Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 19, 2021 10:25 PM

Jun 2017
Scepster said:
Does anybody else think the OP is good but sounds more like an ED?

In fact this song (Sudachi no Uta) was once used as ED in Nichijou, ep. 21:

Jan 19, 2021 11:11 PM

Feb 2016
Even though it was just casually mentioned on the first episode, it's more impactful from now on knowing that all the people Ai "saves" are still trapped in another world. I hope we're able to see an episode that focuses on Koito being saved by a Wonder Egg girl. I can see it happening if Ai teamed up with someone and maybe that went on a mission together (If that's even allowed).

She's still so mysterious and I feel like her trauma goes much deeper than just being bullied by classmates
Jan 19, 2021 11:18 PM
Oct 2017
*the anime discussing about themes of harassment, bullying, and mental issues
the Soundtrack:

like lmao i couldn't take it seriously when the beat dropped when minami saying she's not good. this was also in the first ep but I didn't know they would stick to the EDM life.
Jan 20, 2021 12:26 AM

Dec 2018
Yoooo! This anime is really shaping up to be insane! Really looking forward to next weeks episode ^.^
Jan 20, 2021 12:36 AM
Jan 2019
yo who was the voice actor for that one therapist guy? the voice sounded familiar....
Jan 20, 2021 1:16 AM

Dec 2020
Where do they get the eggs from again?

And who are the two creepy guys who look like straw dolls?

was this mentioned in the first episode already or is it still to be revealed later on??
Jan 20, 2021 1:20 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yep, this look pretty much Flip Flappers so far with the differences come from Ai that need to cracked a lot of egg to make her wish to come true. However, whats her real wish, exactly? Cause that exotic quiet girl name Neiru indirectly bring a good question over her priority. Or was it even important at all? Well, no matter that, Ai encounters of another egg maiden, these time, reached those girl heart, and making themself as a good friends in the process. The term of friendship, connected them both with those kind of situations. Ai changed her bravery into a satisfaction end, and killed those wacky wonder egg trauma. Then Neiru opened up her heart toward Ai, after whatever shit happened to her before. I just be glad they both made it alive to continued their next journey, to cracking more eggs.

I just hope they both formed a cooperation to solved the mystery behind those egg gacha system. Lol. Whatever. Lets wait till the next priority....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 20, 2021 1:31 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Will_do_it_later said:

was this mentioned in the first episode already or is it still to be revealed later on??

If i am not wrong, they got it from the unknown world. Idk, i shall call it wonderland, cause its wonderful. Lol. The name of the straw dolls already mentioned in the first episode near the end. The exact role of those twos still unknown, for me. Maybe they both are the guardians for those place where gacha egg machine stands? Dunno.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 20, 2021 1:43 AM

Mar 2020
I'm really enjoying this so far, with the artstyle, with the music -- yeah, i'll just say with everything that this has so far. I also liked the OP and the ED. This has gotten me invested, and im now looking forward to more episodes.

This has potential to be AOTS imo, sadly this is overshadowed by other more popular shows. This might be more popular as more time passes by, and hopefully this just gets better from here on out.
PanainooJan 20, 2021 1:48 AM
Jan 20, 2021 1:46 AM

Jan 2020
Scepster said:
Does anybody else think the OP is good but sounds more like an ED?

This episode was good though and I’m starting to get the hang of the plot. Anyway I hope Rika appears next episode, I love her character design already

Nah , it fits better . The op for "tragic" start and ed for celebration for solving problems
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Jan 20, 2021 3:16 AM

Jun 2019
Wow, the ugly teacher. This show does have potential. Being creepy with beautiful colors.
OP and ED are pretty good.
Jan 20, 2021 3:37 AM
Jan 2021
This anime gives me anohana vibe
Jan 20, 2021 4:08 AM

Jan 2015
Will_do_it_later said:

It was revealed in an interview with the director
Jan 20, 2021 5:12 AM
May 2015
Really enjoying it so far, gives me serious Madoka vibes which is always great. I'm curious if we're ever going to see a boy come out of the eggs at one point.
My candies:

Bonus candies:
Jan 20, 2021 5:25 AM
Apr 2019
Interesting. So those monsters are traumas that took physical form. The animation is very pleasing to watch, especially in wide screen tv <3
Jan 20, 2021 8:54 AM

Dec 2016
This episode was traumatizing yet interesting....it went from being fluffy→dark→disgusting→fluffy

That coach just turned into a butthole with hemorrhoids, brown shits coming out and then turned into a four boobed monster which shoots multi colored shits....●_● I can't see boobs in the same way for a while.

