Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jan 17, 2021 7:46 AM
Nov 2020
I'm liking the premise of this show so far. This is what "Gamers!" should have been, oh well. I feel like MC and Hachiman can be good friends.
Jan 18, 2021 3:39 PM

Mar 2010
A how to step by step guide in how to become a chad among chads, a pro gamer and pro offline status is the most top tier you can get, knowing your hobby and also having a social life is peak of what life can offer. But alas not everyone can see dat. But I feel like if you took the advice this anime is giving out... it would actually kinda help lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 19, 2021 12:02 AM

Mar 2009
Just watch Welcome to the NHK instead of this.
Jan 19, 2021 12:21 AM
Jun 2020
Mormegil said:
Just watch Welcome to the NHK instead of this.

isn't NHK's author still a hikikomori neet? kek
Jan 22, 2021 4:27 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Man, the bottom-tier boy met up with the high-tier gurl already? Ofc its the opposite one. But, when each others already paid respect at each others too, the ending already decided. The route has been cleared out. And your mc already has been designed to be into 'that' positions.

I honestly don't like this copypaste thing, that look very alike like the others that already exist. Combination, a mixed bag, exactly? Maybe. However, a little note from me that its fun-ride process similarity may bring the hope for this show to get a little touch to me. The gurls themself are nice so far. Even though their characteristic felt generic af, its fine as long as y'all cute af. Moeness for my best judgement.

In general, whatever shit happened in the end, the process seems very promising and led into a personal enjoyment. So, as a good watcher i may welcome this 'copycat' to my list. Its not even because its a low-tier. Nah. Its just nice, as its own way.

That's it for now....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 28, 2021 9:03 AM

Aug 2017
Well, another anime with totally relatable MC.

But can it reach the level of our OG's - Oregairu, Bunny-girl Senpai, Classroom of the Elite and Hyouka???

I guess we'll find out.

Feb 2, 2021 6:46 AM

Jun 2020
That was definitely an interesting start! But reaaaaaaally dialogue-heavy. Nevertheless! It caught my attention

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Feb 2, 2021 8:58 AM
Jun 2017
As a bottom-tier character too this first episode was a little hard to watch, I'd need to pause a few times but seems a good anime if I don't die of cringe
Feb 11, 2021 10:47 AM
Jan 2020
Did not expect this anime to be this hot. The story and the pickup was awesome. The two MC’s are cool as well. The tasks, Tomozaki is assigned with are real good. They might just make this show a little bit more spicy. I am liking this vibe.
Feb 13, 2021 12:50 AM
Nov 2012
Does aoi come off as unlikable to anyone else? She seems to come off as bias and hypocritical to me. She’s got the best grades great at sports and popular with the boys!? Then we find out she’s god tier at games to someone that no lived it??? She’s obviously got more going on for her then hard work. Then we’re shown that she’s friendly to him at school then when they meet in private she calls him a no life loser the hell?! Way to assume you only know him from school you don’t know his circumstances he didn’t know he going to be meet a girl there he thought he was meeting someone like him which is a fair assumption since he was number one in the leaderboards did she not figure that the number one in the leaderboards would be a no lifer? He had 2000 wins in a fighting game! Way to go for the Mc for sticking up for himself when she denied his way of life but now he’s the bad guy for calling her out on her bs!?
Feb 13, 2021 6:13 AM

Apr 2020
Earth_General said:
Does aoi come off as unlikable to anyone else? She seems to come off as bias and hypocritical to me. She’s got the best grades great at sports and popular with the boys!? Then we find out she’s god tier at games to someone that no lived it??? She’s obviously got more going on for her then hard work. Then we’re shown that she’s friendly to him at school then when they meet in private she calls him a no life loser the hell?! Way to assume you only know him from school you don’t know his circumstances he didn’t know he going to be meet a girl there he thought he was meeting someone like him which is a fair assumption since he was number one in the leaderboards did she not figure that the number one in the leaderboards would be a no lifer? He had 2000 wins in a fighting game! Way to go for the Mc for sticking up for himself when she denied his way of life but now he’s the bad guy for calling her out on her bs!?
Don't think the female character is to my liking. Honestly, in today's society, instead of catering to others, it is better to make yourself comfortable without influencing others, imo.

Feb 13, 2021 6:34 AM

Aug 2011
I like the reality of the heavy subject matter and very interested in seeing Tomozaki's journey.
Mar 6, 2021 9:22 AM
Oct 2019
Not gonna lie the MC's gamer talk was cringe but the series has a lot of potential
I really hope Aoi isn't gonna be the girlfriend...
Mar 6, 2021 9:30 AM
Oct 2019
Earth_General said:

I don't find her unlikable just unrealistic.. She seems more like a Mary sue who is good at everything..
I do find it weird that she expected the mc to be a well adjusted normal person.. No offense tho but gamers aren't exactly know to be just that. He's number one in the game of course he has no life outside of it.

