Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 11, 2021 7:30 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Arc 2: Hasshaku-sama Survival. This is a long-ass one...

Sorawo having suffered under some instances of the Kunekune last episode, and Toriko bringing her to an Otherside assistant Kozakura to find out more truths of the Otherside, most importantly, to find her friend: Satsuki.

To encounter a man who's looking for his missing lover, the deep lore grows ever fonder. The folklore of "Spirited Away", huh.

The thought of finding Satsuki & his lover within a Torii that contains the tall Hasshaku-sama, it's super creepy when even normal humans cannot identify the difference between spirits and emotions. Paired with Sorawo's right turquoise eye of being able to see spirits, this Hassaku-sama affair is as creepypasta like as any old folklore.

Still not sure of what to think for this, but it could get interesting in the long run. Being someone who's interested in old folklore, this will be one intense ride.
KANLen09Jan 11, 2021 7:55 AM
Jan 11, 2021 7:55 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That exploration was really interesting, especially with the woman/monster at the end, she really has the properties of an SCP it really reminded me of this world, and Sorawo being jealous of Toriko x Satsuki (even though I highly doubt we'll see her in the story) is interesting, I guess that's where the shoujo-ai tag is growing up, anyway it was interesting, now I wonder what will happen next, I also hope to see more info about that computer loli girl
Jan 11, 2021 7:57 AM
Jul 2018
2nd episode is out, best girl kozakura is here, and the plot widens!

really loving the vibe that this anime has, yuri tag actually makes sense now with that kabedon at the beginning lol. the heterochromatic eyes look pretty nice on sorao ngl. kozakura's design also looks really nice so i'm glad about that.

also, rip to that guy who was trying to find his wife lmao
Jan 11, 2021 8:00 AM

Apr 2019
Sorao getting confessed to by Toriko at the start? Listening to it for the second time, the op is a lot better than I remembered. Kozakura is pretty cute, 6 monitor setup too? damn.

So we get the introduction of character Satsuki. Looks like their focus is finding Satsuki for now. RIP guy who was trying to find his wife. The urasekai causes many delusions, they gotta be careful out there. Also that was one scary woman/monster.

Jan 11, 2021 8:17 AM

Jun 2019
Where did the guy go? He was searching for his wife. Is he dead? So the vanishing hand and the blue eye have something to do with the other side world. Wonder, what would it be?
Jan 11, 2021 8:20 AM

Feb 2010
The portray of the character’s personality are exquisite, but the handle of the horror a is just...half-decent
Jan 11, 2021 8:22 AM

Jan 2014
So one of those, don't trust what you see, as it could just be a trick in order to draw you in. Dunno if that'll be a thing throughout the rest of the series, or if other creatures have their own way, but it certainly makes you second guess things.

Really enjoying this so far.
Jan 11, 2021 8:30 AM

Nov 2016
Kozakura is a cutie, close enough to a female L.

Was pretty intriguing and I'm starting to feel the setting, which made this episode more enjoyable than the first one. The yuri vibes are still disappointing so far, your average cute girls series has more spice. Before you @ me, I know the reason for that.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 11, 2021 8:32 AM
Aug 2019
Interesting stuff, there was less CGI than the last episode and it was handled much better imo. The dialogue is still lacking a little though, but otherwise this is getting interesting!
Jan 11, 2021 8:43 AM

Feb 2019
This episode was better than the first one, but I don't know if it's a merit of the production or because it was a more 1:1 translation of the source material. Still, I can't shake the feeling that moments that are supposed to be short are too long and moments that are supposed to be long are too short, which makes the pace feel weird.

A pet peeve of mine that probably doesn't bother people nearly as much as it did me, I admit, so feel free to ignore. Kozakura's reaction to Toriko's translucent hand had a bit of a jarring editing: the emotion behind the 'Stop, you're freaking me out' barely lasts the length of the sentence, after which she immediately defaults to inertia again (in other words: the height of the emotion came with no build-up and died with no fade-out, this is usually a matter of editing, but also could be a matter of character acting). What points me towards the latter a bit more, actually, is the lack of visual expression of emotions on characters' faces: the VA portrays distress, but the character doesn't, making it a bit of an uncanny valley situation, but alas.

