Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 8, 2021 6:06 PM

Nov 2013
Ngl I really like the setup for this anime.
The makeover of Tomozaki from zero to hero, so to speak, seems very interesting.

Initial impressions, the anime seems a bit similar to Yahari (with the riajuu and the social hierarchies), with a bit of Welcome to the NHK (with MC's initial bleak outlook on Life) and High Score Girl (with the girl/boy gaming dynamic).

Tomozaki, for being so apprehensive about the 'shitty game' called Life, is surprisingly fast on the uptake in attempting to give Life a try.

As far as the FMC, I'm a bit indifferent at this point. She seems okay, but her personality isn't my favourite, at least her 'public/at school persona', especially when she was looking down on MC during their meetup.
However, she does seem to have two different personas which I do find promising... one which she uses when in school and another when she's a gamer— we see this, when she first meets Tomozaki.
FMC also seems awfully gungho about helping MC despite not getting much in return.
But I'm guessing her reasoning is that she doesn't want Nanashi, whom she respects, to be a zero-effort loser.

Overall, looking forward to how this all plays out. For sure, the blue-haired girl seems like she'll be an important character, as well as the grey-haired girl who sits by the window.

Unsure if this will turn into a harem type situation, but I can definitely see those girls being candidates for Tomozaki's 'girlfriend goal' along with Aoi Hinami.

Looking forward to next episode!
herricklukJan 8, 2021 6:25 PM
Jan 8, 2021 6:16 PM

Dec 2020
Starhammer said:
And yet life itself has a nasty habit of throwing coincidences like these out a lot of the time

It really doesn't. The magnitude is outrageous. We're talking about seeking out a single person in a game as popular as Smash Brothers and they just happen to be the same age, go to the same school and it's someone you already know. It would be a stretch if it were a game where you joined a clan with 100 people in it and out of all of them, you found out 1 went to the same school and it was someone you didn't know but this is just an impossibility.
Jan 8, 2021 6:33 PM

Jan 2011
How to train your incel to be a normie ep 1

with Oregairu ended i guess i'll take whatever can take that mantle now lol,was mainly watching because the char designs are based of FLY but they don't like like their work that much unlike The World in Colors from 2018

writing being super gamer talk was kinda awful and their views on life could be considered laughable but whatevas i'll see where this one goes

kinda says a lot when you see most of the community feel personally attacked by this or it's so relatable lol
OP? was fun though
katsu044Jan 8, 2021 6:40 PM
Jan 8, 2021 7:11 PM
Nov 2020
prok_anime said:
Not even gonna lie, I think this will be anime of the year. It's like Oregairu but much better and 'next level'. The main character reminds me of myself unfortunately, :( hopefully one day my own NO NAME will arrive and meet me
it depends if it follows the light novel or manga, but Oregairu imo is better.
Jan 8, 2021 7:25 PM

Nov 2017
SilentCaay said:
Starhammer said:
And yet life itself has a nasty habit of throwing coincidences like these out a lot of the time

It really doesn't. The magnitude is outrageous. We're talking about seeking out a single person in a game as popular as Smash Brothers and they just happen to be the same age, go to the same school and it's someone you already know. It would be a stretch if it were a game where you joined a clan with 100 people in it and out of all of them, you found out 1 went to the same school and it was someone you didn't know but this is just an impossibility.
Sorry to disagree,but in my experience it's not impossible,just improbable.
For example,quite a few yrs ago,I pulled into a petrol station in my home town to fuel.Just standing there,putting petrol in,when the man across from me said my name,to which I replied "yes,thats me".
Turned out he was an ex squaddie,like me,that had been stationed with me in Germany about 10 yrs before that,last time I'd seen him was when I got posted out.He was just putting petrol in as he passed through on his way to his parents.He lived over 200 miles away,his parents over 100 miles beyond me,so in that 300 miles,he stopped to put petrol in his car,and who's standing opposite him but an old squaddie mate he hadn't seen in nearly a decade.
What are the odds on that? - A hundred to one - A million to one? - A trillion to one?

