Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 14, 2021 1:06 AM

Dec 2016
Finally it's here. The animation seems to have improved compared to the previous season.

That last scene when Meliodas hugged Ban while crying like that, it hit me so hard 〒_〒

Love that OP and ED.
Jan 14, 2021 1:07 AM

May 2015
Hahaha. I just checked to see if anything changed and it still looks as abysmal as ever. Trash tier show

Jan 14, 2021 1:45 AM
Oct 2019
it was alright, but i expected some good quality animation after what happened to s3
Jan 14, 2021 2:32 AM
Jan 2021
The animation was decent we can't expect much.
Jan 14, 2021 2:33 AM
Jan 2021
If it wouldn't have been the animation so shit so the ratings of 4 and 5 season would be pretty high.
Jan 14, 2021 2:56 AM

Feb 2020
I don't know what to expect from this Series Anymore.
1st and 2nd Season was so great
But now I feel nothing towards this series. I won't drop it tho.

sidz250 said:
Ep was pretty neat. Main question was why did bans hair get removed during the fight

It got burned off and immediately grew back.
Jan 14, 2021 6:25 AM
Oct 2020
juuzousuzuya002 said:
can someone tell me what manga chapters were covered in the whole s3? i'm planning to just skip the anime and read the manga then jump to this new season while it is currently ongoing.

u can start from ig ch 190 to 268......that would roughly cover u up for the previous season
Jan 14, 2021 6:27 AM
Oct 2020
Hejtero said:
Anyone know if its the last season? Will it cover all of remaining chapters?

i hihgly doubt this would be the last.....but since 80 more chapters are left ig it could be....so basically i am at cliffhanger :P
Jan 14, 2021 7:32 AM
Jul 2016
Archfiend836 said:
I don't know what to expect from this Series Anymore.
1st and 2nd Season was so great
But now I feel nothing towards this series. I won't drop it tho.

sidz250 said:
Ep was pretty neat. Main question was why did bans hair get removed during the fight

It got burned off and immediately grew back.

no... just no, that's just so incredibly wrong
Jan 14, 2021 7:37 AM
Apr 2020
It picked up where it exactly left off. Nice

Hmmm.. I can see that the animation has improved a lot based on the fight, and I'm glad by that. And the Ed was worked by Sawano and sang by ReoNa. This definitely shows that Deen is now serious of this series (I hope).

I'll rate it 9/10 for this just because everything has been really improved. I just hope that they'll maintain this, or else...
Jan 14, 2021 8:07 AM
Jul 2020
It was just just awesome ❣️❣️♥️♥️
Jan 14, 2021 9:05 AM
Apr 2018
ChaosLights said:
sidz250 said:
lmaoo i also wanna know and after that fight his hair grew back. Maybe they had been fighting for a year or something lol
Also when that dragon breathe out fire, BAN got his beard shaved, but he didn't become BALD!
Jan 14, 2021 9:21 AM
Jul 2018
animation seems to have improved i hope i didn't get bad.
removed-userJan 15, 2021 8:25 AM
Jan 14, 2021 10:01 AM

Jan 2011
Seven Deadly Frames part 2
lets our suffering continue
Jan 14, 2021 1:23 PM

Apr 2020
This warmed my heart. I missed this lmao. I think it was a good episode although I don't really remember much from the previous season. Meliodas was so precious it made me cry. Can't wait for next week.
Jan 14, 2021 6:56 PM

Nov 2012
Za_Warudio said:
dragynfaerie said:

And why did it grow back? How long was he asleep?!

I was thinking that it burned off or when he "dies" he reverts back to how he was when he became immortal, but then it re-grew.

His hair and beard got cut because of the dragon breathing fire on him, it grew back because he was fighting that dragon for years, he mentions when his hair and beard are back about how long has it been since they started fighting. Not sure if what I said makes sense since I'm half asleep haha.

Also on another note I really didn't think the animation was that bad first for all you guys complaining about the animation watch the first episode of ex-arm and you will be thankful Studio Deen is doing Seven Deadly Sins and that it's not as painful as ex-arm is trust me I would of been happy if Studio Deen animated ex-arm instead of the Playstation 1 graphics on ex-arm. Also last season Studio Deen didn't do the animation it was a smaller studio that did, this season Studio Deen is fully in charge.

