Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 13, 2021 8:21 PM

Jan 2019
Ex-Arm: The Wrong(ed) Anime

As we all know, Ex-Arm sparked lots of debates and controversies on the anime community due to its challenging nature towards the norms of anime production. However, much of that is people hating the anime unfairly. We should seriously discuss about that.

Now, here are some of the common complaints about Episode 1:

This is low budget. The characters are made of 3D CGI, but interact with 2D characters in the same frame.

The protagonist Natsume Akira is a poorly written character.

Alma is a poor attempt to copy Major Motoko, from Ghost in the Shell (a classic of sci-fi).

The action scenes were stiff, confusing and weird.

The villain is literally a copy of Kiryu Kazuma from the Yakuza franchise lol. He even has the same voice actor.

The graphics of this anime aren't even good. They look like something from PS2 or a bad game ad.

Today I am here to debunk all of them. To assist with that, I'll be using some of the images and gifs that were being shared in these parts.
Clearly, a single episode of this anime can already generate such a clash in the anime community, which indicates its potential for popularity.

The 2D VS 3D Aspect

Calm down, don't judge yet! Take a good look on that gif. Let's go through the details of this scene. You realize that Akira always hated technology and feared AI, right? (This is stated in the plot.)

Now, knowing that, look at how SMART that scene is. It's not low budget, they are skillfully crafting a sense of uncanny by contrasting 2D and 3D. Akira, who hates technology, is made out of advanced technology himself, and this foreshadows his role later on the plot.

It also presents the conflicts between his inner feelings of being unfit in his surroundings while the rest of the world is different from him.

Natsume Akira VS The World

Look at that. He is peacefully trying to make some pancakes, but he can barely do that, because his 3D body wasn't built for an anime world. His PS2 style model raises conflict with the ambient he is inside, and that is a master play of characterization.

References and Characterization

This scene is genuinely amazing and philosophical. Do you see they are naked? They also never blink (throughout the entire anime). This clearly intentional.

Akira and Alma are now portrayed as a "ghost in the shell", yes, that's the name of that big anime movie that is a mark on the Sci-Fi genre. No, Alma is not a copy of Major Motoko, although she is definitely inspired in her. But inspiration =/= plagiarism, and that's what you people have to understand.

"Ghost in the shell" is not only that, but also an expression created by Gilbert Ryle regarding the dualism of Plato and his concept of Soul/Body being different things connected by an unknown bond. Akira is clearly being symbolized as this ghost in the machine, the human soul inserted in a body that is, literally, mechanical. Alma, on the other hand, presents the technology side that Akira always feared, this time being an AI instead of a human, but still, possessing a soul. This means that even though she was created artificially, she can still obtain a higher level of existence, much like humans who are organically created by other humans.

This captures Plato's theory of dualism as well as the original "Ghost in the Shell" itself. And, just in case you haven't understood it yet, souls don't need any clothes, or to blink.

Akira is unique, but what about the other characters?

Yes, all the main characters are 3D, and this isn't a flaw in the symbolism of Akira, but rather, a brilliant meta-wordplay. Because, really, the role of a main character is essentially to be different from the supporting characters and inherent to the plot, and that extends both to their role in the story from an external point of view (they push the plot forward and the narrative revolves around them) as well as to their presence and relevance to the world in-universe (they are gonna drive the main changes in this world).

The action packed scenes

How is it possible for a human being to look at this dynamic scene and say that it looks "strange" or badly produced? I simply don't get it.

See the fluid movements, and how it is possible for our brain to perfectly capture what happened even without any context or previous knowledge of the story. Alma tries to attack the villain, but she loses her balance due to some force pushing her.
With given context during the episode, it''s further explained that this is due to Akira's interference in her movements, since they are now sharing the same body. This is a quick way to portray information in an action scene, while also adding to the choreography and actually making you believe AkirAlma won't be able to defeat their opponent because of their impaired control.