Theres a Terry Pratchett book,Equal Rites,that has a quote in it that I'm fond of
"Million-to-one chances...crop up nine times out of ten"

I wouldn't say I believe it,but I don't think its wrong either.

Btw,I'm not railing on you or anything,this is just my opinion,honestly I was thinking of checking out your youtube channel :),but I don't know whether you'd want an old,grumpy git like me watching your vids :)

StarhammerJan 8, 2021 7:33 PM
Jan 8, 2021 7:45 PM

Sep 2020
LieutenantLame said:
Halfway through the first episode, and to be honest, I cannot take it seriously when they say "normie" unironically. I wonder what the actual Japanese script is (is there a word for normie in japanese?), hoping its just a translator thing.

Honestly seems a little hard to watch right now bc of incel vibes, hanging on to see if MC has a good redemption arc.

Yes. I haven't seen the first episode yet (although I have read the novel), and if I'm not mistaken, when they use the word "normie" they do it to translate the term "riajuu", which is the Japanese equivalent of normie. Usually used by otakus, to refer to people with successful lives.
Being alone is not synonymous with being lonely.

Jan 8, 2021 8:00 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I liked it a lot, and loved the OP at the end of the episode. Based on this first episode, I’m certain I’ll like this more as it progresses!

Nov 2013
The problem I had is the dialogues. I sorta playing with my phone when these characters were talking and I'm still grab the context in the whole episode.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Dec 2017
They didn't adapt Aoi so well. In ln, Aoi has serious look when she is with Tomozki. In episode 1, that serous look Aoi has no where to be found. And to counter bad score bombing by haters I give it 10
GODlinnJan 8, 2021 8:06 PM
Jan 8, 2021 8:39 PM
May 2020
I have to watch this anime because I felt personally attacked during the first episode and I am now emotionally attached to his journey. I hope I can gain some insight about how to deal with real life through this.
Jan 8, 2021 8:44 PM
May 2016
Hmmm it has potential, just hope it doesn't become a harem or Pygmalion with these two predictably ending up together. Besides the too relatable MC I have to give a big eyeroll to her "posture and smile" can go a long way to making someone look good...would she really say that if he was 300lbs and covered in acne?
Jan 8, 2021 9:08 PM
Apr 2020
This is gonna be interesting, with Oregairu x Gamers! x 3D Kanojo elements in it. Already like the Relationship of Tomozaki and Hinami

8/10 for first ep. Rise from the grave, Tomozaki!
Jan 8, 2021 9:13 PM

Jul 2014
SilentCaay said:
Do these authors not understand how many thousands of people play a game? It's dumb.

Not only is she popular girl, she's 2nd best in Japan on a fighting game. She's a freak of nature that could easily be a top professional gamer where 99% of the professionals are male.

About as realistic as your typical show where the 5 top girls at school have no boy friends and throw themselves at some loser whose nose bleeds and feints at the thought of a kiss.
Jan 8, 2021 10:24 PM

Apr 2020
The male protagonist is just immature, holding a pessimistic attitude towards life, and resolving the things that can't be done by venting.

He was stimulated by the female protagonist's previous words. Still, it should always be basic for people to tidy up their appearance and leave a good impression on those who are not familiar with them.

Later, he was dismissed and pointed out his shortcomings tactfully. Then he became angry and immediately began to speak loudly on the crowded streets: "It is not me that is wrong, but the world! It was born this way and the world is unfair! I hate you all, Riajuu!"

This kind of otaku who has not made a decent effort has no right to complain. If you don’t learn well, you should study hard. If you have poor physical fitness, unless you have heart disease or other congenital physical defects, you can solve it by doing more exercise. If you don't have a girlfriend and want a girlfriend, then take the initiative to expand your social circle, cultivate your own strengths, and let others think that you are a fairly interesting person when they know you.

