Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 22, 2021 11:50 AM

Feb 2015
Can't believe they wasted 1 minute and 45 seconds on Toudou's "dream"...

Like too often in shounen anime, feels like almost nothing happened in the episode. We already knew the other school students were going to try killing Itadori and were going to fail at it, and it was totally obvious Itadori was going to fight Toudou, since these two characters are the dumbest and strongest boys around when it comes to fight with fists. And like everytime with these kinds of fight, it was just dull. Big punches and air explosions or whatever don't make me feel excitement anymore.

At least, judging from next episode preview it seems the other characters will be having a little action too, and I expect to see nice things hopefully. And by "nice things", I mean interesting powers/techniques used in an interesting, preferably strategical fashion, and not senseless beating like we saw in this episode.

On a more positive note, the blue-haired girl confirms that she is a nice girl. Too bad she's in the other school and not in the protagonists' one.
Jan 22, 2021 11:52 AM

Jun 2019
"A tall woman with a big ass" - Itadori Yuuji 2021
Jan 22, 2021 11:53 AM

Apr 2020
Todo with the Question! The imaginary memory scene was done so well, XD. Now it will no longer be Todo vs Yuji but Todo training Yuji lol.

Nobara vs Nishimya will be hilarious. Can't wait.
Amazing episode.

Juju Stroll was really sweet. Miwa has a chance lol.
The preview had my fav fight Panda vs

--AbiSa--
Jan 22, 2021 11:56 AM

Aug 2020
Finally got to see Toudou vs Itadori. Sweet!
Jan 22, 2021 11:59 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So the Kyoto Sister School Exchange Event kicks off with a fight between Itadori and Toudou. The two of them become fast friends during the fight, but the other students from the Kyoto school tried to kill Itadori by surrounding him. Fortunately, Toudou told those guys to fuck off and focus on the competition.
Jan 22, 2021 11:59 AM

Apr 2013
Based MAPPA with the sakuga. The storyboarding could’ve been improved a little to make scenes more fluid going back and forth but otherwise great start to this arc. I can already tell the upcoming fights will be highly enjoyable

The made up flashback with Todo crying.. right in the feels besto friendo. Also we finally got to enjoy the best bromance in its animated form with a quick peek of Todo’s technique through sound but being used offscreen 👏👏.
Jan 22, 2021 12:01 PM

Jun 2019
This arc is looking pretty good so far. The fight between Itadori and Toudou was pretty fluid so far and Toudou’s imagined sequence was pretty funny. Now that the groups are paired up next episode should be a treat too.
Jan 22, 2021 12:02 PM

Apr 2011
Another amazing episode.

The start of a great friendship starts here!

Jan 22, 2021 12:07 PM

Apr 2015
Toudo Vs Itadori was pretty great. It was to no surprise that Toudou was gonna ask Itadori about his prefered woman and he now thinks they are besties. Toudou is such a meathead, but a very strong one.

Can't wait to see this battle progress, some nice battles seem to be coming up!

Nishimiya on the broom instantly reminded me of Elaina when she said that she was so cute again today.

Jujutsu stroll was amazing with Miwa and Gojou stealing it once again!!
Jan 22, 2021 12:07 PM

Jul 2017
bruh maybe toudou x yuji was the OTP all along. Yuuji is the next Tomoda-kun :P

regardless, seems like it's gonna be individual fights before what I presume the baddies gonna invade, where I feel like the actual cool fighting will happen. Don't think any of these fights currently are gonna come anywhere near the one against Mahito, but I would like to be proven wrong lmao
Jan 22, 2021 12:08 PM

Mar 2016
@KANLen09

What I really love about this show is how practical and fluid the fight choreography is. Mostly pure martial arts techniques and moves, nothing particularly exaggerated at all. Sure, there's the supernatural powers with the cursed energy and stuff, but for the most part, the action composition has impressive consistency. Additionally, the anime isn't trying to hurry up with things, either. Sure, some segments could've been a tad bit shorter, but the show clearly isn't trying to rush to the good parts.

