Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2021 3:33 PM
Oct 2020
The animations in this ep are shit... Did they change who was drawing/animating the show??? It looked like 3 different levels of quality/art styles between the first half of the episode, the Boruto Movie flashback and the second half of the episode. I guess they have their hands full with BC which I'm totally fine with considering I love BC but still. The OP is gas tho
Jan 10, 2021 4:11 PM
Mar 2020
Am I the only person who didn’t like the episode? Besides the actual story progression and showing Kara actually do shit, the animations seemed really poor. I was expecting the Naruto v Boruto fight to be more hyped (mixing lightning and water style was hype) but I suppose I expected to see Boruto use his NEW rasengan, the one that’s been hyped up. I hope this is just a rocky start to the new arc but yeah OP fire as hell
Jan 10, 2021 4:24 PM

Nov 2018
New opening and ending, and manga content! The main story begins now.
Jan 10, 2021 5:58 PM

Oct 2008
that new ED visuals wherein Naruto & Mitsuki was skateboarding and Sarada rollerblades was great!
so VA Yuuichi Nakamura is also naruverse huh...
4/5.
RIP Victor! burned to crisp!

Jan 10, 2021 6:09 PM

Jul 2016
Love the new opening. Really great.

RIP fake Hisoka mk II.
Jan 10, 2021 8:37 PM
Oct 2020
One of thegood episodes so far
Already adapting the story from the manga. Liked the opening and has a good animation ans alaso the ending. Looking forward for it's consistent adaptation to the manga.
Jan 10, 2021 10:11 PM

Jun 2015
Boruto flexing his growing ninjutsu skills and usage of the elements. Really liked the ending song, was kinda chill. I worry about Konohamaru and the former child assassin dude, yet to remember his name but hes cool too. As looks like they about to face a serious dealer of death!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jan 10, 2021 10:12 PM

Feb 2012
My quarterly check in. Is Boruto good yet?
Jan 10, 2021 10:14 PM

Jun 2015
joshmango said:
Am I the only person who didn’t like the episode? Besides the actual story progression and showing Kara actually do shit, the animations seemed really poor. I was expecting the Naruto v Boruto fight to be more hyped (mixing lightning and water style was hype) but I suppose I expected to see Boruto use his NEW rasengan, the one that’s been hyped up. I hope this is just a rocky start to the new arc but yeah OP fire as hell

Not sure if you have actually been watching the show, but he has used it twice, and the 2nd time he used it there was a possibility he would lose at minimum his arm potentially his life. So you talking like you are suggests you just be here trolling and not actually watching the show at all.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jan 11, 2021 1:00 AM
Nov 2013
V_2021 said:
Did they change who was drawing/animating the show??? It looked like 3 different levels of quality/art styles between the first half of the episode, the Boruto Movie flashback and the second half of the episode. I guess they have their hands full with BC which I'm totally fine with considering I love BC but still. The OP is gas tho

The animators change every single episode. In fact even the studio working on an ep changes
Studio pierrot makes only some important eps and supervises the rest while letting other little studios animate them like studio Mouse, Jiwoo, 4tune, Hotline, maru animation, hanil animation...etc
That's why you'll notice a change in the animation quality and sometimes even a change in animation style

I didn't think that the animation in this ep was bad though except one or two scene in the boruto vs naruto fight. The rest was pretty good
Jan 11, 2021 1:26 AM
Mar 2020
Roch2001 said:
joshmango said:

Not sure if you have actually been watching the show, but he has used it twice, and the 2nd time he used it there was a possibility he would lose at minimum his arm potentially his life. So you talking like you are suggests you just be here trolling and not actually watching the show at all.

Yeah not trolling but he did get TWO new rasengans recently. So yeah, i do watch the show..calm down LOL it’s not that deep. Anyways tho, the compressed rasengan is the one you’re talking about and as much as i would’ve wanted to see that, i figured they wouldn’t because of what you said with his possible injuries. I suppose i meant to say that i wish boruto would’ve used his wind style rasengan, you know, the green saturn looking one instead of his regular vanishing lightning style rasengan. I just see that his wind style one is basically an upgrade in this situation because 1. he can throw it the same way, 2. it’s more powerful as shown in the last training arc, and 3. he didn’t even utilize the vanishing ability of the rasengan (from what i remember). To me, it feels like they just trashed his wind style rasengan and acted as if his training was solely to progress to the compressed rasengan. I also understand it’s not complete yet and i hope they continue showing his progression with it, but it like i said before, still stronger than his regular lightening style rasengan. Correct me if i’m wrong though, always open to CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and to learn/understand more.
Jan 11, 2021 3:30 AM
Nov 2014
First of all, Naruto having his son and half the village come watch his glow-up with the new prosthetic arm is honestly such a mood lol XD it was good to see them spar out there. Also, Shikamaru is way too in sync with his son.

Other than that, new OP and ED sound good, I'm glad Victor finally got done in (and bonus, we even got to see Deepa die Again, yay). New knock-off amaterasu guy seems pretty cool. What else? Still getting death flag vibes from Team Konohamaru. All in all, a pretty solid episode to ring in the new year!

