Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 27, 2021 5:54 PM
Jan 2018
Siegfried10 said:
KanameYuuki said:
Was this the big moment manga readers were hyping a bit for when some of us would start to like Nino or is it still yet to come?

This is her arc, but the moment hasnt happened yet.

I'm so excited for her moment. I disliked her so much before it and now she's probably my number 2
Jan 27, 2021 6:08 PM

Oct 2014
Just finished season 1 and now I'm trying to figure out if I should watch s2. I definitely enjoyed the first season, and what I think is especially interesting is that the source material (manga) is actually finished as of some time last year. So that makes me wonder if season 2 might even be able to cover the whole series (depending on how many chapters season 1 covered, and also depending on if that's even a good idea, for what kind of pacing that might put on season 2. as well as whether the manga's author and/or the studio would want the anime to adapt the whole story). But I also read a little about the manga's ending, and it seems like some people weren't too happy about its conclusion. So I'm wondering if I even want to see the whole story. Season 1 ends like many harem series do, with all the girls making a pseudo-committal statement about their interest in the main guy, but I think this series has done a decent job in the way of progressing the relationships between futatou and each of the girls. So I was fine with that somewhat inconclusive ending but I'm trying to figure out if it's worth finishing the story, anime or manga.
Jan 27, 2021 10:12 PM
Jul 2020
My best anime all time
Jan 28, 2021 6:48 AM
Sep 2016
Otakugon said:
Siegfried10 said:

This is her arc, but the moment hasnt happened yet.

I'm so excited for her moment. I disliked her so much before it and now she's probably my number 2

She was the least liked of the Nakanos and after this arc she became one of the two most popular with Miku, hopefully it wont dissapoint you.
Jan 28, 2021 11:38 AM

Aug 2013
"...but she's stupid". I love how Fuutarou genuinely described the girls.

As a person who read the manga, it was hard to watch the whole Kintarou part.

Jan 29, 2021 2:12 AM

Dec 2012
What if Rena is Nino?!

Jan 29, 2021 6:33 PM

Jan 2008
It's the 6th sister!

In all seriousness, I like the way they handled this, going the extra mile to try and keep it under wraps who her identity is, and even her voice actress. Although for the really determined, they can already easily find out just by reading the finished manga. Me personally, I'm in the anime-only watching camp, and will try to avoid spoilers if can. It's more fun that way.
Feb 3, 2021 9:41 PM

Aug 2017
I like how Nino is so sensitive towards her sisters!! And she knew Kintaro was Uesugi XD!!!

That track team captain is a shitty person. Free Yotsuba from her clutches Fuutaro!!!

Feb 5, 2021 10:43 PM

Jan 2019
I had plenty of insightful things I planned to say about this episode.

But now my mind is nothing but the Nisemonogatari toothbrushing scene.
Feb 18, 2021 5:03 PM

Jul 2019
Good episode, let's see if Futaro can get Yotsuba out of that track team.

Seems like the gig is up for Futaro too lol, but still going with Rena. Wonder wonder wonder who.
Feb 19, 2021 7:34 AM

Aug 2018
My fav ep so far because a lot of Nino moments except on what happened in the end lol
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Mar 27, 2021 5:03 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
A loot happened in this single episode. I guess the Kintaro story arc came to conclusion at last.
Mar 30, 2021 2:46 PM
Oct 2020
Bro theres no way the tiplets looked the same as that girl as kids and its just a coincidence. There has to be a connection between them.
Apr 5, 2021 5:57 AM
Oct 2019
thank jesus that nino saw through that disguise. would've been lame storytelling to have her keep falling for that

but speaking of nino, i have no clue what that end scene was? two ninos?

and, again, no clue what the heck that boat scene was about. one of the quints clearly dressed up like that, itsuki? but the whole "i'm taking these photos. open this when you accept yourself" thing was a big "huh?" from me
HagePotPotatoApr 5, 2021 6:11 AM
Apr 5, 2021 1:40 PM

Feb 2020
I started having Nisemonogatari flashback when Ichika brushed Yotsuba's teeth. Good thing they didn't make it weird.

