Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2021 12:31 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lots of stills, tries hard at humour only to fail miserably, and was generally a waste of time. Which is pretty much what I had expected, but as a fan of the series I had to see it with my own eyes.

Each and every spin-off produced by Studio Acca effe was a disaster, and this one is no different. I guess that both actually decent Road to Berlin and this abomination were mainly supposed to boost the new SW gacha's (United Front) popularity, but I still hope for a proper sequel. Maybe one day.

Dropped.

Jan 12, 2021 12:54 PM

Apr 2016
These comedy mini series can easily be better than the main series.
Jan 12, 2021 5:13 PM

Aug 2019
man seeing the low amount of people in these discussions is saddening, but as for the episode I enjoyed it and I think I might like this better than Road to Berlin to be honest
Jan 12, 2021 7:41 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn it's back to the low budget spin-off... at least this one is better and not looking as horrible as the 501 first spin-off but it's still pretty bad IMO :x
Jan 12, 2021 7:43 PM

Jun 2010
Oh boy time for another season of people bitching and whining about these spinoffs, despite them being cute and hilarious.. only true Witches fans would appreciate them, to be perfectly honest.

Previous Take Off spinoff was very funny, and so far this one is looking to be the same! If only there were more Japanese fans to speak with about this, since they seem to appreciate it much more than the Western side... but o well.

Lustreless said:

I guess that both actually decent Road to Berlin and this abomination were mainly supposed to boost the new SW gacha's (United Front) popularity

...... wut. Are you sure you're actually a fan of this series? Or are you just saying that to make your post actually seem more impactful than it actually is? You think the long awaited 3rd season was "mainly" to promote the game? A game that no one knew existed until it was announced back in September? ...w u t... That and your comment "as a fan of the series I had to see it with my own eyes" regarding this current show makes me really question things but sure you do you, amigo... LOL!
JattsJan 12, 2021 7:54 PM
Jan 12, 2021 7:51 PM
Jun 2013
Thought is was funny and cute, and LOL'd when Barkhorn just pummeled Hartmann while on camera.
Jan 12, 2021 8:03 PM

Oct 2008
next ep Hikari would need Miyafuji!? i wanna see that!

Jan 12, 2021 11:02 PM

Apr 2009
Jatts said:
...... wut. Are you sure you're actually a fan of this series?

I sure am. Just not one that accepts anything thrown at them. You can be a Sci-Adv fan and admit that Steins;Gate 0 wasn't anywhere near as good as its prequel, and you be an SW fan who only likes the mainline part of the franchise. It was originally just 501st JWF at the core when Gonzo produced S1, but as it gradually morphed into the mixed-media franchise of World Witches, I found myself disinterested in anything lying on the outskirts of the 'verse.

Jatts said:
You think the long awaited 3rd season was "mainly" to promote the game? A game that no one knew existed until it was announced back in September?

You are aware that most light novel / manga adaptations exist to further boost the source material popularity and fuel the sales of related merchandise, right? So if you think that the first episode of Road to Berlin and United Front's release being only 5 days apart was a mere coincidence, then you are a tad too gullible, hombre.

Point is: this show is terribly produced and runs on fumes of a budget. If you look at it objectively, it just isn't good. However, I can perfectly understand someone enjoying it. To each their own, so next time you see a comment like mine just think "yeah, fuck you too, fam" and move along. Negativity surrounding what you enjoy will slowly drain that fun and leave you bitter.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the show, too, mate!

Jan 13, 2021 12:48 AM

Jun 2010
The overall plot of RtB was pretty much planned ever since the movie, released in 2014, and then RtB itself was finally announced during 2018. As for Witches outside the 501st, that has always been an aspect ever since the very beginning. In other words, you're just making up these conspiracies just for the sake of doing so only because YOU don't like what the majority likes regarding the entire series. Its only making yourself sound more like an entitled moron with each post you make.

But anyway, thanks I will definitely enjoy this season and all future content of this fantastic franchise!
JattsJan 13, 2021 12:52 AM
Jan 13, 2021 8:06 AM

Dec 2015
This looks like it was animated by Queen Bee(if it can be called animation).
The information about the witches should be enough to watch it.
Jan 13, 2021 9:46 AM

Oct 2018
Really enjoying it. Road to Berlin was pretty disappointing for me, but I've loved all the Take Off! stuff really.
Jan 13, 2021 10:23 AM
Jun 2013
Hasshin shimasu series is BACK!! of all strike / brave witches universe, hasshin shimasu is my favorite. they actually draw Miyafuji prettier this time and that makes me nervous. I love the plain-looking Miyafuji instead! People complaining how low budget and ugly this series should take note, this is a comedy spin-off that look exactly like the 4 koma version. It's deliberate and appropriate

Bring me MOAR!
Jan 14, 2021 5:10 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
To be honest, this is decent, as a random short of the WW. They let it through this so far was fine, i see some minor changed, but not the major one. I don't have a problem at that. They maintained it in a good shape as they can so far. Its still a cheap production, ofc. However, look at the studio itself. If its gain more budget, pretty sure it will be more good.

