Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 13, 2021 12:37 PM
Feb 2018
Sorry for my bad English . I find this anime very basic and boring after watching the second episode . Should I drop this or give it a second change ?
Jan 13, 2021 12:45 PM

Nov 2014
I would probably try next week to see if you can drop it
Jan 13, 2021 1:14 PM
Sep 2020
Personally, I like it, the plot decent and you should keep watching, as it might get better.
Jan 13, 2021 4:15 PM
Jul 2015
Well, if you don't like it you can stop watching it. That's your freedom of choice.
Jan 13, 2021 5:06 PM

Sep 2015
Boy, looking at your profile you are the average shonen consumer. There are plenty of reasons why the series doesn't appeal to you.
Jan 13, 2021 11:59 PM

Jul 2015
Well, it is generic. It is an adaptation of a video game afterall.
Anyway, such threads are pointless, because to each their own.
Some people value story progression, some character development, others animation, etc.
You ask 100 people, you'll get 100 different answers.

Jan 20, 2021 6:31 PM

Apr 2014
Piromysl said:
Some people value story progression, some character development, others animation, etc.

You say that but it seems most people don't like this one. But there really isn't anything bad about it, certainly not enough to get a score lower than 6.
Clearly slower development is not in the taste of the masses these days (or perhaps never).
It's kinda obvious with isekai being so popular, those are the epitome of "shoot first, ask later" with their formula of "be lame -> die -> isekaied -> become awesome"
Jan 21, 2021 3:55 AM

Jun 2019
bestkatalyn said:
Piromysl said:

You say that but it seems most people don't like this one. But there really isn't anything bad about it, certainly not enough to get a score lower than 6.
Clearly slower development is not in the taste of the masses these days (or perhaps never).
It's kinda obvious with isekai being so popular, those are the epitome of "shoot first, ask later" with their formula of "be lame -> die -> isekaied -> become awesome"

I'm waiting for a dub (hopefully), although i know that it may take months to get a dub of Hortensia Saga released, but i checked and saw it had a score lower than 6 and wondered if it that's bad. Reading this thread it seems it just doesn't strike the right cord with most people. I like medieval fantasy anime so expect I'll like it (I'm enjoying Kings Raid and that's pretty slow paced).
Jan 21, 2021 6:24 AM

Apr 2014
23feanor said:
bestkatalyn said:

I'm waiting for a dub (hopefully), although i know that it may take months to get a dub of Hortensia Saga released, but i checked and saw it had a score lower than 6 and wondered if it that's bad. Reading this thread it seems it just doesn't strike the right cord with most people. I like medieval fantasy anime so expect I'll like it (I'm enjoying Kings Raid and that's pretty slow paced).

Yeah, you will probably like it. Its greatest downside right now is that the pacing is slow. The plot, characters and animations are all good. I found a preview video that is restricted to japan only and the things there of what is to come look amazing.
Leonhart93Jan 21, 2021 10:48 PM
Jan 21, 2021 7:00 AM
May 2016
Yes I just did. This is like King's Raid on valium.
Jan 22, 2021 6:11 AM

May 2020
bestkatalyn said:
Piromysl said:

I mean, so far to me, I'd give it a solid 8-9 already. The pacing is not really slow depending on how you see it, well for me at least and the animation is very good, especially the action animation, not something you'd see on a lot of anime with this stature on this day and age. The plot is something very appealing to me even as a regular shonen consumer, maybe because it's medieval fantasy themed and regular action to top it off. All that and it's a pretty good show, for me at least. Maybe you can ask 100 person and the majority might be something bad but there will be someone's cup of tea here and then and I am one of them.
Feb 9, 2021 10:20 AM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
Rorona_alex01 said:
Sorry for my bad English . I find this anime very basic and boring after watching the second episode . Should I drop this or give it a second change ?

No if i have to suffer through this then you must suffer with me and watch this till the end 😂😂 come on we can do it, we can handle it but one thing for sure i can't handle the maid and her annoying ass self tho

Feb 9, 2021 10:53 AM

Nov 2014
Leonhart93 said:

I found a preview video that is restricted to japan only and the things there of what is to come look amazing.

The trailers for the game (2nd and 3rd arc) do look pretty interesting, I just don't know if they will even be adapted since it will be 12 episodes
Feb 9, 2021 3:37 PM
Sep 2015
You need random people's approval to drop a show?
Feb 18, 2021 1:44 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
NovaMagic said:
You need random people's approval to drop a show?

Lol i was just thinking this as well 🤣

Apr 6, 2021 5:36 AM

Oct 2008
I am currently on ep 2, meaning I just finished it. What can I say, I'll probably finish the whole anime and see how low I will rate it.

Right now it's a 4/10, but if it doesn't get better it may go to 3/10. Hope it improves to at least a 5/10 by its end.
Apr 11, 2021 10:14 AM

Oct 2008
I sure did drop it.
I gave this pretty anime 6 episodes. 5 were boring as sin and the 6th pissed me off. Not worth the effort.
Feb 2, 2022 10:17 PM
Oct 2019
plot = good

dialogue = mediocre to bad, corny af at times

i care most about plot, so i still enjoyed this, i just fast forwarded through stupid dialogue/scenes. yes, i'm serious. i do that a lot with stupid scenes/characters in plenty of shows hahaha

More topics from this board

» what made this anime score low? please explain without spoilers the story line ..

FarhanKun - Apr 11, 2021

13 by MadVandal »»
Dec 30, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Hortensia Saga (TV) Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 13, 2021

47 by klompa »»
Nov 7, 2022 7:04 PM

Poll: » Hortensia Saga (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2021

73 by Rexicek159 »»
Sep 12, 2022 12:59 PM

Poll: » Hortensia Saga (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 6, 2021

103 by OverlordDaniel »»
Aug 19, 2022 1:51 PM

Poll: » Hortensia Saga (TV) Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2021

24 by HagePotPotato »»
Feb 2, 2022 9:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.