3It was OK
6.3%
2Disliked it
1.7%
1Hated it
1.4%
Average 4.5
351 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 20, 2021 8:26 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"The hint is within you." Legosi's goal to find Tem's killer starts from there, aided by Rokume/Hexeye. Continuing this search and not discounting himself, Bill sure segway-ed into a risque topic: Legoshi and Haru's "sex" (though they didn't do it, and remained virgins at that). A genuine perv he is one, but even his relationship with Haru being a "glorification" is set in stone..."to love or not to love" is NOT the question, but protection as a source of protecting the heart.

And a male sheep...how bishounen-like. 1st Year dall sheep Pina, a newcomer into the Drama Club, and already getting the flank of the other members, especially tiger Bill. Such a figure though.

Look how the former Beastar Louis has fallen: Deep into peril and darkness, killing off the former lion boss and being declared as the Shishigumi's new boss....a herbivore in the land of carnivores. Having to adapt to the way and life of carnivores, it's a fighting temptation too overpowering to ignore, much less taking the 1st bite of meat for the rest to follow.

Tem's murderer comes straight for Legosi...about time. Who the killer is, we'll know next episode!
KANLen09Jan 20, 2021 5:07 PM
Jan 20, 2021 12:39 PM

Nov 2014
Jan 20, 2021 1:02 PM

Nov 2019
I loved this episode! Its great to see the drama bois hanging out!

And sound design is still very on point! The sounds they used in that steak scenes was anxiety inducing and i love it! The Pina track sounds really playful. I feel like theyre mixing some middle eastern influences in the new scores.

There is one thing that bothers me a bit tho. I feel like they shouldve switched the louis scene and the locker room scene. The pacing kinda broke there for a bit. Maybe its just me tho.
Gosha32Jan 20, 2021 3:26 PM
Jan 20, 2021 7:18 PM
Jul 2018
oh wow this episode was pretty cool, so thats how louis became the leader of the lions. kinda feel bar for haru and legoshi. that ending though...
Jan 20, 2021 8:31 PM

Mar 2020
I'm sorry but I'm very confused: How did Louis shoot himself in the head then wake up without even a scratch on him?

! daily reminder to try not to take it all so seriously !
Jan 20, 2021 8:32 PM

Jun 2019
I wasn’t as hot on this episode as I was with the past 2, but I still enjoyed it. We get a new character in the sheep who should shake things up. Legosi realizing the limitations with his relationship with Haru and distancing himself was bound to happen at some point, I don’t expect it to last too long. Also, I am totally calling that bear in the drama club as the killer.
Jan 20, 2021 10:36 PM
Apr 2019
lemonpandas said:
I'm sorry but I'm very confused: How did Louis shoot himself in the head then wake up without even a scratch on him?
I'm guessing that the lion pushed him away, and maybe Louis fainted from shock. I wish there was more clarity though :/
Jan 20, 2021 10:55 PM
Jan 2019
lemonpandas said:
I mean most likely the lion who jumped at him before he shot, pulled the gun away last second or Louis missed on purpose. I'm just guessing, never read the books.
Jan 21, 2021 1:08 AM

Oct 2017
A deer that ate buffalo meat lol, feels kinda ridiculous but irl deers can turn carnivorous depending on the situation too.

This new sheep aka Pina is rude, narcissist and annoying. Didn't leave a good first impression.

So Legoshi decided to protect Haru from afar. That will be better than their current relationship I guess.
Jan 21, 2021 1:28 AM
Apr 2014
The way how Louis became the head of Shishigumi is interesting, and that Pina is a top-tier narcissistic.

Legosi was pretty hilarious

Jan 21, 2021 2:59 AM
Jan 2019
lemonpandas said:

They probably pushed him out of the way before he could shot himself.
Jan 21, 2021 4:54 AM

May 2018
I was hoping until the last that meat offered to Louis was of the killed boss. Did that meat really taste good or did Louis pretend? I think it's probably the first.
Also, a little hint/spoiler: if I recognized it right,
Nemo_NiemandJan 21, 2021 5:04 AM

Jan 21, 2021 6:35 AM

May 2015
The scene with Louis eating meat felt so disturbing and wrong.
Jan 21, 2021 11:23 AM

Apr 2019
Okay Legosi, better not die on us. I'm guessing whoever that is is also the culprit for Tem's murder.

Jan 21, 2021 2:59 PM

Aug 2020
I was curious when I saw Louis as the leader of those lions. These guys are really thinking that someone like Legosi would fuck. They just left us on a cliffhanger like episode one.
Jan 21, 2021 3:17 PM

Dec 2019
aaa, this episode was so good !! i feel like the first two kinda started off a little weak but this one reminded me why i loved the first season so much. the boys just hanging out was so cute ..

this is the first anime i've read the entire manga before it aired, & i'm soo excited to see how the anime handles the next part -- non-manga readers are in for a treat soon ♥
Jan 21, 2021 4:47 PM

Nov 2019
Who the heck was that creeping onto Legosi from behind like that?

