Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2021 9:53 PM

Jul 2009
I peaked at the first episode preview thing (~7min) for like 2 minutes and wasn't convinced to watch it.

I just started watching the actual episode (pre-opening theme) and can say they did so much right with it that I'm seriously considering it.
Spoiler:
Jan 8, 2021 11:05 PM
Nov 2015
The story is good, the concept is really good

But again the bad CG attack mean instant bad rating.

We talking about studio that make berzerk 2016 CGI abomination milipence.

The story is good so we can ignore the CG.

But still it make us puke really hard can't imagine vs dragon later.
Jan 8, 2021 11:27 PM
Nov 2020
Main spider is annoying af. The jokes are totally dumb and unfunny at all. It really feels like slime clone with some differences, except that this is low quality and I don't think this'll get any better. Slime's first ep is far better and fun than this shit. Better wait for slime s2 rather than wasting time on watching this.
Jan 8, 2021 11:51 PM

May 2020
Well, when I first heard about this being 3DCGI I got scared, but now we must admit is fine, if all the episodes are at least at this level I'm fine.

And now, the thing that I enjoyed the most is listening to my VA goddess Aoi Yuuki, she is fckin great, I could enjoy literally every anime where she's voicing a main character.
Jan 8, 2021 11:54 PM

Jul 2014
As there are more people who got reincarnated, this anime differs from the slime story I guess.

I haven't read the manga but the reviews on that are enough for me to keep watching this.

I think the animation is well done.
Jan 9, 2021 12:04 AM
Dec 2017
"On February 10, 2020, it was announced that Millepensee had formed a partnership with Sanzigen to form 3DCG animation studio IXIXI."
I wonder if this helped them improve their CG over...previous titles.
Jan 9, 2021 12:17 AM

Apr 2013
Im just here to say the ED animation is lit AF.

hahahahahaha. Average first episode otherwise.
Jan 9, 2021 12:44 AM
May 2018
"reborn as a girl" okay that went downhill really fast
Jan 9, 2021 1:05 AM
Jul 2018
I may be in the minority but I'm really not very interested in anything that's going on ATM. Like what do the MC/Classmates plan to do now that they're reincarnated? Also, I'm reeaallyy not thrilled at the fact that we're following a spider the entire series. I'll give the show a few more episodes but I don't find anything particularly special about it rn.
Jan 9, 2021 1:47 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Even though I've been reading the Light Novels of this show, I'm not impressed at all. The moment I saw who the VA for Kumoko was going to be, I instantly knew that this was not going to be so good. I will watch this entire show either way.
But I do recommend the light novels.
The CGI looks like sh*t but whatever.
Can't wait until they show the real deal from scratch for the reincarnated humans.
For those who don't know, this anime will actually follow several MC but the spider is the biggest main one, for obvious reasons.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Jan 9, 2021 2:56 AM

Mar 2017
Zero11s said:

Do you really feel that insecure with masculinity? If not why is it a problem that that happened to a secondary character in the series, especially considering the main character reincarnated as a different species entirely...?
Jan 9, 2021 3:11 AM

Nov 2016
The spider part was kinda meh, I've read that this has a great development, so I'll give it a try.
The human part was super great animated, and the characters have great designs, might just watch this just for them.
Jan 9, 2021 3:30 AM

Jan 2016
Waiting for Pottymas to appear. Elves elves elves elves elves.
ELVES.
The trouble with the future is that it keeps turning into the present.
Jan 9, 2021 3:57 AM
Sep 2018
MC is always screaming...

CGI... and GGI...

Premise looks kinda appealing, let's see how it turned out to be...

6.8/10 for 1st episode
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Jan 9, 2021 4:21 AM

Mar 2019
Of course! animate the best character in a horrifying CGI, while the group of generic childs are in good 2D animation, clearly no predilection here, notice the abysmal deal between a normal isekai like mushoku and this one of a female protagonist
Jan 9, 2021 4:27 AM

Mar 2019

you better stop watching isekai, because lately a lot of light novels do this and they really are better like this.
Jan 9, 2021 4:29 AM

Oct 2007
the background music when she is thinking at the start feels like an rpg game. Good job bgm people.

that's a monstrous looking deer!

brutal death for frog monster.

the human parts are terrible, annoying guy needs to die.

and lastly, the ending where she sings as a spider idol being cheered on by other spiders is hilarious. lol

looking forward to next week! :)
Jan 9, 2021 4:30 AM
Nov 2016
i seriously recommend checking out the novel version of this series in particular; beyond that, it's upto the readers which one they choose to roll with, whether the web novel version or the light novel version
Jan 9, 2021 4:37 AM
Sep 2016
Rarkis said:
MegamiRem said:

No, it
does not show in the OP.
uncleqrowJan 9, 2021 4:43 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Jan 9, 2021 5:05 AM

Jan 2020
If anyone is complaining about the MC being annoying then it's better off if you drop this now. It's her personality trait.

