Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2021 6:24 AM

Apr 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Photon Maiden is well trained in their singing and dancing, but saki wants to try and make her own music! They need that extra something, that different color to improve. Saki's song is approved! This style of photo maiden is so good! The Visuals were ingeniuous!

Needed to see some good 3dcg after seeing Ex-Arm episode 1 last week.

Jan 2014
I feel sorry for Photon. Must be hard having a company on your back, wanting you to do well, and produce results. Compared to it being for fun reasons in Happy around. Not that the members of Photon can't have fun, but they have to do well. So makes me happy seeing them, mainly Saki wanting to step out of their usual comfort zone, and chasing something they want to be good at. Gave a bit more character to Saki and PM members in general, and I loved it.

A good episode, a diff episode since it was focused on a different group, but it was fairly welcomed for sure. With a lovely new song to boot.

Mar 2012
This is Galaxy Express 999 Photon Maiden ver for those who are curious. You can find MV of other unit in my other thread.

There are lot of Merm4id this episode. We will see them in season 2 I guess or at least in the Petit Mix later.

The focus is on PM this time. They really are good at spreading focus like this which I like.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.

Jul 2017
Episode 11 is out!

Well, if that wasn't an easy and predictable win for Happy Around!. Now they have to face against the other groups.

Momma Raychell at least is kind to Photon Maiden, so it's a good lesson.

Rei's song "Brand New World" truly speaks volumes of HappyAra's image, and casts the group in a different light, a diversive one.

The moment when "Galaxy Express 999" came in, I knew that it would be the perfect challenge for Saki, creating her own cover of the song under "DJ Doragon" moniker, but that isn't enough to capture attention...press F for respect.

Turning into Saki the Stalker, that is a wild goose chase to pursue Maho down to acquire for some remix help. And don't get started on the Saki X Maho DJ ship. As if that's not enough, Rei and Aya hitting it off with their awkward blushing conversation, and all that compiles Photon Maiden's rehash of an image, inspired from Happy Around!.

Let the -Rebiirth- take control for a VIP remix! Photon Update Complete!
Jan 15, 2021 6:27 AM
Jul 2018
episode 11 is finally here~! saki stalking maho at the start was so funny lmao, maho is a pretty good teacher too. also some nice development for photon maiden, their performances were really good, this anime’s has too many amazing songs.

maybe we'll get to see the sunset festival next episode? looking forward to it!
Jan 15, 2021 6:34 AM

Apr 2014
Photon Maiden starts to move forward, making their own song, and try something different than usual. Which the result turn out to be good. Their new remix is great, I really like it.
Saki stalking Maho is very funny. I hope it could be a bit longer than that.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 15, 2021 6:55 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That whole DJ DRAGON remix plot was really interesting.
Also it's nice to see more of Photon Maiden with their representation at then.
It was a risk to take but they did well, the live remix was great!
Jan 15, 2021 8:30 AM
Nov 2018
Very good chapter. I liked the direction they gave Photon Maiden. Oh and by the way, I screamed like a fangirl when I saw a few seconds of Merm4id on the screen.
Jan 15, 2021 8:57 AM

Sep 2019
Photon Maiden's song was good, though I liked their other ones better. It's good to see that they solved their problem quickly.
Jan 15, 2021 9:13 AM

Sep 2009
I already heard the song from this ep. but I forgot the title. Could someone remind it?
Jan 15, 2021 11:07 AM
May 2019
Yet another fantastic episode. Got to see some character development for some of the Photon Maiden members. I like how Saki decided it was a good idea to take a page out of Happy Ara’s book and do a song unlike the unit’s status quo. Something like that always leads to great creativity and it pays off here with a great song. For some reason I didn’t like Photon Maiden’s music before the anime but after they showed up in the show, their music has become some of my favorite music out of all 6 total groups in the franchise. I guess Photon Maiden isn’t really “competition” for Happy Ara anymore so Maho was more than fine with helping Saki out. However, I don’t think stalking Maho was the best course of action lol. There were a nice couple of nods to Merm4id here, which is nice to see. I guess next week we’ll be seeing some more development for Rinku and Muni and their friendship. Cant wait.
Jan 15, 2021 2:39 PM

Jul 2015
Lovely episode! I'm glad that the defeat to Hapiara was just the start of a way stronger Photon Maiden. I already loved the original Akatsuki and they did one extra step to make it shine brighter.

Shinobu going from "who cares about those noobs" to full interest towards Hapiara's performances is so cute, that blushing face hnggg.

