Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Jan 10, 2021 1:21 PM
Aug 2009
tirthasg said:
Horrible animation mess. 5/10 at best. Animated panels of the manga on YouTube are so much better than whatever the MAPPA staff decided to throw at this episode.

are you drunk? Mappa is doing a good job. Da hell is wrong with you?
Jan 10, 2021 1:21 PM
Mar 2020
I don't get it why people want youseebiggirl ost for every epic scene. If you keep on using same thing everywhere then it's not special. And as for the animation let me tell you that after wit studio left S4 no other studio wanted to take it but MAPPA did and they are already under lot of pressure and those who say that MAPPA should hold the airing and work on animation then listen AOT is not the only thing airing in Japan there are a lot other and more scheduled stuffs so it's not like they can stop airing and start it again whenever they want. I request you please stop spreading hate against studio, it's not there fault that you watched a fan animation and started to expect things that your mind loved.
Jan 10, 2021 1:22 PM

Jul 2010
People: discussing OST for 8 pages.
Me: there was OST?

I was following the story and didn't even notice music on the background.
Then I go to the forum and apparently it's a big deal and people even know individual themes by name. Weird.
Jan 10, 2021 1:23 PM

Jul 2019
shivam8900 said:
I don't get it why people want youseebiggirl ost for every epic scene. If you keep on using same thing everywhere then it's not special. And as for the animation let me tell you that after wit studio left S4 no other studio wanted to take it but MAPPA did and they are already under lot of pressure and those who say that MAPPA should hold the airing and work on animation then listen AOT is not the only thing airing in Japan there are a lot other and more scheduled stuffs so it's not like they can stop airing and start it again whenever they want. I request you please stop spreading hate against studio, it's not there fault that you watched a fan animation and started to expect things that your mind loved.
some manga readers just getting upset lol. I agree, using something too much will just kill its speciality.

----

on that topic, are any anime-only fans upset with this OST like some manga readers? actually genuinely curious.
Jan 10, 2021 1:24 PM
Feb 2017
That episode was fantastic. Tybur’s speech was great, finally revealing the reason as to why the king wouldn’t use The Rumbling. Man, I love Reiner. I loved his character before but now I just feel so bad for him. Eren and Reiner really are just parallels, both fighting just so they can live. That is amazing writing. And finally, EREN TRANSFORMS. I was completely stoked with the ending of the episode, I can’t wait another week.

I came here hyped asf and what I get is.... a bunch of annoying piss babies crying again, what’s new! They should really make a separate thread for manga-only so they can jerk off in a corner about how “MAPPA is ruining everything”. It’s one thing to point out some faults, but holy you guys cry over everything go piss off.
Jan 10, 2021 1:26 PM

Mar 2013
Good lord. My brain can't handle what I just watched.

I'm 100% team Eren
If he unleashes hell on earth and goes on a bloodbath, I would still be team Eren. Theres nothing that can change my mind since I've become far too invested into his character. Past the point of no return in fact.
Happy Halloween

Jul 2019
RockStrongo said:
People: discussing OST for 8 pages.
Me: there was OST?

I was following the story and didn't even notice music on the background.
Then I go to the forum and apparently it's a big deal and people even know individual themes by name. Weird.
Holy shit, I thought I was the only one. It was so quiet I didn't even realise it lmao. But yeah, people going down with the OST here lmao.

Jul 2019
Guys when the heck did they start doing this?
https://ibb.co/PhwwdH3
Nov 2020
Finally the anime I was waiting for is back.

Hope all those posers extoling previous episodes will think about what they really enjoy and how they like this episode (which was actually full of talking only) compared to those previous episodes ("really important", "setting us into the enviroment").
I think we all like this better although there was even less action than in the first episode for example, it is just done better - the way there was many seasons before.

Lets cut the crap about "terrible" "war" picture and just enjoy the ride.
Jan 10, 2021 1:28 PM

Oct 2019
Had chills the entire time... too epic
The OST placement was on point. I’ll admit I was a bit worried about the OST they’d use for Eren’s transformation. It was the same OST used in the Levi vs Beast Titan fight. Fortunately I was wrong, holy crap, the transformation alone made this a 10/10 episode.
Jan 10, 2021 1:30 PM
Aug 2016
BlakexEkalb said:
That episode was fantastic. Tybur’s speech was great, finally revealing the reason as to why the king wouldn’t use The Rumbling. Man, I love Reiner. I loved his character before but now I just feel so bad for him. Eren and Reiner really are just parallels, both fighting just so they can live. That is amazing writing. And finally, EREN TRANSFORMS. I was completely stoked with the ending of the episode, I can’t wait another week.