For the CGI its bearable to look at artistically, but the animation is definitely clunky at times and the only robotic cgi scene I've really notice so far is in the opening. (some may even say the frog as well)

For pacing, I don't mind the dungeon being a little fast paced but if it goes beyond that for the plot I'm sure nobody would be appreciative at that point.

7/10, For the director of 2016 berserk and widely known for his tekyuu I think this is probably the perfect series for him since he got what it takes to capture kumoko's wacky personality which the tekyuu practice paid off for

Biggest complaint has to be the camera angles, I believe kumoko had a lot of zoom ins and the op visuals had them as well for the layers of the dungeon.
berserk also had some shitty angle shots from this source:
https://youtu.be/0jiGOOBVxUk 0:18

While it's not bouncy as berserk you can definitely tell they like to zoom in a lot, probably to save some budget maybe.
KatoWorksJan 9, 2021 5:08 AM
Jan 9, 2021 5:07 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, that was actually really good. Yuuki Aoi did a fantastic job, I enjoyed her voice for Kumoko.

As for the visuals, I actually don't have a problem with it. I thought that CG was good, at least definitely better than a lot of shows that use CG out there.

That ED though holy shit.
Jan 9, 2021 5:16 AM
May 2020
Honestly I loved it.

I don't mind CG as much these days and in hindsight it's pretty good in a goofy way, and she doesn't move too smoothly. Loved the genki main character and the reveal that the whole class got a wide spread of excellent and terrible spawns, though the humans didn't seem that interesting.
Jan 9, 2021 5:21 AM

Jan 2016
uncleqrow said:
Rarkis said:

No, it
does not show in the OP.

It does show in the OP. See that almost naked lady in the eye of another lady? See the lady with the red iris after the lady with the fangs?
The trouble with the future is that it keeps turning into the present.
Jan 9, 2021 5:38 AM

Apr 2016
The animation wasn't that great but way better than trailers made it seem.
Think this will be decent and with some luck, the animation does pick up some steam after this because it's not bad, but the CGI isn't as consistently decent
Jan 9, 2021 5:41 AM
Sep 2016
HeadfirstRocket said:
uncleqrow said:

No, it
does not show in the OP.

It does show in the OP. See that almost naked lady in the eye of another lady? See the lady with the red iris after the lady with the fangs?

Oh yeah, after
. I miss that. Sorry

But the "naked lady" should be
, no?
uncleqrowJan 9, 2021 5:48 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Jan 9, 2021 6:51 AM

Mar 2012
From the first episode looks like your typical isekai meh
Jan 9, 2021 6:55 AM
May 2019
Loved it!
The CG is good and they managed to make me want for the next episode! (and I'm not a isekai's fan)
Jan 9, 2021 6:59 AM
Jul 2020
This is so much like a show id think about .... what i mean by that is it’s something id definitely hypothetically assume in my day dreaming and weird dreams jusf cus i am this weird ... i was getting bored of the spider talking to herself in the start but it got better and might be a guilty pleasure of mine if it keeps going in the same direction....I just feel happy that someone else is out there who has a a very weird imagination as me and is carrying out a show a like i would... The animation could use some work some of the time( 3d is always shit ) but its pretty fun and might have got me hooked for the rest of the season no matter how shitty it gets!!
Jan 9, 2021 7:36 AM

Dec 2017
Every time the spider spoke all I could hear was Tanya from Youjo Senki. Turns out they are voiced by the same VA.
Jan 9, 2021 7:44 AM

Jun 2016
The ending song is absolute madness, perfectly fitted for Yuuki Aoi... XD
Jan 9, 2021 7:46 AM
Apr 2019
I know it say novel (and I dont know how much the manga change from the novel), but-
I read the manga before and pretty sure there isn't any important human roles coming up that soon until the other half of the manga and now only ep 1, make me wonder is they gonna skip the epic fighting and levelling stage and the surviving of the MC(spider) and make more beautiful girls coming out sooner for fan services only?
Jan 9, 2021 8:04 AM

Feb 2020
uncleqrow said:

But the "naked lady" should be
, no?