However, this is further proved wrong, as Akira, a character that keeps surprising us with his development, shows his wit and fast thinking by coming to the conclusion that, now that he is but a soul in a limbo, he can use his mental power to produce any physical effect desired.

Not to mention the incredible emotion that these scenes pass, I never felt so much tension and immersion in a first episode of something, Alma was fighting for her life and trying to protect others at the same time, Minami almost died and had her organs stolen by a psychopath with top tier technology.

Okay, but what about the villain? You can't pretend you didn't see that

About the villain, yeah, the character was probably inspired in Kiryu Kazuma. But again, inspiration is not a copy. And sure, apparently he may share the same voice actor, but this only proves the meticulousness of the directors and producers when choosing the members of the team for a faithful adaption (to the feelings of author of the manga) and overall an incredible job.

The graphics/visuals

The model style of PS2 in a 2021 anime. Yes, it sounds like a joke, but it's not. This is clearly on purpose too. The anime, as already mentioned, explores sci-fi concepts used in other canon works of the genre, such as the already mentioned Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Serial Experiments Lain, Ergo Proxy etc.
However, see how great and heavy these names are, it would be very pretentious to put Alma in the setting and say that it is something worthy of referencing Ghost in the Shell or even of belonging to the genre, so how to differentiate from the big names while also creating an unique element for the series?

The answer is simple: making a purposeful downgrade of the technology we have today (which, conveniently, is an upgrade over traditional 2D anime).

Or do you think it's possible to see that gif of Alma moving in CGI and not think "hey, isn't that the Ex-Arm anime thing"? That being said, the directing choice here is impressive given how it has a clear effect on the viewer and allows the series to become memorable.

Obvious conclusion

Ex-Arm might have some flaws, but most of them are of the spectator's responsibility. You should watch it with an open mind and truly explore the concepts they are trying to show us. You need to realize this and judge it fairly.
SheklonJan 13, 2021 8:25 PM
Jan 13, 2021 8:29 PM

Apr 2011
Sorry, but we have to be harsh. Otherwise, more hot garage like this will continue to exist. The big boss of these corporation only understand one thing about anime, its quick money and the whole anime platform is free estate. Just wondering if your trolling or shrill for the company of this anime. Corporate America will do desperate things and manipulate us into liking their products.

I just hope this big controversy will highlight the manga, but I highly doubt. Feels bad for the author.
Jan 13, 2021 8:40 PM

Jan 2019
vansonbee said:
Sorry, but we have to be harsh. Otherwise, more hot garage like this will continue to exist. The big boss of these corporation only understand one thing about anime, its quick money and the whole anime platform is free estate. Just wondering if your trolling or shrill for the company of this anime. Corporate America will do desperate things and manipulate us into liking their products.

I just hope this big controversy will highlight the manga, but I highly doubt. Feels bad for the author.

If it's any consolation, the adaptation will definitely raise the popularity of the manga. I myself plan on reading it out of empathy for the author.

Jan 13, 2021 8:59 PM
Jul 2015
Considering the animation quality, looks like having in the same package Tekken 4, Beavis and Butthead and South Park, so basically sucks for a 2021 standard. I didn't read the manga so I don't know wether the adaptation and character design was well done and the story, well, you can judge a lot of things (originality, character development, etc), but at the end, like all entertainment, only you can decide for yourself if you liked it or not. In my case, the bad quality of the animation didn't give a chance to enjoy the story so it's my No. 1 candidate for drop in this season.
Jan 14, 2021 1:26 AM
Apr 2019
Not a big fan of this kind of story, I just watch it because the meme. But I think the action scene is quite good ngl, not as bad as I thought it'll be. After seeing this, whether it's valid or just a reach, and any other forums, I think we shouldn't mock this show too much. There's a lot of people involved and spending their time making this, and it's not easy to make something like this.
Jan 14, 2021 1:38 AM

Jun 2016
If the main guy fucks the robot I might consider what OP has to say but at the moment there is nothing redeeming about this show.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jan 14, 2021 4:15 AM