Did the other female students harass Koito by stripping her? 'Ω'

Ai changed so much, it's too cute. Love how she's into people's figures XD

So, they will get back their loved ones if they protect the person who hatches from the egg, to protect that person they have to kill the “object” that caused them to end their lives. So, what I don't understand is if Ai manages to save all the hatched humans, will she really get Koito back? Didn't Koito commit suicide? Or did she just disappear?

I hope the next episode focuses more on Neiru and her sister. Also can't wait for the other two characters to show up.
Jan 20, 2021 9:27 AM
Aug 2017
Lelouch0202 said:
This is great, really liking it.

The story seems interesting, so they need to help the person in the egg overcome their trauma. My guess is that they are helping dead people overcome their trauma, I wonder if that means at some point we'll see them meet Koito inside the egg?

Action scenes are quite nice, the art is great and the animation is good too. The soundtrack really stands out though, has a very classy feel to it.

So Neiru tried to take on multiple at the same time and ended up injured, she definitely bit of more than she could chew there. The final scene with Neiru and Ai becoming friends was great especially when Neiru smiled. :)

I do have one question, what happened to Ai's injuries? In the previous episode the stab affected her in the real world but here she seems to be fine. I wonder if it's because she helped the person in the egg overcome the trauma she doesn't take any damage?

I think she did take damage. That's why she was in the hospital with her family.
Jan 20, 2021 11:01 AM

Aug 2019
SENSEI SAYONARA!!!
So Wonder Egg and its trauma huh? Somes lines really hit hard in this ep. Im really liking the art, they're doing a great job making the monsters creepy.

I need more clarification about what happened to Koito.
Jan 20, 2021 11:56 AM

Nov 2011
Heavily implied that Sensei raped Koito. Which would make sense in regards to the bullying as well. Also I guess this is Kingdom Hearts the anime? I'll take it I guess lol.

The only flaws with this anime so far is that it's slightly rushed. But I think the simple understanding of characters that Ai tries to save, Koito's past, and the current budding friendship between her and Neiru make up for it.

My Major issue is wondering why Ai has a bunk bed....siblings yet to be introduced?
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 20, 2021 12:23 PM

Apr 2018
CareBear said:
Even though it was just casually mentioned on the first episode, it's more impactful from now on knowing that all the people Ai "saves" are still trapped in another world.

Thank you for this, three pages of people theorising about something we've been already told in the very first epi had made me wonder if i just dreamt that bit up myself lmao glad to know i haven't gone insane

That being said, the OP really got me. I don't know what I was expecting but I know it wasn't that and I absolutely love how different it is. I can just see it being used in some late season episode to make us all cry anohana style. Also damn good job seiyuus, that's one hell of a performance.

Ngl, Ai being surprised by the coach being the Wonder Killer made me laugh, just bc my immediate response was OF COURSE that's her trauma, she did GYMNASTICS. Don't know a single person who got out of any type of gymnastics NOT traumatised lmao

I did perhaps expect the show to take a more horror/thriller approach, but it p much went for straight up action in this episode. Oh well, not what i was hoping for, but i can dig that as well. If nothing else the penblade is pretty funky

Gotta agree with the folks who brought up a slightly faster pacing this episode, I'm a bit worried about how he show is going to deal with the egg of the week format while also, presumably, spending more and more time on the reoccurring cast and their relationships. Really hoping that we see them working together at some point, I think that could be a fun solution to both having them interact and keeping the episodic format for a while longer.

SoraSenpai said:

My Major issue is wondering why Ai has a bunk bed....siblings yet to be introduced?

