Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2021 1:00 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
New OP & ED. I think I like OP2 more than OP1

Introducing Cellphone.

FukuJun's character seems to save a popular and beautiful lady escaping from a fire youkai, who burn others when watch her to the extend that he locked her into a jail. The mission is to kill that fire youkai to prevent him killing FukuJun's character (from jealousy).

Seeing the eyes made him remember what he did. It seems like he is the one who burned the forest that separated the sisters, as ordered by a mysterious lady youkai (also can see sisters' father). The girl from the current time is mad.

The lady came to tell him she is to leave him. He is believing FukuJun's character is to blame. From the huge jealousy, he burned himself! FukuJun's character might be a big youkai? He seems to know their father...

Did she really give up cellphone and that grudge or?

New ED is nice, like ED1.

Their parents before the sisters were left behind next. FukuJun's character seems to play a big role?

tsubasaloverJan 10, 2021 2:47 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 9, 2021 3:43 AM
Oct 2016
Great return for our half demon princesses. A connection to their fiery last emerged from a seemingly unrelated conflict. That Homura guy was bad news, trying to control Tamano so damn much. Literally burning other dudes alive just for looking at her, talk about possessive. The dude had some serious issues. I did like how he was the one whom burned down the forest when Setsuna and Towa were kids. That was was ordered to by that mysterious demon who made their first appearance in this episode, Sesshomaru seemed unbothered by the idea for some reason. The three girls going against Homura was nice, but I liked how the one to truly take him down was Tamano herself by saying she'd never come back to him. Poor Moroha still hasn't gotten a bounty. I absolutely LOVED the new opening and ending, they are amazing!!!! Next week looks like we're getting more flashbacks with the old crew.
Jan 9, 2021 3:44 AM

Jul 2017
OP2 is a literal gem, amazing music and awesome animation. Oh my.

Even half-demons can get addicted to smartphones too? Very relatable there Touwa

A crazy in-love antagonist, which also turns out to be the reason for our beloved Twins' childhood suffering, wow, we managed to see yet again their explosive duo, even crazier this time since they are so pissed.

I love how Riku and the beautiful girl bullied him at the end, he deserves it, tho I do pitied him at the end, burning himself like that over a girl, he did love her so much. and Riku still being fishy and manipulative as usual, can't wait till his ass got kicked in the future.
Jan 9, 2021 4:16 AM

May 2020
Not a bad episode. Homura burning himself to death in the end felt like a metaphor for how dangerous it is allow your obsessions to take over.

Not much to discuss about the episode itself, although that preview is driving me nuts.
Jan 9, 2021 5:48 AM

Sep 2019
I really liked the new op and ed. Towa and Setsuna found the guy who burned the forest and made the sisters fall apart. Next episode’s preview HYPE.
Jan 9, 2021 6:32 AM

Oct 2020
Still vibing to the op and ed.
Jan 9, 2021 7:10 AM

Jul 2017
NOW THIS IS MORE LIKE IT.

The new OP/ED is infinitely better than the 1st Cour pairing.

The whole smartphone gag was kinda funny.

Tamano explicitly coming up for the next bounty task: a evil mountain god demon Homura at the cusp of killing jealousy at the slight contact of Tamano, from overly-caring to imprisonment, only to be saved by Riku.

Burning down the forest that had both kids Towa and Setsuna from back then, Sesshomaru isn't that kind of person who would care for such contrivance anyways, that's the deal with Inuyasha's half-brother.

In the end, Riku's plan for Tamano to confront Homura for a lovers' quarrel to spike his emotions, now I really wonder what is Riku's deal and tying him into the whole situation with Sesshomaru.

Sorry Moroha, your bounty will always be gone...as much as it is a recurring gag.

The preview though, we finally get to see the link between old and new.
Jan 9, 2021 8:29 AM

Jun 2017
The new op and ed is nice. Homura just killing himself was straight wtf tho. Next ep seems it will be better at least with some actual explanations.
Jan 9, 2021 9:09 AM
Apr 2020
Homura killing himself is funny at first. But if you think about it, that only shows how one's self can be too destructive.

So next episode will really confirm if Rin is Towa and Setsuna's mother. Sesshomaru let his daughters be burned by Homura, lol, or maybe because that demon Zero is around and he's actually hoping that they'll survive.

Jan 9, 2021 9:35 AM

May 2018
Wow, brick joke from episode 4.

Jan 9, 2021 9:51 AM

Dec 2013
Next episode finally some much needed answers.
Jan 9, 2021 9:54 AM

Feb 2019
I probably like the second OP more than the first. Think the first ED is better than this one tho, still a bop.

OP seems to imply Towa will go full demon at some point? That’s gonna be hype.

