Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
Jan 16, 2021 10:27 PM
Apr 2012
LukaPochi said:
They talked to each other just a few times, hang around her house taking care of her lil brother, and yet she's already super in love with him? Ah yeah okay

You see I read the manga several years ago, and liked it a lot.

BUT WHOA this was super fast. I almost wanna re-read the manga to check if it was. Dang dude.

12 minutes in and they're already dropping made professing each others feelings.
Jan 16, 2021 10:49 PM
Nov 2018
pretty interesting, certainly wasn't expecting miya to have piercing and tattoos. gonna be interesting to see how everybody is different during school and outside of school. i don't see why people are raving so much about this series though lol
Jan 17, 2021 4:49 AM
Jan 2021
goodness i love this episode and cute
Jan 17, 2021 12:26 PM
Mar 2013
SORRY, IT'S AN EGG EMERGENCY
Jan 18, 2021 9:27 PM
Aug 2020
god damn didn't expect the adaptation to be so well done. It's a bit fast paced tho still, I always like how straightforward their love is. such a cute couple, aaaa I feel lonely now ಥ‿ಥ
Jan 19, 2021 9:56 PM

Mar 2009
The teacher sucks. Otherwise, this was a fine first episode. Miyamura is a nice guy. And his response to Hori's question near the end was pretty great, about how he and Ishikawa wouldn't make a good couple. Made me laugh.
MormegilJan 19, 2021 10:00 PM
Jan 20, 2021 7:29 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay. Finally, i have a time to watch this. Unfortunately, i may be looking for this one too fast as the progression looked pretty much reach the first-two ovas already. I expect slower pace than that. Was that the right pace? But, whatever, i am already in so never look back!

Anyway, i don't remember that grey hair girl in the ova before. Was she Honoka? And damn Yasuda sensei have a good dialogue there, to be honestly. Unfortunately his line was just only that at this episode. I hope more interaction coming up from him. Lol.

As the plotting, they already concluded the first sharing-secret met, similar to the ova one, until Tooru's turning down point. Lmao. Hori-san really had no mercy. Hori and Miyamura interaction so far already gave the same vibes like the ova one. Its sweet, yet, have a funny moments right and left. Its decent. The first interaction within Tooru and Miyamura was also good too, similar to what i portrayed at them back to the ova one.

Still, this is only the beginning. What kind of interaction they have after reaching that point? Ah, i just forget about those green hair guy, and they don't even reach the student council members, yet. So, yeah, there are still more good interactions between them that mostly skipped after the first-two ovas. Really looking forward to that....

In the end, i guess i have no complain at these first episode. Everything just decent and pretty much enjoyable to continue the flow of the storylines. The art simply a Cloverworks standard, no complain over their too pretty design characters, especially to the main casts, or even the male lead. Oped were just good, not a great one. But its suit well to their rom-com theme.

Next episode!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 20, 2021 2:18 PM

May 2014
It's such a nice surprise to see Horimiya made into an anime ^_^

My first reaction was that this is perfect. The art is perfect, the VAs are perfect. Putting more thinking into it I'm not sure about the accuracy of the pacing but tbh I enjoy it too much to care about checking manga's pacing. Since the manga is episodic anyway I don't that the pacing is a problem in the slightest. It fits just right. Yep, perfect.
Jan 20, 2021 10:46 PM

Jan 2019
Weird, this felt like it could be a one episode OVA, complete in itself. The affection between Hori and Miyamura developed easily and fast, their relationship was already presented as established and even the love triangle got a resolution with little conflict in the first episode. This could just stop here and it would be fine.

That's not say to say it should not continue, though, I just find it hard to see how it would fill 13 episodes of romance since we already got so much development. Maybe it's gonna have a lot more comedy/slice-of-life than I expected. As long as it's not 13 episodes of Miyamura being in negation/not confident of Hori's feelings, I will continue.
Jan 21, 2021 5:09 AM

Jun 2019
Hahaha this reminds me, when the quarantine was recently announced in our country, the eggs were finished instantly.
lettuce<3
Jan 21, 2021 12:17 PM
Apr 2017
Incredibly rushed episode. The relationship between Hori and Miyamura at the end of the episode was out of place because the show never let their relationship blossom and develop.

Other than that, I don't understand how this show has an 8.6 score, considering how poor the first episodes were. Perhaps the misplaced score comes from manga readers with bias.
Jan 21, 2021 12:19 PM
Apr 2017
RayReynolds said:
An incredibly anodyne episode for the most part. That its humor is primarily one of them screaming is certainly a rough edge, as is going right from one meet-cute to both their lives revolving entirely around the other while trying to claim that both have always lead full secret lives is also a conceit that's a bit hard to swallow. I would consider these incredibly minimal complaints for the people who like this kind of show though. Again, it's incredibly inoffensive, which makes it a little boring to talk about. The only conflict in the entire episode came from literally out of nowhere in the last three minutes of the episode, was just one of them feeling insecure, and resolved immediately. The rest was just… well, fluff. There were various seemingly setups for things, like the whole tattoo bit, but they never went anywhere. It wasn't particularly corny. Nor particularly screamy. Not too boring. Just fluff without any major ups, downs, troughs or swells, build-ups or climaxes.