Nino already was starting to become my favorite character in season 1 (along with Ichika), but now I think her place is confirmed. For all messed up her actions can be, in the end I can't help but find her endearing. It's easy to understand where she's coming from and why she has such a hard time accepting what's going on with Fuutarou (though that still doesn't excuse her habit of poisoning him). She clearly isn't a bad person at heart and she has room to grow.

And about the ending, I'm quite interested to see what will happen with Yotsuba. I feel bad for her.

Oh and I almost forgot, but I really wonder who Rena truly is. It is pretty obvious she is one of the quints in disguise, but it doesn't explain who that is and finding that out would considerably change my view on one of them. And it could pretty much be anyone, except Nino.
Apr 8, 2021 6:18 PM

Dec 2013
Futaro's description of the quintuplets and how he concluded that they were all stupid was funny.

Hearing her voice I'm pretty sure it's Rena but they might just be using her VA.

I didn't expect Nino to suddenly start crying over Futaro's story. It was at least nice to see them having a somewhat friendly interaction for once.

Futaro pretending to Kintaro was always going to backfire but I didn't think she would drug him again...

I don't actually care too much for the Yotsuba drama. She should just learn to say no for once.
Apr 12, 2021 12:55 PM

Sep 2012
easy to solve the track team issue tell teacher that captain is hindering her studies and teacher tells captain to back off
Apr 12, 2021 9:42 PM

Jul 2017
Was lowkey hoping for another Nisemonogatari episode 8...

Apr 21, 2021 1:52 PM

Feb 2017
Based Sibling Dental Hygiene
𝘼 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡 𝙙𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮
Apr 27, 2021 9:55 AM

Jan 2014
manga readers please spoil me, who's playing Rena?
May 5, 2021 8:57 PM

Aug 2014
So much is going on and each scene is something you can't expect :)
I only didn't like that scene with the pink haired girl. I wonder which one of the five was it? If it was Nino and then she still thinks Kintaro is a real person then rotfl at her :D
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 2, 2021 9:00 PM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
Tootbrush play with your sister, nice
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Jun 10, 2021 3:34 AM
Jul 2019
oy amazing episode, Finally we see Nino that he cares about Uesugi 🤣🥺
Oct 1, 2021 5:03 AM

Apr 2011
Nino drugged him again? I god I hate her.
Nov 11, 2021 11:46 AM

Jul 2014
Pacing felt a little off but it was great seeing some interaction between Uesugi and Nino.
Nov 14, 2021 6:35 AM

Jun 2020
So her name is Rena oh really? and she knows bits of details about him interesting

All that Nino talk is quite cute, And here we go again Kintarou is back, Yeah she's heads over heels for Kintarou, Short hair? oh so we're possibly getting a new look from Nino that might be gorgeous now that I think of it

God this woman is crazy well that thought in my head what if Kintarou is real that would be hilarious seeing Nino mistaking herself, I thought Miku was disguising herself as Nino to somehow talk to Fuutarou but she was breaking in well walking in casually I mean.
Nov 30, 2021 7:25 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Fuutarou never learn a single damn thing when facing Nino through the love matters. Obviously sooner or later she found that out, lmao. But at least when they talked casual, they both could reach a wholesome criteria, while Nino sobing, and then peeking Fuutarou naked body, were some of the greatest dere moment for the tsundere girl. Ofc she just back being a brat again because why not, and ran away, not so long until Miku found her like nothing, lmao. But damn, Nino on that outfit, hot af, ngl.

Well, the same problem occured with Yotsuba. Ichika now handling her well, and the next may possibly clear the track team issue. Itsuki keep staying on Fuutarou's home, and even looks like already adapted well onto Fuutarou's family. But focus will always be with Nino, right?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 21, 2021 1:14 AM
Jun 2020
Nino needs to stop drugging people as a way to solve her problems.
Dec 21, 2021 1:14 AM
Jun 2020
#FreeYotsuba2021
Jul 28, 2022 6:10 AM

Jun 2021
The tooth brushing part
and "Miku pretend forgot her room key agani"
Is funny hahaha xD
Jul 28, 2022 6:11 AM

Jun 2021
Ngl i wont be suprised if Miku becomes a spy or a double for one of the sisters someday LOL
Aug 10, 2022 10:50 PM

Nov 2010
Rena is obviously Ichika. She's good at acting and has wigs for any occasion.