Jan 2018
yes, I too hate myself.
Jan 14, 2021 4:16 AM

Nov 2019
Verzional said:
Spittin fax, truly Anime of the Aeon

We need more cultured people capable of understanding it and having the calibre to respect this masterpiece smh.
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Jan 14, 2021 4:20 AM

Aug 2020
my guy spitting facts. haters can't comprehend the brilliance of this show. people judging when it's only the first episode smh.

okay but no trolling fr how did he write this. like it fucking makes sense???? My mind is blown.

truly anime of the year.
Jan 15, 2021 4:46 PM

Jan 2019
dompsterfire said:
okay but no trolling fr how did he write this. like it fucking makes sense????

Easy. I just talked about something I really love.

Verzional said:
Spittin fax, truly Anime of the Aeon

biswa290701 said:
We need more cultured people capable of understanding it and having the calibre to respect this masterpiece smh.

dompsterfire said:
truly anime of the year.

Yes.
Jan 15, 2021 4:59 PM

May 2019
Epic thread for Epic Anime.

I feel sad for the haters who can't appreciate real art and this passionate defense of the finest of japanese animation.
Jan 15, 2021 7:57 PM

Jul 2009
Finally, someone giving this SSR tier anime the analysis it deserves.
Jan 16, 2021 1:19 AM
Nov 2020

dompsterfire said:
my guy spitting facts. haters can't comprehend the brilliance of this show. people judging when it's only the first episode smh.

okay but no trolling fr how did he write this. like it fucking makes sense???? My mind is blown.

truly anime of the year.

It's actually comedy anime of the year, I'll give them that
Jan 16, 2021 3:57 AM
Apr 2018
Sheklon said:
Ex-Arm: The Wrong(ed) Anime

As we all know, Ex-Arm sparked lots of debates and controversies on the anime community due to its challenging nature towards the norms of anime production. However, much of that is people hating the anime unfairly. We should seriously discuss about that.

Now, here are some of the common complaints about Episode 1:

This is low budget. The characters are made of 3D CGI, but interact with 2D characters in the same frame.

The protagonist Natsume Akira is a poorly written character.

Alma is a poor attempt to copy Major Motoko, from Ghost in the Shell (a classic of sci-fi).

The action scenes were stiff, confusing and weird.

The villain is literally a copy of Kiryu Kazuma from the Yakuza franchise lol. He even has the same voice actor.

The graphics of this anime aren't even good. They look like something from PS2 or a bad game ad.

Today I am here to debunk all of them. To assist with that, I'll be using some of the images and gifs that were being shared in these parts.
Clearly, a single episode of this anime can already generate such a clash in the anime community, which indicates its potential for popularity.

The 2D VS 3D Aspect

Calm down, don't judge yet! Take a good look on that gif. Let's go through the details of this scene. You realize that Akira always hated technology and feared AI, right? (This is stated in the plot.)

Now, knowing that, look at how SMART that scene is. It's not low budget, they are skillfully crafting a sense of uncanny by contrasting 2D and 3D. Akira, who hates technology, is made out of advanced technology himself, and this foreshadows his role later on the plot.

It also presents the conflicts between his inner feelings of being unfit in his surroundings while the rest of the world is different from him.

Natsume Akira VS The World

Look at that. He is peacefully trying to make some pancakes, but he can barely do that, because his 3D body wasn't built for an anime world. His PS2 style model raises conflict with the ambient he is inside, and that is a master play of characterization.

References and Characterization

This scene is genuinely amazing and philosophical. Do you see they are naked? They also never blink (throughout the entire anime). This clearly intentional.

Akira and Alma are now portrayed as a "ghost in the shell", yes, that's the name of that big anime movie that is a mark on the Sci-Fi genre. No, Alma is not a copy of Major Motoko, although she is definitely inspired in her. But inspiration =/= plagiarism, and that's what you people have to understand.