Also gotta say, i'm a grown ass adult with a bunk bed just bc i have nowhere else to put it lmao bunk beds are are great space saver
Hers does seem to have another bed underneath, but it also could just be storage space
elanyJan 20, 2021 12:44 PM
Jan 20, 2021 1:59 PM
Aug 2020
I honestly don't really know what to say - everything just looks, and sounds amazing. If it get to continue like this during the whole show I'll put without any hesitation a solid 10/10
Jan 20, 2021 5:09 PM

Aug 2020
another great episode, the op was so beautiful. Looks like the injuries you get in this other world affects you in the real world too.
Jan 20, 2021 7:17 PM

Oct 2008
another masterpiece episode!
and god! the visuals are phenomenally stunning! even better than PA Works!
5/5.

Jan 20, 2021 11:59 PM
Dec 2017
Ok can we just admire this moment we're having right now watching what can become one of the greatests anime?
The soundtrack = very good. AMAZING OP!!! Production still perfect. They deal so well with the complexity of humans problems and relationships. They made me feel trully connected with the characters, and we're still only in the second episode. And the art still perfect. Animation is strong, didnt saw any major problem. Plus, can I say I really loved the idea that the eggs are people that killed themselfs and she needs to defeat their major fear in a monster version?? Yep.... I see a big 10 potential here
Jan 21, 2021 5:01 AM
Apr 2019
wait a damn second, this is just persona 4 with a full female cast. you help someone by using a certain trigger at night, and save them by beating the crap out the personification of someone's internal problems.

other than that, the episode felt alright, and the tiddy gun was funny
Jan 21, 2021 5:41 AM

Apr 2020
Depending on where this goes, this could become my favorite of the season. The visuals are so aesthetically pleasing and I'd like to hope that the writing will live up to its stellar production values.
Jan 21, 2021 7:30 AM
Jul 2018
it was interesting the fights in the episode, op is very good I liked it a lot.
Jan 21, 2021 8:29 AM
Jul 2018
Interesting. I wonder what would be next after she manages to make friends with all 3 of the girls shown in the promo image? Not convinced the statue is really Koito. If I remember correctly, the statue's face has not been fully revealed right?
Jan 21, 2021 10:54 AM

Apr 2017
I hadn't considered the possibility of the teacher abusing Koito, but it makes sense. The other girls become jealous and start bullying her, adding onto the pile of crap the poor girl has to live with.

It's also an interesting theory that the girls Ai and Neiru help are deceased (by helping them let go of grudges or regrets)? Who knows. There was something about the shot of Minami in bed that was a bit...unsettling.

Especially with her saying "I wish I'd met you sooner, Ai." and "Will you remember me sometimes?"

I think there's something different about Ai; she's much more brightly colored than everyone else around her. I don't remember there being any explanation for her heterochromia either, and it's in the flashbacks of Koito being bullied too; perhaps we'll see more about it in the next episodes.
Pande91Jan 21, 2021 10:59 AM
Jan 21, 2021 12:30 PM

Feb 2019
I think what this show really needs at the moment is to show that these dream fights are actually having some kind of effect. The Gospel of Uncle Ben meets Persona thing that it's doing is solid enough, although I think we could have done without the ogre woman with floppy boobs who shoots paint from them, and it really seems like the kind of thing where they'd rolling the saving of one girl into her helping save the next, but it's not really clear what murdering the monster avatars of abusive people actually does, or if it's all some kind of delusion for her own self-satisfaction of wanting to see herself as a hero. On the other hand, we have the whole other egg girl bit, which couldn't be less subtle if it was painted on a charging elephant. It was also pretty shoehorned in.

It was still a strong second episode. I dig its core schtick and am very pleasantly surprised at its continued focus on being an action show. I just think it needs to do a little bit better job making the case that A.) What they're doing actually matters since it's all incredibly surreal and dream-like, and B.) They really need to justify where this whole wish thing came from. I also feel like we could have just left the suicide girl as where she already was, but apparently we're going to be over-melodrama-ing the ever-living hell out of it, with imputations that she was sexually assaulted as well as sleeping with one of the teachers. Less is more.
Jan 21, 2021 1:59 PM

Apr 2018
I just can't get enough of this anime. Absolutely stunning animation and plot. Episode one pulled me in, but now I'm legit craving more.
Jan 21, 2021 8:24 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Yeah first boss was DEFINITELY just a tutorial, or not even a boss at all lol. Can't wait to see her level up and take down even more intimidating opponents