The story itself looked pretty much chiller than the main one. They revolved the story before Road to Berlin, i guess. Miyafuji even never let off her main chores after what she has done before. Pity her. Some of her lines showed her frustations. But at the end, Hartman always steal my heart with her carefree. Noticed that they still don't forget about Barkhorn violence against Hartman that became mostly a comical relief. They even brought back Lynnete yandere side, which is good. Another noticed that this is the first collaboration work within two full separated units, in one series, thats nice (excluding the cameos). Even though, i am still hoping that they had a one screen time scenes, overall its just fine.

Really looking forward to see next, i will finish this without a doubt.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 17, 2021 4:14 PM

Sep 2014
I know this is the lowest budget season of the witches but I just love this so much.

Its so funny and cute I could watch this every day.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 18, 2021 9:59 PM
Nov 2010
The Moment When I Saw The Yeager x Krupinski Pairinfg in The Opening , I Totally Lost it !
XD
Jan 19, 2021 1:37 PM

Nov 2012
I started this without realizing it was a tie-in short, but I don't think any level of previous emotional investment in these characters could make this low-budget mess good. Even the OP is a bunch of stills, for pity's sake.

I might be more forgiving if this was a new IP, especially since the studio making it seems to be pretty small.... but if this franchise is worth enough to make spin-offs for, it's worth investing to make those spin-offs GOOD, and I also saw Production I.G. attached their name to it to boot so...

Yeah, easiest drop of the season so far.
Jan 20, 2021 1:58 AM
Jan 2014
Jatts said:
In other words, you're just making up these conspiracies just for the sake of doing so only because YOU don't like what the majority likes regarding the entire series. Its only making yourself sound more like an entitled moron with each post you make.

But anyway, thanks I will definitely enjoy this season and all future content of this fantastic franchise!

I fully agree with Lustreless, regarding every single point he brought. I just had to show you a bit what your majority is like. There are just so many things they can take inspiration from, regarding actual WWII History. So, after the Battle of England (S1), The second Battle of France (S2), the Battle of Ardennes (Movie), they went to the Battle of Berlin 'S3). And then spit spin-off. I am personally too old for this kind of thing. Brave Witches was already a major mistake. Regards.
Jan 20, 2021 2:05 AM
Jan 2014
Lustreless said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I guess that both actually decent Road to Berlin and this abomination were mainly supposed to boost the new SW gacha's (United Front) popularity, but I still hope for a proper sequel. Maybe one day.

Dropped.

I didn't know about said game. I do not play Japanese games to begin with (at all). But i am not surprised. Japanese kind of love to do exactly this, more and more (especially with series that pander to japanese fetishes, like SW). I guess that is because Japan is a bit like the US, but worse. They have to buy useless things. And they love to sell useless things, too. Overall i fully agree with you. Not my cup of tea. SW was always less shallow than they meant to make it look like. I don't need cheap comedy in a spin-off that has nothing interesting to tell.
Jan 21, 2021 3:45 AM

Jun 2010
You two are completely out of your minds. Now we got two morons in here acting like "fans" when they know absolutely nothing about this entire franchise and its history? Great... where the Hell are you people suddenly coming from anyway? Since when did an anime about pantsu girls attract such stuck-up idiots who think they know everything, yet they know absolutely nothing?

Nox--- said:

I fully agree with Lustreless, regarding every single point he brought. I just had to show you a bit what your majority is like. There are just so many things they can take inspiration from, regarding actual WWII History. So, after the Battle of England (S1), The second Battle of France (S2), the Battle of Ardennes (Movie), they went to the Battle of Berlin 'S3). And then spit spin-off. I am personally too old for this kind of thing. Brave Witches was already a major mistake. Regards.

Okay sure... go ahead and fully agree with someone spewing literal nonsense and misinformation, despite you doing zero research on the game yourself. Wow you seem like a real smart guy, lol. Meanwhile, there is an entire wikia dedicated to this franchise with over 12 years of lore and information, but nah I guess all of that was simply to promote a game? Really? Use your brains, seriously. Also you aren't the majority, not even the slightest... and what does comparing WWII knowledge have to do with this at all? Was that supposed to relate to Take Off or United Front at all? I know the series is based on an alternate universe WWII, obviously, but its still completely irrelevant here lol..

