Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 21, 2021 9:04 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
After a period of rest for the Grace Field children, it's time to part with friendly demons Sonju and Mujika and head onwards to B06-32, the safe haven. The reason of holding back for Sonju is to prepare for the future generations where an abundance of human meat is rampant, guess you can't hide your own leopard spots. Even Mujika asking Emma to go to a certain location was cut out from the manga (remember, the anime has original scenes that would fit well into 11 episodes).

Upon reaching B06-32, it's an empty wasteland, but without the grown-ups' help in decoding the Morse code, they could've been eaten already. The underground where William Monerva once resided...was not there (someone else was, cut manga content). And the kids could finally get some recreation and with it, protection in full availability of resources.

Using an old-style radio to listen in on the House, this would make for a good listening tool.

A room with a bloodied "HELP" sign, and William Minerva's call transmission...what to make of it? Interesting...
KANLen09Jan 21, 2021 1:33 PM
Jan 21, 2021 9:35 AM

Aug 2020
Once again, solid episode as i expected, well in this pace we will soon end this on the greatest arc coming soon.

But i hope they wont do any skip of certaim chapter again, because this is where everything gonna be interesting.

Lets wait for another one!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2021 10:24 AM
Dec 2017
My guess is that vault is Minerva's own farm.
Jan 21, 2021 10:28 AM

Apr 2019
The kids parted with mujika and sonju really fast, sonju still wants to eat humans. Got a bad feeling about him.

The kids finally arrived at the shelter. "HELP" written on the walls. They aren't the first ones to take shelter there. Who is the one on the other side of the phone??

Jan 21, 2021 10:29 AM

Feb 2019
So at the current pace, looks like this’ll end at
. Excited to see best boy in the next week or so.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeJan 21, 2021 1:31 PM
Jan 21, 2021 10:30 AM

Aug 2018
it was okay .. nothing much ..
But .. bruh I am still not used to the new Op yet T^T it’s lacking that ‘FIRE’ the hype ...
Jan 21, 2021 10:32 AM
Sep 2020
Solid episode, it's going at a good pace with the manga so far. Looking forward to what's going to happen next week
Jan 21, 2021 10:36 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The shelter is great for them but seems like it's very mysterious, that "help" thing is really creepy, and the Minerva phone call at the end wow... I can't wait
Jan 21, 2021 10:37 AM
Oct 2020
who else thinks menuva is a demon
Jan 21, 2021 10:39 AM
Oct 2016
The kids have found their new home! Such a joyous feeling when they finally arrives at the bunker. Only just escaped the farm but its as if its been so much longer. Making this arrival feel earned after they've scrounged thus far. The send off from Mujika and Sonju was bittersweet since the kids must keep going no matter the bonds they formed. Sonju saying some dicey words about wanting to eventually eat some natural humans in a few generations or the next generation. That not sitting right with Mujika whom genuinely liked the kids. Some more things were changed from the manga but I have faith with the original manga author working on the scripts this season that its all part of a larger plan. The kids should've meet someone down in that bunker but he wasn't there. We'll have to see how its worked in later. But I'm immensely happy for them to have arrived in such a safe place with so much to offer them with food, A garden, security, baths, and more. Now with William Minerva on the other end of that phone they're finally hearing from the man they've been trying to find.
Jan 21, 2021 10:42 AM
Oct 2020
wait a minute Mr. Minerva is put the books with the codes in the farms and if the children are smart enough then they will escape and go to the shelter which means there brains will taste good so its al one big trap
Jan 21, 2021 10:42 AM

Jan 2019
the whole season until now has been a massive "it cant be this easy, its too good to be true", expecting some bad shit to go down very soon lmao
Jan 21, 2021 10:44 AM

Jul 2017
Emma really made some great demon friends, yeah that demon still want some natural-growth organic juicy human meats, but I meant, you can't really blame him hahaha XD

Great build up there, ended very very suitable way, with phone call with Minerva.
The pacing just getting better and better, we will get most of the good stuffs with the right frames with this pacing for sure.
Jan 21, 2021 10:44 AM

Jan 2021
Wait... where the hell is

Me and the boys on the hunt to find Yuugo.
Jan 21, 2021 10:48 AM
Jul 2018
wow they got a underground base now, what sonju said was kinda worrying but i guess its fine since he's leaving them alone for now. that ending though.. seems like there's more to this hideout
Jan 21, 2021 10:48 AM
Dec 2020
I find W. Minerva oddly weird and I have a feeling that his intentions with kids aren't very good, maybe he's growing his own farm too, i don't know but this episode was really interesting and i'm looking forward to next one, maybe i'll finally read manga though
Jan 21, 2021 10:50 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
It was cute seeing Emma introduce the kids to Mujika. For both her and the kids the meeting turned out to be a most educational experience. The underground shelter though was a nice surprise and introduced some good tension to the ep. While giving them a new home. Minerva sure prepped the shelter well. But beneath the promise of the safety though looks to be something sinister going by the messages scrawled across the wall in the dorms. Overall an ep of extremes that combined some fond farewell with Mujika, joy with finding the shelter and tension at finding the secrets inside. Quite curious to see what will happen next though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2021 10:50 AM

Feb 2019
Yooo this was completely different from the manga, They are going anime original from here huh? Don't know what to expect. The author is working with the staff so there is hope that it will be good.

