Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 12, 2021 1:28 PM

Oct 2017
StormxNightmare said:
Ventus_S said:
To anime only watchers.

The story gets A LOT darker/ heavier in later chapters.
The author doesn't shy away on discussing real serious topic.
It's not like your typical yokai slaying shonen which the emphasis is on combat/ killing/ gore/ monster of the day (ex. Demon Slayer, Jujutsu) but rather a serie that emphasize character's story ark and their trauma.
There will be a lot of incidents in the story that discuss topics that're way darker than your typical yokai slaying shonen which the worst thing that could happen is massacre/bloodshed. The story will go on with deeper/ darker topic, such as using human as livestock for yokai/ prostitution.

All I ask for is the quality of the animation/ art to stay at the level of the first episode for this serie to be successful.

It's a shame this serie does not go on raider on most of western audiences even though the manga is such a good read and very original.

Ahh, that means I'm probably going to like it a lot - thanks for the information :)
I'm also pretty confused why there isn't any real hype for this show, especially cause JJK is so popular and had pretty much the same main premise (at least for now). Weird.

I especially loved the monster animals, those were terrifying haha.
Great first episode :)

My guess is about the mc age group.

Most western audience prefer mc to be in age group of 14~20 -> reflect their own age group.
If they see child main protagonist they would think that the anime would be childish, which this anime is far from it.
Jan 13, 2021 4:40 AM

Jan 2015
Pretty good first episode, but I’m kinda worried this will go for a cliche and boring route. I’ll keep my expectations low
Jan 13, 2021 5:22 AM
Mar 2012
ost quite smooth & immersive, with properly creepy monster action.
Kaneki Kabane bit too blank & emotionless, but will see how they all develop. Cool new outfit there.
Jan 13, 2021 2:08 PM

Feb 2019
it was pretty much just okay. The animation budget is possibly a bit lacking if it's supposed to be an action oriented show, but I'm not sure from this episode if it is. I can say that the writing did come off as a bit bad for most of it. There was a plot. It established the setting and a direction for the story to go in without getting bogged down in exposition, status screens, or other nonsense like that. The 'twists,' as it were, were dumb, but they were inflections on the story that while not unexpected, did keep it moving forward at a fairly slow clip, but moving forward nonetheless. It didn't do anything particularly well, but it didn't indulge in any big sins either.
Jan 14, 2021 7:36 AM

Jun 2016
surprisely this catch me !!!

and the ost at the end wayy too good !!
Jan 14, 2021 9:52 AM
Jan 2009
Not sure where this is going but it's too early to tell of course, let's see what happens. :)
Jan 14, 2021 1:29 PM

Nov 2009
This looks promising
Jan 14, 2021 6:15 PM
Dec 2020
i was waiting for its anime adaptation. i love the pacing, it's somewhat similar to manga. but somehow the motion(?) isn't that smooth, like their gestures. i hope it will get better everytime i watch it. i def like this anime sm.
Jan 14, 2021 7:22 PM
Mar 2018
Banging first episode. Was really worried that we would have to deal with the villagers, but they were left behind, thank goodness.

Already liking the Yokai-detective theme set up right now, will gladly watch more.

Jan 15, 2021 5:14 AM
Jan 2021
the plost was really interesting
Jan 15, 2021 7:54 AM

Nov 2018
i thought it would be that cringy shounen show but that was quite great!
though the main characters are still pretty much mediocre, the overall theme quite interesting, with nice music and a nice atmosphere. also good pacing. i hope this show goes in the right direction..
Jan 15, 2021 11:42 AM

Oct 2019
Is it just me ovethinking, or there's a social message on Japanese class system?
Dorotabou is basically a burakumin, both in outlook and how he's treated in his village.
English not native. Also, crazy, lazy and think in strange forms.
Previously known as Ferasder.
Jan 15, 2021 3:02 PM

Oct 2013
KANLen09 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OOH, another Shounen-type story, but this is a lot different than most powerhouses out there.

Even though this is more towards the In/Spectre kinds of dark shows, it still relatively remains as a Shounen base. so it is at that to keep the fresh uniqueness despite not being a foundation of such genres.

Kabane "Doratabo" Kusaka seems like the kind of boy that you'll want to distance yourself with, but the supernatural kind just makes his presence stand out even more with the precious lifesake of a "lifestone" to protect his transformative hybrid Kemono ghoul self.

Seems like we're in for another In/Spectre action-mystery show again, that's for sure...but thankfully without the aggressiveness of the latter's story arcs, but episodic ones in and of itself (so it's easier to stomach).