Merm4id cameo! Now both Rondo and them appeared for a moment in the D4DJ anime, only the Lyrical Lily girls left, since I guess the last episode will be the Sunset Stage event I hope that maybe they show up there, I want to see best girl Kurumi already q_q

Smug Noa was the moment of the episode, yep yep.

Jan 15, 2021 3:14 PM

Apr 2015
Another great episode, loved the attention Photon Maiden got this time around. Not everything is about Happy around and I appreciate that.

Credit to the members of Happy around for actually helping their competitors.

Really curious to see how many more episodes we're gonna get, doesn't seem like ending yet and I don't want it to end.
Jan 15, 2021 3:38 PM

Oct 2008
alright! it's Photon Maiden's time to shine! so happy for them!
CHUCHU = Tsumugi Risa - high pitch voice
Andou(Assault Lily) = Tsumugi Risa - low pitch voice
Izumo = Tsumugi Risa - a different kind of pitch voice damn! she's got a lot of ranges! impressive!
5/5.

Jan 16, 2021 12:11 AM

Oct 2007
nice to know that PM producer is reasonable person, allowing the group some room to express themselves.

Jan 16, 2021 12:37 AM

Mar 2019
what a cool producer PM has...she didn't even shout at them although the big loss...well indeed you can only practice more and get better.

Today is also the release of the Dub, I have been never interested in that tbh but did you know that Karin Kagami the voice of Maho Akashi, will be reprising the same role she voiced, in English? That is pretty awesome...Maho-chan's voice voicing the character in English
Jan 16, 2021 12:54 AM

Feb 2016
Photon Maiden really is great, I really like Saki and Towa x3
I'm so happy their producer is a good person, I thought she was going to be really damn angry xD

Seeing Rei training her dance just like Rinku does was the best part for me <3

And the beautiful TRUE smile of Saki <3

I also liked Merm4id's little cameo, we still don't know how many episodes this season will have but there is no way next one is the last since will just be about Muni and Rinku again, and we still need to see RONDO and Lyrical Lily in some way.

Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Jan 16, 2021 3:12 AM

Sep 2009
StallionXD said:

I also liked Merm4id's little cameo, we still don't know how many episodes this season will have but there is no way next one is the last since will just be about Muni and Rinku again, and we still need to see RONDO and Lyrical Lily in some way.

Rondo already had a cameo. They were playing shiritori while passing Rei on the street in one of the previous eps.

BTW, I'm still wondering why Rachels character became a producer while Nana Mizukis one works in that coffee-shop show characters visit.
Jan 16, 2021 4:43 AM

Jul 2015
CeddyyBearr said:
Really curious to see how many more episodes we're gonna get, doesn't seem like ending yet and I don't want it to end.

It's been announced for a while that it will be 13 episodes, so two more weeks left, MAL is just slow as hell as usual and hasn't put that.

We're thankfully getting a short anime right after starting the 5th of February... and yeah, that MAL doesn't have yet added to the database either, you can check more info on that on a thread I made on reddit about it (https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/kug9sa/d4dj_petit_mix_mini_anime_announced_starts_the/)

Bushiroad is pushing really hard for this multimedia project so I wouldn't be too worried in terms of getting an eventual sequel in the near future, the hype train has to continue!
Jan 16, 2021 6:00 AM

Apr 2015
MetaThPr4h said:
CeddyyBearr said:

It's been announced for a while that it will be 13 episodes, so two more weeks left, MAL is just slow as hell as usual and hasn't put that.

We're thankfully getting a short anime right after starting the 5th of February... and yeah, that MAL doesn't have yet added to the database either, you can check more info on that on a thread I made on reddit about it (https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/kug9sa/d4dj_petit_mix_mini_anime_announced_starts_the/)

Bushiroad is pushing really hard for this multimedia project so I wouldn't be too worried in terms of getting an eventual sequel in the near future, the hype train has to continue!

Thanks for the info! I am glad to hear we will have the girls for a little while longer this winter ^^
Jan 16, 2021 8:06 AM

Apr 2020
Wow so we focused on the Photon Maiden this episode, and especially on Saki. The girl wants the group to have a new color and after some networking and risky effort, they pulled it off.

Their performance at the end, once again, fucking great song! I know I already heard the song before (maybe on D4DJ's YT channel, when I looked it up), but that beat, THAT DROP, fucking EARWORM status, that melody is not gonna go away just like that for me. Btw we also have a cameo from Mermaid group, but I don't know if they can really show up this season.

