Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2021 7:08 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was really intense for the action part, and many important elements, also WarGreymon at the end was really nice to see, its design is great.
Jan 9, 2021 8:07 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
ok

Lopmon is the cutest Digimon ever

Wargreymon is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEE

Tai and Agumon are too broken, when is everyone else gonna digivolve?

where is the power of Friendship?... I mean... where's the friendship at all lol?

where is the rivalry?

what are they doing in this version LMAO?

Mimi needs more screentime

all these questions and shit... and i still love it XD
Jan 9, 2021 8:49 PM
Sep 2015
New lore!

Those dog digimons are cute!

Still not the fan of the new evolution song

What's standing out in this is that enemies love to evolution themselves.
Jan 9, 2021 9:08 PM
Aug 2017
Finally some talking about things, first half of the episode was good, don't think the fight was necessary even if it's nice to see Gokumon/Reapermon for the first time since Rumble Arena, a whole episode that flashbacks to that war would have been better maybe see bits of those fights and the Digimon having talks among each other to ground them better as characters, we need more talking like the first half and less fighting, I'm still waiting for any form of character development although there's not much character to the Chosen in this reboot to begin with.
Ophanimon and ZeedMilleniummon were teased so that makes me happy.
Jan 9, 2021 9:40 PM

Oct 2017
Finally the flashback of what happened in the past which was okay.

Wargreymon and Taichi kicked ass, they are too op af for now. Wonder which digimon will mega evolve next. Its proly gonna be Weregarurumon, hyped for that.
Jan 9, 2021 10:25 PM

Feb 2019
Really good episode. It was cool to get some backstory to the war and the sacrifices that the Digimon had to make to defeat milleninumon. Enjoyed seeing Churubimon too. That metalgreymon evolution was so freaking sick. Can’t wait for next ep.
Jan 9, 2021 11:28 PM

Dec 2015
They gave us another episode of Wargreymon, cuz they knew we couldn't get enough of him. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I have nothing to complain about this series. I love how they handled Wargreymon. I actually like how huge he is. If only he could one-shot Reapermon like that in Rumble Arena.
Leaves from the vine~
Jan 10, 2021 12:17 AM

Jan 2009
wow i love this episode lots of backstory and action even if not sakuga

Lopmon is fucking cute and badass in its Mega Digimon state huh

so ye its confirmed Hikari is the last chosen one and she got a holy digimon foo and we all know its Angewomon

Wargreymon never disappoints too damn that transformation sequence along with the new music is so hype
Jan 10, 2021 1:06 AM

Jul 2017
OOH Lopmon, its evolution into the Mega state Cherubimon and the past of the Cloud Continent...which basically proves that both Takeru and Hikari were also Chosen Ones with their individual Digimon with WarGreymon.

But this war is different, and with Milleniumon, a new evil arises. Bakemon into MetalPhantomon then to Gokumon, both Taichi and Sora are tied up from all directions. WarGreymon's evolution, that was the sickest evolution by far.

OH? Nice to see Komondomon back, missed these dog Digimons a lot.

Just waiting for the moment for Hikari to get her destined moment soon.

We're near to the halfway mark.
Jan 10, 2021 1:25 AM

Jul 2013
A much needed lore expansion. This is what they should've focused on instead of all those real world troubles and all the computer jargons.

I love how they try to make a big deal out of the Wargreymon evolution, when it's wasted on a random fight and when the enemies are doing it left and right with no effort lol.
Jan 10, 2021 2:54 AM

Mar 2015
lol ofc Taichi and Sora would survive being spun inside a fiery tornado with barely a scratch. Got some shallow backstory and some more meaningless action with an anticlimactic end. As per usual, this series continues to suck.
Jan 10, 2021 4:47 AM
Sep 2014
So I guess it is confirmed now that Lopmon won't do shit in this series. I guess we are not allowed to see Good Cherubimon doing things in any Digimon anime except for flashbacks.
Jan 10, 2021 7:43 AM

Apr 2020
I liked the explanation about the previous war.