"Ghost in the shell" is not only that, but also an expression created by Gilbert Ryle regarding the dualism of Plato and his concept of Soul/Body being different things connected by an unknown bond. Akira is clearly being symbolized as this ghost in the machine, the human soul inserted in a body that is, literally, mechanical. Alma, on the other hand, presents the technology side that Akira always feared, this time being an AI instead of a human, but still, possessing a soul. This means that even though she was created artificially, she can still obtain a higher level of existence, much like humans who are organically created by other humans.

This captures Plato's theory of dualism as well as the original "Ghost in the Shell" itself. And, just in case you haven't understood it yet, souls don't need any clothes, or to blink.

Akira is unique, but what about the other characters?

Yes, all the main characters are 3D, and this isn't a flaw in the symbolism of Akira, but rather, a brilliant meta-wordplay. Because, really, the role of a main character is essentially to be different from the supporting characters and inherent to the plot, and that extends both to their role in the story from an external point of view (they push the plot forward and the narrative revolves around them) as well as to their presence and relevance to the world in-universe (they are gonna drive the main changes in this world).

The action packed scenes

How is it possible for a human being to look at this dynamic scene and say that it looks "strange" or badly produced? I simply don't get it.

See the fluid movements, and how it is possible for our brain to perfectly capture what happened even without any context or previous knowledge of the story. Alma tries to attack the villain, but she loses her balance due to some force pushing her.
With given context during the episode, it''s further explained that this is due to Akira's interference in her movements, since they are now sharing the same body. This is a quick way to portray information in an action scene, while also adding to the choreography and actually making you believe AkirAlma won't be able to defeat their opponent because of their impaired control.

However, this is further proved wrong, as Akira, a character that keeps surprising us with his development, shows his wit and fast thinking by coming to the conclusion that, now that he is but a soul in a limbo, he can use his mental power to produce any physical effect desired.

Not to mention the incredible emotion that these scenes pass, I never felt so much tension and immersion in a first episode of something, Alma was fighting for her life and trying to protect others at the same time, Minami almost died and had her organs stolen by a psychopath with top tier technology.

Okay, but what about the villain? You can't pretend you didn't see that

About the villain, yeah, the character was probably inspired in Kiryu Kazuma. But again, inspiration is not a copy. And sure, apparently he may share the same voice actor, but this only proves the meticulousness of the directors and producers when choosing the members of the team for a faithful adaption (to the feelings of author of the manga) and overall an incredible job.

The graphics/visuals

The model style of PS2 in a 2021 anime. Yes, it sounds like a joke, but it's not. This is clearly on purpose too. The anime, as already mentioned, explores sci-fi concepts used in other canon works of the genre, such as the already mentioned Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Serial Experiments Lain, Ergo Proxy etc.
However, see how great and heavy these names are, it would be very pretentious to put Alma in the setting and say that it is something worthy of referencing Ghost in the Shell or even of belonging to the genre, so how to differentiate from the big names while also creating an unique element for the series?

The answer is simple: making a purposeful downgrade of the technology we have today (which, conveniently, is an upgrade over traditional 2D anime).

Or do you think it's possible to see that gif of Alma moving in CGI and not think "hey, isn't that the Ex-Arm anime thing"? That being said, the directing choice here is impressive given how it has a clear effect on the viewer and allows the series to become memorable.

Obvious conclusion

Ex-Arm might have some flaws, but most of them are of the spectator's responsibility. You should watch it with an open mind and truly explore the concepts they are trying to show us. You need to realize this and judge it fairly.

idk man sound like you trying to bullshit your way out of something
did someone point a gun to your head while typing this post ?
Jan 16, 2021 4:15 AM

Feb 2019
The OP should be shown to every lit or arts uni student as proof that death of the author exists and it's amazing.
Jan 16, 2021 9:59 AM

Nov 2009
It's not great. But it's by no means as bad as the score indicates either.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jan 16, 2021 2:44 PM
Jul 2016
I know this is a troll post but here's my counter

If this wall of text is too much for you, I cover it in a video. Just click on my profile

INTRODUCTION

Recently there has been a great renaissance of amazing anime in the past decade. So many great seasons and a bunch of modern classics to boot; Steins gate, Vinland Saga, AOT etc...