Jan 21, 2021 10:51 AM

Jun 2019
Holy shit, they made it out of the forest. At least, they're safe now. I hope this happiness isn't short-lived. Just forgot that they're still little kids who just want to play and have fun. Finally, that call. What could it be?
But, Sonju why are you giving me cold vibes?
Jan 21, 2021 10:55 AM
Mar 2016
Alamibo said:
Yooo this was completely different from the manga, They are going anime original from here huh? Don't know what to expect. The author is working with the staff so there is hope that it will be good.

Maybe the studio is trying to speed up the story for

Jan 21, 2021 10:56 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Good ep.

And here I was thinking Sonju didnt want to actually eat any humans. makes me smh. It's cool that the group finds the location of Minerva's place and get's to make it their own, but I doubt it'd last long.

The underground place seemed like a farm from the get go, with all those secret passageways and whatnot. The scene of the kids seeing the room with "help" written on a wall only seems to enforce that. Then Emma finds a room with a phone and gets a call from none other than Mineva himself.

I'm very excited for the next episode.
Jan 21, 2021 10:59 AM

Sep 2019
Hmm... I don't know why they believe there is a guy called William Minerva and he's a savior who wants to keep the kids safe, it all seems so suspicious to me. The demons are using their brain and not killing the goose that lays the golden eggs, they're investing for the future.
Jan 21, 2021 11:05 AM

Oct 2017
Nice they found an underground shelter and they are enjoying their time there. Kinda feels like a field trip. Someone calls on the phone and it's Minerva? Woa!

Thou wth? They are gonna skip
Dun tell me his entire character's gonna get cut out.
Jan 21, 2021 11:05 AM
Apr 2020
RayAnna81194 said:
Wait... where the hell is

Exactly
Jan 21, 2021 11:08 AM
May 2020
Where's Yuugo.....this episode was supposed to be his episode debut and he didn't make a single appearance?....
Jan 21, 2021 11:15 AM
Nov 2019
The cliffhangers in season 2 is so good. Im excited for the next episode already because you just know that there will be something cool next episode. So far they have done a good job on season 2 of promised neverland, but i wont get my hopes up and rate it before the season is over. What i can say right now after ive watched 3/11 episodes is that it has been really good and i hope it stays that way
Jan 21, 2021 11:16 AM

Apr 2020
I don't have a good feeling about this shelter. Something just feels off. And Minerva is weird too. I bet this was his plan from the begging.
Jan 21, 2021 11:17 AM
Apr 2020
Why did they not follow the manga i’m so confused how the story will go from here. Also Mujika didn’t tell emma about the seven walls?
ellelinaJan 21, 2021 11:23 AM
Jan 21, 2021 11:20 AM
Jan 2019
the people who gave this episode 5 stars are 100% anime onlys.

fellow manga readers will understand why I gave this episode a 1 star.
Jan 21, 2021 11:24 AM

Jun 2019
It looks like next episode is when this season will start to pick up the intensity. I liked how the demons that helped the group were not benevalent and have their own motives in mind. The shelter adds a lot of potential for the story and the cliffhanger adds to my intrigue too.
Jan 21, 2021 11:26 AM

Apr 2019
I’m ready for Yuugo....Wait they are going anime original from this episode on since Yuugo didn’t even show up. Smh.
EdTheAlchemistJan 21, 2021 2:22 PM

Jan 21, 2021 11:26 AM
The White Hope

Dec 2015
As a mangareader I'm confused ... are they going an anime original route? Are they cutting a big arc?

~Mirror, tell me something~
Jan 21, 2021 11:27 AM

Aug 2012
pint said:
The kids parted with mujika and sonju really fast, sonju still wants to eat humans. Got a bad feeling about him.

The kids finally arrived at the shelter. "HELP" written on the walls. They aren't the first ones to take shelter there. Who is the one on the other side of the phone??
sonju wants the farms gone and wants to hunt humans once they multiply enough. Not gonna hurt them
Jan 21, 2021 11:28 AM
Feb 2019
Solid episode. I just have feeling that Minerva is not a good guy. Cannot wait how it's gonna unfold.
Jan 21, 2021 11:32 AM
Jun 2017
wait a minute, this is different
Jan 21, 2021 11:33 AM

Nov 2013
LoL I was confused and expected a certain character to appear, but they never appeared. Then I've read the comments and realized that my memory was correct. I still hope they'll introduce them in the next episode.
Jan 21, 2021 11:35 AM

Aug 2013
Sonju with that smile...