Manga fans, you're rest assured. Chapter 1 (and the first parts of Chapter 2) was adapted perfectly. I'm very looking forward to Ajia-Do making more works like these to expand the studio's coverage, but so far, I'm in for this ride.

So it's episodic or not?

The anime looks cool, but I feel like making it episodic would hurt it
Jan 15, 2021 4:39 PM
Feb 2012
dadnaya said:
KANLen09 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OOH, another Shounen-type story, but this is a lot different than most powerhouses out there.

Even though this is more towards the In/Spectre kinds of dark shows, it still relatively remains as a Shounen base. so it is at that to keep the fresh uniqueness despite not being a foundation of such genres.

Kabane "Doratabo" Kusaka seems like the kind of boy that you'll want to distance yourself with, but the supernatural kind just makes his presence stand out even more with the precious lifesake of a "lifestone" to protect his transformative hybrid Kemono ghoul self.

Seems like we're in for another In/Spectre action-mystery show again, that's for sure...but thankfully without the aggressiveness of the latter's story arcs, but episodic ones in and of itself (so it's easier to stomach).

Manga fans, you're rest assured. Chapter 1 (and the first parts of Chapter 2) was adapted perfectly. I'm very looking forward to Ajia-Do making more works like these to expand the studio's coverage, but so far, I'm in for this ride.

So it's episodic or not?

The anime looks cool, but I feel like making it episodic would hurt it

No it's not episodic.
Jan 15, 2021 7:21 PM

May 2009
mosesss08 said:
In/Spectre but make it shounen

Kyokou Suiri is also published in shounen magazine.
Jan 15, 2021 8:46 PM
Mar 2015
A tanuki and a ghoul go into a bar Stop me if you have heard this one
Jan 15, 2021 10:01 PM
Jul 2018
I can't believe I am this late for the anime adaptation of Kemono Jihen! Well, the animation is really good! And good to hear the voice actors and see them colored and animated! It's really amazing!

I forgot about the release date of Episode 1 because of School homework, but at least I got to watch the first episode before the second one came out! It's so good to see especially Akira Iwakiyamayukisatoshironanogajuurokushi animated and colored! AAAAAA I'm so happy!
Jan 16, 2021 7:57 PM

Oct 2017
nanajp said:
I can't believe I am this late for the anime adaptation of Kemono Jihen! Well, the animation is really good! And good to hear the voice actors and see them colored and animated! It's really amazing!

I forgot about the release date of Episode 1 because of School homework, but at least I got to watch the first episode before the second one came out! It's so good to see especially Akira Iwakiyamayukisatoshironanogajuurokushi animated and colored! AAAAAA I'm so happy!

Dw, the luxury of coming late is you can watch more episodes at once.

I was usually couple years late watching those classic shows and some of them become my fav after I binge them.
Jan 16, 2021 11:08 PM
Nov 2020
Really an interesting start of the show.
Nice art and visuals. Pretty well made. Liked the first episode. Hope it'll be a great anime.
Jan 17, 2021 3:57 AM

Nov 2019
So he went from farm boy to kid terminator with the drop of a hat..

Jan 17, 2021 5:47 PM

Dec 2019
wow this is awesome !! i'm surprised i haven't heard much about it -- i was just bored & looking at the new seasonal anime. i'm so excited to see how this goes !!
Jan 19, 2021 6:39 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Another shounen supernatural-ish show that possibly led into many battles as their strength point. However, the plot itself still lack the main objections and i may guess it can be lead as an episodic episode to beat many monsters, or Kemono. However, judging by the next episode title, the next episode may still be called as an introductionary part of the main casts. Idk. Its still new to me. Kemono actually the demon-monsters being that lurk behind the shadow, and sometimes involved into the human affairs directly. Those yellow hair guy acted as a detective to solved those Kemono involvement. But, those guy was also Kemono? Whats the differences between them? Difference in consciousness? And whats the uniqueness of these show precisely? I still don't know cause this looks pretty standard with no attractive aspects, so far. So, for the peoples whose randomly appeared and read this, please tell me whats good on these show, since its not so appealing in this first episode.