Also people need to be talking more about that touching reunion with best Bro aka Ban and Meliodas! Such a sweet moment I totally teared up!

Oh! You know when he asked himself that I never thought in terms of years. Hell, I didn't think days. I don't even know why since I knew the monster was Meliodas. Duh! I've always loved Ban and Meliodas' bromance. The scene was touching. I also agree about the animation. Ex-Arm was beyond painful.
Jan 14, 2021 9:32 PM
Case is closed!

Jan 2019
It's a great season premiere.

But, there are so many characters.. I need to remember them. Hahaha.

Btw, why does Ban's hairstyle change again and again?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2021 1:53 AM
Apr 2020
Nanatsu no Taizai is back with its final season!

Decent animation. Good OP & ED. Finally Ban found Meliodas' feelings.

Jan 15, 2021 5:42 AM

May 2019
Hmm... It wasn't as bad as the previous season. The animation, although sometimes lackluster, wasn't bad and if i'm no mistaken the white blood hasn't returned. We finally got some more information about Ban's adventures in the Purgatory but...

King is my favourite Sin and they haven't really done much with him. His and Diane's travel to the past was pretty boring and their romantic relationship seems kinda forced to me so i have high hopes about him for this season. The Op and Ed seem more similar to the first two seasons rather than the last one, which is pretty good. I hope this final season will be a good ending to this great series.
Jan 15, 2021 9:02 PM
Sep 2015
Very strong first episode, this is such a good sign. Ban and Meliodas meeting again is the gold moment.
Jan 16, 2021 1:01 AM
Aug 2017
This wasn't so bad as I expected. Definitely will keep watching. Hope they don't butcher it like last season.
Jan 17, 2021 4:37 AM

Aug 2017
is season 3 actually unwatchable?
Jan 17, 2021 6:21 PM

May 2012
-Elevate- said:

are you watching this season without having seen season 3
Jan 17, 2021 6:58 PM

Aug 2017
k11chi said:
-Elevate- said:

i havent touched seven deadly sins yet, but since s3 is so bad i don’t think it would be worth it 🤔
Jan 17, 2021 8:03 PM

May 2012
-Elevate- said:
k11chi said:

i havent touched seven deadly sins yet, but since s3 is so bad i don’t think it would be worth it 🤔

Season 1 completes the first story arc (bit over 100 chapters) of the series. It's a good medieval fantasy action shounen story. Everything after wasn't up to par even in the manga.

It's definitely worth watching the first season though.
Jan 19, 2021 1:50 AM

Jul 2015
As I expected, there was an improvement afterall. Looks like we are once again on telling terms, Deen.

Jan 20, 2021 10:17 AM

Aug 2019
Ah, nanatsu no taizai, my favorite anime. Can't believe i'm watching it's final season. It's somewhat bittersweet because of that, but i'll try to enjoy it as much as I can.

The last op and the last od definetely delivered. I'm so glad it turned out this good.

Threre's still so much to happen. What's gonna happen with the Estarossa fight? What's gonna happen with that fight between zeldris's team and Ludociel's team?, but other than that, man... just witnessing what Ban went through... he literally went to hell and had to stay there for god knows how long. Him encountering Meliodas was so emotional, we never see him cry and we saw it for the 2nd time. I cried a lot ngl.

The animation too, it got so much better than the last season's.

5/5 could not have asked for more.
Jan 21, 2021 6:49 AM
Jan 2021
Avissar said:
I still think the animation is a lot worse than the first 2 seasons, Studio Deen is just horrible IMO.
The style fits comedies such as Konosuba but the "fighting scenes" are just the same 2 frames repeated over and over there's no love and no real feel to these fights;
as an example I'd like to take the fighting scene between Ban and the dragon, which was "left punch", "Right punch" repeated for around 7 seconds, now let's take a first encounter between gilthunder and meliodas from season one where they throw the spear to each other or even the Movie "The Seven Deadly Sins the Movie: Prisoners of the Sky" (that were both made by A1 <3 ). where everything just looks perfect to the smallest details

TL;DR Deen = bad , A1 = good

I still can't see how this season is better than the last, cause to me it looks the same. The easiest way to describe it is that it just looks soooo 2D. The shots are either from their front, back, or sides. Fighting scenes and talking scenes are freaking same. While other studios approached fights and shots as cinematic as possible, take MAPPA for example, they animate the fights from almost all angles. Why are there still an action anime with this kind of approach in 2021. This studio should just handle romcoms or slice of life animes.
Jan 21, 2021 9:33 PM

Aug 2017
This was fun!!! Ban and Meliodas are bros for life!!