I agree. It's an average show with blatantly fast pacing issues and little to no flair.
Jan 22, 2021 1:15 PM

Feb 2008
So wholesome and chill. Seeing a romantic comedy without the main character getting constantly flustered feels refreshing. Miyamura and Hori truly have great chemistry.

Supporting characters look intriguing too.

I am definitely looking forward to more.
Jan 22, 2021 3:48 PM

Mar 2013
Really enjoyed this a lot more than I expected.
Wasn't sure if the first Episode was rushed or supposed to be like this, Miyamura looks absolutely dashing when he has his hair up.
"You think your power has limits, I say it's limitless."

Jan 23, 2021 6:14 AM

Apr 2020
Great! Looking forward to the follow-up.

Jan 23, 2021 9:41 AM

Feb 2014
Sure, why not? originally wasn't planning on watching this, but whatever.
Jan 30, 2021 6:25 AM

Aug 2020
I heard people talk about the manga being amazing and there was hype for this anime so I'm finally checking it out. It's pretty good so far! It feels a little rushed to me but it honestly didn't bother me all that much.

Feb 1, 2021 5:19 AM
Jan 2020
You always wear two faces. Horimiya, now I understand the meaning if the title.
It was a good intro too all the characters, I can relate with some of the incidents. Liking the characters already.
Feb 2, 2021 10:28 AM

Aug 2017
Beautiful!!! I can totally see Hori take top spot in waifu polls this season!!!

Feb 5, 2021 2:18 AM

Aug 2018
I liked it a lot.
I was going to read the manga but when the anime was confirmed I waited. And if this very good this very funny and I'm going to watch it.
Feb 7, 2021 11:26 AM

Mar 2010
I like how everything is out in the open when it comes to their feelings, thats how things are supposed to be like. No beating around da bush and expecting someone to guess how you feel.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 11, 2021 8:38 PM
Dec 2016
I read the first three volumes of Horiyma about maybe three years ago and really enjoyed it :) I've caught up a little more to the manga now and started watching the anime, so far I am very pleased (I'm only two episodes in)
Feb 15, 2021 11:27 AM
Aug 2018
I have not laughed so much at an episode of anime in a while. It's my cup of tea delivered just at the right moment. The episode had me hooked on this anime in the first 4 minutes. Great episode!
Feb 16, 2021 8:01 PM

Jan 2013
Finally got the time to start this! Oh boy, what a start!
Being Kanojo Okarishimasu the last romance anime/manga that I've kept up to date, this feels so much refreshing, finally, it feels like a real romance without any bs that we're used to.
At this speed, it's just a matter of time before they start going out xD I do feel bad for Tooru, it seems that he and Izumi will be good buddies.

What a great first episode man!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 20, 2021 11:01 AM
Sep 2015
Okay... we got a lot of development in this episode.

Not a fan of the perv teacher tho.
Feb 22, 2021 5:37 PM

Dec 2012
AMAZING FIRST EPISODE
ROM COM + SLICE OF LIFE

Feb 25, 2021 2:24 AM

May 2015
I really like the dynamic in this series. An unconventional male lead. I watched the original OVA a long while back so it's nice to see this series back again in full series form.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 25, 2021 10:15 AM

Jan 2021
This anime is really good according to episode 1
It just took me 4 minutes to get used the character then I loved the characters as well as the story it's just my favourite!
Feb 25, 2021 8:02 PM

Jun 2020
yep , horimiya ahhh its so wholesome ,and i also like the op
miyamura and hori are so cute together

Feb 27, 2021 3:21 PM
Mar 2015
In what year was this written? Can we talk about the fact, that they use flip phones?
Mar 1, 2021 10:09 AM

Aug 2017
No. I expected something better after reading the synopsis and the hype. Hori is too violent and she's not funny. I like the animation.
NurguburuMar 1, 2021 10:41 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 6, 2021 7:02 AM

May 2010
I remember reading a bit of the manga a few years ago but all I remembered was that Miyamura dressed kind of alternative when he wasn't at school. I really like this so far. It's funnier than I remember and I like the characters.
Mar 7, 2021 5:56 AM

Nov 2020
Is it just me or the first episode felt like too much happening?They met and instantly hit it off.I dont get how hori developed feelings in such a short time.The scene in end felt a little out of place.Why was she even mad about they have known each other for 3 days max?!I would love to hear your feed back!
Mar 11, 2021 9:19 AM

Jan 2020
It was good. I really like the art style. But the comedy, yeah the comedy isn't great.. Better than Demon Slayer though.
Not a fan of the ED though, but the OP is good.