I came here hyped asf and what I get is.... a bunch of annoying piss babies crying again, what’s new! They should really make a separate thread for manga-only so they can jerk off in a corner about how “MAPPA is ruining everything”. It’s one thing to point out some faults, but holy you guys cry over everything go piss off.

On behalf of the manga Fandom. I'm not going to lie. It's a shitty fandom.

Sep 2020
Broo this was fucking AMAZING!
The pacing was totally perfect and those last moments got me really fucking hyped!

Also, was the guy who trapped Pieck and the other dude Armin?

Yooooo, Eren 'bout to kill them all:

Rip dude in the back

Amazing Episode!

Re:Zero and Attack on Titan are literally carrying my whole week!

Mess with waifu, lose your laifu

Oct 2019
kneesweak27 said:
Kaasfondue said:

Doesn't fit the tone at all imo. The war feels fore humane now, it's not helpless humans vs titan overlords anymore. They're inside the real world now. So the music doesn't need to be that bombastic, but also not as lame as what was actually used. I guess the schedule was too tight to make and find something perfect.

yeah, on second thought, it was too bombastic

and i still don't know why the sound director chose 2Volt, i thought he could've used other OST that amplify this tragic eps, to make terror and fear more apparent after Eren transformed especially after people died in that building. Have a mixed feeling after 2nd time watching the eps.

I was hoping they’d use ErenTheCoordinate, but now I’m hoping they use it in the upcoming episodes
Feb 2017
nakkki said:
BlakexEkalb said:

On behalf of the manga Fandom. I'm not going to lie. It's a shitty fandom.

That’s what happens when you’re entitled to peak fiction I guess lol
Jan 10, 2021 1:33 PM

Dec 2008
This looks like a My Hero Academia topic lmao “why they didnt used You Say Run”

The episode was great. But I hope we see something on par with Wit Studio (in terms of presentation) until the end.
Jan 10, 2021 1:34 PM

Nov 2016
It's always crazy when you think about how the story started out and where Eren was.

And damn, the tension, Reiner's breakdown and Eren just being a cold motherfucker who wants to get the job done, this was really big entertaiment.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 10, 2021 1:34 PM

Oct 2020
LMAO Thanks. xD
Hatsuyuki said:
This was honestly incredibly disappointed and underwhelming for me personally. The way they handled the climax felt soulless, compare it to any other climax from previous seasons and it will fall short on so many aspects, from animation to soundtrack and overall delivery. Removed panels and censorship as well. I had low expectations but i never expected they would give us a literal slide show for one of the most important scenes of this arc. Also they made Eren's titan CG for a 2 seconds cut where he barely moves. Honestly pathetic and lazy. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.
I thought censorship was at it's lowest in this ep honestly, especially the end.
Jan 10, 2021 1:35 PM

Mar 2013
SVTFOE4EVR said:
!
Re:Zero and Attack on Titan are literally carrying my whole week!
not trynna derail, but snk, rezero, and haikyuu have basically been carrying anime for me for the past 3 years now

But like a lot of other people, my hype for snk has undoubtedly been greater than any other show
And its delivering so far
Happy Halloween
Jan 10, 2021 1:35 PM

Jan 2014
The episode was good, but the animation limits are really showing. Especially in comparison to season 1, the more I watch the more cheap it looks. Eren's transformation was a successfully big moment in the story, but it looked stiff, which made it feel kinda anticlimactic.

(And for the record, this is coming from an anime-only.)
zacrathedemon5Jan 10, 2021 1:53 PM
Jan 10, 2021 1:36 PM

Aug 2019
probably the best episode of anime I’ve seen in a while

Oct 2019
shivam8900 said:
I don't get it why people want youseebiggirl ost for every epic scene. If you keep on using same thing everywhere then it's not special.

