Forum Settings
Forums

What is the ONE thing you can't handle in an anime/manga?

New
Jan 8, 2021 2:53 PM
Mar 2016
I've watched so many kinds of stuff in anime.. and I know I can handle them all, I can handle gore, violence, bullying, family complicated drama, deaths, creepy stuff, hateful characters, rape, pedophilia.. and every cringy filthy creepy thing you can ever imagine.

Until I encounter NTR filthy shit.. I can never never handle it even if MC is trash! It ruins the whole shit for me.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 8, 2021 2:57 PM
Sep 2020
Stupid MC who can't improve, only one of the protagonists I like is Subaru.
Jan 8, 2021 2:58 PM
Jan 2020
Useless characters. Characters who do nothing to move the plot along or don’t help any other important characters. If you’re going to be introduced into the story, have some purpose.
Bruh
Jan 8, 2021 3:00 PM

Jan 2020
As for me, it would be accusations of male characters for no reason completely out of blue, especially when it's about accusing someone for being erotic. But anyways, anime is a mere hyperbolization of everything, pretty much, thus all those kinds of accusations would be debunked right away IRL (because IRL nowadays noone really gives a fuck).
RudeRedisJan 10, 2021 1:13 AM
Jan 8, 2021 3:01 PM
Jul 2017
Dense anime protagonists like Ichika Orimura from Infinite Stratos
Jan 8, 2021 3:06 PM

May 2016
RudeRedis said:
As for me, it would be accusations of male characters for no reason completely out of blue, especially when it's about acussing someone for being erotic. But anyways, anime is a mere hyperbolization of everything, pretty much, thus all those kinds of accusations would be debunked right away IRL (because IRL nowadays noone really gives a fuck).

Couldn't possibly be any more vague, could you? Show me on the doll where the ill-defined strawmen touched you.

I can't stand "the imouto." You know the kind. Get that shit out of my face.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jan 8, 2021 3:24 PM

Jan 2020

Well, “imouto” in Japanese means “little sister”, so there’s a definite reason for hatred – parents will spend more money on her, right? Anyways not the point. The point is: randomly calling guys “hentai” for a glimpse or any similar harmless action. Yeah, it’s one of those archetypes popularized in Japan and blah, blah, blah… Whatever, fuck it… Counterculture! Anti-Hype!
So we have scenes, in which a female character certainly did something erotic first, but eventually blamed a male character who was passing by in due time. Does it impact the story that munch? No. Do I like that? No. Pretty simple.
Jan 8, 2021 3:31 PM

Jun 2016
I CAN HANDLE EVERYTHING YOU THROW AT ME ANIME!!!
except guys who talk like ramuda from hypnosis mic. i need to turn down the volume for those.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jan 8, 2021 3:38 PM
Jan 2021
Toxic characters that exist just to piss me off.
I mean if ur not DIO then just stop being trash for five minutes...
Jan 8, 2021 3:41 PM

Apr 2016
Probably the one thing that bugs me the most is excess fanservice
or pedo shit, like the "cute imouto" mess
Jan 8, 2021 3:44 PM

Aug 2020
characters who think they're ideals matter more than what's ahead. Suzaku and Nina for example.
Jan 8, 2021 4:19 PM

Sep 2008
"If I kill you I'll be just as bad as you."
mc telling the final boss, after he slaughtered his armies without remorse.
I cringe every time.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Jan 8, 2021 4:28 PM

Dec 2019
Well,i really don't like somethings,but i can handle.I watch all anime genre,some less,some more,but all.A example of thing i don't like is the "i can't do anything without him/she" caracter.
Jan 8, 2021 5:17 PM

Sep 2020
The sentence "To be continued".

30 word limit anwnfnwionfwaiofniofnwinaif

[Violet X Amy]

[VioletteloiV X squished_lemon]

Jan 8, 2021 5:26 PM
Mar 2016
Adster123 said:

Take Masamune from [Masamune's Revenge] as another example. I hate these characters but I can still handle them.
Jan 8, 2021 5:41 PM

Jul 2017
1. Love Triangles, for a variety of reasons. It ends up making the characters braindead at times and protagonists having absurd levels of density, creates tons of pointless misunderstandings and drama, and most of the time is just used to stall the main confession or the time the main couple gets to spend together or something along those lines

I've very seldom seen a good love triangle in any series (best one I've seen I believe was Mairimashita Senpai if you can even call that a love triangle)

2. For some reason, in a loooot of romance series' (particularly shoujo/shounen), if the best friend of one of the leads is a relevant character and female, it's usually because they have a lesbian cush on the FL, if they're male, it's usually because they're in a love triangle with the main pair.