Although... I can't put in words my mixed feelings about this series. I mean, we had Omegamon very early, then had another time. Omegamon is not special anymore. We had Wargreymon on 2 episodes. He's not special anymore. And it's just episode 31. I don't know what they plan to do at the final fight, but I hope it can be something special.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jan 10, 2021 8:12 AM

May 2008
Cons:
1) Taichi was on Wargreymon last episode, guess they were too lazy to draw him.
2) This ep's Gaia Force was LITERALLY the Kamehameha! Coupled with the "Gokumon", can the director be anymore obvious?
3) Why do the humans get dust marks but not the digimon?
4) Hikari
5) You give us Lopmon only to take him away?! (I'm guessing Lopmon is a dude in this one)

- That Takari set-up, yo. Now we'll never hear the end of those shippers.
- Millenniumon breaking up into shards and falling into the world gives me such Slayers vibes. Too bad the shards aren't IN digimon, that would be a much more awesome story.

Pros:
1) Ofanimon instead of Holydramon (hallelujah!)
2) Some of the lore
3) We get a name of the digimon from ep 5(?)
4) Taichi being smart and guessing it's Hikari during the flashback (Sora, seriously? You couldn't figure it out when Hikari GOT you to the DW?)
5) Bakumon's evos are awesome looking

(Potential) Issues:

While the lore is the best bit of this episode, there are a few tidbits I have to question:

- Lopmon says that in this universe digimon lose their memories "deep into their soul" and that's "its normally impossible to regain them" thus him getting his back "is a miracle". is that last half even necessary? It makes it seem like Taichi and Agumon are gods, managing to do the impossible when all they did was get to Ultimate. Getting to Ultimate isn't that special when the last two digimon manage to do with some black lightning of human energy. Why can't the memories just be hard to unlock and thus require a trigger? Trying to puff up Taichi and Agumon is kinda annoying. Will the others get that honor? I doubt it.

- Lopmon also says that he senses a new and bigger/greater darkness (which I'm taking to mean it's stronger than what they had to deal with). But he also says he won't be helping and he'll leave to the kids and their partners.... Okay... except their partners were Ultimates when they fought with you. How do you expect them to defeat a worse evil when all of you couldn't do it with YOUR help, Lopmon? So unless the reboot is gonna give us multiple fusions or "Super Ultimates" for all 8 (which Omegamon is sorta counted as anyway), I don't see how this is supposed to work out in the heroes' favor without plot armor.

- Them showcasing Omegamon twice already feels like a waste. Sure, we'd guess Omegamon, but it would still be their chance to make Omegamon actually awesome again instead of a tool to move the plot forward (like it's been post-Our War Game). Even if they go the X-Antibody route, it'd still feel like they play their hand too early. If they go the new evos route, it'd feel like nostalgia bait. I'm not even sure how Omegamon is allowed to happen under how this story is playing out. What are the requirements?! Will everyone just fuse together like in Xros Wars?

- The show acts like the war happened in the far past... except this ep makes it seem like it happened relatively recently? I mean Lopmon outright states the black lightning has been happening ever since the shards fell so. And do the digimon take years to be reborn or is practically automatically like the OG? Have they been dealing with the black lightning for years? All while waiting for a set of humans to be born? Why were these 8 chosen anyway and how? It's too bad we don't have characters to ask these critical lore questions.

That said, the preview shows we're getting a Takeru-centric ep next week with more Taichi and Sora. Sorta sucks we don't get to see the others doing stuff... But this reboot likes making Takeru Taichi's other younger sibling, so I guess I shouldn't be anything but resigned.
Jan 10, 2021 8:35 AM
Jul 2018
i hope the taichi find your sister in the next episodes.