The blend of comedy and seriousness also feels much better here than in the gray inconsistent display from Demon Slayer, imho, even though the comedy IS still quite hit or miss. Nothing overbearing, nothing half-assed, nothing hamfisted. It's not perfect, of course, but it's been nice and steady so far. Most other shounen nowadays don't do enough of this.
Jan 22, 2021 12:11 PM
Dec 2018
It's getting better with each episode. I can't wait
Jan 22, 2021 12:22 PM

Apr 2013
Short_Circut said:
Don't think any of these fights currently are gonna come anywhere near the one against Mahito, but I would like to be proven wrong lmao
The first Mahito fight will be surpassed this arc..
Jan 22, 2021 12:24 PM

Sep 2020
What Toudou imagined had me laughing the whole time, I can't wait to see what he teaches Itadori. It seems like the beginning of a beautiful friendship, I couldn't wait for the two to meet after both have clearly said what their favorite type was.

Jan 22, 2021 12:34 PM

Apr 2018
I love that flashback when Itadori said his ideal woman, it was funny. Fantastic episode.

The ED song is so good.
Jan 22, 2021 12:34 PM

Feb 2015
EckhartPilgrim said:

Like too often in shounen anime, feels like almost nothing happened in the episode. We already knew the other school students were going to try killing Itadori and were going to fail at it, and it was totally obvious Itadori was going to fight Toudou, since these two characters are the dumbest and strongest boys around when it comes to fight with fists. And like everytime with these kinds of fight, it was just dull. Big punches and air explosions or whatever don't make me feel excitement anymore.

At least, judging from next episode preview it seems the other characters will be having a little action too, and I expect to see nice things hopefully. And by "nice things", I mean interesting powers/techniques used in an interesting, preferably strategical fashion, and not senseless beating like we saw in this episode.

On a more positive note, the blue-haired girl confirms that she is a nice girl. Too bad she's in the other school and not in the protagonists' one.

Even though I wouldn't have worded it this harshly, I agree.
Toudou's dream was extremely unnecessary and really disrupted the flow of this episode :/
I also don't like Toudou as a character at all so far, extremely shallow :x

But the animation was great as always and I'm really looking forward to the next episode! :)
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Jan 22, 2021 12:43 PM

Mar 2016
really love this ending by co shu nie <3

decent but enjoyable episode for me :)

i knew toudou would want to be friends with yuuji, i like him and his character, find him quite entertaining.

the juju stroll was cute, gojou x miwa <3

Jan 22, 2021 12:45 PM

May 2014
Good episode overall, although I felt like the fight between Itadori and Todo wasn't animated as well as everything else. I also felt like the pacing of the dream sequence was too slow. Can't wait for next week though :)
Jan 22, 2021 12:53 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
That was a really touching episode despite the fact that almost half of its characters were trying to kill off one. The cast is fun as always and the stroll was very wholesome. Good stuff.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jan 22, 2021 12:55 PM

Mar 2014
Toudou best boy, the flashback after he asked Yuuji what's his ideal type killed me LOL. I knew they'd get along well, I'm sure their interactions will be very entertaining. Also it's funny how he instructs Yuuji in the middle of a battle.

Short_Circut said:

omg I also thought of Tomoda-kun lmaoo
Jan 22, 2021 12:59 PM

Aug 2020
Thw nwq op and Ed were straight bangers. I love how Toudo automaticlly said Yuji and him were best friends. This arc seems good

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jan 22, 2021 1:06 PM

Dec 2020
Hmmm felt weird but overall I liked it.
Kinda sad Yuji's divergent fist doesn't look like it hits twice though.
With this pacing I wonder how the rest of the season is going to go.
Jan 22, 2021 1:07 PM

Jul 2017
Danae said:
Toudou best boy, the flashback after he asked Yuuji what's his ideal type killed me LOL. I knew they'd get along well, I'm sure their interactions will be very entertaining. Also it's funny how he instructs Yuuji in the middle of a battle.