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 22, 2021 1:34 AM

Feb 2020
Ok... This is so cool... Just like SAO but... Without VR and least flashing light lol... And the Animation was amazing... I Mean did you look how the second Ep go... Nuts... Fucking amazing show... Baby.
Jan 22, 2021 4:22 AM

Nov 2013
Oh no... WHAT IF MC and the new girl are also dead? So far it seems like both girls MC saved - probably killed themselves and got "stuck in a limbo" because of a traumatic memory that needed to be dealt with, for them to "move on". YET, MC and the new girl both seem to have traumatic events as well: 1 - is being bullied, 2 - blames herself for her sister's death. The two may be exceptions and the only ones who are still alive. But this could very well be a trick. I fear at least one of them may end up "as an egg", or may even be dead already and have to save others to redeem their souls or whatever.
Jan 22, 2021 7:19 AM

Apr 2012
Hmm, when people said earlier that premise gives them the feeling of Utena, I thought "huh, there is only an egg in common." But the more I watch this anime, the more I get similar WTF questions. This is only the second episode, but I'm already wondering how it will end at the end with so many weird things.

2077 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
wow, another very nice episode. the production quality of this anime is so insane, this animation and soundtrack are just beautiful.

opening is really nice, song really fits this anime imo and love the visuals too. same for the ending, the pictures look so aesthetic and the song has a nice vibe. mc is pretty gay this episode too and that new gymnastics girl was quite interesting, what happened to her though, did she die or was she like never real in the first place? i'm a little confused as to what's going on though with the other girl going in the hospital, did i miss something?

regardless, this episode was great. ai made her first friend, looking forward to next week.

Do you consider gay any interaction between girls in general? No, I was fine with your thoughts after the first episode, as it was the first episode and any speculation made some sense, but the second still had nothing but the idealized friendship of moe teenage girls.
Jan 22, 2021 7:21 AM
Jul 2018
RobertBobert said:
Hmm, when people said earlier that premise gives them the feeling of Utena, I thought "huh, there is only an egg in common." But the more I watch this anime, the more I get similar WTF questions. This is only the second episode, but I'm already wondering how it will end at the end with so many weird things.

2077 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
wow, another very nice episode. the production quality of this anime is so insane, this animation and soundtrack are just beautiful.

opening is really nice, song really fits this anime imo and love the visuals too. same for the ending, the pictures look so aesthetic and the song has a nice vibe. mc is pretty gay this episode too and that new gymnastics girl was quite interesting, what happened to her though, did she die or was she like never real in the first place? i'm a little confused as to what's going on though with the other girl going in the hospital, did i miss something?

regardless, this episode was great. ai made her first friend, looking forward to next week.

Do you consider gay any interaction between girls in general? No, I was fine with your thoughts after the first episode, as it was the first episode and any speculation made some sense, but the second still had nothing but the idealized friendship of moe teenage girls.

yes, i mean its not just any interaction.. the signs are definitely there
Jan 22, 2021 7:28 AM

Apr 2012
2077 said:
RobertBobert said:

I still don't understand about what "signs", you are talking about. I even rewatched the last episode several times after our dialogue, but there was nothing but moe well-written friendship. That's why I made this conclusion.
Jan 22, 2021 7:33 AM
Jan 2021
This sht is weird as fck. Count me in! But sht man why does koito have to... Fck,it hurts every time she appears. It seems like the teacher has got something to do with her too or was i seeing things? Anyway im really curious about her story i just hope my heart can handle it lol.
Also the opening was a perfect fit to me. But I just realized how shinsei kamattechan's discography would fit this anime too, they both surreal and psychedelic that would be an awesome pair.
Jan 22, 2021 7:35 AM
Jul 2018
RobertBobert said:
2077 said:

I still don't understand about what "signs", you are talking about. I even rewatched the last episode several times after our dialogue, but there was nothing but moe well-written friendship. That's why I made this conclusion.

i can think theyre gay if i want, why does it bother you so much?
Jan 22, 2021 7:39 AM

Apr 2012
2077 said:
RobertBobert said:

i can think theyre gay if i want, why does it bother you so much?