But this is still the first episode so maybe things get better afterwards..
Mar 17, 2021 2:26 PM

Nov 2008
I like it...it seems like it might be about self-improvement and those are always good stories, imho.

He's so hard on himself; with the right clothes, he could easily turn hottie. xD he really isn't ugly at all.

...and I'm SO waiting for an anime to call a Switch a "Swatch" to avoid copyrights. xD

Mar 20, 2021 8:47 AM
Mar 2019
Hey guys so i have a question so if i want to read the LN what LN volume is in anime adaption ?

So sorry for my bad EN
Mar 24, 2021 10:29 PM

Aug 2017
Gamer Hachiman? I didn't expect that. Well, I like him. Why having a girlfriend is a requirement? It ruined my enjoyment.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 29, 2021 2:23 PM

May 2015
okay ngl this ep wasnt the most entertaining thing i've seen B U T i've read many comments on how to give it an opportunity after the first episode so lets do this
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Jun 11, 2021 2:11 PM

Nov 2013
Idk, too many questions, it's the weird show
Why did he went to meet some online-dude? Like, for what reason you go to meet random person from the game, who can be anyone? And wy did she went to such meeting? It's even more dangerous for a girl... That's has no sense.
Then she persuaded him that he is a piece of shit because he doesn't live his life like she does. I don't know what to say about it, this is just stupid.
And why exactly she was so dissapointed? Girl, you went to meet with number 1 japanese gamer, what did you expected to see, a superhero, you dumb shit?
Then he didn't recognize her although she looked EXACTLY the same. Maybe that has more sense in the novel or whatever but in this anime episode that was pretty darn weird.
Then she teaches him to make some stupid bitch face... I swear, this character exists only to annoy people!
GvendolineJun 11, 2021 3:21 PM
Jun 12, 2021 7:37 AM
Dec 2017
==========================================
== CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME IF THIS ANIME IS TOO SHALLOW? ==
==========================================

-This reminds me of the ugly girl that magically takes off glasses, puts on make up and becomes the most beautiful girl in the school. Instantly winning the prom queen award. I really hate these types of shows, because it is infinitely shallow. Totally ignoring people with bad genetics (lopsided heads, born with a super high forehead, big ears, big bones, bad proportions, too tall girl, too short guy, etc.)

-From what I see, this dude has absolutely zero genetic flaws. He is practically a 8 out of 10 minimum for beauty standards. He's not a midget. He's not naturally ugly. He doesn't have any genetic defects.

-Is this show just as shallow as I think it is from watching the first episode?
Jun 15, 2021 4:43 PM

Jul 2015
Even though I know his cringy personality is done on purpose, its kinda hard to watch Tomozaki because I recognize some parts of myself in him. Reminds me of Oregairu so far, curious to see how Aoi is going to teach Tomozaki how to improve himself using game tasks

Jun 19, 2021 5:19 AM
Nov 2020
This quite good and it reminds me of my self how I was in high school and higher secondary school, remembering it makes me feel ashamed how I could I act like that an all but I wasn't into game an all I was just shy and after that I started watching anime and it went from shy person to freak
Jun 26, 2021 8:01 AM
Jun 2021
Send seson 2 jaku chara tomozaki kun :)
Sep 22, 2021 12:00 AM

Jan 2017
Aoi expecting the #1 player in an online fighting game to be someone normal by society's standards? haha funi gurl

I must say the stage is greatly set for this duo to go on wacky adventures to "improve Fumiya's stats in the real world" game
Apr 11, 2022 6:05 PM

Apr 2020
The leaderboard number 1 player has no in game friends and the first online friend he makes is his same age, same class, and a top tier girl. As a gamer myself, I cannot approve of this concept whatso ever.
The girl who is verygood in life is number 2 on a popular game national leaderboard. unbelievable!! yet again.
Also , she is willing to spent her time tutoring a nolifer on how to get good at life. unbelievable!! yet again.
But yet, I still find this enjoyable. maybe because I'm like the no lifer he is. No care for my appearence whatsoever and very strong boundaries.
water
Jun 19, 2022 5:57 PM

Jul 2017
Hmmm... so the characters were all pretty unlikeable at first. I really considered not even finishing the episode. By the end though, Aoi giving him pointers and goals actually made me feel inspired, even if I am not much like Tomozaki!
Jul 23, 2022 8:58 AM