Short_Circut said:

omg I also thought of Tomoda-kun lmaoo

I'm glad someone actually got that reference :P
Jan 22, 2021 1:31 PM

Feb 2015
WillHawkins said:
EckhartPilgrim said:

The dream is a important plot point, but it won’t be explained until later on so i can’t blame people who think it was a random scene

My problem with it isn't that it felt random actually, but more like the scene was way too long for what it is showing.
Jan 22, 2021 1:38 PM

May 2018
Nice! Yuuji definitely is my besto friendo!
Jan 22, 2021 2:07 PM
May 2020
And so the friendship of yuuji and todou began ^•^
Jan 22, 2021 2:08 PM
Apr 2020
EckhartPilgrim said:

yeah lmao dude? "dull"? You serious? I know you probably feel like an anime expert, whose opinion is gold worth but get your head out of your ass and stop flaming about things that ain't even true. Even if, there is no need to say such harsh things that makes the production staff, who is doing this for US btw to give us a great experience,feel bad. And don't even try so start comparing the Anime with other anime because it's "shounen". Aight with that said, the powers will get more interesting indeed
Jan 22, 2021 2:13 PM

Jun 2020
WillHawkins said:
EckhartPilgrim said:

The dream is a important plot point, but it won’t be explained until later on so i can’t blame people who think it was a random scene

Yeah, if you haven't read the manga, you won't understand the "dream". However, it is something to remember for the next season.
Jan 22, 2021 2:25 PM

Dec 2020
DertyChewbacca said:

Yeah, if you haven't read the manga, you won't understand the "dream". However, it is something to remember for the next season.

It doesn't matter that it will pay off in 50 episodes, but how it fit into the pacing of today's episode.
They felt the flashback was too slow and intrusive in an episode they already felt was slow and uninteresting.
While I disagree with their opinions on the fight choreography, I noticed the way they lingered on the shots to be fairly drawn out.
I think the anime's pacing is intentionally slow in order to finish the season with this arc.
Jan 22, 2021 2:26 PM

Jul 2016
DertyChewbacca said:
WillHawkins said:

oh wow i didn't know that scene was important. i thought it was just a funny interaction. i definitely wasn't pressed about it like that person lol but good to know

the moms of the people who remove signatures are hœs
discord: Jotaakuu#8878

Jan 22, 2021 2:38 PM

Jul 2012
Aww Itadori made another friend.
Jan 22, 2021 2:39 PM

Jan 2018
Tirihas said:

I think the anime's pacing is intentionally slow in order to finish the season with this arc.

I don't think that's the case, another arc was teased in the opening
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Jan 22, 2021 2:49 PM

Jun 2020
Tirihas said:
DertyChewbacca said:

It doesn't matter that it will pay off in 50 episodes, but how it fit into the pacing of today's episode.
They felt the flashback was too slow and intrusive in an episode they already felt was slow and uninteresting.
While I disagree with their opinions on the fight choreography, I noticed the way they lingered on the shots to be fairly drawn out.

Based on the OP this will go just barely past the Tournament Arc. Also, we haven't even scratched the surface on the tournament. It literally just began. The pacing for JJK is and will be a bit slow this season. The "dream" was only a few panels, so I can agree it was a bit drawn out in the anime.
Jan 22, 2021 3:06 PM
Jan 2013
Has he found his own Zaraki Kenpachi now?
Jan 22, 2021 3:13 PM

Dec 2020
MappaPrefersJJK said:

I don't think that's the case, another arc was teased in the opening

DertyChewbacca said:

Based on the OP this will go just barely past the Tournament Arc. Also, we haven't even scratched the surface on the tournament. It literally just began. The pacing for JJK is and will be a bit slow this season. The "dream" was only a few panels, so I can agree it was a bit drawn out in the anime.

Sure we got teased for the next arc, but we only saw

Jan 22, 2021 3:17 PM

Feb 2015
Marugado said:
EckhartPilgrim said:

yeah lmao dude? "dull"? You serious? I know you probably feel like an anime expert, whose opinion is gold worth but get your head out of your ass and stop flaming about things that ain't even true. Even if, there is no need to say such harsh things that makes the production staff, who is doing this for US btw to give us a great experience,feel bad. And don't even try so start comparing the Anime with other anime because it's "shounen". Aight with that said, the powers will get more interesting indeed

Yeah, me serious. Fist fights feel just boring to me. It's not a question of good or bad animation, JJK does have good animation and I don't say otherwise. And yeah, because of that I'm not really fond of Itadori as a protagonist since throwing kicks and punches is basically his way of fighting, despite his energy manipulating technique. I prefer other characters styles when it comes to how to fight, like Fushiguro with his familiars. That's just more appealing to me.