Nox--- said:

I didn't know about said game. I do not play Japanese games to begin with (at all). But i am not surprised. Japanese kind of love to do exactly this, more and more (especially with series that pander to japanese fetishes, like SW). I guess that is because Japan is a bit like the US, but worse. They have to buy useless things. And they love to sell useless things, too. Overall i fully agree with you. Not my cup of tea. SW was always less shallow than they meant to make it look like. I don't need cheap comedy in a spin-off that has nothing interesting to tell.

Judging from how you speak about the whole series, are you even a fan? Why are you even in here at all? Like... what. But going back to the game itself, believe it or not... did you know theres people who want to play things because they are FANS of the related properties? Hard to believe, I know. But regardless if you care for the game or not, please do not type a bunch of actual BS and wrong information regarding this series... thanks.

As for Take Off, I see now there's no point in me defending it because its quite clear that you guys have a ton of misconstrued views on this entire franchise.. not just simply the spinoff alone.

I am now legit wondering if you two are here just to troll or not, cause your words are alienlike to me when compared to the rest of the entire fandom. That's not me speaking on behalf of them btw, that is simply just the actuality of things.
JattsJan 21, 2021 4:01 AM
Jan 21, 2021 4:11 AM
Feb 2019
The show is very enjoyable, being more in depth of the witches' daily life. Being on the more comedic side, it's something easy to watch that's not so story heavy.

The Hasshin Shimasu spin-offs also show more of the character's personalities.
This episode also reaffirms some things about the Strike Witches that were featured in the first Hasshin Shimasu.
For example, I (have not read any of the manga) learned about Miyafuji being a lover of you know what thanks to Hasshin Shimasu.

The art in my opinion is just fine, as it brings out more of the comedic effect.
I mean, if Isekai Quartet could do it, then I don't see why Hasshin Shimasu can't.

Really looking forward to more episodes. Especially since the Brave Witches are also going to be in this season.
Jan 27, 2021 1:21 PM
Jan 2014
Jatts said:
You two are completely out of your minds. Now we got two morons in here acting like "fans"

I stopped reading there. I already know a weeboo rant is incoming, and i am not interested. At my age, i am not a child anymore. Still, i was never a fan of anything or anyone. I always thought that the fan attitude was preventing people from keeping a critical mindset towards the world surrounding them. It is very much the same as religions. I have no intention to waste my time on debating pointlessly with someone who gets so aggressive over some anime. I can get one getting angtsy over people saying factually wrong crap. Except i merely stated my own feelings towards the franchise. I stated no facts. So, there is not demonstrating that my feelings are wrong. Regards.
Nox---Jan 27, 2021 1:38 PM
Jan 27, 2021 1:23 PM
Jan 2014
HomelesArcher said:

The Hasshin Shimasu spin-offs also show more of the character's personalities.
This episode also reaffirms some things about the Strike Witches that were featured in the first Hasshin Shimasu.

Interesting statements. I may give it a try at some point, in that case. Thanks.
Jan 27, 2021 1:28 PM
Jan 2014
Iketani_RC said:

Subjective assumptions with lack of knowledge are dangerous when it comes to information.

You are right, but now, i don't know... I realized years ago, that Japanese like to produce multi platform media. Animes, games, music, and whatever. They try to use each aspect as a promotional mean to promote the others. In this sense, i am unsure if it really matters that much which comes out first. Those who like the series may try the game. Those who like the game may try the series. And even in 3 years, maybe some will be hooked to the game if a new anime season comes out.
Jan 27, 2021 9:37 PM

Jun 2010
Nox--- said:

I stopped reading there. I already know a weeboo rant is incoming, and i am not interested. At my age, i am not a child anymore. Still, i was never a fan of anything or anyone. I always thought that the fan attitude was preventing people from keeping a critical mindset towards the world surrounding them. It is very much the same as religions. I have no intention to waste my time on debating pointlessly with someone who gets so aggressive over some anime. I can get one getting angtsy over people saying factually wrong crap. Except i merely stated my own feelings towards the franchise. I stated no facts. So, there is not demonstrating that my feelings are wrong. Regards.

Okay fine. I'll put more effort into this next post without resorting to such insults then, if that's the way you want to be. But choosing not to read what someone says isn't quite the ideal way to make your stance more convincing, nor saying stuff like "I stopped reading there" as that is a child-like type of way to argue, you do realize? I'll bother only because I have the time at this current moment, plus I don't get to say a lot of this stuff very often when it comes to Strike Witches these days... so here goes! Iketani's words are all true as well, so I won't go over what he already stated.

