Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 21, 2021 4:31 PM

Dec 2013
A double cliffhanger is very like this series.

Seems they are rearranging stuff from the manga which I'm actually ok with.
Jan 21, 2021 4:34 PM
Dec 2020
This episode was good, but where's Yuugo? Are they making the anime adaptation original?
Jan 21, 2021 5:40 PM

Dec 2014
Interesting, I thought it was just me misremembering things, curious if they really are going completely anime original here, would be interesting to see how that plays that out. It's not that common for Jump based shows to deviate from the manga but for Neverland it might actually be good thing if handled well.

This certainly has caught my attention now.

Jan 21, 2021 5:43 PM

Nov 2012
acatski said:
wait a minute Mr. Minerva is put the books with the codes in the farms and if the children are smart enough then they will escape and go to the shelter which means there brains will taste good so its al one big trap

The thought occurred to me as well.

Everyone wants to eat those poor kids, excepy Mujika. I knew something about Sonju was off.
Jan 21, 2021 6:03 PM

Jan 2021
hirooes said:
Manga reader here!

I have a question for any fellow manga reader:

I own that volume of the manga and I can assure you Sonju does not mention
but, it could be a lack of translation maybe (because apparently that's a thing).

I am still hopeful for Goldy Pond, please for the love of all that is good and holy, give us Goldy Pond.

End the series afterwards for all I care, just give us Goldy Pond.

Me and the boys on the hunt to find Yuugo.
Jan 21, 2021 6:04 PM

Apr 2015
Oh damn, they changed a lot of important scenes from the manga. I'm actually really welcome to the change though, I didn't really like the rest of the manga from the first arc so I was debating on whether or not to actually watch the second season. Now that I know it's going an anime-original route, I'm more interested now. The manga author is working with the studio on this anime, so I have faith he/she will make this better...hopefully.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Jan 21, 2021 6:07 PM
Feb 2017
Manga reader tears taste so good
Jan 21, 2021 6:27 PM
Dec 2020
The most interesting part for me is the “Help” room i really hope that’s all explained well, did other kids escape before them? if so what happened to them?
Jan 21, 2021 6:31 PM

Dec 2020
Sonju doesn't want to be fed... He wants to hunt.

Also, if you got time to spastically scrawl "HELP" all over the walls, you could at least scrawl some useful information about the situation, right?
Jan 21, 2021 6:32 PM

Jan 2021
Girasol said:
it was okay .. nothing much ..
Bruh did you see the bloody "help" on the wall or nah?
Jan 21, 2021 6:39 PM

Jan 2011
as someone that typically hates source readers that complain and spoil shit i can't speak for if this is better or not or even warrants it lol, after everything i heard which isn't that much maybe it's better for the anime to go it's own route.

as for the episode everything season can be summed up to this going far too well and i shouldn't feel so relaxed
Jan 21, 2021 6:41 PM

Jul 2020
So they did an anime original? Uh oh, they might skip the goldy pond arc which I've been looking forward to.

I have bad feel in ng abou this
Jan 21, 2021 6:45 PM
Apr 2020
mrboko1234 said:
the whole season until now has been a massive "it cant be this easy, its too good to be true", expecting some bad shit to go down very soon lmao

THATS EXACTLY What I was thinking the whole episode ๐Ÿ˜ญ like it was all TOO good and they got Too lucky so something bad is bound to happen!!
Jan 21, 2021 6:49 PM
Jan 2020
Looks likeI have to wait yet another week for HIM to show up :(( I'm really confused tho, wasn't he supposed to be in the security room?
Jan 21, 2021 6:53 PM
Nov 2019
Every time things are going well I get anxious, cause I'm always thinking something bad is about to happen. And this episode was full of such moments. The farewell with the demons, them in the kids finding their new home, and every time a new area of the home is found.
Jan 21, 2021 7:06 PM

Oct 2015
katsu044 said:
as someone that typically hates source readers that complain and spoil shit i can't speak for if this is better or not or even warrants it lol, after everything i heard which isn't that much maybe it's better for the anime to go it's own route.

as for the episode everything season can be summed up to this going far too well and i shouldn't feel so relaxed

for me as manga readers
Everything after that arc is going downhill for me.
Jan 21, 2021 7:18 PM

Jul 2016
Sonju, I thought you were different, man. Well, at least he's killing the Demons that are going after the kids.

Okay episode overall. The whole bunker and radio stuff sound like a huge plot convenience but considering how the episode concluded, let's see if Emma and co. are actually as safe as they think.
Jan 21, 2021 7:26 PM
Jan 2017
will cut the best arch of the work and this is really sad
Jan 21, 2021 8:04 PM

Jan 2011
It's good to see some of what they learned from Sonju and Mujika paid off. It's interesting to see we are going to get some anime original content oversee by the creator. This is very interesting as you don't get this that often. My guess is that he is wanting to add to the story or fix mistakes people had with the manga. This is a very daring move.