Pet peeves aside, it was a step up in terms of writing compared to what we had seen. Hopefully it'll continue to improve.
Jan 11, 2021 8:51 AM
Jul 2018
Not really feeling this episode. CGI was better, but the whole horror aspect does not really hit home, IDK why. Maybe bad pacing.
We do get some development of the MCs and a new Loli L, in addition to some light Yuri, so hopefully, that can carry the show, because as it is now I'm probably going to end up dropping.
Jan 11, 2021 8:52 AM

Nov 2018
Liked it more than first episode. Really hyped after that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. talk from old guy. RIP
Jan 11, 2021 9:05 AM

Oct 2017
I like Kozakura, she's cute.

This episode was allright, we got to know a bit more about the otherworld and Satsuki. Also looks like Sorao has already started developing feelings for Toriko but Satsuki's the only thing on Toriko's mind.
Jan 11, 2021 9:10 AM

Feb 2019
White messy hair+petite. Kozakura is already best girl. I liked this episode a lot more than the first. It was less confusing, for me anyway. I like how original this series feels. I haven’t really experienced anything like it. I suppose Kyoukai no Kanata is somewhat similar, but it’s refreshing to get a change of pace in anime.

Feelings already blooming between Toriko and Sorao.
Jan 11, 2021 9:23 AM
Sep 2020
The CGI was a little better and used a little less. But I still think that the CGI will hinder the show more and more it's used. It often make me break focus from the show because it stands out so much. There was scene were they were talking while their CGI models just stood there not even moving their mouths.

Plot is getting along very well. We starting to see more of the Otherside which is really cool. I'm looking forward to how they decide to take the show from here. The big question I have, is how will they handle the romance aspect? How soon will we get it? I hope we at least get it in this 1st season (since 2nd seasons are a rare thing for Yuri anime).
Jan 11, 2021 9:42 AM

Apr 2014
If anyone's interested, here's this episode's "monster of the week"

https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Eight_Feet_Tall
Jan 11, 2021 9:52 AM

Sep 2019
Seeing Kozakura only once was enough for me to decide on my best girl.
Jan 11, 2021 10:04 AM

Oct 2020
I'm LOVING this anime... surprised it has a score of 6.8?

Love the references to the Elevator Game & Hachishakusama!

Yuri vibes
Jan 11, 2021 10:08 AM

Mar 2016
Sucks to be that guy....

Pretty good episode.
Jan 11, 2021 10:18 AM

Aug 2013
Kozakura is already best girl.

The monster this time is quite frightening and you got to feel sorry for the guy. He probably died.

Jan 11, 2021 10:23 AM
Aug 2020
i liked it a lot!! alredy ep two and we get the feels
Jan 11, 2021 10:44 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The wall slam huh. Just as effective with girls as it is with boys. But gaining blue eyes and a translucent hand huh thats quite the price for their victory. Young as she is Kozakura's knowledge of the OtherSide is impressive. But to think that they will encounter armed humans in the other world though. Still the OtherSide seems to be one thats connected intimately with the supernatural. The Confrontation with Lady Hasshaku sure was fun. The combination of their new abilities sure proved to be quite the interesting combination. Overall an interesting ep that did well to both expand upon the OtherSide as well as the two main leads both in terms of motivation and ability.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2021 10:49 AM

Jun 2013
This is getting really interesting
Jan 11, 2021 11:18 AM

Jun 2019
A solid episode.

I really like the music and some of the unconventional shot layouts. It helps give the anime more of a distinct experience. I like that they continue to show new monsters in the Otherside, but they often go from unbeatable to useless very quickly.

I still find the characters pretty bland though, definitely the weakest part of this anime so far.
Jan 11, 2021 11:21 AM

Apr 2018
wtf that guy looks like older me. Great episode anyway.
Jan 11, 2021 11:22 AM
May 2016
pretty good episode, I find some of the concepts a little vague, but I think I get the gist of things.
Jan 11, 2021 11:30 AM

May 2020
I love this so far its getting really interesting cant wait for next episeode
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Jan 11, 2021 11:43 AM

Mar 2019
Pre_Yum said:
Where did the guy go? He was searching for his wife. Is he dead? So the vanishing hand and the blue eye have something to do with the other side world. Wonder, what would it be?