Overall good first episode back, Riku’s pulling a lot of strings behind the scenes. I’m hype that next week we’re FINALLY getting some backstory about what happened to Kagome and Inuyasha.
Jan 9, 2021 9:56 AM

Sep 2016
Looks like the the next episode will finally be the one we are all waiting for!
Jan 9, 2021 10:26 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
The new OP/ED are better than the old ones. So Towa, Setsuna, and Moroha are tasked with slaying Homura, a jealous evil mounted god that abducted Tamano, but somehow she managed to escape and was rescued by Riku. Turns out that Homura was responsible for setting the forest on fire that caused Towa and Setsuna to be separated. Towa gets angry and tries to attack Homura with all his might, but it wasn't enough. Tamano eventually went back to Homura's mansion to tell him how much of a jealous bastard he was. Homura was so jealous of Tamano being at Riku's side that he ended up burning himself up in a ironic fashion.

This was one of the better episodes so far, but we still don't know why Sesshomaru sat back and watched Homura burned the forest that his daughters were in. Maybe that will be addressed in the next episode.
Jan 9, 2021 11:39 AM

Aug 2007
Ok, now I have some questions that maybe next week will have answers. How does Setsuna survived that fire? and Why those demons want both sisters dead?

And basically a final question: Why do I have to wait a week?
Jan 9, 2021 1:05 PM
Nov 2019
I like the new opening and endings a lot more than the first ones. Didn't hate the first ones, they just didn't do anything for me. Looks like the next episode will finally give us answers, mainly cause it's an actual flashback episode as opposed to what to a couple of seconds. As for this episode, my only issue is that I'm not sure what the point of having Homura be the one who burned the forest if he's just gonna die in this episode. Feels like he should be a much bigger deal. Though it does seem like it was more than just him so we'll see.
Jan 9, 2021 2:44 PM
Nov 2017
Unexpected new good opening
Jan 9, 2021 5:45 PM
Dec 2018
Does anyone think that the female demon that told Humora to burn the forest is actually Sesshomaru's mother? She looked a lot like her to me.
Jan 9, 2021 6:40 PM
Oct 2020
merrybelletrist said:
Does anyone think that the female demon that told Humora to burn the forest is actually Sesshomaru's mother? She looked a lot like her to me.

She is not sesshomaru's mother.
Jan 9, 2021 7:04 PM
Dec 2018
Takao_Bl00driver said:
merrybelletrist said:

She is not sesshomaru's mother.

Ah, I see! She looked a bit like his mother to me.
Jan 9, 2021 9:06 PM
Mar 2015
Homura really got burned for love At least we know who set the fire It had something to do with Riku and Sesshoumaru
Jan 10, 2021 1:09 AM
Dec 2020
With new op finally we connect
Jan 10, 2021 2:47 AM

Aug 2013
next week answers may be bring forth light to the questions
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 10, 2021 8:15 AM
May 2018
the new op is so great i love it, this episode was good cant wait for the next one
Jan 10, 2021 12:46 PM

Apr 2018
Op 2 was really good, but i like ed 1 better. Pretty good episode, the story is slowly moving on which is fine.
Jan 10, 2021 4:43 PM

Nov 2018
Finally, after 14 episodes, we will know what happened in the past for the girls to have been abandoned.

Jan 11, 2021 1:52 AM
Jul 2018
Haha, Setsuna opens the camera on the phone ... "DIE!" xDD Do you know what I ask myself? What kind of phone does Towa own? How does it still have battery? I wanna know, I want that phone lol

And yes, we finally get to know what happened back then! Love angry Towa here.

I just wish that they won't brush Mohora, who's best girl, aside in a lot od episodes. :/

And what's up with Riku? There is something going on with him (and lol, hiw he flirts with that girl to make the demon extra jealous, he's great! xD)

The new opening and ending is really nice, but I miss the old ending. That was awesome.
removed-userJan 11, 2021 1:56 AM
Jan 11, 2021 5:04 PM
Jan 11, 2021 8:06 PM
Sep 2008
So when Moroha and Setsuna went to the present day on the firsts episodes, they didn't see a smartphone? That joke would have been ok in that episode, but they pulled it now for what filling minutes.

Also the monster of the week died in the most patetic way than being slain by OP Towa, by killing himself with the same flames that he creates after "beautiful lady" said she didn't want to be with him. It would have made more sense that the monster attacker Riku, that Riku killed him in an instant and Moroha didnt get the reward because it wasnt her the one who completed the mission.

Finally good second op and ed.
Jan 12, 2021 1:18 AM

Oct 2017
I didn't like this at all. Homura didn't seem like such a bad guy, all he did was love that girl but she never understood his love for her and now that Homura died she's gonna live happily ever after, WOW. Also I feel like Riku did something there, I really dun like this guy.

New OP was okay but I really like the ED. Excited for next episode, finally time to know.
Jan 12, 2021 9:24 PM

May 2020
MegamiRem said:
I didn't like this at all. Homura didn't seem like such a bad guy, all he did was love that girl but she never understood his love for her and now that Homura died she's gonna live happily ever after, WOW.

Are you seriously trying to defend an insecure, abusive, jealous dickhead ? He literally kidnapped her and kept her against her consent and then try to lock her up.
Jan 12, 2021 9:25 PM
Nov 2020
Since this Youkai was very human-looking I got to thinking. Basically the work they do here is assassins for hire. "Please kill this guy for a price", and they went to him to hunt him down and kill him. He wasn't out killing innocent farmers or anything, just chilling back in his castle. But I guess you may justify it since he had killed a fair number of people earlier (and kidnapped Tamano).