It felt like we were living in the best timeline until Crunchyroll, our most beloved anime cooperation felt the need to digs its dirty hands into producing not one, not two, but THREE mediocre (being very generous here) webtoon adaptions.

WEBTOONS

First, we got TOG, the most overhyped anime in a decade that culminated into being another run of the disappointment.

Alright everyone messes up once, that’s ok just try again. Welp Crunchyroll fumbled the bag with GOH, another lackluster webtoon adaption. This time however, the quality being far inferior to its predecessor.

OK, let’s give them ONE more chance with another webtoon. Surely, they can’t fail three times in a row, right?

Sike BITCH, all criticism goes right through crunchyrolls head as they laugh while their inadequate funded anime studios are forced to cram HUNDREDS of chapters into a 12-episode anime.

Yes, I’m talking about Noblesse, the ugly duckling of the three stooges (webtoons).

EX-ARM

Now you would think it’s IMPOSSIBLE to sink any lower at this point, right? Crucnhyroll failed thrice in a row, each adaptation declined heavily in quality from its forerunner.

And good news, their fourth anime is not a webtoon so maybe they’ll treat it, better right?

OBJECTION!!!!

Just as we thought crunchyroll couldn’t fall any lower, they produced this atrocity. Ex-Arm the worst anime of all time!

Ex-Arm is a new winter 2021 anime animated by Visual Flight and directed by Kimura Yoshikatsu.

This anime is supposedly his “passion” project and if this is the results of your “passion” then sorry dude, but this is TRASH! However, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt because crunchyroll is the core factor in these strings of failures.

When the first trailer aired, it took the internet by storm with its ludicrously horrid quality of “animation”, if you could even call it that...

Just look at these putrid still frames of god awful cgi. Sad excuse of “animation” in horribly choreographed fights; I’ve seen better animation in amateur SFM porn; AND NO, I WILL NOT LINK ANY PORN YOU HORNY WEEBS!

It reminds me of PS2 graphics, but I’ve played many games with better models and animations than this shitty anime.

PLOT

Unfortunately, I can’t just rant about how shitty the show is without acknowledging that a story ACTUALLY exists in this spawn of satan. And Just know it’s NOT GOOD! So, let’s dive in and see if Ex-Arm has any substance shall we!

Ex-Arm is about a young boy named akira, (but I’m going to call him shithead that what he deserves) waking up in a body of a robot after he seemingly destroyed a city; in a terribly animated CGI still frame that could literally give someone a seizure...

If this is how you’re trying to hook the audience, YOU ALREADY FAILED!

I’m guessing we get a flashback of when he was a human (I’m barely following the plot tbh) spending time with his brother. However, THE BROTHER IS ACTUALLY ANIMATED IN 2D!

What the fuck is point of animating the rest of the characters in god awful CGI, if you’re going to use 2d animation for other characters?

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not good 2D animation; frankly it’s almost as ugly as the CGI but it’s still leagues better than the CGI...

Nevertheless, Shithead attempts to save a girl from thugs, only for Truck-kun to strike again! Too bad Truck-kun couldn’t end the show as well.

Skipping ahead 10 years (2030), we are cursed with the first travesty of horrendous cgi battles.

A “sexy” battle android is disposing of a group of thugs with ease; they try their hardest to make this girl such a badass sexy heroine, only for it to be mocked by millions because of its trash animation and fight chorography...

Next, we get our first example of dreadful transitions. As the android (who I shall refer to as fuckface) and her friend run off to hide, they just ZIP off the screen in 5 milliseconds! No smoothness at all, feels like a middle schoolers first attempt at animating.

Then as fuckface and her pal are rambling about random nonsense, just look at their facial animations. Barely any lip-syncing, and just the same still faces with no sign of emotion. This is terrifying man!

Then when they open the briefcase, we meet Shithead in his robot form. And these fuckers stare into my soul! STOP BACK AWAY PLEASE!