3. characters who are just there to be overly protective of one of the leads, and attack the love interest to """protect""" the other lead. like wtf, how exactly is beating up the person the lead is interested in supposed to help you "win them over"
Jan 8, 2021 6:51 PM
Oct 2019
MC's who always spare the main antagonist simply because "killing is bad", but will have no problem killing 100 people to get to them.
Jan 8, 2021 6:54 PM

Aug 2018
I can't handle cliffhangers in anime/manga.
Jan 8, 2021 6:59 PM

Jan 2010
Unfunny perverted stupidity. Like in most harem and ecchi.
I recently watched "Ore dake Haireru Kakushi Dungeon" and this is the epitome of everythiing I hate. God.
Jan 8, 2021 7:21 PM

May 2020
Rape scenes and perverted scenes that aren't funny

Something that’s supposed to die and doesn’t… will eventually rot away , whether it’s a man or a nation
Jan 8, 2021 7:31 PM

Dec 2016
i can handle pretty much anything too, any gore/violence/rape/pedo shit as long as the bad stuff is portrayed in the story as bad
but when animes glorify the lolicon shit or anything non consensual and use it as comic relief, or worse, an actual foundation for a romance... i gotta go 🤢🤢🤮
Jan 8, 2021 7:42 PM
Apr 2018
I can't remember, maybe there isn't. Even if there is, i wouldn't go as far as saying "Can't handle it". ANIME's story events generally doesn't surprise me.

ExoticBard said:
MC's who always spare the main antagonist simply because "killing is bad", but will have no problem killing 100 people to get to them.
Haaaha!

Adster123 said:
Yeah! Dense & Indecisive characters.

EnvyHenry said:
The sentence "To be continued".

30 word limit anwnfnwionfwaiofniofnwinaif
Death Wish! Recently i did the same thing, commenting "30 characters limit" & the moderator deleted my post & warned me about getting banned. & RAPHTALIA is adorable. :)

mirp448 said:
i can handle pretty much anything too, any gore/violence/rape/pedo shit as long as the bad stuff is portrayed in the story as bad
but when animes glorify the lolicon shit or anything non consensual and use it as comic relief, or worse, an actual foundation for a romance... i gotta go 🤢🤢🤮
Exactly that.
Doutei-kunJan 8, 2021 7:48 PM
Jan 8, 2021 7:56 PM

Aug 2013
1.- I hate when anime force the fanservice, looking it too unreal. I can handle the fanservice but PLEASE do it right way.

2.- That character type like "I can do anything thanks to the power of friendship". No, you can't.

3.- That "moe" girl that act like an whore and that's the only way she knows how to exist.
Jan 8, 2021 7:58 PM

Oct 2020
Well,if you understand NTR,
Then you should know there's still one thing which is worse than it and it's "mind break".
Jan 8, 2021 8:03 PM

Aug 2017
Pointless situations, forced drama.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 8, 2021 8:04 PM

Apr 2015
Traps / feminine looking guys, gross.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jan 8, 2021 8:09 PM

Sep 2020
@ChetanS

well then fuck the mods.

their fault for not lowering it.

also thx for complimenting mai waifu!

[Violet X Amy]

[VioletteloiV X squished_lemon]

Jan 8, 2021 8:12 PM

Jun 2014
Pedo shit, incest, and the unfortunate trope in a lot of BL that if you get sexually assaulted/r***d, you can still have a successful romance with the person who assaulted you. I really hate that.
Jan 8, 2021 8:21 PM

Jun 2015

you say with a picture of griffith?

aight
KurtmoJan 8, 2021 8:24 PM
Jan 8, 2021 8:32 PM

Sep 2020
Just pathetic MCs

They get on my nerves
Jan 8, 2021 8:46 PM

May 2018
I can handle anything you throw at me; I'll just roll my eyes and move on if I don't like it. It doesn't affect my overall enjoyment much. Worst case scenario, I'll just forward or tab out to check my email or something if it drags for too long.

What makes my blood boil is when something I really enjoy is ruined by something I really don't enjoy because it's too intertwined into the plot. The romance subplot and horrible female characters in Bakuman, for example. It felt like forced ads I had to sit through to watch the good parts to the point where I stopped reading the subtitles when female love interests were on screen. That show, in particular, made me very angry because I enjoyed the "battles" and all the other content so much it was almost a contender for a second 10 rating.
Jan 9, 2021 2:56 PM
Mar 2016
_grimreaper0_ said:
Well,if you understand NTR,
Then you should know there's still one thing which is worse than it and it's "mind break".

Yeah I know that and I honestly, even though it feels bad, but I can still handle it as long as there's no NTR. It just hurts my heart after building some emotions for the boy and girl's relationship.
Jan 9, 2021 3:03 PM
Jul 2018
Nonsense plot and brutal violence, they don't look very appealing for the story
Jan 9, 2021 3:32 PM

Oct 2010
I can't handle yuuki aoi's screams and I am currently watching nanatsu no taizai and symphogear. whenever I hear her screams I wanna strangle her, I will get mad surely after I finish those
Jan 9, 2021 3:40 PM

Jan 2020
1- Stupid protagonist that don't have balls, ex: Subaru, Yukiteru, Shinji and that idiot of Aku no Hana
2- Stupid tsundere that punch the protagonist for none reason, ex: Taiga Aisaka, Sakura Haruno (Shippuden) and Chitoge Kirisaki

Jan 9, 2021 4:11 PM

Sep 2020
Mary sue characters who are good at everything for no reason.
Jan 9, 2021 4:27 PM

Jul 2017
Toxic tsundere main girls in romance anime. Louise and Taiga are the sort of tsunderes I'm getting at. Unless there is supposed to be a satisfying payoff where they get eaten by wolves or something.