This worries me because I absolutely do not understand why you think so. I just get started very easily when I don't understand why people took some idea.
Jan 22, 2021 7:46 AM

Jun 2016
the animation in this anime is top tier !!!

other else i didnt find anything good so far from this anime..
Jan 22, 2021 11:20 AM
Sep 2020
revzy said:
This anime just screams "you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention"

This episode's scenario sort of reminded me a bit of the Kamishida arc from Persona 5. From the abusive coach to the horrifying transformation.

Also I really like the opening and ost so far.
i was thinking the same thing, this show is like a weird mix of madoka magica and persona 5.
Jan 22, 2021 1:50 PM

Apr 2012
MoreFoghorn said:
revzy said:
This anime just screams "you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention"

This episode's scenario sort of reminded me a bit of the Kamishida arc from Persona 5. From the abusive coach to the horrifying transformation.

Also I really like the opening and ost so far.
i was thinking the same thing, this show is like a weird mix of madoka magica and persona 5.

Persona 5 ? Why this? Because of personal worlds?
Jan 22, 2021 2:27 PM
Dec 2020
I had my suspicions about Koito and the teacher too - but Ai says she "doesn't hate" him. Instead, I think Koito went to the teacher about the bullying - or something else - and he failed her in some way (much like this episode's girl and her coach). Or Koito loved her teacher and he didn't reciprocate, which was the immediate trigger of the suicide. She seems pretty unfazed by the bullying on its own, so I think something else happened. (I love Koito's character, by the way. She's so stoic and generally done with everyone's bullshit while still being super sweet.)

I wonder if they are going to pull a Madoka later on. The violence is already pretty full-on at times so am unsure whether it needs to get any angstier. At the moment I really enjoy the chill scenes interspersed with the action horror - sort of like a reminder that Ai can still feel happiness even though she's horribly traumatised. I think that's what sets it apart from many other adolescent-angst dramas.

(I agree that something is odd about Ai. She's the only one on the poster with her eyes open.)
Jan 22, 2021 2:46 PM
Sep 2020
RobertBobert said:
MoreFoghorn said:

yeah not the plot of persona 5 just the personal worlds where you have to fight some sort of shadow version of a real person
Jan 22, 2021 4:29 PM

Apr 2012
MoreFoghorn said:
RobertBobert said:

yeah not the plot of persona 5 just the personal worlds where you have to fight some sort of shadow version of a real person

I see. Well, I'm still waiting for the tomboy and yankee episode, I wonder what their worlds will be.
Jan 22, 2021 4:42 PM
Sep 2020
RobertBobert said:
MoreFoghorn said:

I see. Well, I'm still waiting for the tomboy and yankee episode, I wonder what their worlds will be.
yeah lol, i guess we will see!
Jan 22, 2021 7:38 PM
Jul 2018
Glordit said:

Wonder Egg, more like Wonder Acid.

Haha LOL, you're right. Wonder acid is a perfect description. I really hope they release some sort of book or lore related supplement for the show, IIRC it doesn't have any source material. Maybe a lore/art book in the future would be amazing
Jan 22, 2021 7:41 PM
Jul 2018
ERROR-88 said:
Another great episode! The animation during the fight scene was immaculate and I really like the soundtracks in this anime. The OP has a creepy and calm feel, and the ED has a cutesy happy vibe.

It was pretty interesting to find out that the monster aka Wonder Killer is actually the form of an Egg's trauma. I'm really curious to see what kind of Wonder Killer Ai is going to go up against next and how creepy these Wonder Killers are going to be because the one we saw in this episode was very creepy.

The scene where Ai and Neiru were on the rooftop was very cute to see, and I'm really glad that they became friends. I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest of the MCs because their character designs are looking really nice.

This whole anime really reminds me of the Persona titles. The egg's trauma and the whole structure of fighting off those creatures are similar to Persona. I like it alot, and yes. The scene with Ai and Neiru was really wholesome

Jan 22, 2021 10:49 PM

Apr 2012
@ideology1 Well, if it's popular enough, they can still release a fanbook or guide. I don't know, but maybe Utena or Madoka had this too.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 30, 2021

411 by nyaasar »»
Apr 9, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 23, 2021

301 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 3:55 AM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Feb 16, 2021

254 by RobertBobert »»
Mar 18, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aikotoba - Jan 12, 2021

430 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 3:06 AM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Mar 9, 2021

169 by LilYellowBean »»
Feb 29, 6:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.