He probably disappeared like those glitches from before...
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Jan 11, 2021 12:38 PM

Oct 2014
I have to say, that was a much more enjoyable episode than the previous one. For the most part I understood what was happening. Toriko has a pragmatic approach to their adventures in the Otherside--hunt the monsters then sell the weird space cubes to her friend. The monster in this episode was quite haunting. It fooled Sorao into thinking Toriko was in danger. Being able to hear Sorao's thoughts gave her a chance to develop. We now know she's interested in Toriko romantically, which was inevitable I suppose.
Jan 11, 2021 12:56 PM
Oct 2018
Anime storytelling is like Pet but done wrong. I mean, both Pet and Urasekai deliver the informations without exposition, through character actions or conversations, but Pet was much natural, and also the dose of information was made in a way it didn't actually fells unintendendly confused, while Urasekai looks like we're lacking information all the time, about the characters and the world.

Even though I have this major complaint, the rest is pretty decent, I will see what comes next
Akkarin! Hai!
Jan 11, 2021 1:06 PM

Jul 2020
This series starting to look promising. I think Sorao knew she wanted to be with Toriko because they shared the same curse and now they are together against that world. And if that guy (RIP) was right, this could be a huge plot. Expecting the next chapter
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Jan 11, 2021 1:25 PM

Feb 2019

I don't know whether the writer or the director should be more embarrassed about this episode. So much of it made zero sense. I think probably the writer because that's where the episode began to fall apart first. The random girl who they swung by so that Blondie could infodump about something else was dumb, but not unusual. Then they found the random guy who first called up Chekhov's landmine (which proceeded to be ignored and forgotten), then launched into a bizarre tale about the alien secret society kidnapping people, infilitrating the government, and how his wife disappeared, so he discovered an unrelated other portal miles away in a different city and managed to accidentally stumble through it, and that's why he went from living in a penthouse to being a grimy homeless dude.

All of this was leading up to monster of the week, which is where the direction fell apart too. Don't get me wrong, the writer was still struggling. It throws up a twist that Grumpy was the one tricked by the pitcher plant monster who creates illusions of what you want to see, which is then defeated by going "Oh wait, I have a magic eye that lets me see the truth." They handwave this off by "Oh, I guess I just ignored it." But the visuals on that scene were just bizarre. The monster was actually some kind of wooden gate(?) A severed head in a wooden gate? It's really not clear. And by touching it with your magic hand, that disables its powers? The same monster that vaporized a dude for coming within 20 feet of it? Was the vaporization on cooldown? Why are we running towards the disintegration monster after pulling away from it? The visual direction of the scene is just an absolute mess.
Jan 11, 2021 1:29 PM
Dec 2018
This episode was a lot better than the first one in my opinion. It was easier to follow the story and understand the plot. This anime has a lot of potential and I'm really enjoying it so far. I only wish some plot points were more clear, for example, did that poor guy that was looking for his wife die or did he just disappear into a glitch?
Jan 11, 2021 1:44 PM

Apr 2018
Kozakura best girl by far. I wonder what happened to the guy who was finding his wife? Did he get tricked and got drawn in by that lady figure. R.I.P

I wonder what the blue eye and the translucent hand will do other than seeing/touching the wiggle wiggles in the otherside.
Jan 11, 2021 2:27 PM

Apr 2015
So they have after effects of touching the wiggle waggle, a blue eye and translucent hand. Looks pretty dope though.

That lady in the white dress is creepy AF. Rip that dude though, thought he found his wife, but little did he know that he was getting tricked by that THING.

Kozakura seems like a nice character, she reminds me of someone.
Jan 11, 2021 2:31 PM

Jul 2015
Hoky shit! They are detecting anomalies with bolts! Just like Stalker!

Jan 11, 2021 2:51 PM

Dec 2008
Strelok, is that you? (For those whodidn't play Stalker, Strelok was the mc of that game and throwing bolts was a way to detect anomalies)

Given where both mcs ended up at the very end of the episode I'm curious to see what kind of trouble return from the zone will result for them. With such unpredictable point of exit they may end up in places they'd prefer not to be.
desuminatorJan 11, 2021 2:55 PM
Jan 11, 2021 2:53 PM

Mar 2019
There are things hard to understand and one of them is why this anime is somehow fascinating in it’s own way...