Dec 2020
this kinda annoying💀 esp tomozaki god. ohh life is so hard for you bc you're not born conveniently attractive or smart ohh.. boohoo man. everyones life is hard, even those with maxed out stats. i mean yeah i get his struggle but he's saying it as if "his type of people" are the only ones having it hard. kinda sad, but not in a "i feel bad for him" way, more of a "damn thats Sad. You're SAD(pathetic)" way lol. (being a bit harsh here but😊😊 reaally couldnt stand him there. sawry)

was kinda hoping for a cliche princess diary style make over for tomozaki by hanami.. like yoo?!! incel turned hottie?#!!!! id take that shit idc!!!!!!! but no we're saving that for the final ep ofc😓😓😓

looking forward to the character development. i feel kinda bad dropping this just bc i didnt like mc from the start without giving him another chance even though hes prob gonna get better as more episodes pile on lol. the other girls love interest is sort of 😓😓 tho. we don't rly need thattt but whatever
Jul 26, 2022 3:19 AM

Jun 2021
Remember the saying "don't judge a book by its cover" well this girl just said forget that and f*ck you.
Sep 27, 2022 4:07 AM
Nov 2018
show tries to portray a hope that does not exist
Dec 12, 2022 6:30 AM
Oct 2019
Ma man tried to smile
Jan 9, 2023 6:19 AM
Aug 2021
neokarakos said:
Not even gonna lie, I think this will be anime of the year. It's like Oregairu but much better and 'next level'. The main character reminds me of myself unfortunately, :( hopefully one day my own NO NAME will arrive and meet me

Anime of the year, are you high?
Jan 14, 2023 10:23 AM

Aug 2019
Martijnrr said:
Anime of the year, are you high?
not currently. 2021 was no insane good year for anime. best thing to come out of it was the revue starlight movie.

May 6, 2023 11:22 PM
Jun 2022
kinda ok the character kinda annoying but its whatever
May 8, 2023 6:07 PM

Dec 2022
Regardless of what he looks like or acts like, she went way overboard insulting him like that. That's not how you talk to someone you don't even know, lmao. Looks like she has things to learn herself. My dude about to dealing with some major hurdles here. Talking to girls is one thing, but getting a GF by his third year, that's insane.
Jul 18, 2023 2:51 AM

Dec 2020
I wasn't expecting this kinda story. So far very engaging and interesting. But with the goals set out I'm expecting another romance
Nov 6, 2023 3:17 PM

Sep 2023
Interesting premise for this anime! I’m catching up before s2 next season.

The voice acting feels a bit weird though, like each voice was recorded separately and then put together instead of feeling like a natural dialogue between characters.
Nov 19, 2023 5:28 AM
Oct 2023
good beginning and great build up for what's coming , can't wait what this anime is hiding for me
Dec 15, 2023 10:55 PM
Jul 2021
Just want to say. If I was part of a meetup of top players of a video game. And the other player tried to judge my outfit. I would be like “wtf, we are both nerds, we are here for the game not for looks”. Even when I was a super shy teenager I think o could have handled that better. I know it’s the premise of the show. But it just felt bad.
Jan 4, 2:34 AM

Aug 2014
Strange anime, is this supposed to motivate gamers/otaku for self improvement? I don't think it does any good job...

I hope next episodes will be better?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jan 12, 2:40 AM
Mar 2021
Good start to the anime where a lot of people can see where the main character is coming from.
Jan 18, 7:17 PM

Jan 2014
What a terrible first episode. I hate when the author wants to talk about real life and can't barely conceive any scene or speech with a little bit of realism in it. And guess what? The episode isn't over yet goddamnnn
Jan 25, 9:15 PM
Dec 2022
This is an anime that shows how a bottom rung guy in real life able to navigate the real life world and not be content being top in his own gaming world. Not ideal to get advice from such anime but it does have some truth in it.
Feb 22, 6:02 PM
May 2020
bro's objective is to get a gf, basically mission impossible
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Anyone else disappointed on whom does tomozaki date? (LN SPOILERS)

Elma_fer - Mar 20, 2021

23 by Mikhail0703 »»
Mar 28, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 15, 2021

124 by SaulN9903 »»
Mar 9, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Which is your favorite ship?

TheCryBabyHero - Nov 22, 2023

15 by Fail_Man_X »»
Mar 7, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

180 by Komlan_6 »»
Feb 25, 8:33 PM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2021

201 by Komlan_6 »»
Feb 25, 8:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.