W3TFT - 7 hours ago

11 by Ten »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.