Really liked this episode, can't wait for next week.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Jan 21, 2021 8:19 PM

Apr 2020
Pina has arrived, don't know who he is yet but I think he'll spice things up in our bubble of characters. We also saw how Louis became the leader of the Shishigumi, and that's a lot of guts to pull of there.

Now I don't know why Legoshi will shun himself like that from Haru, but I guess he's not really prepared for a true love. Also a silhouette from the back is ready to attack our Wolf from behind. As of now I'm suspicious with Bill and Puma, we'll have to see.
Jan 22, 2021 3:05 AM

Feb 2014
ttcchen said:

lmao they actually kept the shoujo pose xD

This was the highlight this episode. Liked Legosi going grrrrr.XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 22, 2021 3:36 AM

Mar 2019
I really like the pacing. Quality acting, animation, and overall a good episode.
Jan 22, 2021 3:59 AM

Mar 2016
enjoyed this episode a lot.

legosi go grrrr.

not a fan of that new sheep kid.

i am glad that legosi has taken a step back from haru, it was quite embarrassing for me seieing them together.

louis likes meat :o

Jan 22, 2021 4:24 AM

Oct 2008
the shows keeps getting better and better! always has intense parts!
5/5.

Jan 22, 2021 4:55 AM

Sep 2019
Louis ate a buffalo meat and he loved it. Now that Louis is gone, the drama club needed a new pretty boy. It looks like Haru still loves Louis.
Jan 22, 2021 5:15 AM

Jul 2017
Intense episode as a whole, especially with Louis' internal struggles to try and eat down meat as a herbivore, the anime adapted that scene really well I have to say. Also, Haru seemingly still has feelings for Louis and Legoshi and he says that he's just happy that she's alive and wants to watch her over a distance instead. Poor guy. The voice acting and just directing in that scene too was really strong and felt very intimate when they were close together with Haru grabbing on Legoshi's tie, pulling him closer initially with a light ballad playing in the background.
Jan 22, 2021 6:22 AM

Jul 2020
That cliffhanger though! Solid episode. Can't wait to see how Haru and Legosi's relationship will develop in the next episodes.

I accept random friend requests!
Jan 22, 2021 6:23 AM

Jun 2019
Legoshi and Haru's relationship is not getting better, it's getting complicated. And I don't like it personally. Haru needs to understand her feelings much clearer at this point. Who do you love? Legoshi or Louis? Because atm it looks like Haru still likes Legoshi.
Also, a new character has been introduced which is a handsome white sheep, who seems like a good character but too straightforward.
Loved the episode. Also, that cliffhanger.
Jan 22, 2021 6:52 AM
Apr 2016
Louis went there to die, but once the circumstances bent in a way that challenged him, he took on a rather interesting path.

Good cliffhanger.
Jan 22, 2021 8:16 AM

Mar 2016
Louis's struggles as a herbivore to eat meat, or at the least, appear to do so (Pure herbivores can't digest meat properly and it may lead to malnourishment and poisoning) was pretty nice. The voice acting for Legosi again steals the show in this series. There wasn't really anything particularly bad or lackluster, so it was a pretty solid episode. I'm still not sure how to feel about the stuff coming up next.
Jan 22, 2021 9:36 AM

Dec 2008
Just one word... Pina. I've waited long enough but it was so worth it.
Episode 4 is gonna be WILD.
Jan 22, 2021 10:36 AM

Oct 2019
Man, the visuals with Louis and the meat were cool, great work studio Orange.

FireRifle64Jan 22, 2021 10:40 AM
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jan 22, 2021 10:41 AM
Jul 2014
Kaji yuuki is just excellent as Pina. Next episode things get intimate... if you know you know
Jan 22, 2021 10:45 AM
Mar 2015
It is harder watching the investigation having finished the manga it is no longer a mystery to be solved. Loved Louis becoming king of the beasts. Legoisi just loves Haru too much
Jan 22, 2021 11:02 AM
Dec 2020
ttcchen said:
Best boi Pina is here!!!
Legosi truly is a master at ruining the moment *facepalm
Louis: why be the BEASTARS when I can be the Lion King?

how is pina the blatant racist best boi
Jan 22, 2021 11:39 AM

Jul 2017
bruh Legosi with them awesome virgin powers right at the end

but ignoring that, it's nice to see how different Legosi is when dealing with classmates compared to the beginning of the series, he's really come a long way since then lol

also interesting to see Louis' take over wasn't mainly his decision, only that he refused to let the lions get the better of him
Jan 22, 2021 12:09 PM

Nov 2014
Idrxp_FNS said:
ttcchen said:
Best boi Pina is here!!!
Legosi truly is a master at ruining the moment *facepalm
Louis: why be the BEASTARS when I can be the Lion King?

