Forum Settings
Forums
The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2021 9:01 AM

Feb 2016
THIS IS A NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------
Since this was supposed to be the introduction volume there wasn't much development regarding the story but it was nice to see the MC adapt to the new world.

I'm relieved that Lugh is actually trying to live his life anew instead of letting his previous old man earth mentality have a large effect on him. He experienced familial warmth and even fell in love.
Maybe it's due to his assassin past but Lugh isn't naïve like the other generic isekai MCs. I like how he didn't hesitate to start going to brothels to stop his puberty wet dreams.

The actual developments will start from the next volume. I'm waiting to see what changes will he bring to the hero after interacting with him as I feel the hero actually has an unstable emotional state.
Jan 31, 2021 7:47 PM

Feb 2018
I've read tons of fantasy-themed light novels, and it's still confusing with the status bar scene. I mean does it really matter until it shows? I don't care about status levels, or anything that is so long because to be honest I find it strange that stats are so long and so complicated to understand. Seeing all that long writing makes me a little dizzy, especially with the status that is up to 1,0000,0000,000,000 and have over a 123,181 skills, idfc and idk how they make all of those skill with Chuunibyou name.

It's not that I hate this it's just that, if they were using a status of over a billion digits and a level that reached a hundred thousand, why would they only rank with five levels? Isn't making levels from five to millions more exciting? I don't understand at all. Only with class D skills can they make goddess judgment? I couldn't imagine S tier magic that would be able to destroy the world, it's just that recovery magic was extremely popular in this fantasy rpg fking game.

Does wearing the six attribute clothes make you the strongest on earth? Why must there be six attributes in this world if this world has more than a hundred thousand skills? This is very strange and MC Op seems forced, as if the MC is a dangerous man in this world, it doesn't mean I give a review, it's just my presentation regarding volume 1.

I doubt if delivering those three paragraphs is like reading volume one in its entirety but I only read the first chapter and I was fed up with this. If I only delivered three paragraphs, it would be because I only read the first chapter. I'll edit this when I've finished reading volume one in its entirety, and I'll make fifteen paragraphs for it.
Feb 21, 2021 3:39 AM

Jun 2012
This is such a weird setting of mixing assassinations and fluff story... Not that I really mind since I can get used to it though.

So far, it's just a long prologue about this new world and how he built up his foundation in order to kill a certain hero, not so bad I think. I could stay to read the next volume.
Feb 21, 2021 8:13 PM

Aug 2020
Was worth the reading ngl. I can see a classic isekai harem in the future, but putting this cliche aside, we can see a MC with a shady work like assassin, but again, he still have a human side for character development.

Waiting for the second volume.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2021 7:36 PM

Feb 2021
It was an ok first volume nothing really that special, its mostly for the set up of the world and characters.
Jan 14, 2022 3:26 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
At first, I was enjoying the LN less than I did the anime because the latter has many original scenes that actually expand everything quite nicely, but eventually, I came to really like as well, all the more when the narrative started to delve more into Lugh thoughts and as such, explaining things in ways the anime never did, as you can really feel like Lugh cames to love Dia, more naturally, in the anime, he just says it one day, it was more apparent here.

This is a very odd LN because of the large number of chapters it has, Arifureta was odd due to the sheer amount of text it had per volume.
In this case, A LOT of plot development happens in just one volume, I have never seen such fast pacing for once, which explains why the anime had to take just one volume to adapt for S1.

Thus reading this volume in a way is never boring, the story keeps progressing faster than you can get bored of current events, the downside is that some events felt too rushed and lacking in detail.

Overall a first very enjoyable volume, despite me having finished the anime less than one week ago, the anime had some neat extras, which are lacking here, outside that, I like the protagonist enough to keep reading for sure, the cast has my attention, but more than all, Dia is the best girl, I really enjoy her demure, and to a certain degree, she makes me recall Nia from Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan A LOT.
Whether I m seeing things, or others also feel the same, I overall enjoyed the chemistry between Dia, Maha, and Lugh, the most (not that I disliked Tarte's either).

Finally being able to see past the anime is what got me really psyched to start it up, especially with Dia now living with Lugh~~
Hopefully, this series will keep being a solid read to go through, and more LN material gets adapted to anime.

One final remark has to go to the writer, he managed to write this, being so different from Kaifuku, and also has written many other works different from both these, it is nice to see a writer that can be this flexible and prolific with his work.
You can read his works and individually you would be hard-pressed to find similarities that would hint to be written by the same person.
Mar 9, 2022 3:05 AM
Nov 2021
What do I buy, manga or light novel?
Mar 10, 2022 8:21 PM

Feb 2021
Penguatix said:
Light Novel is definitely better, the manga just skips way too much, and the art of the LN is far superior to the manga.
Also these type of stories are best experienced in LN format, as the manga usually has to cut a lot of dialogue because of the limited space.

Also it doesn't help that the manga is far behind where the LN currently is.
Mar 10, 2022 10:54 PM
Nov 2021
MadanielFL said:
Penguatix said:
Light Novel is definitely better, the manga just skips way too much, and the art of the LN is far superior to the manga.
Also these type of stories are best experienced in LN format, as the manga usually has to cut a lot of dialogue because of the limited space.

Also it doesn't help that the manga is far behind where the LN currently is.

Oh ok thanks for telling :D

More topics from this board

» Volume 8

Padry - Oct 5, 2023

1 by Alexioos95 »»
Oct 5, 2023 3:53 AM

Poll: » Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru Chapter 6 Discussion

Penguatix - Feb 9, 2023

0 by Penguatix »»
Feb 9, 2023 8:58 AM

Poll: » Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru Volume 5 Discussion

MadanielFL - Jul 3, 2022

1 by Penguatix »»
Jan 9, 2023 9:00 AM

Poll: » Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru Volume 4 Discussion

Syureria - Nov 25, 2021

15 by MadanielFL »»
Mar 10, 2022 8:15 PM

Poll: » Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru Volume 3 Discussion

MadanielFL - Oct 21, 2021

4 by Playcool »»
Jan 16, 2022 5:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.