Mod Edit: Removed unrelated picture. Please use your signature.
Koito91Jan 18, 2021 12:36 PM
Jan 10, 2021 10:45 AM

Dec 2013
It was nice to see Gokumon again, reminds me how much fun I had playing the PS1 fighting game.
Jan 10, 2021 11:30 AM
Feb 2020
18 minutes the Taichi show
I'm losing hope that this'll be decent
Jan 10, 2021 6:37 PM

May 2011
TOEI: What if reboot digimon adventure but copy assets of everyother digimon we have made?

I know this is a kids show, but this was also a franchise that took death and pain very seriously and to see kids being tossed around, burned and still have the energy to fight is just absurd.

Jan 10, 2021 7:26 PM

Feb 2015
This episode was also good for this reboot's standarts.
The toys already confirmed Ofanimon as Tailmons Ultimate for this reboot, but now the anime confirmed it as well. I don't really care if we get Ofanimon or Holydramon, they are both okay in my book.

I liked:
- I'm glad Sora & Piyomon are getting more screentime and Garudamon continues to be a total powerhouse (seems like it's even stronger than Metalgreymon, it killed two of the enemies in one blow when Metalgreymon couldn't even defeat one with an attack)
- finally some lore and plot progression, yay
- the animation was consistent

I didn't like:
- no screentime for Mimi, Jou or Yamato (Takeru will join Taichi and Sora next episode, so I excluded him)
- so Bakemon are the "frontline troops of the new darkness", but we've never even seen them until now (and will probably not see them again), right...
- why are they acting as if Wargreymon/ the ultimate level is super special when the enemies are constantly reaching that level? Gokumon literally happened out of nowhere, there wasn't even the black lightning involved this time lol
- so Tokyo is in danger a g a i n, how original (could Izzy pls be important in any other way then just declaring thet Tokyo is in danger over and over again?)
- the time line doesn't make any sense cause according to what Lopmon said, the war was just a few days/weeks ago
- why are the Komondomon not able to speak ._.

Sakarii said:
Cons:
So unless the reboot is gonna give us multiple fusions or "Super Ultimates" for all 8 (which Omegamon is sorta counted as anyway), I don't see how this is supposed to work out in the heroes' favor without plot armor.

As much as I would love more fusions between the others, they will probably just add more Omegamon upgrades. I don't expect them to give anything to anyone who isn't Taichi (or Yamato, but he fell off pretty hard the last few episodes) at this point.
StormxNightmareJan 10, 2021 7:29 PM
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Jan 11, 2021 1:40 AM

Mar 2018
One of the more watchable episodes, expanding the lore and all. Still hard to swallow WGmon's size. If the silhouettes' sizes in the flashback are true, all 6 Megas will be equally big. This seems like a setback for Hououmon and HerculesKabuterimon who are massive when comparing other 4 but on the other hand, I can't really imagine a building-size Rosemon. No idea why they had to round up Megas' sizes like that.

It's kinda funny the final boss from PS1 Rumble Arena was fodderized. I didn't know his JP name "Gokumon" btw. I only know him as "Reapermon" which sounds a lot more badass and boss-like.

Jan 11, 2021 10:39 AM

Aug 2007
This episode was really reveling. We se a part if Angewomon. And the fact Hikari is a chosen kid was reveled. But was obvious.
Jan 12, 2021 3:43 AM
Oct 2019
Finally this is what I'm waiting for... More Lore and backstory about the Digimon, they should focus more on this than the real world problem...

Lopmon was adorable...

Please why Agumon and Taichi always stealing the show everyweek, they should give other characters some screen time, or it will become boring...

Damn Gokumon, i was like hey that The Boss Digimon from Rumble Arena...but sadly it was treated like a fooder digimon... Such a waste

Does WarGreymon this Huge in the Original??? Still bothering me a little bit
Jan 12, 2021 7:46 PM

May 2008
StormxNightmare said:
As much as I would love more fusions between the others, they will probably just add more Omegamon upgrades. I don't expect them to give anything to anyone who isn't Taichi (or Yamato, but he fell off pretty hard the last few episodes) at this point.