Jan 9, 2021 4:31 PM

Apr 2019
Incel romance anime, incel cringe protagonists.

squek said:
Stupid MC who can't improve, only one of the protagonists I like is Subaru.
nyugvo6 said:
I cringe every time.

and these two

Jan 9, 2021 4:32 PM

May 2015
The whole incest stuff like there ALWAYS has to be a catch in a good relationship. And I am not only talking about siblings, but cousins too. Like, can't you just make them childhood friends and that's it?
Jan 9, 2021 4:34 PM

Nov 2019
RudeRedis said:
As for me, it would be accusations of male characters for no reason completely out of blue, especially when it's about acussing someone for being erotic. But anyways, anime is a mere hyperbolization of everything, pretty much, thus all those kinds of accusations would be debunked right away IRL (because IRL nowadays noone really gives a fuck).

facts are being spit by this guy right here
"Nobody is stronger than me, even when I go easy on them. Remember that" - Ayanokoji Kiyotaka
Jan 9, 2021 4:35 PM

May 2012
pint said:

What is an incel protagonist? etc. etc.
Jan 9, 2021 4:35 PM

Nov 2019
nyugvo6 said:
I cringe every time.

exactly, why do they have to say that. scenes would be so much better.
"Nobody is stronger than me, even when I go easy on them. Remember that" - Ayanokoji Kiyotaka
Jan 9, 2021 4:37 PM

Nov 2019
shingojira-chan said:
Rape scenes and perverted scenes that aren't funny

so.......berserk?

and all ecchi. ok
Jan 9, 2021 4:38 PM

Nov 2019
IgorPsc91 said:
1- Stupid protagonist that don't have balls, ex: Subaru, Yukiteru, Shinji and that idiot of Aku no Hana
2- Stupid tsundere that punch the protagonist for none reason, ex: Taiga Aisaka, Sakura Haruno (Shippuden) and Chitoge Kirisaki

agree with both statements.

SOMEHOW, i watched all of to love ru.

i wanted to kill myself for doing that
Jan 9, 2021 4:39 PM
Dec 2019
the kind of characters that goes all my little pony and say "FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC" and finishes the enemy in one go
Jan 9, 2021 4:40 PM

Nov 2019
male protagonists who only think with their dicks and not their brains.

tsunderes girls who hit the mc for no reason.

Jan 9, 2021 4:49 PM

Apr 2019
PoeticJustice said:
pint said:

What is an incel protagonist? etc. etc.
omg female said hi to me!! blush!!!!!

Jan 9, 2021 4:52 PM

Sep 2018
Now that I think about it I have a lot of common tropes I hate... But here's the holy trinity of annoyingly common things that make me roll my eyes so hard they revert inside my skull:

- Over-the-top (romance) drama, especially love triangles and lack of proper communication! I can't stand drama which revolves around something, that could be solved with a 5-minute conversation.
- A character getting blamed for acts of perversion that they did not commit on purpose or at all.
- Unnecessarily violent tsundere girls.
Jan 9, 2021 4:52 PM

May 2020
-Character who says "let me in" and in the ends up becoming a burden.
-Character who interupt when some mysteries are getting revealed
-Stupid character who don't understand what the situation they're in. Most of them are MC.
-Character who says " no!you can't do bad thing because it was a bad thing to do!!"
-incest

And the most Annoying one for me:
When Funny Slice of Anime which ony had 1 cour suddenly become drama out of nowhere near the end of the first season.
If you do it near the end of the story like K-ON!!, i don't mind. Even i might be loving it. Because there's already a connection between me and the anime.
But only first season? And only 1 cour?you expect me to feel sad?

Sorry it's more than one. I just wanna let it all out
┏────────┓
WHY
Is HoneyComeBear so Underrated?

─────────
┗─────────┛
Jan 9, 2021 4:54 PM

Nov 2020
nyugvo6 said:
I cringe every time.

Omg yeah I agree... I can't stand this bullshit. Like just KILL. HIM. It's not that hard.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

37 by Strayfe »»
17 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 4 hours ago

26 by Lizsaki »»
18 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 8 hours ago

33 by TRC_Randy »»
19 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 10 hours ago

42 by Vendicator »»
27 minutes ago

» Describe your anime watching as one sentence.

LenRea - Apr 11

42 by TRC_Randy »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.