I agree, I personally hope they don’t use it at all, since it’s Reiner and Bertolt’s transformation theme. That OST really should only be linked to that moment by viewers because it was so powerful. OST placement is pretty damn legendary in AoT and really can change everything.
Aug 2019
Phenominal episode. But like many have said, the ost choice in the final scene was underwhelming. I don't think youseebiggirl woulda fit the mood, but they definitely had better options for music choice.

And before someone replies, it's just a simple criticism. I love the episode, but I still have my gripes with it.
Jan 10, 2021 1:37 PM

Jun 2015
Amazing build up until the end. The fuck was that? I gurantee this should be the most hype scene in the entire show and yet it felt so anticlimatic. Why didn't Mappa use its budget on this scene? Honestly Im starting to think that Mappa is nothing more but a shovelware studio that doesn't know how to use its budget. Plus the censoring will kill the season.
From a 5/5 to a 2/5.
NycroJan 10, 2021 1:43 PM
Jan 10, 2021 1:37 PM

Oct 2013
Leffair said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:
So sorry it's only 2% under that. Come back in an hour, maybe it will rise. :)

Ayyy I'm not hating, just a little underwhelmed by the numbers. Still waiting for the official subs.

AOT has pulled 92%+ episodes before and I expected this to join their ranks by how much it was being hyped up but it's pretty clear it won't, much less catch up to Hero. Reception on Reddit is better though so there is that. Maybe MAL is just being whiny again wouldn't be the first time

Your comment is way too premature as I said you need to give it more time as the official subs came out less than a hour ago and yes mal is just being mal and its the small minority.

The ratings have been going up and it could very well go 90%+ in a hour or two from now. Patience...
Jan 10, 2021 1:38 PM

Feb 2019
BlakexEkalb said:

I feel you. I think it'd be better to switch completely to Reddit because at least there they separate things properly and work on preventing that kind of stuff to happen
Jan 10, 2021 1:39 PM

Apr 2020
The hype this episode generates is immense.

Seeing Eren and Reiner interact feels so cathartic. Man, Reiner is such a troubled human, apologising to Eren must have been something he wanted to do for a long time...

The animation was great overall. During Eren's transformation, although it was cool af, the movements of Reiner turning back at Falco seemed kinda choppy to me. I am, though, happy to see that they are experimenting with the animation, I honestly can't wait to see what they'll do with the fight scenes probably next episode.

The voice acting is absolutely AMAZING. Reiner's voice actor in particular really gave a sublime performance. Willy's speach was also very thrilling.

Nice work Mappa!

May 2018

has Eren became the bad guy here?

May 2017
fk.. kind of left a little disappointed. The 2 week wait made the anticipation so much higher.

Storyboarding in eren and reiner's conversation wasn't really all that interesting. Soundtracks feel underwhelming. Seems like Sawano isn't really composing any major new songs. This would have been the perfect opportunity for a new insert song. Of course, even eren's titan is cg. the explosive moment did not feel as impactful as it should have been. Slide show + cg.
Imagine Arifumi Imai working on Erens scene.. Yea fuck that.

Let's see how they handle the next episode.. It's either going to be really solid or a disaster. Might have to switch back to the manga though.
Jan 10, 2021 1:40 PM
Feb 2018
Seems this episode gave it a boost, it's now #6 of all time in rankings.
Jan 10, 2021 1:40 PM

Mar 2013
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

that would be cool af tbh
Happy Halloween
Jan 10, 2021 1:41 PM

Oct 2020
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

This is my fav shot of the episode!
Jan 10, 2021 1:42 PM

Jul 2017
Poor Falco. He just wanted to help unite two old friends. The tension between Reiner and Eren could easily be picked up as they talked. Next episode is about to get real spicy. I'm really excited to see the action next episode from Eren transforming. Really good build up

。*✲゚*♡(o•ᴗ•o)♡*✲゚*。

Jan 10, 2021 1:45 PM
May 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prfVXdOIno8&ab_channel=IMFaiz
So about this preview...What do you guys think about it?
Jan 10, 2021 1:46 PM
Mar 2018
Two only problems of this episode: the ost and the smoke. The ost is fine but not memorable. The smoke is a very bad choice in this scene. It’s as if Eren destroyed the stage instead of aiming at Willy as his target. Another thing i would like to mention is that they cut out the scene where the family above the stage about to die. That scene is what gave the readers chill as it’s the final confirmation that Eren will sacrifice even innocent lives. Other than that, an incredibly well done job by MAPPA.
Jan 10, 2021 1:47 PM

Oct 2020
armchair3 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prfVXdOIno8&ab_channel=IMFaiz
So about this preview...What do you guys think about it?
I think this is the first ep they're really gonna show off the animation. It looks really fluid from what I can see.
Jan 10, 2021 1:48 PM

Dec 2014
Absolutely masterful episode.