Yamato who? /s
The final upgrade will be an Omegamon that is comprised of only Agumon and Taichi fusing, enabled by their will to keep fighting.
Jan 12, 2021 8:19 PM

Apr 2011
One of the more enjoyable episodes. I did not get Gokumon references, since I never played the ps1 game. However, I wish these fights are bit more dragged out.

So last time it took the sacrifices of the 6 legendary hero Digimon and 2 Angels fought against the darkness, but this time they have the kids as a power source, so the final fight with are going to turn out differently.

In some Digimon tamagotchi, it hints at BlitzGreymon being in the anime, since it leaked ZeedMilleniummon as the final boss. If Wargreymon fails, maybe, Agumon goes crazy like he did last time, like with DoneDevimon, maybe this time breaking free from Machindramon shell form, but as Blitzgreymon. It feels like a stretch, since I'm trying to link up, how Kimeramon and Machindramon be present, to bring in Millenniummon.

Some other theory is that ZeedMilleniummon wants Hikari as his Digimon parnter, to go further up in the evolutionary line? Maybe just me being hopeful for the future of this series.
Jan 13, 2021 4:01 AM
May 2011
I love this new show. Can't wait to see Tailmon again, maybe Maildramon is her? Idk. I hope all the partner Digimon get their own episode for their Ultimate evos.
Saber1996Jan 15, 2021 7:35 AM
Jan 13, 2021 7:00 AM

Apr 2020
Not far off the appearance of the eight ultimate forms!

Jan 17, 2021 7:57 AM

Dec 2015
Sakarii said:

The final upgrade will be an Omegamon that is comprised of only Agumon and Taichi fusing.

You got me here. Please ring me if this "matrix" thing ever happens.
Was Yamato sidelined this much? (It would mean that the series has become purely "Taichi Adventure"...)

PS: wait, we already got the Taichi/Omegamon fusing (Bokura no War Game). I even thought they would go down this road for the new (hideous) forms in the last film, a few months ago.
Rei_IIIJan 17, 2021 8:01 AM
Jan 17, 2021 11:50 AM

Jul 2008
I want Terriormon to make an appearance now.
Jan 18, 2021 1:23 PM

Nov 2020
Wargreymon is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
😻😹😽
Jan 19, 2021 8:29 AM

Jan 2021
Man... they didn't even let my boy Agumon finish eating. He's hungry af after all that evolution. Let him rest! (ToT)

About time we finally got some infodump. The key to defeating Milleniumon is the two holy digimons. Kinda reminds me of that Adventure 02 movie. Looks like the next goal is to rescue Hikari and look for Gatomon.

I'm also glad we didn't see Milleniumon yet lmao. I was afraid they were gonna pull something like that. Looks like Milleniumon's the big baddie in this reboot.

Surprisingly enough, it looks like I was mistaken of this show being the Taichi/Yamato Adventure. Even Yamato's been brushed off lol. Makes me wonder if he's gonna get his own mini-arc too like Taichi.
Jan 22, 2021 5:57 PM

May 2008
Rei_III said:
You got me here. Please ring me if this "matrix" thing ever happens.
Was Yamato sidelined this much? (It would mean that the series has become purely "Taichi Adventure"...)

PS: wait, we already got the Taichi/Omegamon fusing (Bokura no War Game). I even thought they would go down this road for the new (hideous) forms in the last film, a few months ago.

I will. xD Taichi and Yamato have always been pretty equal even when he didn't get a line (Xros Wars), so the reboot's extra focus on Taichi is unusual. (Or maybe Taichi's Digimon Adventure?)

I'm thinking more Tamers, except its Omegamon without the Garurumon half. xD
Feb 11, 2022 5:36 AM

Feb 2020
It was nice to see a glimpse of Cherubimon. I also liked the backstory.

Those Komondomon are cute and fluffy. :3

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 58 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

20 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 57 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

24 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

26 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 55 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

34 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 54 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2021

23 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.