I don't get why people hate the show based on the Animation quality.

I'm just happy that we're getting a full adaptation of the manga!!

Jan 24, 2021 4:50 AM

May 2018
not bad. Animation is slightly better than last season but still not good. Long bearded Ban is too damn sexy ngl
Jan 25, 2021 12:16 PM
Nov 2019
Animation's still bad huh. Atleast the effects were in place and this season looks like a better finished product than the last one. Liked how they used the colors in purgatory.

That bonding scene at the end was nice to watch.
Jan 28, 2021 7:52 AM

Oct 2008
i finally have catched-up!
waiting for Ban's return and steal the glory of this show! lolz
5/5.

Jan 30, 2021 6:09 PM
Jul 2020
How is the animation?
May 16, 2021 3:50 PM
May 2018
Delayed watching this season because I got a heads up that the animation is trash, didn't dissapoint but it's looking better than last season.
Jun 25, 2021 10:38 PM

Nov 2010
Now I understand why Ban is so damn powerful in the grand cross game, he spent centuries in his own version of hyperbolic chamber. lol

Damn, demon form Chandler and Cusack. I can't wait for them to become playable in grand cross too.
Jun 28, 2021 9:38 PM
Oct 2019
merlin is a goddess. gotdam

ban is the man. period
Jun 30, 2021 7:36 AM

May 2015
Eyy Meliodas is back (well, kind of).
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 31, 2021 3:32 PM

Feb 2014
GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY xD
TechOtakuJul 31, 2021 6:39 PM
Nov 18, 2021 7:29 PM

Jan 2021
I’ll be honest I slept on 7ds at first I was gonna wait for it to finish airing then go watch it but then I just got lazy and didn’t watch it but then I saw that they dropped the new movie trailer and what can I say it was in CG it looked shambolic anyway when I saw the movie trailer I remembered why I slept on this but also it reminded me that I have to watch this and be done with it and I’ve heard that the animation is a bit better than last season so ya
Dec 29, 2021 7:22 PM

Aug 2018
Its been over a year since I watched s3 so it took a while to remember everything that was going on... im fine now though

May 5, 2022 10:56 PM

Jan 2020
Just finished Season 3 yesterday, so I'm looking to push through and binge this.

Overall, the art is a lot better. Though the action still leaves much to be desired. Mostly the attacks look poorly conceived and the battle choreography just seems non-existent. I'm so tired of watching the Archangels just rain down a barrage of sloppy, fuzzy, shapeless masses of energy.

The Ban stuff was probably the most interesting. But it's beyond ridiculous that Meliodas' flamethrower perfectly shaved Ban's beard, and trimmed his hair. THEN, within one scene, Ban wakes up as if that didn't just happen. I have no idea if that was an oversight or if we're to believe that he slept for another ludicrous amount of time.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jan 18, 2023 8:25 AM
Jul 2017
First episode is better than the entire last season.
Feb 28, 2023 2:25 AM

Apr 2013
Seems like the animation has not improved one bit. Pacing was also quite slow in this first episode, so far not impressed.
Sep 3, 2023 2:53 PM
Apr 2023
Finally a good first episode! Haven’t had that since season 1. Opening is good and ending is not so good. Episode was very entertaining too. Mostly set ups for the big long fights but the tension and stakes were definitely there. I’m much more excited to rewatch it then the first time, so yay.
Feb 28, 9:50 PM

Sep 2023
OP is okay, ED is awesome...

Ahhh yes, here we go. I have to say, I am delighted the animation has seemingly gotten better even though I never cared that S3 and S4 had subpar graphics. Although I already see idiots commenting about how it's still bad, which is insane, because it's not. Whatever.

Love Merlin's facial expression here:

And I did manage a few tears, although I actually wish it would tug a little harder on the heartstrings. Yeah, I'm a sap, I crave tears because real life makes me numb 🥲

Apr 11, 2:35 PM
Aug 2016
Hola mi amor, volvamos por favor. Te extraño mucho :C
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2021

103 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 11, 2:22 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 23 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2021

33 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 11, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2021

36 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 11, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2021

35 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 10, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2021

65 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 10, 1:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.