P.S. the preview for the next episode
Jan 11, 2021 8:39 AM

Apr 2019
New Op, good. New ED, gooood. Getting another chapter of the manga adapted and it being an overall really good episode, GOOOOOOOD.
Jan 11, 2021 1:16 PM
Oct 2020
Oussema said:
V_2021 said:
Did they change who was drawing/animating the show??? It looked like 3 different levels of quality/art styles between the first half of the episode, the Boruto Movie flashback and the second half of the episode. I guess they have their hands full with BC which I'm totally fine with considering I love BC but still. The OP is gas tho

The animators change every single episode. In fact even the studio working on an ep changes
Studio pierrot makes only some important eps and supervises the rest while letting other little studios animate them like studio Mouse, Jiwoo, 4tune, Hotline, maru animation, hanil animation...etc
That's why you'll notice a change in the animation quality and sometimes even a change in animation style

I didn't think that the animation in this ep was bad though except one or two scene in the boruto vs naruto fight. The rest was pretty good

Oooh ok thanks for clarifying that. These past 20-25 Boruto eps have been the best the show has been in 3 years. It was a little distracting but hopefully they can try to keep the quality/art style more consistent in the future. Like even if that is how it's been, this ep has been the most jarring/noticeable differences so far.
Jan 12, 2021 6:49 AM
Oct 2019
Wow Victor just die like that..lmao...
Also Deepa got fixed by Amado just to extract information and then got rid off...

I'm really like the Kara OST...they made a good job on the music...

Anyone got info about Kashin Koji VA???

Naruto Vs Boruto is alright(The fight Animation is kinda meh), did Boruto ever used Suiton before?? My reaction same as Sarada, I don't think i saw Boruto used it before... Correct me if im wrong.

Oh boy Konohamaru & Mujino, you have no idea what you got into...

Next episode Kashin Koji meeting up with Ao... Hyped 🔥
davidyodo24Jan 12, 2021 9:52 PM
Jan 13, 2021 11:11 PM

Sep 2020
Loved the new OP & ED. Super hyped for Kawaki to meet team 7! Victor & Deepa are officially gone during this one episode! I liked the Naruto and Boruto fight. Naruto used earth style while Boruto combined water style with lightning style. During the match, Naruto used the new prosthetic arm!

My rate: 7/10
New OP rate: 9/10
New ED rate: 9/10
NarutodoxJan 13, 2021 11:15 PM
Jan 17, 2021 5:48 AM

Dec 2008
First 10 minutes were so boring that I didn't even pay attention.
Jan 19, 2021 1:15 AM

Aug 2017
Nice Opening and Ending!!!

It was really pleasant to watch Victor die XDXD!!!

Naruto vs Boruto was interesting. Boruto learned water type and even combined it with lightning ...Nice!!

That ending though...I guess we're gonna get a big fight next week

Jan 20, 2021 4:43 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yeah, the canon story is real. Everyone already showed themself, including Code and Boro that were not fully introduced previously. Kashin Koji and Amado were slick as hell. Victor was just too naive. Amado retrieved Deepa head only to destroyed it later. Lmao. Poor him, together with Victor whose just be in a good death flag, previously. Kashin Koji received the mission from Jigen-sama. The investigation mission surely in danger.

Meanwhile, the sparring within father and his son ended with a lot of question. Naruto used the chance to test his new robotic arm. Lmao. Poor, Boruto. But its a good time to introduced how well Boruto used another different style of jutsu. And, for Naruto, well, i hope that robotic arm is helpful enough for him in the later scene ....

Okay, next episode!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 24, 2021 7:21 PM

May 2018
Are we finally canon now?

Kenjiro Tsuda is my husbando!

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Jan 27, 2021 5:48 AM
Aug 2019
Koji voiced by Gojo and Jigen by Nanami. NICE!
May 3, 2021 11:30 PM
Apr 2021
The new OP song is amazing. The ending song kinda gave me an aesthetic.
the fight between Naruto & Boruto was astounding.
Aug 10, 2021 3:33 PM

Feb 2021
Kawaki in the new op is 🔥🔥
*simping over 2D characters*
Nov 27, 2021 1:34 PM
May 2021
Did they just skate in the ending?! xD
Jun 19, 2023 6:30 AM
Aug 2021
sparring with boruto and naruto carried. Could've been carried a little more though
Aug 28, 2023 2:57 PM
Aug 2023
C'est cool, on connait un peu plus l'organisation Kara. Une rivalité père fils est présente
Sep 10, 2023 12:37 PM
Oct 2017
pacing was mehh, also story is very boring and sequence is dry
Sep 12, 2023 8:52 PM

Feb 2011
wow , someone learned to make a great opening song for the Boruto?? I just can't believe it! And they had to ask the Ikimonogakari to do something, because the staff also couldn't deal with this problem. Anyway, I'm happy for it. ^^ This opening's gonna be a legend within years.
Jan 19, 12:14 PM

Jan 2016
It appears Boruto and the likely vessel will in fact be a dynamic duo like Sasugay x Naruto, wonder how their diamond mark and jougan and stuff compare to rinne-sharingan, yin-yang/sun-moon chakra, and stuff.

I got a really bad feeling for Konohamaru and Mugino, Sasuke should be there!!! Maybe even Naruto due to close proximity.

So V victor is dead by whats his face assassin, VII Deepo is dead as had no use for him anymore, IV Jigen killed even though apparently only one that made him laugh. Code appears to be VI and I assume that III guy is Boro. This vessel seems to be very important, for unknown reasons, but will turn on them. Very interesting.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Yesterday, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 293 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2023

145 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.