Doing nothing like this, just blindly looking at others' excellence, complaining about others, is simply like the howling of a shit. Listening to it makes people sick!

Jan 8, 2021 11:02 PM

Aug 2012
Some people said that is similar to oregairu, but thb this is a LOT better that oregairu. But still mediocre
Jan 8, 2021 11:07 PM
Feb 2018
I agree with the male mc, life is a shit game bcs the rule is pay to win :D
Jan 8, 2021 11:08 PM
Feb 2020
Blue_Maroon said:
Yeah this looks about as cringe as I expected.

A high school incel gets a perfect girl to make him respectable without him doing much of the work. If this kind of thing happened in real life then it would be a trash-tier game.

The MC has no personality or wit to speak of, so stop comparing him to Hachiman he was clever at least and had reasons for his jaded outlooks. And I’m supposed to believe this guy gets a harem? Give me a break.

Also, some of the camera angles sexualizing the girls and even the MC’s younger sister are deplorable.

Yikes.

exactly,tbf ill give it a chance,but so far,"similar to hachiman" are u kidding me lol,this series can only go 2 ways.
1.it will probably can be as good as something like oregairu or
2.it will be kirito of sao,or still become the edgelord but he will get harem in the end and still being the "pro gamer".
Jan 8, 2021 11:20 PM
Feb 2020
AgehaYoru said:
Blue_Maroon said:

I hate this viewpoint on shows like these.

Even if a protagonist has some very clear faults, they still need to be likable or relateable since they are the focus of the show. The MC of this anime is supposed to be relatable to otakus that had poor life experiences, offering them the fantasy of a perfect girl making them into the “winners” that they envy. This requires the viewer to like and/or see themselves in the protagonist, which is not the case for many viewers.

By not making a protagonist unlikable (especially to start a series) you hold the risk of losing the interest of a lot of viewers if they cannot relate to the character, which is completely understandable.

If I meet someone in real life who says "Woah Hachiman is just so like me! He's so witty", I'd be cringing. Giving a more grounded characterization like this is a nice breather. I'm tired of seeing teenagers idolizing that kind of witty (cringe) characters. This is not a series for people who like to self-insert themselves into some unrealistic witty protag.

"This is not a series for people who like to self-insert themselves" LMAO,this series is basically what "self insert" is,the protagonist is a "gamer who have no life so he hates life that he called bad game or whatever" <<this is literally the self insert otaku/weeb gamer loner who want to get the most popular girl(who ofc a gamer girl too),yeah sound familiar?? i can see u r fan of this series and also one of those ppl who misunderstand hachiman and oregairu is,but u saying this isnt self insert? thats a funny joke.
Jan 8, 2021 11:55 PM
Mar 2020
I cringed a lot. This is pretty exaggerated imo. Mc feels like it has no substance and a predictable story. It's decent, but not in a good way. Oh well, at least I can somewhat relate to it. Will have low expectations in the next episode this time.
Your existence doesn't matter because no one will notice if you never existed.
Jan 9, 2021 12:02 AM
Jun 2020
zerokarasu said:

"This is not a series for people who like to self-insert themselves" LMAO,this series is basically what "self insert" is,the protagonist is a "gamer who have no life so he hates life that he called bad game or whatever" <<this is literally the self insert otaku/weeb gamer loner who want to get the most popular girl(who ofc a gamer girl too),yeah sound familiar?? i can see u r fan of this series and also one of those ppl who misunderstand hachiman and oregairu is,but u saying this isnt self insert? thats a funny joke.