Its still true that the other guy was spreading misinformation that needed to be shot down, that's all I was trying to get across. I just don't like people spreading false crap about this series using nothing but their own, very subjective, opinions and negative outlooks... as I have seen that across the internet for 10 years now regarding this franchise, and I'm simply tired of being quiet about it lately. Whether its on MAL or elsewhere, doesn't matter. This isn't just about the Take Off! comedy spinoff when I say these words, as that has had mixed views to begin with... but when it comes to the entire franchise, I mean it when I say that its a hidden gem. This series has great action visually, truly top tier music across the board, cute and funny slice of life, wholesome story and great character interactions, interesting lore and world building, and yes fanservice too for those who enjoy that stuff (but its not the only thing). It was among the top charts in Japan when SW1 and SW2 first aired, and is still relatively popular and well remembered as a "classic" til this very day, especially with all the new content lately... even the creator of Evangelion is a fan, no joke! Not to mention that its existence led to other military moe genres to become more popular in the first place; leading to franchises like Girls und Panzer to be created, as well as the core design concepts of Kantai Collection which became a massive hit and spawned many other games that tried to copy its success (Azur Lane). The same creator of Strike Witches (Humikane Shimada) had worked on both those things I mentioned too, when it comes to character designs at least. As for Azur Lane, that of course only exists due to Kancolle first... so, you see the pattern here? Strike Witches predated it all, and popularized all the military moe/mecha musume anime genres to begin with... it set a standard, in other words. Yet in the west... many of the same fans of such content, in their ignorance, claim that Strike Witches "spits on" WWII history, despite shit like Azur Lane being content that actually does spit on WWII history IMO (as well as being a Chinese ripoff of Kancolle) like come on now, lmao... These are facts that are simply not said enough around the internet these days, so I wanted to throw it into this post. Look it up and do your own research, if you have the time one day and care enough. However, whether you believe my words or not is irrelevant; its more for the benefit of those in the future who may randomly stumble across this through search engines.

Just because someone like me is passionate about something I love, it doesn't mean its a bad thing btw. Star Wars wackos are allowed to do that, and same with other fandoms of the world... so I'm the same way with this beloved anime series (and yes its more loved and respected than you'd think, but more-so in Japan admittedly). Without passionate fans, there wouldn't be entire wikis filled with data... there wouldnt be 1000s of pieces of fanart, and so on. As for your own views on this series, I also wanted to mention this... no, people like me aren't just fans of the show due to ecchiness alone... in case you were wondering that. Not by a longshot, as that would be extremely silly to begin with, come on lets be real here. Such anime that contributes nothing but fanservice is generic, boring, and is trash in my eyes; yet ironically, despite what many may tell you, Strike Witches is not among such bottom of the barrel anime. Fanservice alone would never be enough to keep a series like Strike Witches relevant for the past 13 to 14 years since its debut, and I would never have become a fan of it for such a long time. Yes the show does have fanservice, and the whole no-pants thing, camera zooming into crotches (which is only abundant in the first 1 or 2 episodes of SW1 and SW2... but it truly is not all that) and some nudity (which has been reduced significantly these days with newer content, and the United Front game is family friendly)... all that being said, just how many anime shows get away with doing 10x worse, yet no one ever bats an eye? The truth may shock you. For example; if you haven't heard of it yet, look up an anime called "Redo of Healer" and see how widely popular that is right now, despite it being a pretty fucked up anime/manga series. The reason why this stuff I'm saying about Strike Witches is not widely known, nor said, by most is not because I made it up... its because it was widely ignored and drowned out due to the constant bashing and misinformation for over a decade in the west... Funimation's completely horrible ad-campaign did not do the series any favors either (not to mention that the dub sucks big time). While the damage may have already been done, it doesn't mean I still can't try to defend it.

Lastly... there's a 75% chance I'm older than you lol... maybe, maybe not. But either way there are certainly fans who are far older than me that's for sure, and some who are even war veterans (as early as Gulf War), I know this because I know many areas of the fandom and I am a part of it as well. So keep that in mind at least before looking down on fans of this series, or before blindly listening to fools like Lustreless here who know absolutely nothing about it, other than silly conspiracy theories.