After skipping more boring nonsense about the future we meet a bootleg commissioner gordan and his babyface doofus of a partner. Just look at these dweebs lol!

Moving on, some chick is giving a speech about dangerous weapons and the SCARY mafia. And then we meet gorilla four eyes; In an awful attempt at making this loser seem intimidating, they hex us with one the most unintentionally funniest shit I've ever seen in my LIFE!

Gorilla four eyes is in an awkward pose with a derby face in slow motion, as bullets pass through his hand. Even HE looks like he doesn’t want to be there!

Moving on, were forced to witness another unholy uncomfortable exchange between fuckface and her companion. Like damn girls, show some emotions PLEASE!

However, Kimaru knows the audience needs some EXCITEMENT! Therefore, out of nowhere gorilla four eyes attacks the delinquent duo and were injected with another round of abhorrent animation...

And it somehow gets worse, because they throw one of the most forced transitions I've ever seen at my face! Like this is seriously some 5th grader level directing, hell little Timmy might be able to do a better job!

Finally, after a montage of fuckface getting her ass beat by guerrilla four eyes, she somehow connects with Shitheads soul. And she needs shithead to “get inside of her” to beat this guy; Kimaru couldn't have been any more tongue and cheek with this couldn’t he...

In any other anime I would’ve found this sexy, but I'm on the verge of ripping my eyes from my sockets at this point!

Nevertheless, after they finally take down guerrilla four eyes, we get a generic “you thought you beat me, no I have a hidden trick up my sleeve” from him. And in one of the most awkward scenes of all time, the dimbo friend knocks his out, and Shithead and Fuckface just stare at her soul...

This scene is so fucking awkward, it’s laughably dumb.

AND THAT’S ALL FOLKS! Fuck the rest of the episode, I can’t handle any more of this torture!

If you want to find out what happens next, WATCH IT YOURSELF YOU FUCKING WEEBS!

CONCLUSION

Crunchyroll has been the laughing stock of the anime community for many years for good reason. For failures back-to-back, each consistently worse than the last!

and at this point it might be just better for them to hang it up. And with my final message, FUCK CRUNCHYROLL!

Jan 17, 2021 10:29 AM

Oct 2010
to be fair, the boy was in alma's body for the first time so he couldn't control it well, that's why he moved like that.
also, alma > major
Jan 17, 2021 10:45 AM

May 2012
People seriously comparing this to PS2 ?? There is not single game on PS2 (in-game engine and not video cutscenes) that comes even close to this. The details, environments and textures are way beyond PS2 capabilities.

Only way PS2 match or beat those if you talking about pre-rendered cutscenes which is basically just playing a video file

Jan 17, 2021 10:53 AM

Jul 2020
I can't tell whether you're baiting or not.Even after all the hate they are getting then why didn't they release a behind the scenes wideo yet?I would watch that.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jan 18, 2021 6:55 AM
Dec 2016
If they cant do it just dont do it and do something easer for new studio dont make excuses its bad because its bad not because they want you to see it that way
Jan 18, 2021 7:56 AM

Jan 2019
Jack_Hornet said:

idk man sound like you trying to bullshit your way out of something
did someone point a gun to your head while typing this post ?

I don't like that, but I will only consider what you said because you made a very precise point about my post.
And I would rather not answer that question.

thepath said:
People seriously comparing this to PS2 ?? There is not single game on PS2 (in-game engine and not video cutscenes) that comes even close to this. The details, environments and textures are way beyond PS2 capabilities.

Only way PS2 match or beat those if you talking about pre-rendered cutscenes which is basically just playing a video file

You're right. Ex-Arm is superior to PS2 games in every way. I only put that comparison there because people say it.

Scordolo said:
I can't tell whether you're baiting or not.Even after all the hate they are getting then why didn't they release a behind the scenes wideo yet?I would watch that.

I think they trust our intelligence to understand those things.

Kosmonaut said:
The OP should be shown to every lit or arts uni student as proof that death of the author exists and it's amazing.