LOL, but it really isn't? Okay, let me give some concrete example, the series actually inspires the fans to start the Tomozaki-kun challenge on twitter #友崎くんチャレンジ and thanks to that, some of them even got girlfriends, some improved their academic ranking, and some even get buff.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2020-09-11/bottom-tier-character-tomozaki-fan-is-inspired-to-get-buff/.163845

With Oregairu, I can only see what it spawns is cringe teenagers who worship Hachiman and his ideology too much,posting cringe meme in subreddit, etc. I wish Oregairu had more better message and can inspire people to get better. But what I see it just created massive shitposting between Yukino fanbase and Yui fanbase.
Jan 9, 2021 12:04 AM
Jul 2018
That was bad. Predicting this to be the only anime I drop this season.
Jan 9, 2021 12:14 AM
Jun 2020
LieutenantLame said:
Halfway through the first episode, and to be honest, I cannot take it seriously when they say "normie" unironically. I wonder what the actual Japanese script is (is there a word for normie in japanese?), hoping its just a translator thing.

Honestly seems a little hard to watch right now bc of incel vibes, hanging on to see if MC has a good redemption arc.

The original word is riajuu.
I don't know why people saying he's an incel. I mean, if he's an incel, he'd be pretty mysogynistic, but in the LN, when he's going to meet No Name for the first time and read the message "I'm wearing a white and blue shirt and a black skirt" he immediately thought:
"A girl. Well, I guess that's possible. I assumed it was a guy, but there is no reason for it not to be a girl"

ButtSlapper said:
very cringey.
I guess they are living in a world where they can claim themselves pro gamers while something as E sport tournaments are not existed.

It's not explained in the beginning, but Tomozaki isn't a pro-gamer, he's only the best on online rank. E sport tournaments and local tournaments exist. Pro-Atafami players exist.
Jan 9, 2021 12:18 AM

Jan 2020
Only one word, "meh"

The concept is kinda promising. If it's executed properly, I think the show can be very compelling. But from my impressions of the first episode, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Tomozaki's personality is honestly very dislikeable and feels like a really horrible Hachiman rip-off. In Hachiman's case, it was made understandable from the start why he's so pessimistic and antisocial. However, in case of Tomozaki, it seems as if he has been like this from his childhood and hasn't even tried once to make his life better, which makes it extremely hard to find him relatable. This issue can be amended later, though, just by exploring his past and showing why he has turned out this way. Also, Shuuji, who seems like a way worse version of Hayama, is very, very annoying.

Well, it's only the first episode, so I'm probably being a bit too harsh. But the flaws in it were very glaring and inescapable. I hope they will be fixed later on.
IrrelevantGuyJan 9, 2021 12:25 AM
Jan 9, 2021 12:24 AM
Sep 2020
Interestingly enough, with an MC who looks like a gamers and who wants to change his life assisted by the Heroine

This series has more potential, hopefully in the future it doesn't disappoint me
Jan 9, 2021 1:33 AM
Aug 2020
I really like the concept of the anime (Taking life as a game) and as someone who has been playing video games for all my life I can kinda relate to it..But overall I think it's gonna a be a pretty good anime...So I'll go read ahead into the LN..
Jan 9, 2021 1:39 AM
Nov 2018
I kinda understand that guy as I had some years of my life like that, except I would never let anyone talk to me like that, especially a woman (even more especially one that hides herself behind so much makeup that nobody recognize her without it lol).
Boring anyway, maybe I'll try to watch one more but I'm not sure
Jan 9, 2021 2:06 AM
May 2020
So my two thoughts from this episode

1. Is this MC just diet Hachiman
And
2. If No Name turns out to be the good at everything girl then I'm dropping this show.

Well it was a quick ride gamers.
Jan 9, 2021 2:08 AM
May 2019
Lol this story plot in short is

"How to be Normie for Nerds"

We know what she wants to say but to just judge a book by its cover lol
I can't take this Manga serious because of ridiculous plot lol

the messaging of "improving yourself" this manga is trying to tell isn t wrong, it s just that the way the chick judge mc only by his looks and decides he has no convinction simply from that is just wrong .

sure, have a social life, but don t do it just to impress people around you, that s just lame. improve on the things you want to improve on, whether it be video games, or fashion, ect. , not to accomplish some vague etiquette of "not being a looser".
Jan 9, 2021 2:55 AM

Feb 2014
Glordit said:
This felt like GAMERS x 3D Kanojo: Real Girl with Harem elements. Which is a good thing.