Let's see and find out.

Also wow they score big with this place. It's a perfect hideout.... that may have a dark secret.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jan 21, 2021 8:11 PM

Mar 2020
at first I was interested in changes, but now I'm really fucking worried, and the fact that the guy writing anime original plot is the author of the manga(which went to shit storywise from certain point onward) doesn't reassure me at all
Jan 21, 2021 9:05 PM
Jan 2019
I dont hate the episode but i don't like it since there's something missing :(
can't remember how it was in the manga but they found all those rooms within a day, feels a bit too fast but ok I'll go with the flow i guess

i hope that something is waiting for the next episode to come, honestly love that
Jan 21, 2021 9:36 PM

Apr 2020
Our whole cast has now fled to B06-32 leaving Mujika and Sonju behind. Now after the kids left, Sonju did reveal his true colors and is interested once the kids grow to become "Naturals". But at last, the kids finally arrived at the place where Minerva took them.

What they found is an underground bunker, full of ALL THE THINGS the kids need to survive. Everything is given to them, they are really happy, and I said to myself, "this is too good to be true"....and I was right. Suddenly, they found a room that is torn apart and full of markings with the word

HELP

And in the case of Emma and her company, they answered a telephone call. And what they hear...is William Minerva. Finally the show has returned to the thrills, and somehow this is much more scarier than in the mansion. Cause I know at any given point, they will be trapped by the demons and will be forced to surrender. OR, someone made the bunker just to trap the high-grade childrens. Either way, I am finally excited on what will happen this season, let's see how these children will face the situation they're in/
Jan 21, 2021 9:40 PM

Jan 2013
Honestly, i know it's been only 3 episodes but i am loving this season, been delivering so much!

I have kinda mixed feelings about Sonju, first, i hope he killed those pursuers so that the kids could live safely there, but on the other hand, he wants them to procrastinate so that he can eat some of them? He definitely got hungry, seems like Mujika is the last hope, especially with that medallion that she gave Emma, it for sure will help them in the future.

That bunker is indeed amazing, they can live without many worries, now i wonder where is that William Minerva and how he did all of this?
Now i wonder how they will try to save the others, it will be almost impossible i guess, only if they develop some way to move faster since they can't escape from those monsters simply on foot.
Can't wait for more!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 21, 2021 11:15 PM

Aug 2012
pint said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
sonju wants the farms gone and wants to hunt humans once they multiply enough. Not gonna hurt them
That's just cruel :(

why? predatory species on top of the food chain cannot really be farmed due to long reproductive cycles, damage to their mental health and other issues. That is why tigers in zoos is cruel but hunting tigers provided you allow them to maintain a certain population, maybe even help them with it in the wild is not. PETA folk want to make a similarity between humans and cows but is bs. Consider that demons basically lost 1000 years ago. and things changed. Also is clear their numbers are extremely small even on this side. So unless somehow they would reproduce a lot which is unlikely there would probably be a few families that would try to hunt humans once every few decades. Remember for them is a delicatecy not a primary food source. A lot more people die naturally and at least those people have a fighting chance. The kids do not.
raiderublaze said:
Our whole cast has now fled to B06-32 leaving Mujika and Sonju behind. Now after the kids left, Sonju did reveal his true colors and is interested once the kids grow to become "Naturals". But at last, the kids finally arrived at the place where Minerva took them.

What they found is an underground bunker, full of ALL THE THINGS the kids need to survive. Everything is given to them, they are really happy, and I said to myself, "this is too good to be true"....and I was right. Suddenly, they found a room that is torn apart and full of markings with the word

HELP

And in the case of Emma and her company, they answered a telephone call. And what they hear...is William Minerva. Finally the show has returned to the thrills, and somehow this is much more scarier than in the mansion. Cause I know at any given point, they will be trapped by the demons and will be forced to surrender. OR, someone made the bunker just to trap the high-grade childrens. Either way, I am finally excited on what will happen this season, let's see how these children will face the situation they're in/

Is snot once they grow. Is after a few generations once free humans grow in numbers sufficient. Think about predatory animals hunting laws. You cannot hunt during certain periods of the years or if the number of young people goes beneath a certain quota, and so on. Sonju versus farms is retards in PETA versus hunters.
nightcrawlercypJan 21, 2021 11:20 PM
Jan 21, 2021 11:17 PM
Jan 2021
does this continue until Ray and Emma are adults?
Jan 22, 2021 12:06 AM
Dec 2020
I suspect Minerva was once working with the farm and seriously sonju , thanks for being all nice
Jan 22, 2021 12:18 AM
Dec 2020
My theory is Minerva is actually working with the farm and set the whole thing up in the different farms to see those children smart enough to escape, to cultivate premium goods for the demon. Let not forget it was krone that picked the pen first at headquarters before norman discovered it. I wound give the episode 4/5
Jan 22, 2021 2:32 AM

