Forum Settings
Forums

is there any genre you like but not in this website ?

New
Jan 21, 2021 8:24 PM
Aug 2017
just curious about it, maybe i can find something good about it
Jan 21, 2021 8:26 PM
Jul 2018
yeah, i like the cyberpunk genre but most cyberpunk stuff is usually listed under sci-fi or other stuff and its hard to find stuff thats specifically cyberpunk
Jan 22, 2021 12:02 AM
Jun 2019
It's very hard to look for anime that are mainly comedie. Because when you click the comedy tag you first see a lot of shonen and other shows that are only occasionally funny.

You can put the comedy tag on almost everything and that makes the shows that have are almost always comedies very hard to find. You don't know if a show under the comedy tag is gonna have just a little comedy or be only comedy. Maybe there could be 2 comedy tags or something idk.
Moon_man2Jan 22, 2021 12:07 AM
Jan 22, 2021 12:16 AM

Apr 2020
crime, been looking for more crime anime but there aren't many of them, not because they are not on this website but because it seems that crime drama stories are rarely in demand so they are rarely produced.
Jan 22, 2021 12:22 AM
Aug 2020
isekai lol i mean there isnt an isekai genre here but imma like them sometimes
Jan 22, 2021 1:36 AM

Jun 2017
Not having an Iskeai tag can get really annoying. I like isekai, and it's not particularly hard to find them, but I think it could be its own genre, given how popular it is and how detached it has become from the fantasy genre.
Jan 22, 2021 1:39 AM
May 2020
Netorare. ..........................
Jan 22, 2021 5:18 AM

Aug 2018
futanari. pretty sure myanimelist doesn't have that.
Jan 22, 2021 5:20 AM

Feb 2019
Milf - best genre of all time

​​

Jan 23, 2021 4:25 PM

May 2013
As this is an anime website, most people here are not probably familiar with the term 特撮 t/n: "tokusatsu" This is a genre in Japanese entertainment (especially films and movies) that makes use of explosions and super duper cringy special effects but it is quite entertaining. I am personally a fan of live action films with this genre (e.g., kamen rider and super sentai series) It would be awesome if the anime industry would get a touch of this genre. I would love to see an animated version of super sentai or kamen rider!

Jan 23, 2021 5:18 PM

Jun 2014
Punk punk, particularly steampunk and Clockpunk. There's Clockwork Planet, but I've been informed it's terrible.

I also like Space Westerns, but I only know of Cowboy Bebop, Trigun and Outlaw Star.
MalkshakeJan 23, 2021 5:38 PM
Jan 23, 2021 5:22 PM

Jan 2021
Post-apocalyptic/dystopian would be a pretty cool addition for me.

Me and the boys on the hunt to find Yuugo.
Jan 23, 2021 5:29 PM

Sep 2011
Saber_Princess said:
As this is an anime website, most people here are not probably familiar with the term 特撮 t/n: "tokusatsu" This is a genre in Japanese entertainment (especially films and movies) that makes use of explosions and super duper cringy special effects but it is quite entertaining. I am personally a fan of live action films with this genre (e.g., kamen rider and super sentai series) It would be awesome if the anime industry would get a touch of this genre. I would love to see an animated version of super sentai or kamen rider!

I've never seen any of those, largely because things like that in live action are really hard for me to get into, but if they did it in anime format (and did it right, with the right amount of cheese) I would probably love it.

"They escaped the weight of darkness,
to forge a path into the marrow of the spirit.
They chose to drown in a deeper vacancy,
an emptiness that quells the null,
a pool for the forgotten..."
Jan 23, 2021 5:30 PM

Aug 2017
Malkshake said:
I also like Space Westerns, but I only know of Cowboy Bebop, Trigun and Outlaw Star.

I guess you should watch Space Cobra and Uchuu Kaizoku Captain Herlock then
Jan 23, 2021 6:26 PM

May 2013

I've never seen any of those, largely because things like that in live action are really hard for me to get into, but if they did it in anime format (and did it right, with the right amount of cheese) I would probably love it.[/quote]

I gotcha, even myself having quite seen a fairly reasonable amount of it, It gets really boring...but yes, if it animated I would say thats a new thing to see in anime. I just research and apparently super sentai have an american production of it they call in power rangers or something...

Jan 23, 2021 6:32 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Saber_Princess said:

I believe SSSS.Gridman was inspired by that (sub)genre. You may have heard of it or perhaps seen it before, but it's the one example I can think of.
Jan 23, 2021 6:34 PM

Nov 2011
Saber_Princess said:

Mecha is a big genre in anime if you want big explosions. Most tokusatsu are super hero and robot related shows anyway.
Tentai Senshi Sunred is the best super sentai series by the way lol.
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jan 23, 2021 8:50 PM

Sep 2008
2077 said:
yeah, i like the cyberpunk genre but most cyberpunk stuff is usually listed under sci-fi or other stuff and its hard to find stuff thats specifically cyberpunk

seconding this.
RayAnna81194 said:
Post-apocalyptic/dystopian would be a pretty cool addition for me.

and this. you guys know my heart
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Jan 23, 2021 8:52 PM

Apr 2017
Iyashikei and cute girls doing cute things.
cunnysseur
Jan 23, 2021 8:55 PM
危ないお兄さん

Nov 2016
Doujin / fan made n gender bender coz both genre exist in manga list but didnt founded in anime list

Jan 23, 2021 9:25 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
I have no idea why MAL doesn't have a Magical Girl tag, but yeah, that's probably one of (if not definitive) my favorite anime/manga genres.
Jan 23, 2021 9:34 PM
Dec 2017
we could so really use a neo noir tag here

Jan 23, 2021 9:48 PM

May 2013
Ranacchi said:
Saber_Princess said:

I believe SSSS.Gridman was inspired by that (sub)genre. You may have heard of it or perhaps seen it before, but it's the one example I can think of.

Oh yes! It would actually make sense that this genre would center around mecha because most if it is about machines and robots! Thanks for pointing that out! I do know of it its just I am not much of a mecha fan. What i imagine of a series of this genre to be animated was mostly the super sentai one. Which i would say would be mecha for the most part but the transformations would be something Im would be interested in xD

Jan 23, 2021 9:56 PM
IRL Aqua

Jun 2017
Probably Iyashikei, the sub genre of SOL that's mostly focused on calm and healing aspects (in the same way that isekai might be a subgenre of fantasy)
Jan 23, 2021 9:59 PM
IRL Aqua

Jun 2017
Saber_Princess said:

OH my god. I never knew the genre name but was super in love with the themes. Thanks for opening my eyes to tokusatsu.
Jan 23, 2021 10:00 PM

Apr 2016
I think I'd be cool if MAL had some sort of sub-genre classification (i.e Isekai, Mahou Shoujo)

More topics from this board

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - 10 hours ago

10 by Zettaiken »»
2 minutes ago

» Muskoku Tensei is the antithesis of Evangelion ( 1 2 )

ShuisBased2 - Jan 15

63 by inim »»
4 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

52 by Maroonedisback »»
9 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

71 by KeyiOs »»
10 minutes ago

» Describe your anime watching as one sentence.

LenRea - Apr 11

32 by Zimmu »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.