No jokes, I am literally a literature/language student.
Therefore, I used a great portion of my knowledge to judge Ex-Arm fairly.
SheklonJan 18, 2021 8:01 AM
Jan 18, 2021 8:37 AM

Feb 2019
@Sheklon
Yeah, that's the feeling I got, that you were either an arts or literature undergrad. A sense of camaraderie that can only exist among those that bullshit their way through essays on literary works.
Jan 18, 2021 8:46 AM

Jan 2019
@Kosmonaut
Ah, of course, a fellow cultured man you are. I see you're acquainted with the ways of a quality academic progression.
Jan 19, 2021 12:11 PM

May 2019
I wasn't planning to watch this because of the score but I guess that low score is from a bunch of uncultured swine who don't understand a bit about art.

Truly a wonderful thread. You opened my eyes, OP, I can't thank you enough.

That cooking scene was too emotional. Poor dude just wanted some pancakes T_T
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Jan 19, 2021 8:53 PM

Oct 2017
The most GOATED show ever. Needs to be number 1 on MAL!
Hikki_a1Jan 22, 2021 1:56 PM
Jan 21, 2021 4:36 PM

Jan 2019
nanimeanswhat said:
I wasn't planning to watch this because of the score but I guess that low score is from a bunch of uncultured swine who don't understand a bit about art.

Thank you for giving this piece of art a chance, it really makes me happy to hear that.

And yeah, I know, I almost cried at the pancake scene, you can see the amount of pain he is in.

Hikki_a1 said:
The most GOATED show ever. Needs to number 1 on MAL!

Unfortunately, that's never gonna happen, because this community is not equipped to appreciate deep plots and symbolism such as this. Truly saddening.
Jan 22, 2021 5:29 AM
Jul 2020
nanimeanswhat said:

Cooking scene when the CG character and 2D character was amazing
Jan 22, 2021 5:45 AM

Nov 2014
Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us, i'm gonna change my 1/10 score to 10/10 now.

Jan 22, 2021 1:59 PM

Oct 2017
Hikki_a1 said:
The most GOATED show ever. Needs to number 1 on MAL!

Sheklon said:
Unfortunately, that's never gonna happen, because this community is not equipped to appreciate deep plots and symbolism such as this. Truly saddening.

Sad times for the Ex-Arm fandom ;-; Number 1 will never happen :((
Jan 22, 2021 6:35 PM
Jul 2018
It looks like a cheap mobile game lmao, it's garbage, even if the story was good I don't think anything will save it
Jan 29, 2021 1:31 AM
Aug 2019
Truly AOTY. If only human kind has enough IQ to understand it
Jan 30, 2021 11:47 PM
Nov 2020
dompsterfire said:

truly anime of the year.
this nigga rated your name a 9 and this trash a 10.
Jan 31, 2021 3:47 PM
Oct 2015
Considering that my rating is rising from - of ep1 to 2 of ep2 to 4 of ep3 to 7 of ep4 , definitely this anime has still potential , I'll just ignore facial expressions and I might give it a 10 at some point !

If you don't appreciate art , anime aren't for you , there is nothing wrong in them , nothing is perfect !

If you criticize Anime you should release your reviews directly to people and authors that made em !

Anime will not get any better if reviews do not get outside the borders of this website , change this !
Feb 1, 2021 2:49 PM

Jun 2011
Amazing interpretation of this show. It is indeed deeper and more well thought than people think. I guess not everyone can grasp the uniqueness of this anime.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ex-Arm Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 10, 2021

304 by Animefan5100 »»
Apr 5, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Ex-Arm Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Mar 28, 2021

63 by hepotesis »»
Dec 29, 2023 11:06 AM

Poll: » Ex-Arm Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 21, 2021

21 by Zekkenshin »»
Oct 27, 2023 11:56 PM

Poll: » Ex-Arm Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 14, 2021

25 by Zekkenshin »»
Oct 27, 2023 7:37 PM

Poll: » Ex-Arm Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 7, 2021

17 by Zekkenshin »»
Oct 27, 2023 6:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.