It's good that the kids were able to find the shelter but I couldn't get rid of the feeling that something might happen. And then there was the "HELP" written on the wall. Yikes. And then there is that call from a person who calls himself William Minerva. Things will definitely not go well for the kids.

Jan 21, 2021 11:35 AM

Apr 2019
nightcrawlercyp said:
pint said:

sonju wants the farms gone and wants to hunt humans once they multiply enough. Not gonna hurt them
That's just cruel :(

Jan 21, 2021 11:36 AM

Apr 2019
Alamibo said:

Yeah I was looking for him too. He's a major part of Goldy Pond too, so they can't just get there without him..

Jan 21, 2021 11:39 AM

Jan 2021
Manga readers gather!

They are deviating quite a bit. I just hope they get back on track

Hope I'm wrong and they'll go back on track. From an 8/10 last episode to a 6/10 for me, lack of faithful source material adaptation, hope this changes moving forward though.

I would understand how an anime only would enjoy this though, don't get me wrong.

Jan 21, 2021 11:40 AM

Mar 2017
Things are going way too well and the shelter is just so sus; there's a place built by humans for humans to survive in but there's no one there? Shady af. And then that room with the writing on the wall got my heart pounding; I can't imagine what the hell it means but I'm so sure they need to leave ASAP.

That scene where Sonju said he saved the kids so that he could basically eat their descendants was absolutely chilling. There's something really off about him - like why does he kill his own kind so violently?
Jan 21, 2021 11:41 AM

Jan 2021
pint said:
Alamibo said:

Yeah I was looking for him too. He's a major part of Goldy Pond too, so they can't just get there without him..

I really hope

Jan 21, 2021 11:43 AM

Jan 2021
I am glad people are getting back into it after episode 1's arguably lackluster performance though.

Jan 21, 2021 11:44 AM

Apr 2019
RayAnna81194 said:
pint said:

I really hope
that would not be pleasant

Jan 21, 2021 11:45 AM

Dec 2017
Got to see Sonju monologue but the shelter got me worried, they showed the room but didnt show the other important point. He wasn't the problem that the story went down so i dont know why are they skipping him (for the moment), also if they skip him a lot of things are going to change in gold point and the actual arc.
deadshoujo said:

Not 1, it meants the episode was so bad, Mujika and Sonju was worth watching.
ShikishimaKrileJan 21, 2021 11:53 AM
Jan 21, 2021 11:46 AM

Jan 2021
deadshoujo said:

Yeah, it just felt like a disservice to the manga readers honestly.

I know people shouldn't complain too much but this deviates so much from the source material that I think manga readers have a right to be annoyed.

Jan 21, 2021 11:49 AM

May 2020
Sonju really had me fooled T_T
That ending though! I have so many questions....Firstly, who is William Minerva!?
Jan 21, 2021 11:52 AM
Sep 2019
Godawful. Every single thing about this episode and everything about this adaption going forward will be godawful. I could let skipping a few scenes in Episode 1 slide, but this is inexcusable. Skipping information for no reason, shuffling around scenes for no reason, inventing new scenes and plot points out of nowhere for no reason. Not only will the good arcs and good characters probably never be adapted, they’ll never be adapted properly. Not in the way they should have been. This is a completely new, anime-only story now; if I don’t drop this by next week it’ll be a miracle.

Truly a disappointment, considering how much I was looking forward to seeing this part of the series animated.
nthcolorJan 21, 2021 11:57 AM
Jan 21, 2021 11:55 AM

Nov 2017
before this season started airing i was worried that i wasn't gonna enjoy it much since they escaped the house at the end of season one and it wasn't gonna be as scary, but i was very very wrong
this season is amazing so far, can't wait to see more
"Leonardo... it wasn't, by any means, only your eyes that we welcomed into Libra."
- Klaus von Reinherz
Jan 21, 2021 11:57 AM

Jan 2021
nthcolor said:
Godawful. Every single thing about this episode and everything about this adaption going forward will be godawful. I could let skipping a few scenes in Episode 1 slide, but this is inexcusable. Skipping information for no reason, shuffling around scenes for no reason, inventing new scenes and plot points out of nowhere for no reason.

Yeah as much as I love this series to death I can't defend them this time.

Especially given how Shirai is working on this personally like, what?!

Given that the original creator is directly involved with this adaptation, my hope is that he'll fix this somehow.

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

aod-kun - Mar 10, 2023

25 by 7k72 »»
Apr 11, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

419 by chocomayu »»
Mar 7, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

220 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

505 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 15, 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.