From a language point of view I noticed that Homura (焔) means "(1) flame; blaze; (2) flames (of intense emotion, e.g. love, jealousy, anger); passion;" so quite a fitting name.
ぴえん超えてぱおん
Jan 12, 2021 10:56 PM

Oct 2017
TitanInsane said:
MegamiRem said:
I didn't like this at all. Homura didn't seem like such a bad guy, all he did was love that girl but she never understood his love for her and now that Homura died she's gonna live happily ever after, WOW.

Are you seriously trying to defend an insecure, abusive, jealous dickhead ? He literally kidnapped her and kept her against her consent and then try to lock her up.
Uh no I'm not defending him lol. What I'm saying is I didn't like that shit. I thought this episode would be something like the beauty and the beast but you knw hw things went so I'm dissapointed.
Jan 13, 2021 7:03 AM

Sep 2018
Yo if you think about it, kidnapping a woman, holding her as your slave and murdering everyone who looks at her with your magic fire powers is basically just like a phone addiction.

I'm sorry, but this is the dumbest shit I ever heard lmao
Stop wasting time on MAL, go watch Planet With!
Jan 13, 2021 7:16 AM
Nov 2020
Donphan-senpai said:
Yo if you think about it, kidnapping a woman, holding her as your slave and murdering everyone who looks at her with your magic fire powers is basically just like a phone addiction.

I'm sorry, but this is the dumbest shit I ever heard lmao
Looks like we got a smart phone addict over here!
https://imgur.com/a/y9626sV
ぴえん超えてぱおん
Jan 13, 2021 9:38 AM
May 2019
TitanInsane said:
MegamiRem said:

For real! I couldn't believe someone would feel sorry for a character like Homura.

I mean, child predator should also be added to the list of all the awful things he was. Tamano was either 13 years old or just a little bit older when he kidnapped her. She is consitently referred to as a "girl," so she isn't a grown woman yet.

Someone feeling sorry for a character like that is a bit alarming.

Edit: It seems that the individual wasn't actually defending or feeling sorry for Homura after all, thankfully.
Jan 14, 2021 12:22 AM
Oct 2020
I can't get serious with this episode.
The coincidence just so hilarious.
Minase Inori = Tamano = Princess Syalis.

Even in another anime, she is kidnapped by demon and can break from her prison.

Sasuga Suya Hime Sama. No one can stop her.

LOL, please help, i'm dying.
Jan 17, 2021 12:18 PM

Jul 2008
I guess I'm in the minority and liked the first OP and ED better.

And Homura burning anyone who looked at the girl alive? Yeah he's a bastard.

And I guess this is confirmation who the twins mother is...and all I can say is...eww.
Feb 17, 2021 12:47 AM

Jun 2017
So Sesshoumaru just nonchalantly let Homura burn the woods when he knew his daughters were there? Was he being a jerk again, or did he just know his daughters' capabilities? 🤔

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Feb 17, 2021 1:00 PM
Nov 2020
KoniginElle said:
So Sesshoumaru just nonchalantly let Homura burn the woods when he knew his daughters were there? Was he being a jerk again, or did he just know his daughters' capabilities? 🤔
I guess it's something like "If they're worthy they'll survive". Youkai-style tough love.
ぴえん超えてぱおん
Apr 27, 2021 5:09 PM

Sep 2014
Homura should've hired females to work for him if he didn't like other men around her

WolfWood37 said:
I guess I'm in the minority and liked the first OP and ED better.

Same, the new OP looks cooler visually but I liked the previous songs more. New Era was a catchy song I was addicted to listening to it and the previous ED song reminded me a bit of Namie Amuro vibes.

« »
🔮 Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
May 18, 2022 7:14 PM

Nov 2010
That Homura is stupid like your typical obsessive human males. There's like an infinite amount of pretty girls he can collect. Letting a few loose wouldn't really matter. I wish I could take his place as an evil God, I believe I could do better and not self destruct over one girl. lol

New OP is really good!
Jan 22, 2023 4:53 AM

Jan 2018
New OP and ED are fine. The first OP wasn't very good but it did start growing on me. I'm not sure about the new OP. I liked the first ED a lot though. I am going to miss it. But the new ED seems great too.

Homura is an idiot.

Next episode seems to be a prequel. About time they explained shit.
Mar 23, 2023 9:31 AM

Apr 2013
Opening is quite catchy. Seems like we'll finally get some information about Inuyasha and Sesshomaru.
Mar 4, 5:47 AM

Jun 2020
I'm not sure what Sesshomaru was thinking when he let Homura do that. But oh well, I'm sure there's a reason that will be explained in the next episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 24, 2020

91 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 17, 2020

90 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 10, 2020

108 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 27, 2021

39 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 28, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 20, 2021

90 by evonewsun »»
Mar 13, 1:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.