This will be the final post I'll make in this thread, since there is nothing more I can honestly say at this point. Take care.
JattsJan 27, 2021 10:11 PM
Feb 23, 2021 2:03 AM
Jan 2014
Jatts said:

Okay fine. I'll put more effort into this next post without resorting to such insults then

Ok, i read this one. You are totally free to have feelings like that for SW. I do not know what being fan of something really is like, personally. But that's ok. SW is actually a series a really like, despite its many flaws. i just wish it takes the topic at hands more seriously at some point. It is interesting how the authors claimed to make a series with no scenario, when they actually use pretty cleverly the actual WWII History. I respect intelligence. I respect subtelty. And i respect talent. Thing is, SW is less shallow that what the authors first wanted to make it look like. Amongst its faults, i would point out the fan servive (because it makes for shallow filler episodes, and i am not interested in those), pandering to school uniform fetishes (Japan is sick, really), and a lack of consistency in characters and story elements (Yoshika never wearing an actual uniform and going home after each season, when others don't. Because they are military, you know ^^).

I do watch animes pretty much for the same reasons i watch flms. I really like the "Joker", and Joaqim Phoenix was impressive. I like good writing, good characters, good worldbuilding, and my favorite anime is probably"Juuni Kokuki", even though the novels are even better. Although, i don't understand much of what you wrote in your first paragraph. I never played any kind of japanese game or any mobile game. I bought a Game Boy in the early 90's, so Kirby and Tetris are pretty much my sole experiences of japanese gaming industry. I have no idea what the related merchandises are like. But i do know how Japanese like to use cross platform concepts. I am not interested in those. I watch anime the same way as i watch films. I only pointed out that such cross platforms concepts do not care much about which came first or anything. They merely use each aspect to promote each other. Well, that won't work with me. Not because i am older than you. But because even when i was 20, that would have never worked. To this day, i play RPGs mostly. Western ones. Indie, isometric, text heavy ones. As i always did. I am not really interested in playing around on my phone with middle schoolers in swimsuits doing this or that. To each their own. So, obviously, the shallow series revolving exclustvely around fan service, i avoid them like the plague. It is because SW is much more than that that i liked it.

By the way, if the original GuP series was cool, i was seriously let down by the film. My brain just died out while watching it. Looked like another crappy Hollywood product. While SW is the opposite. I feel that the film is the best part of the whole series. I have still not watched "Road to Berlin" though. But i expect to be disappointed, because i feel that this will be more of the same with no evolutions. Yoshika still in school uniform, with no military advancement or evolution, and no context to ground the characters into their universe. I am one to think that when one wants to tell a story about people getting inolved into unnatural events, one needs to share the screen time between these unnatural elements and more natural ones, to make sure that the characters and situations remain "special" all the way. Japanese animation pretty much always fail to do that, and it contributes to flatten the characters and worldbuilding big time. As a side note, i am not interested in spin-off. Because they are spin-off. Especially when spin-off take the same characters to put them in an alternative universe, i find it distracting. And this has nothing to do with the story i want to follow.
Nox---Feb 23, 2021 2:13 AM
Mar 9, 2021 12:46 PM

Nov 2009
Was saving this series for later, since it's pure comedy, but I'll just watch it now.

___ ___ ___

LOL,

Hartman being beaten up on camera

Using shield as Splatter Guard

Turning gone-bad-fish Fresh by literally reviving it then killing it afterwards, LOL

Lying to Mom, wait, that's technically true recover-method tho.

___ ___ ___
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 9, 2022 11:25 PM

Aug 2018
Well, other things aside, Erica indeed knows how to present well on the camera..
Do Japanese construct shrines with the names of the national heroes?.. Well, I guess shintoism is less about authority of the god, and more about other things.. But still no idea, if that is the practice or not..
We need everyone! Even Neuroi.. lol.. ;P
Overall, probably enjoyable bonus series await.. ;P

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Witches Hasshin Shimasu! Episode 12 Discussion

Ashhk - Mar 30, 2021

12 by Muow »»
Oct 21, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » World Witches Hasshin Shimasu! Episode 11 Discussion

badabass - Mar 23, 2021

5 by Gendolfas »»
Jun 11, 2022 1:11 PM

Poll: » World Witches Hasshin Shimasu! Episode 10 Discussion

badabass - Mar 16, 2021

2 by Gendolfas »»
Jun 11, 2022 12:55 PM

Poll: » World Witches Hasshin Shimasu! Episode 9 Discussion

badabass - Mar 9, 2021

2 by Gendolfas »»
Jun 11, 2022 12:27 PM

Poll: » World Witches Hasshin Shimasu! Episode 8 Discussion

Punkero - Mar 2, 2021

3 by Gendolfas »»
Jun 11, 2022 2:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.