Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 10, 2021 4:17 AM
Jun 2009
Waifu transformation? Can 24 episodes get there?
Jan 10, 2021 5:36 AM

Jun 2017
Probably not. Seeing as they are mixing in the human side of things, my guess would be going up to
Jan 10, 2021 9:00 AM
Oct 2020
I’m guessing they’re gonna cover up to Matricide (lol casual) or a bit further to meeting Sophia. 4ish novels.
Jan 10, 2021 9:37 AM
Nov 2017
coolxal said:
imho yes with this pace they will cover the first 5 volumes
Jan 10, 2021 9:43 AM

Jan 2015
I think so. They showed her transformation both at the beginning and at the end of the opening, so maybe at the end of the 24 episodes we will reach it. Before that would be rushed
Jan 15, 2021 8:10 AM

Aug 2012
coolxal said:
meaning when she turns into arachne? It depends. I personally would rather not. The speed of these two episodes was too fast. They need to slow down a bit.
Jan 15, 2021 7:36 PM
Sep 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
coolxal said:
meaning when she turns into arachne? It depends. I personally would rather not. The speed of these two episodes was too fast. They need to slow down a bit.

I'm assuming this a thread consumed by people who already know the contents of the novels. So I won't be using any spoiler tags

No, I guess the OP is thinking about Shiraori's apostheosis (which was way past arachne).
I think it's highly possible, since they already showed Sophia in her teenage in the opening.... And she's not supposed to play a big part in the Human-Demon battle, at least not from the human's perspective (the first and only version of the battle which was showcased before apostheosis), since it was Mera and Wrath who're doing most of the fight then.
If it was a 12 EP anime, I'd guess Alaba. But since this is a 24 EP anime, they could actually go pretty far (by cutting off quite an amount of the source materials ofc).
But then again, Wrath was not shown as exclusively in the opening as Sophia does (they didn't even show the best-man Pope Dustin!), despite his huge role in the later stories, which would mean 1st season most likely might end before Wrath meet Shiraori. Heck, they may even consider to cut all Wrath related materials for the 2nd season altogether.
uncleqrowJan 15, 2021 7:42 PM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Jan 20, 2021 10:59 AM
The Madaora

Aug 2016
So, does this cover the light novels or the manga? I'm assuming it's the light novels, because I used to read the manga for a few years and I got to like chapter 29 or something, and from what I remember the entire time humans only made 3 appearances, being these: The first was soldiers in the second episode, the second was some random people in a ballroom who they didn't reveal details on I don't believe, and the third was a gut's berserker armor fused with batman looking guy that teleported to the spider in the cave then disappeared, while holding a smart phone. Right after finally leaving the lava stuff. That's when I started thinking that maybe a chance the other people were reincarnated with her.

But the anime reveals everything in episode 1, 2 and probably far more in the following episodes. Is this just an example of content being out of order from LN to manga adaptations like with many other series? Because otherwise, unless I just read wrong or can't remember literally anything from back then, then the anime spoiled my manga reading experience real hard, unfortunately, lol. I could be completely wrong though, I just want to be certain.

Also, is the anime really going all that fast? I thought it was 1 chapter an episode give or take, which for a monthly series seems very appropriate of 1 to 1.5c/e? Though, tbf they really did super botch that snake fight, and ruined the introduction of that lizard thing with the stone gaze based on the manga content. I remember those being much longer, and way cooler there.
Jan 20, 2021 12:18 PM
Dec 2017

So, does this cover the light novels or the manga?

The novel but not linearly.
The students story in volume 1 is their births and childhoods. Most of their chapters are monologues and with very few interaction with the others.
I guess the anime decided to jump directly to the school arc to present the whole cast and (I hope) show their childhoods as flashbacks.

Also, is the anime really going all that fast?

It's indeed a little fast but not by much. The manga is actually the slow one.
The fights with the Basilisks (lizards) aren't really importat in the novel..
I think the anime should have spend more time with My Home Number 1 but I guess they're trying to reach the pit and bottom layer as fast as possible.
Jan 20, 2021 7:32 PM
The Madaora

Aug 2016
Thanks man, good to know.
Jan 21, 2021 7:49 AM

Feb 2010
it's most likely going to end at the
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jan 21, 2021 10:48 AM
Dec 2017
hazarddex said:

The anime will have 24 episodes.
My guess is that is going to end in
Jan 21, 2021 12:34 PM

May 2014
linkhuesitos said:
hazarddex said:

The anime will have 24 episodes.
My guess is that is going to end in
I think it will go a bit further and end at the end of vol 5. There are enough episodes for it.
Jan 22, 2021 3:23 PM

Dec 2015
I went to the wiki because I wanted to know more about Kumoko and I noticed the transformation. I would like to see that. For manga readers, does she meet her other classmates in the new world (either a human, spider, etc)? If this anime gets a 2nd season, I would honestly prefer to see it then, instead of the evolution feel rushed for season 1.
Jan 22, 2021 3:45 PM

May 2014
Nunbo_Arbur said:
I went to the wiki because I wanted to know more about Kumoko and I noticed the transformation. I would like to see that. For manga readers, does she meet her other classmates in the new world (either a human, spider, etc)? If this anime gets a 2nd season, I would honestly prefer to see it then, instead of the evolution feel rushed for season 1.
That is a matter for the LN, not the manga. But to answer:
Jan 23, 2021 3:42 AM
Jun 2020
kumoko is
Jan 23, 2021 8:42 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty sure 24 episodes isn't enough to get that far unfortunately.

Jan 23, 2021 9:01 AM
Dec 2017
duderus said:
Pretty sure 24 episodes isn't enough to get that far unfortunately.

Jan 23, 2021 10:15 AM

Mar 2013
I just recently read the Manga and it was exciting per revelation but if they're going to shorten it to 12-13 episodes, I just hope they won't make it a trashy fast paced series. To answer the main question, about ep 27-28? Most probably not unless they would make it (the project) as I said it earlier "a fast paced series".
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 23, 2021 5:37 PM

Apr 2013
The pacing is definitely faster than i expected. Luckily it's not as slow as the manga... only finished episode 3 later today. Yeah you're right, it should cover a lot of the story if the plan to make 24 episodes is still in place.

Jan 24, 2021 9:34 AM
Jun 2020
At the end of thd opening after sophia,we see kumoko's human eye..so maybe
Jan 24, 2021 11:26 AM

Dec 2015
TheDeedsOfMen said:
Nunbo_Arbur said:
That is a matter for the LN, not the manga. But to answer:

Thank you for telling me.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

366 by Rimuru_11407 »»
Apr 21, 6:07 AM

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

12 by SwordBreaker36 »»
Apr 19, 5:07 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

162 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 7, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 8, 2021

331 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 5, 2:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.