Although not being an action fan in general, it keeps my interest in the plot really high. What can be found on the other side? What is the whole setup? All those questions demand an answer and I am pretty sure we’ll get it.

Just want to say RIP to the poor guy who would do everything for his wife...
Jan 11, 2021 3:24 PM

Dec 2020
Ooo, good mindfuck.

Computer Girl is pretty cool. She needs a good brushing, though.

Toriko actually has more experience with the Otherside than I assumed. Weird that her and Computer Girl seem to be amateur experts on the Otherside but they don't know what a wiggle waggle is. Sorao also has more experience than I assumed which makes her backstory more mysterious.
Jan 11, 2021 3:56 PM

Sep 2020
So there goes the yuri undertones.
I love this episode, better than the first. Wish they will work more on the horror/jumpscare aspect as its kinda mediocre, SFX and creepiness are out of sight.
Love the ED as well, gonna research whats that song. Hope its available in spotify.

Kozakura's really cute,affff.
Great episode. Hope it gets better as it goes.
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Jan 11, 2021 4:29 PM
Jul 2018
Pre_Yum said:

i think the man is alive but he must be somewhere else

Mod Edit: Removed unrelated picture. Please use your signature.
Koito91Jan 18, 2021 12:35 PM
Jan 11, 2021 4:48 PM
Apr 2018
Great episode, the story is really interesting to me so far and we have potential yuri which is always a plus. I really want them to stop using that horrid cgi tho lmao
Jan 11, 2021 5:33 PM

Jul 2020
Good episode with some solid new info without it getting too boring. My only complaint are that the characters feel a bit... bland. I think it is visual expressions that throw me off, but as of now there doesn't seem to be anything defining about them. But, I'm sure we will get that with the next few episodes. I am pretty intrigued by the group of supernaturals that kidnap people and the purpose of it. Promising series...
Jan 11, 2021 5:42 PM
Jan 2021
Loved Kozakura's design for her introduction this episode! The episode covered a lot of ground, so it makes me wonder if the anime will end up diverging from the original plot at some point! Either way, I'm excited. It was awesome to see Sorao's deception animated!
Jan 11, 2021 6:24 PM
Jul 2020
quite a horror episode, I was a bit scared when I saw a tall woman (hasshaku?) btw sorry for the abarato she disappeared (disappeared or died?)
Jan 11, 2021 6:33 PM

Jan 2011
EP2 of SCP the anime was alright not a whole lot makes sense but im still interested ,kinda fucked they didn't react or care much about that dude just vanishing but at least they got his gun!? sure they just met but at least acknowledge the guy a little bit poor dude.
Jan 11, 2021 6:50 PM

Apr 2020
love the extra after taking 12 hours to get home (and get lost) so opposite to the episode itself, but celebrating survival with lots of food and beer ajajaj
Jan 11, 2021 7:04 PM

Mar 2014
yandere lesbian is really a heavy burden.
Jan 11, 2021 8:04 PM

Aug 2018
Better than last episode. This one presented a more consistent theme, however I feel a better atmosphere and OST to accompany the suspense is still warranted.
Jan 11, 2021 9:13 PM
May 2016
Beauxite said:
So there goes the yuri undertones.
I love this episode, better than the first. Wish they will work more on the horror/jumpscare aspect as its kinda mediocre, SFX and creepiness are out of sight.
Love the ED as well, gonna research whats that song. Hope its available in spotify.

Kozakura's really cute,affff.
Great episode. Hope it gets better as it goes.

I believe the song is called You & Me, it's gonna be hard to find that one, and I don't know the artist, unless the artist is You & Me
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Urasekai Picnic Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2021

70 by wildhood »»
Apr 16, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Urasekai Picnic Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2021

87 by EinTheVariance »»
Sep 14, 2023 9:21 AM

Poll: » Urasekai Picnic Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2021

88 by EinTheVariance »»
Sep 13, 2023 4:52 PM

Poll: » Urasekai Picnic Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2021

88 by WatchTillTandava »»
Sep 5, 2023 6:00 AM

Poll: » Urasekai Picnic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 4, 2021

213 by GrandMarquis »»
Sep 1, 2023 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.