The direction here with cuts and parallels between Eren's and Reiner's conversation along with Tybur's speech was fantastic. Fantastic, they kept the atmosphere very tense and engaging through the whole episode.

Curious what Eren/Paradis's plan is here, do they plan to become the enemy of the world or something? There's been so much setup so far but I've no idea what direction the plot will head with respect to Eren and co.

Transformation scene was epic.

Sep 2020
I seriously don't get the crying manga readers
As an anime-only who has never watched any fan animations, I can safely say this episode was a top 5 episode

Jun 2017
Ah yes, Eren finally pulling that reverse uno card. It was glorious in the manga and it was also glorious in this episode.
Jan 10, 2021 1:49 PM

Jun 2019
Holy FUCK..... that was oh my god.... I've no words.... Eren you amazing man. Reiner... I'm feeling so sorry for you.
Jan 10, 2021 1:49 PM

Sep 2011
This completely ruins the tone of the scene, this isn't some big epic moment, its a horrifying one.

The tone of this episode was that eren was scary as fuck not cool.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 10, 2021 1:50 PM

May 2017
Hatsuyuki said:
This was honestly incredibly disappointing and underwhelming for me personally. The way they handled the climax felt soulless, compare it to any other climax from previous seasons and it will fall short on so many aspects, from animation to soundtrack and overall delivery. Removed panels and censorship as well. I had low expectations but i never expected they would give us a literal slide show for one of the most important scenes of this arc. Also they made Eren's titan CG for a 2 seconds cut where he barely moves. Honestly pathetic and lazy. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

exactly my fking thoughts. everything was just not up to expectations. Giving this 1 more episode before I go back to reading the manga. Anime onlys are gonna love this episode either way. Can't blame them though, the plot is insane. But the presentation comparing to the manga was just so disappointing. Even the ost was underwhelming like what the hell are they doing? What's Sawano doing? No new bangers so far. What ever..
Jan 10, 2021 1:51 PM

Jun 2020
As a manga reader, it's nice to be able to see the conversation between Eren and Reiner again because of how much there is that we have to unpack
Jan 10, 2021 1:53 PM
Oct 2020
Holy shit this episode was worth the two week wait, so hyped for next week. jeez, I have no words...
Jan 10, 2021 1:54 PM

Oct 2014
ChrnoTodd said:
This looks like a My Hero Academia topic lmao “why they didnt used You Say Run”

Yeah, l remember those complains during Deku vs Muscles fight lol

Jan 10, 2021 1:54 PM

Aug 2019
JizzyHitler said:
This completely ruins the tone of the scene, this isn't some big epic moment, its a horrifying one.

The tone of this episode was that eren was scary as fuck not cool.

I see this a lot. People missing the entire point of when and where the OST was used.
Jan 10, 2021 1:55 PM
Sep 2018
insane episode, Eren is here !

Mar 2014
Zprotu said:
I seriously don't get the crying manga readers
As an anime-only who has never watched any fan animations, I can safely say this episode was a top 5 episode

Unfortunately aot has one of the most toxic fandoms and people here love to nitpick everything. Dont pay any attention to them, if you loved this episode I'm pretty sure you'll love what's coming too!
Dec 2020
I would say overall a 9/10 episode. The build up of tension was really well done and the music carried it well. Everything was set up to go horribly wrong and it did. The only unfortunate thing is that Eren’s transformation wasn’t as hype as I felt it should be. I’m not a manga reader but idk I didn’t feel hyped or that shocked. Maybe if the scene wasn’t in slow motion and maybe added some silence to make it more of a BOOM moment. I’m very excited for the next episode and this season is going well.
Jan 10, 2021 1:56 PM

Apr 2020
OH.MY.FUCKING.GOD.
i literally thought that i might throw up because i was shaking so hard ouf of excitement
man this was too awesome
Pages (20) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

16 by ILIA36 »»
Yesterday, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

690 by Apreggi »»
Mar 23, 11:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.