Concerning Itadori and Toudou's fight, I was more interested in the clapping that can switches people places, if it is indeed Toudou's technique. It adds so many possibilities to the fight, many more than just throwing punches can do. But if it's really one of Toudou's techniques, I guess he only uses it when he gets serious or when there is real danger.
Jan 22, 2021 3:19 PM
Feb 2018
EckhartPilgrim said:

At least it's not cgi, right??
Jan 22, 2021 3:40 PM

Feb 2015
firstawahono said:
EckhartPilgrim said:

At least it's not cgi, right??

I assume you're meaning 3DCG, since CGI actually applies to any graphic that was made using a computer. Nowadays 2D animation is as much CGI as 3D animation, they use computers a lot even for 2D.

Concerning 3DCG, it depends. There is good 3DCG and bad 3DCG, just like there is good 2D animation and bad 2D animation. I'm totally ok with 3DCG the way it's done in shows like Houseki no Kuni or Beastars, but much less when it's done like in Ex-Arm lol
Jan 22, 2021 3:50 PM
Nov 2019
Todou's dream was hilarious, don't care what anyone says. Looks like the fights for the next few episodes are set(don't know everyone's names so I'm not even gonna try to list them). Also, can we talk about how even in a dream, Todou gets rejected?
Jan 22, 2021 4:17 PM

Dec 2013
Todou labelling Yuuji as his best friend is hilariously random.

I love the way Nobara and the panda taunted the blonde girl.

Miwa is so sweet and adorable. I feel bad that she's stuck we her terrible group.
Jan 22, 2021 4:31 PM

Mar 2010
Damn I was just getting used to it, and was getting fully immersed.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 22, 2021 4:37 PM

May 2013
I love the fights!I love it that the storytelling is meticulously planned but its very consistent! I love the dialogues of the characters so far! The best one being Todou and Itadori ones.

Awwe cute Miwa. I love her already, I symphatize with poor people and so I get her dreams, it was so practical. She uses swords! Damn, I love swords in anime fights.

Its nice to see the oddities of the different characters, their weirdness is so cute! I love this episode because comedy was on point, fighting is on point, and girl character personalities on point!

Jan 22, 2021 4:43 PM
Aug 2019
Toudou and Itadori became bros in such a short time it's hilarious.
That Utahime and Gojou banter lol. Miwa is precious please protect her.

Jan 22, 2021 5:07 PM
Apr 2016
I like the dynamic between those two, I'm pretty sure they'll get along.

A nice fight!
Jan 22, 2021 5:17 PM

Jul 2017
ttcchen said:
Short_Circut said:

Gekkan shoujo?? LMAO
Toudou: "Yuji... You've always been there for me. So out of all the girls... I choose you!"

yeeeeeee I can imagine this fight is just a grand setup for Toudou to realize his true feelings because Itadori has been by his imaginary side all this time
Jan 22, 2021 5:28 PM

May 2018
Those damned Kyoto fuckers need to leave Yuuji alone!!

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Jan 22, 2021 5:32 PM

Sep 2017
Lmao at Toudo's fantasy about them being bffs just because Itadori likes a tall girl with a big ass. He may be a fucking twat but he shows respect to ppl he likes.
Jan 22, 2021 5:47 PM
Oct 2018
After watching this episode, I'm really curious about if they'll adapt the Death Painting arc or not. Opening teases some elements from that arc but that doesn't mean it's confirmed. For example, Fire Force also tease about a specific arc in the opening but they didn't adapt the arc in the season. Same situation might happen with this one too.

They covered 3 chapters in this episode which makes the highest paced episode of the season. If they continue with the same pacing maybe they can adapt the Origin of Obedience part. Since the upcoming chapters are action heavy, they might adapt that part.
Jan 22, 2021 5:50 PM
Feb 2018
Sourire said:
Short_Circut said:
Don't think any of these fights currently are gonna come anywhere near the one against Mahito, but I would like to be proven wrong lmao
The first Mahito fight will be surpassed this arc..

You meant the
?

If so,definitely yes
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

637 by Gingko »»
Yesterday, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

244 by yaybeachepisode »»
Apr 18, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

351 by Hater-chan »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

344 by Alciefer »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

236 by mielutunelutu »»
Apr 13, 3:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.