I prefer Wonder Egg Priority, but I got some hope for Horimiya too.
3099Mar 11, 2021 9:23 AM
Mar 18, 2021 1:07 AM

Apr 2016
At first I wasn't interested in anime like Horimiya. But because there are so many people who recommend this anime I think I should try watching it. For episode 1 it's enough to make me interested and I'll watch it until the end.
Mar 23, 2021 3:10 PM
Jun 2020
Very cute first episode they trying to get me invested.
Mar 25, 2021 1:23 PM
May 2019
Miyamura is the new definition of HOT. Jumping over the wall, so sexy. I think I have a new husbando.
Mar 26, 2021 10:44 AM

Feb 2019
That was an amazing episode! I really love the art style, it's so clean and sharp. And all the characters look so good (although not a fan of Ishikawa's purple hair, but it looks kinda fitting). The comedy, voice acting, music, shot composition, all of it is just great. This might just be a 9 or a 10 for me. It's been a while since an anime was in consideration for that score! I just don't know what to say because I loved it so much. Hori is really really cute, especially at home.

And that was probably one of the most unique EDs I've ever seen.
Apr 13, 2021 10:33 AM

Nov 2014
I really appreciate how quickly they solved some stuff here. Things like Miyamura saying stuff that made Hori sad or Tooru confessing could often be dragged out and real pain in the ass. Instead he apologized instantly and other guy also didn't bother waiting and stalling. I mean, normally each of those would take whole arc lol.
Apr 17, 2021 2:57 PM
Sep 2017
when i first started the episode, i was really confused. it kinda just throws you in. i'm not sure if this is because i've not read the manga, but it took a little bit to get my bearings. however, by the end of the episode, i found that i really enjoyed it. the season ended a few weeks ago, so i can now watch all of it! i'm really looking forward to this:)
Apr 20, 2021 4:47 PM

Sep 2011
This is a really good start. The main character seem very sweet and fun to watch already, but I do feel like the pacing was annoyingly fast. I planned to read the manga at one point, but the anime should help gettng into it, so I do hope the episodes won't be as rushed as this was in terms of plot. Like it seemed as if weeks or months passed by already. But anyway, I still can't wait to see more.
Apr 24, 2021 10:31 AM

May 2010
The pacing is way too fast, wtf. Why was Sota playing unattended?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 3, 2021 1:04 AM

May 2016
Going quite smooth from the beginning I like that they don't drag this
And go into it early on, hopefully the drama is good in long run. 5/5
May 6, 2021 4:39 AM

Mar 2015
Interesting start, looks like another typical high school romcom but the characters are defs interesting!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 3, 2021 10:01 AM
Apr 2021
Never judge a book by its cover lol. The chemistry between the two is great to watch. Hori is a top tier waifu imo and Miyamura is one hot husbando too.

The art and the animation looks so good. The story looks interesting too. I think we're gonna have a hit with this one.
Jun 19, 2021 2:42 AM

Nov 2014
Just watched ep1, the pacing feels kind of quick(?) for what I thought is a chill romance. At the very least that's my impression of Horimiya, since I never read the manga.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jul 13, 2021 9:16 AM

Aug 2018
So they have in common that they're not living some after-school life some people around might be expecting them to.. Well, both of them like what they do?.. Or not?.. Don't know at this point..
Asking to buy eggs and come over?.. What are they?.. Married couple already?.. ;D Also later taking kid for her from school as well..
Sharing true personality, hm..
Overall, interesting start.. Characters are quite mindful a lot of times here.. Well, like how Ishikawa doesn't start bullying Miyamura or some random crap, which often happens in these kinds of situation.. But they rather talked about.. Or how Hori addresses Miyamura's words, when not everyone would do that.. Or other stuff.. But will see more, how enjoyable anime will be..
Jul 20, 2021 5:28 AM

Jul 2015
Bit late to the party but after waiting long time they finally release a HoriMiya adaptation (ignoring the 2012 ona). Quite fastpaced especially how they got so close in the span of 5 minutes but I like the don't judge a book by its cover aspect so far with the 'secret selves' of both Hori and Miyamura.

Aug 7, 2021 1:39 AM
Aug 2021
O anime horimiya é realmente muito bom
Aug 10, 2021 10:45 PM

Aug 2019
Great first impressions, haven't felt this hooked on a SOL anime for quite some time, definitely looking forward.

Episode felt quite fast past though? Feels like literally 3 minutes ago Miyamura and Hori just met, and now they're super close in such a small time frame. I hope if they decide to heavily focus on their relationship later, they don't do so many time skips as its hard to gauge how close they are, thus understand how close they are in their relationship.

The story itself feels, unique enough from the core idea that people have different personalities or "faces" that they want others around them to see when at school, college, work compared to at home or with people their comfortable with. The MC's themselves seem to have their own thing going for them, but like i said, currently kinda hard to pin point whats happening between them.

Visuals are as good as they get for SOL anime's, but will admit CloverWorks did well on character design here, Miyamura's really got something going on.

VA's were great, will wholeheartedly admit, Yoshikawa character design reminded me a lot of Ritsu from K-on, so when I saw her i expected Satou Satomi vpoce but got something much lighter xD bu yeh no complaints about VA's.

Ngl this anime's whole deal, really reminds me of Tsurezure Children. Although if i remember, Tsurezure Children had quite a jumpy plot, the romance comedy theme that they managed to do, really bounced off each other well, and i'm getting the same vibes here.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

406 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 23, 7:31 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

152 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2021

165 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2021

217 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2021

216 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 7:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.