Aug 2020
Minerva seems suspicious, that room which had help written in it just made me doubt him even more.
Jan 22, 2021 2:35 AM
Apr 2019
It's surprising that this episode didn't followed the manga.
. I hope that it's slight changes, though I heard it's going to be anime original.
Jan 22, 2021 2:41 AM

Dec 2017
as a manga reader, im quite disappointed actually im kinda scared for how the anime will turn out, will it follow a different plot entirely? will this be a tokyo ghoul root a? i mean im open to it following a different plot slightly but pls dont turn into tg root a. some peopel already mentioned things that were changed from the manga, so i wont dive into that, but man i really really was excited to see [dont want to say since its spoiler, but manga readers will know*]. i feel like they are focusing on making this wholesome and stuffs, with all the scenes with everyone together and less scenes with the actual demon. i would've prefer if they show more of the forests in the previous episodes. but overall, im starting to dislike this season more and more. lets hope itll get back on track and gets better (tho itll never top jailbreak arc)

Jan 22, 2021 2:42 AM
Aug 2010
Why is everyone so upset about studio not following manga bits to bits? relax guys, there is no set in stone obligatory rule for any creator to just redraw the original source and add motion. They have director who has certain targets set up for him, and he has to meet them.

Try to watch adaptations with a separated mindset from original serialization, coz otherwise, we would have a world, where each anime frame is basically each page of a manga that is coloured, and with some bits having motion. NOTHING MORE

Director has made his choice about pacing and certain cuts of original source, basically showing us his style of direction. Its inneficient to judge this adaptation by side by side comparison to source serialization.

From a directional point of view of a anime-only viewer, this episode still felt a bit more hasted than it might would have been necessary, true. But, the mystery factor is quite strong. The neverleaving danger atmosphere - thrill, is subtle yet definitely present. Then on the other hand, the cliffhanger of introducing Minerva himself at the last frame, is a classic and expectable cliffhanger upon realising that this shelter is unoccupied currently, although definitely had inhabitants somewhat recently due to cookies/sweeets having severe but NOT COMPLETE molding stage. If this detail isnt accidential then it is a quite neat detail. We can see the mold not having consumed whole object, although sporadical growth of mold spores is invasional and very aggressive, therefore it is certain that it would consume the particular food object completely in a long time, unless if mold became inactive due to other factors.

For a broadcasting purpose, this is an alright pacing tbh, if you think about it.
Cant wait for the next episode.
Jan 22, 2021 2:44 AM

Mar 2019
Really nice episode. The animation feels very high quality.

Personally I feel the arc that the manga went into after they left the forest was the second best arc in the manga's entire run, so I will be surprised if they don't adapt it. However, if they don't and it's all original stuff that ultimately leads to a better story/show I will welcome it because the manga's story falls off a cliff after a point.
Jan 22, 2021 2:56 AM
Jul 2016
every episode is so boring
Jan 22, 2021 3:18 AM

Nov 2019
After read the manga I feel like "what the actual fuck" cause I see it's like in Tokyo Ghoul - something really diffrent than original. Really where the hell is Yuugo? I have a hope it will be better

acatski said:
who else thinks menuva is a demon

No, he isn't, don't worry

nthcolor said:
Godawful. Every single thing about this episode and everything about this adaption going forward will be godawful. I could let skipping a few scenes in Episode 1 slide, but this is inexcusable. Skipping information for no reason, shuffling around scenes for no reason, inventing new scenes and plot points out of nowhere for no reason. Not only will the good arcs and good characters probably never be adapted, they’ll never be adapted properly. Not in the way they should have been. This is a completely new, anime-only story now; if I don’t drop this by next week it’ll be a miracle.

Truly a disappointment, considering how much I was looking forward to seeing this part of the series animated.

My good yes, It's literaly how I fell
ZuclynJan 22, 2021 3:57 AM
Jan 22, 2021 4:42 AM

Aug 2018
GoldenMonster said:
Girasol said:
it was okay .. nothing much ..
Bruh did you see the bloody "help" on the wall or nah?
that's how they always end an episode (?) there wasn't so much investigation/ plots in this episode .. hopefully next one will be better..
Jan 22, 2021 5:01 AM

Apr 2020
Now I have trust issues with everyone after the Sonju and Mujikareveal. Now I'm starting to doubt this Mr Minerva too, shit!

So that is one of those rooms with numbers outside the door right? A really creepy marked wall. And now a call from Mr Minerva. Things are getting really interesting.
--AbiSa--
Jan 22, 2021 5:08 AM

Oct 2008
hmmmm the events unfolding are too convenient!
4/5.