Either way, very good episode. We're going back to Happy Ara like usual, although Muni x Rinku rift is not gonna look pretty. If I'm right, I think we're only gonna have 2 episodes left, so groups like Mermaid, Rondo and Lyrical Lily will appear on a sequel season.
Jan 16, 2021 10:03 AM

Dec 2018
A bit boring to be honest. The lesbians should touch each other more often,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEES

But my lesbian angel Rei was praised several times . And her cute blushing was all worth it

Yuri-CrusaderJan 16, 2021 1:30 PM
Jan 16, 2021 1:41 PM

Jan 2019
MetaThPr4h said:
CeddyyBearr said:

As I understand it, they just announced the mini anime and didn't say anything about the main series.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Jan 16, 2021 10:21 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Shinobu tsundere-ish never failed to amaze me. Lol.

Ah Photon Maiden evolution. They took the risk as how Happy Ara did that previously. A new color, its looked calmer, but energic. Its not so cool and stylish, but felt strong as how its a new remix they did after such a long time. Such an obvious they took the decision of following their rival route to changed the color. As the result, its not that bad, and proved to satisfied the audience more than their default settings of imagery.

Thats how they learnt from their mistake and took a stepped up into the right direction. The Producer herself looked even more nicer, and pretty chill in this episode. She letting the girls tried what they did as their best effort to changed. That's a good respond and like that kind of direction. No shite, and just happy around, as how the Happy Ara members taught them to evolve. That's sweet, that's adorable, no other thing i can say instead of those two....

13 episodes only, or more than that?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 16, 2021 10:41 PM

Oct 2017
An episode focused on Photon Maiden or should I say Saki of Photon Maiden. She was having trouble mixing music but thnx to Maho chan's help she made a great one. Their new song was really cool.

Is next episode the last one? If it is then I sure hope they announce another season cause one more episode is not enough to conclude this anime.
Jan 17, 2021 2:01 AM

Sep 2009
MegamiRem said:
An episode focused on Photon Maiden or should I say Saki of Photon Maiden. She was having trouble mixing music but thnx to Maho chan's help she made a great one. Their new song was really cool.

Is next episode the last one? If it is then I sure hope they announce another season cause one more episode is not enough to conclude this anime.

As It was already mentioned above: 2 more eps. to go.
Jan 27, 2021 1:51 AM

Aug 2018
THE SONG WAS SO GOOD!!!
GOOD CHAPTER
Feb 13, 2021 1:28 AM

Dec 2012
Photon Maiden reminds me of Roselia from BanG Dream. They're certainly cool which is why the new song's passion brought a new heat that was like a blue flame.
Feb 18, 2021 3:44 AM
Jan 2020
This episode was more focused on Photon Maiden and their development. They seem to have found a new colour, a new direction, a new way of presenting their songs. They presented their own remix on stage and I wont lie, it was brutally amazing. The trap beat and the mix of pop was beautifully done. Even their producer loved it. Happy Around is mingling with Photon Maiden and its good to see that there are no dramas popping up.
Feb 18, 2021 3:45 AM
Jan 2020
This episode was more focused on Photon Maiden and their development. They seem to have found a new colour, a new direction, a new way of presenting their songs. They presented their own remix on stage and I wont lie, it was brutally amazing. The trap beat and the mix of pop was beautifully done. Even their producer loved it. Happy Around is mingling with Photon Maiden and its good to see that there are no dramas popping up.
Apr 10, 2021 8:44 AM

Feb 2020
Interesting episode focusing on Photon Maiden. It's nice that they are moving forward and trying new things.

I liked their new song.

SerafosDec 28, 2023 4:27 AM
Apr 14, 2021 9:34 PM

Jul 2013
I love Saki so much 💗

Jul 24, 2023 12:53 PM
May 2022
Photon Maiden's song still feels like an outro but I really like that they added something to it! It's also great to see the different characters getting closer!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » D4DJ: First Mix Episode 12 Discussion

yvsei - Jan 22, 2021

47 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 10, 11:49 PM

» The dub

NG_Chloe - Jan 23, 2021

5 by Foreall908 »»
Dec 5, 2023 10:45 AM

Poll: » favorite member of Happy Around so far

NG_Chloe - Dec 5, 2020

12 by Foreall908 »»
Dec 5, 2023 10:43 AM

Poll: » D4DJ: First Mix Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

NeoAnkara - Oct 22, 2020

80 by davidralph »»
Nov 28, 2023 12:57 PM

Poll: » D4DJ: First Mix Episode 10 Discussion

Ellenwitch - Jan 8, 2021

40 by 28012001 »»
Sep 7, 2023 2:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.