how is he racist?
Pina is the MVP of this season. He's our lord, our savior, one who we should protect with all our might. You will soon see how glorious Pina's accomplishments are.
Jan 22, 2021 12:13 PM
Dec 2020
ttcchen said:
Idrxp_FNS said:
how is he racist?
Pina is the MVP of this season. He's our lord, our savior, one who we should protect with all our might. You will soon see how glorious Pina's accomplishments are.
he said all carnivores are ugly, called legoshi a puppy, and said all carnivores stink. That’s just one episode. I’m assuming you read the manga but I haven’t and based off what I know he working on being #2 most hated behind legoshi at #1
Jan 22, 2021 12:33 PM

Aug 2017
legoshi looked sick in that outfit at the end, such a chad.
Jan 22, 2021 2:06 PM

Nov 2014
Idrxp_FNS said:
ttcchen said:
how is he racist?
he said all carnivores are ugly, called legoshi a puppy, and said all carnivores stink. That’s just one episode. I’m assuming you read the manga but I haven’t and based off what I know he working on being #2 most hated behind legoshi at #1

Well, he did say it was "scientifically-proven" but it could still be him just teasing everyone and being a little shit on purpose just to rile them up and laugh at their reactions. Also, he called Legosi a doggy, not a puppy, and he's not exactly wrong about that.
Dunno what you have against Legosi. He's one of the most liked characters in the BEASTARS community so since you're hating on such a well-liked character I don't doubt you'll hate Pina too despite his later developments gaining him lots of fans amongst the readers. And why not add Louis too that pile too? Just hate them all since you obviously don't like likeable characters like them.
Jan 22, 2021 3:08 PM
Nov 2019
The new sheep guy is cool.
Jan 22, 2021 3:42 PM
Jan 22, 2021 4:32 PM
Dec 2020
ttcchen said:
Idrxp_FNS said:

Well, he did say it was "scientifically-proven" but it could still be him just teasing everyone and being a little shit on purpose just to rile them up and laugh at their reactions. Also, he called Legosi a doggy, not a puppy, and he's not exactly wrong about that.
Dunno what you have against Legosi. He's one of the most liked characters in the BEASTARS community so since you're hating on such a well-liked character I don't doubt you'll hate Pina too despite his later developments gaining him lots of fans amongst the readers. And why not add Louis too that pile too? Just hate them all since you obviously don't like likeable characters like them.
legoshi and the sheep guy are both prejudice towards carnivores, sorry if I don’t racists. I respect Louis even though I don’t like him for obvious reasons
Jan 22, 2021 4:33 PM

Feb 2019
Studio Orange really be out there, saving anime by animating grrr Legosi.
Jan 22, 2021 4:44 PM

Sep 2008
I like this series, but some parts are so uncomfortable to watch for me, because they are animals I start to think it could better if they were humans, but because they animals is interesting.
Jan 22, 2021 5:00 PM

Sep 2017
God damn what happened to Louis is so fucked up. Imagine waking up surrounded by basically a bunch of murderers and then they force you to eat human flesh or they will kill you and eat you instead.
Jan 22, 2021 5:02 PM

Jun 2015
Pina sounds almost like I imagined. Nailed it
Jan 22, 2021 5:56 PM
Jun 2017
What the feeling Louis being a herbivore eating some meat? Hahahaha...
Jan 22, 2021 6:14 PM

Nov 2014
Idrxp_FNS said:
ttcchen said:

legoshi and the sheep guy are both prejudice towards carnivores, sorry if I don’t racists. I respect Louis even though I don’t like him for obvious reasons
the reasons aren't so obvious to me. And how exactly is legosi prejudiced against carnivores??
Jan 22, 2021 7:19 PM
Dec 2020
ttcchen said:
Idrxp_FNS said:
the reasons aren't so obvious to me. And how exactly is legosi prejudiced against carnivores??
the way legoshi speaks negative about carnivores erks me. Louis confidence and how he tells legoshi he needs to take pride in himself makes me like him, I’m sure that’s why everyone else likes Louis
Jan 22, 2021 8:08 PM
Jun 2017
It's worth pointing out that Dom was the only male that clapped when Pina was introduced. (Aside from Riz...)
It's a damn fucking shame we didn't get Priestgoshi. I was eagerly looking forward to that.
I guess they didn't want to be offensive or something, but the could have just removed the religious symbols. What a shame. I am again very disappointed, though of course I understand the cost of making a new model just for a scene that would be aired for 10 seconds at most.

Aoba was spitting out pure facts as always. It's a shame he doesn't get much screentime.

I don't have anything more to say for now, so I'll leave this here.
Jan 22, 2021 11:37 PM

Nov 2012
I can't stand that bunny. I never liked Haru or Louis. I loved the rest.
Legoisi obviously doesn't feel a threat behind him.

I forgot who said check the shadows, but I did. I never thought he'd be the killer.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2021

200 by fatekkjjkk »»
Yesterday, 11:56 AM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2021

102 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 9, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2021

70 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 8, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2021

70 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 5, 2023 1:23 AM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2021

63 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 4, 2023 12:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.