I can't believe Nino still thinks Kintaro is a different person or is she in denial or just pretending? Hmm...

That toothbrush thing with Yotsuba made me remember that scene with Araragi and Karen. I feel like fapping to it right now. hehe
Oct 7, 2022 7:53 AM

Jul 2016
Futaro sincerely describing the quints' strengths and flaws to Rena before immediately calling every single one of them an idiot was hilarious. Speaking of, I genuinely thought Rena was a hallucination at first instead of apparently being a quint in disguise(?)

Man, Nino's whole thing of feeling like she's the only one who can't move on hit a little too close to home. Close friends slowly drifting apart really does happen, and even if it doesn't excuse her, uh, "tsundere-ness", I definitely resonate with her a lot more.

Also, why does Nino have to be so damn adorable only when she's with "Kintaro"? I'm gonna miss that side of her now that the truth's out.
Dec 29, 2022 8:17 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
pankakes!!! profiteroles1!!!! kekeke
Jan 17, 2023 1:34 PM
Oct 2020
second round, masterpiece, this season has changed a little bit the animation, but i think is ok
Jan 24, 2023 1:37 PM

Apr 2013
Hmm... somehow this is not that good. Maybe because with that forced drama it all feels so pointless? Like their problems are just... so hard to understand.
Feb 23, 2023 4:52 PM

Jul 2022
I thought Rena was just an exhaustion-induced fantasy, so I'll be disappointed if it ends up just being a Quint in disguise or, Heaven forbid, an actual new character.

Gator said:
Hmm... somehow this is not that good. Maybe because with that forced drama it all feels so pointless? Like their problems are just... so hard to understand.

I don't like this season nearly as much as Season 1 so far. The drama was pretty convoluted already but it's trending toward overkill for me at this point.

Kojo127 said:
#FreeYotsuba2021

Still here waiting in 2023
Feb 25, 2023 8:56 PM

Aug 2018
Rena, hmm.
Well, now the thing is also for Yotsuba to leave that club.
Mar 5, 2023 10:56 AM
Mar 2023
Achei vergonhoso
Mar 19, 2023 12:52 PM
Mar 2023
WOW THIS CHANEGE MY FUCKING LIVE MY BRAIN IS EXENTLY CHANGED WOW 10/10
Mar 25, 2023 8:25 PM

Dec 2020
Rena gotta be Itsuki in disguise. She knew the story, she had that little charm thing, and everything that was told on the boat didn't surprise her. EXCEPT there was that scene where someone stepped on a branch that overheard them when they walking too. So 🤷‍♀️
Jul 22, 2023 3:46 PM

Jun 2021
oh no, someone else already defeated me in telling a joke as "Katsura janai, Futaro da"

Finally the "Kintaro" act finished, it seemed already unrealistic enough from time before. What is up with Miku using the same hair accessories of Nino?
Oct 21, 2023 5:48 PM
Apr 2023
She should have married Nino in the end. Why didn't she marry the stupid Tsuba? It's a really disgusting anime. The ending was very bad. ANCI resigned.
Feb 16, 1:32 AM
Jan 2024
This epsoide is good but I think the story moves a little slowly.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

AZY-sama - Jan 28, 2021

132 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 13, 3:02 PM

» 2 year later and I still don't understand the miku hype

PointlessSmith - Apr 5, 2021

31 by 7samy »»
Mar 5, 2:43 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2021

260 by Henk-Devries »»
Feb 13, 5:11 PM

» People are sleeping on best girl Itsuki

Helshiki - Nov 3, 2021

31 by DiamSilver »»
Feb 10, 9:52 PM

» Nino Nakano is the Japanese's favorite tsundere

Murayama75 - Jan 22

36 by SonikTonik »»
Jan 26, 7:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.