Well, i may still give a chance until the end. So, yeah, i will looking forward to see whats goin next....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 19, 2021 10:08 PM

Mar 2009
Definitely looks promising. An anime blog I follow was singing its praises before it even began, so I was interested. Certainly my type of shonen so far, and this seems like a good season for shonen in general.
Jan 21, 2021 8:52 PM

Sep 2018
I feel bad for the baby boy :( he's OP but still, he's sad huhu
I like this episode, it's interesting.
Jan 25, 2021 7:17 AM
May 2019
Good start!
Kabane-is-an-angel-and-I-will-protect-him-with-my-life club has another member!
His cousin is hideous like Gabi on SNK4 >:(, I would love if the detective told Kabane's aunt he saved Yataro's life, so she would fall in despair.
Also, I like that amount of blood with a cute kid behind it, just like Killua (HxH).
The direction did not appetize me much, but the art is beautiful and has a lot of details. I can't avoid it, I'm hyped.
Feb 10, 2021 7:35 PM
Jan 2020
At first, I was a little confused upon what this show would be about but now I can understand, especially when Yotaro sees Kabane as a Kemono was scary and creepy, that’s because I didn’t expect that actually. The detective has brought Kabane to Tokyo and we are shown two new characters, who are also kids or his age.
Feb 13, 2021 7:32 AM
May 2020
Doratabo's aunt is a paigon fam. how can you order someone to kill your nephew
Feb 16, 2021 10:12 AM

Oct 2019
Well, I wasn’t expecting this to be as dark as it is. This episode really surpassed my expectations. I’ll be keeping up with this one for sure!
Pandora Hearts is the best manga ever made and deserves an anime reboot
Mar 8, 2021 2:00 AM

Apr 2020
This show is really good. Good performance in the first episode. Haven't seen the original work, but I always feel that this show has a hidden smell of shotacon. xD

Apr 3, 2021 12:22 PM

Sep 2012
that transformation gave me attack on titans vibe lol
May 23, 2021 8:56 PM
Oct 2019
it was alright

the "it must be a sign from the universe to order pizza...who are you?!" bit at the end made me laugh. and when that douche kid was running away from kabane and talking about how he killed him on accident years ago, and then getting jumped by the resident evil dogs gave me goosebumps. pretty solid

6/10 to start
Jun 7, 2021 11:29 PM

Jul 2015
Looks interesting so far with somce nice dark moments. Satisfying to see Kabane punch that shitty cousin Yataro especially knowing the latter murdered him.

Sep 11, 2021 12:28 PM
Oct 2016
dont you loose your memory when you get shot in the head
Sep 17, 2021 10:07 PM

Jun 2013
kemono seems like an interesting character, his backstory reminds of 12 years a slave

excited to see detective conan's development (even though the detective is already dead)

this truly is a monster incident
Oct 11, 2021 12:59 AM

Jun 2016
Well, this was certainly a great starting episode. I was pretty much engaged with it throughout. It'll be neat if the series continues with this.

The premise has a lot of promise, especially regarding Kabane's transformation being nullified by his necklace, which I suspect we'll get more background on in a later episode.

Kabane and Inugami feel as if they will have good chemistry. Let's see where the story goes from here.

Oct 20, 2021 11:41 PM

May 2020
A good start, that wolves seems scary. Kabane half ghost, Detective half pony? well but they're both seems strong. Meet them, Kabane got friends.
Feb 27, 2022 8:42 PM

Apr 2016
Felt like watching the "How to do a basic Shounen serie" pack but the mood was done right that I spent the whole episode wanting the protagonist to be protected despite the fact that he pulled the "Actually I'm able to fight" card, he seems like an endearing kid.
Aug 9, 2022 12:52 PM

Nov 2012
god what a POS that kid he lived with was
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Oct 16, 2022 9:21 PM
Dec 2009
Good story, good graphics and charismatic characters in this first episode.
Jan 10, 2023 6:13 AM

Mar 2022
the ending song is lit

May 8, 2023 6:06 PM

Dec 2022
I'm interested in how Kabane would get along with the other kids since he isn't used to the city life and is also quite emotionless. Also, his parents seem quite important. I wonder where they are and why they left him there.
May 17, 2023 10:27 PM
May 2022
Perfect, its great and the development is seen slightly.
Nov 5, 2023 2:05 PM
Aug 2022
Nice twists and turns.

I feel so bad for the little guy :(((
Dec 5, 2023 7:49 PM

Nov 2023
Damn what was that scary deer lookin
Dec 25, 2023 5:46 PM
Jul 2017
concept is interesting. i wonder who his father the demon is. this seems like a whacker version of uni yasha tbh

also, jumped into the plot too quickly without much exposition or world building/relationship building.

adult showing a kid their behind = red card
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Mar 7, 2021

97 by GoldenCl0ver »»
Mar 13, 11:04 AM

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2021

85 by Oh_MumenRider »»
Mar 9, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ashhk - Jan 17, 2021

105 by silent_lurker »»
Dec 25, 2023 6:05 PM

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Mar 28, 2021

109 by WELLERM »»
Dec 5, 2023 9:54 PM

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

85 by WELLERM »»
Dec 5, 2023 9:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.