RarkisJan 9, 2021 8:26 AM
Jan 9, 2021 8:06 AM

Aug 2019
I'm a fan of monologue-heavy anime but Kumo desu ga, nani ka? i can't say like it, maybe because of the slow-paced start with the spiders that i find myself nodding off a couple of times. Tho Yuki Aoi did a great a job voicing the MC, as for the CG it is fine. It has an interesting concept that kinda similar to slime isekai, but i for now this bores me. I hope we get a big development later in the series since it is a 24eps anime, but if it won't this could just be another boring isekai.
Jan 9, 2021 8:07 AM

Feb 2020
thundernekomew said:
I know it say novel (and I dont know how much the manga change from the novel), but-
I read the manga before and pretty sure there isn't any important human roles coming up that soon until the other half of the manga and now only ep 1, make me wonder is they gonna skip the epic fighting and levelling stage and the surviving of the MC(spider) and make more beautiful girls coming out sooner for fan services only?

On the Light novel, the second chapter is from the perspective of another student. It's the manga that skips almost half of the story.
Jan 9, 2021 8:11 AM
Nov 2020
Um... let me just leave this here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIYBXxXwCzw
I'm so sorry
Jan 9, 2021 8:14 AM

Feb 2016
thundernekomew said:

In the LN there are human chapters early on, which the manga skips.
The human chapters add a lot to the mystery and world building and make for a great twist by the end of the dungeon arc.
If you enjoyed the manga I highly recommend reading the LN from the beginning, they are much greater and have more content.
Jan 9, 2021 8:34 AM
Mar 2015
the spider parts are more entertaining than the humans
Jan 9, 2021 9:47 AM

Jun 2013
It was mostly fine
Jan 9, 2021 2:28 PM

Dec 2012
Is this going to be one of those CG-discussions? Yes. Sadly I can't get over it and distracted me from the rest of the episode. Also I found it weird how the overhyped spider personality didn't match with what we saw of MC human form. Anyway, I hope the rest of you can enjoy this series.
Jan 9, 2021 2:33 PM

Aug 2015
The opening and ending songs are so crazy and uptempo and so are the visuals.

It's okay so far, 24 episodes huh? I only started watching this after it aired but I expected about 12 episodes for this type of show. But 24 is good!

Let's see what happens next!
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Jan 9, 2021 5:20 PM
Jan 2021
I absolutely loved both the opening and ending songs, this series does remind me of That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime.
Jan 9, 2021 6:26 PM

Nov 2012
Given how much I'm enjoying the LN this is pretty decent to me.
Everyone seems to be moaning about the cgi but I think its not bad at all.

Cute spider is gonna be the highlight of the season for me, can't wait to see the ed translated.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Jan 9, 2021 6:50 PM
Feb 2012
Eminem real quiet since this ending dropped.
Jan 9, 2021 7:05 PM

Mar 2019
The best part in the whole episode, was the ED....

3/5 is fair enough..

Maybe this will get better later... but right now this pilot episode, was kind of boring.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jan 9, 2021 8:38 PM
Apr 2019
The cgi was decent ngl but the human characters's animation was pretty good I have to admit.
I am looking forward to see how thí gonna turn out
Jan 9, 2021 10:57 PM

Jan 2015
I actually really liked this. I went in with low expectations after the trailer but i had a damn fun time with it. Looking forward to more. I liked how hyper the mc is so far, makes for a different type of protag.
Jan 9, 2021 10:59 PM
Oct 2020
It's good the cgi is ok why did you gave it a low rating ( >¶^¶)^?
Jan 9, 2021 11:13 PM
Dec 2017
Kaichinozouro said:

The problem is that a lot of people (to not call them idiots) have this mentality "CG = Shit Anime, throw it in the garbage bin".
They seems to think that all Berserk or Arifureta is all the CG that exists.
Jan 9, 2021 11:23 PM
Oct 2020
linkhuesitos said:
Kaichinozouro said:

The problem is that a lot of people (to not call them idiots) have this mentality "CG = Shit Anime, throw it in the garbage bin".
They seems to think that all Berserk or Arifureta is all the CG that exists.
it's sad they gave it a low rating because of cgi
KaichinozouroJan 10, 2021 12:21 AM
Jan 10, 2021 12:53 AM
Jan 2021
Akuma_Asta said:
Okay can someone spoil me?
Will the MC get a human appearance like Rimuru did later on??
yes,but like the last episode
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

366 by Rimuru_11407 »»
Apr 21, 6:07 AM

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

12 by SwordBreaker36 »»
Apr 19, 5:07 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

162 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 7, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

232 by HHD1996 »»
Feb 23, 6:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.