Jan 22, 2021 5:11 AM

Jul 2020
They made some changes from the source material, huh? I just hope they won't skip the Goldy Pond arc, since it's one of my favorite arcs from the manga.
Jan 22, 2021 5:42 AM

Feb 2014
Marinate1016 said:
So at the current pace, looks like this’ll end at
. Excited to see best boy in the next week or so.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.

Well we already saw his back in the OP sequence so we gonna end this season at that part eh? Can't wait for the best demon to arrive in style.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 22, 2021 5:51 AM

Aug 2007
I was looking for the moment wherein

ใ‚‚ใ‚ใจใ‚‚ใซ
ๅ“€ใ‚Œใจๆ€ใธ
ๅฑฑๆกœ

่Šฑใ‚ˆใ‚Šๅค–ใซ
็Ÿฅใ‚‹ไบบใ‚‚ใชใ—.

On a mountain slope,
Solitary, uncompanioned,
Stands a cherry tree.

Except for you, lonely friend,
To others I am unknown.

Jan 22, 2021 6:46 AM
Oct 2019
Oh Sonju, you really have alternative motive... Damn...

I knew it the Episode was too hapy and hopefull, a room with bloodied "HELP" sign.

clearly something bad happened in this shelter...

I heard Episode 4 has Original Anime content...
If I'm not wrong the Author also involved with this story right?

Looks like certain manga readers are upset about scene that moving around or got cut out, always remember Adaptation isn't going to be 100% page to page from the Manga... The staff probably know how to handle it..
davidyodo24Jan 22, 2021 6:56 AM
Jan 22, 2021 6:50 AM
Oct 2019
deadshoujo said:
the people who gave this episode 5 stars are 100% anime onlys.

fellow manga readers will understand why I gave this episode a 1 star.

Well you are not wrong...

So u upset because something was cut out??
I heard they said it will have original content but will eventually comes back to follow the Manga, so probably the content will appear in the future episode...
Jan 22, 2021 7:12 AM
Jul 2016
'aS a ManGa rEadEr'
Jan 22, 2021 7:13 AM

Sep 2014
I was massively loosing interest in the series with season 2, after the initial hype I already only finished the first because I started it, but it starts getting better with this
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 22, 2021 7:41 AM
Jan 2018
RayAnna81194 said:
hirooes said:
Manga reader here!

I have a question for any fellow manga reader:

I own that volume of the manga and I can assure you Sonju does not mention
but, it could be a lack of translation maybe (because apparently that's a thing).

I am still hopeful for Goldy Pond, please for the love of all that is good and holy, give us Goldy Pond.

End the series afterwards for all I care, just give us Goldy Pond.

As a manga reader, it did surprised me on how they altered a couple of important "hints" introduced within Episode 3 itself rather abruptly.

But, im still looking forward on how Episode 4 unfolds. Since the mangaka did mentioned working hand-in-hand with the studio, probably it won't be as bad as what we thought. Stay positive folks!
Jan 22, 2021 7:51 AM

Oct 2016
Very good episode, but it does feel very fast paced. We have now seen Sonju's true motive, he doesn't eat farm humans but eats natural born humans. So, he's letting the kids do what they want and maybe they'll bring him the natural humans he's been waiting for.

Looking forward to seeing best boy next episode.
Jan 22, 2021 8:01 AM

Jan 2019
I don't remember the Grace Field radio thing being in the manga ? Did they add it ? What's the point ? There is nothing that needs to be changed in the plot
Jan 22, 2021 8:21 AM

Jan 2021
Tristanteken said:
I don't remember the Grace Field radio thing being in the manga ? Did they add it ? What's the point ? There is nothing that needs to be changed in the plot

Yeah, that's added in the anime.

I don't know why though, gives me the feeling that they're gonna take a separate direction from the manga and the radio is just the beginning.

Jan 22, 2021 8:22 AM

Jan 2021
The more and more I read about differences in the episode and the manga, the more and more I become scared of it changing drastically.

I'm trying to stay positive but it's getting harder to...

Jan 22, 2021 8:23 AM

Jan 2021
sKyBlazer08 said:
Very good episode, but it does feel very fast paced. We have now seen Sonju's true motive, he doesn't eat farm humans but eats natural born humans. So, he's letting the kids do what they want and maybe they'll bring him the natural humans he's been waiting for.

Looking forward to seeing best boy next episode.

I hope they do add my boy but I don't know how likely it is if he isn't shown next episode.

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

aod-kun - Mar 10, 2023

25 by 7k72 »»
Apr 11, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

419 by chocomayu »»
Mar 7, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

220 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

505 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 15, 2:28 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.