Yep totally feels the same. Though there's no comedy in this.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 9, 2021 3:19 AM

Jan 2016
The MC is so dull, it is almost impossible to watch
Jan 9, 2021 3:27 AM

Apr 2020
IrrelevantGuy said:
Only one word, "meh"

The concept is kinda promising. If it's executed properly, I think the show can be very compelling. But from my impressions of the first episode, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Tomozaki's personality is honestly very dislikeable and feels like a really horrible Hachiman rip-off. In Hachiman's case, it was made understandable from the start why he's so pessimistic and antisocial. However, in case of Tomozaki, it seems as if he has been like this from his childhood and hasn't even tried once to make his life better, which makes it extremely hard to find him relatable. This issue can be amended later, though, just by exploring his past and showing why he has turned out this way. Also, Shuuji, who seems like a way worse version of Hayama, is very, very annoying.

Well, it's only the first episode, so I'm probably being a bit too harsh. But the flaws in it were very glaring and inescapable. I hope they will be fixed later on.

I have a low opinion of the male protagonist. He considers himself a weak role as if God has treated him badly. This is also too negative. So how can this have anything to do with "life is a shit game"? Annoying.

From the introduction, We can know it is about the growth of an autistic teenager. I also understand his low starting point, but I still feel very angry and indisputable. I hope he can grow up later. The words of the heroine don't seem to be a big deal. Although it is estimated that people would be beaten if they interfered so much in reality, no one would want to interfere with those who have such thoughts, behaviors, and attitudes.

Jan 9, 2021 3:36 AM

Feb 2016
Why this show looks so bad has absolutely nothing to do with the likelihood of classmates being the top two players of a game, the MCs being completely different people, or the fact that the male MC is a social outcast who has given up on leading a normal life; in fact, details like strange coincidences, clashing personalities and/or down-and-out characters tend to make a story MORE interesting, not less.

No, there are two reasons why this show is probably going to suck ass:
1) The MCs are unlikeable.
2) The writing is atrocious.

Within seconds of the MCs "meeting" one another, I had grown to despise both of them: He is a pathetic incel; and she is an egotistical bitch. Unsavory characters make it difficult enough to invest in a story, but to already no reason to root for either of thee jackasses...

Having shitty people as MCs would not be so much of a problem is the writing was good... but it's not. For example, there is just no way this dollar-store Hachiman knows as little about social interactions as Sheldon Cooper, yet he is somehow shocked by a demonstration that would barely engage a toddler. Also, as Super Bitch is written, she would not have been so naive as to believe the only person in the entire world better than her in a video game would be a "well-adjusted" overachiever as well. Oh, and let us not forget their reactions to one another during their fateful meeting: While he was genuinely intrigued by the shocking development, she already thought his life was so worthless that her respect for him as a gamer was immediately discarded upon learning his identity, giving her no believable motivation to continue interacting with him.

You can save bad characters with a good story, and you can even save a bad story with good characters, but nothing can save a bad story with bad characters... unless they all die in an entertaining fashion. Shit, perhaps they should have made this a slasher flick from the start!
Jan 9, 2021 4:32 AM
Jun 2017
I WILL DEFINITELY WATCH THIS ONE... i mean its like Oregairu (i mean hachiman)... and i find the story interesting so lets see what will happen on this one...

and im rooting for the MC to achieve his goal... yeah
Jan 9, 2021 4:59 AM
Feb 2016
So far, its nothing special. Not very impressive for a start. Dont wanna compare to oregairu since that came out ages ago and not so much competition of it before then. The first episode progress kinda too fast. Lmao dudes felt move from a girl speech quite fast. Lets see how this goes on.
Jan 9, 2021 7:14 AM

Aug 2020
Nice episode. I'm looking forward to the second one. I like slice of life's with gamer/otaku content, and this anime fits very well.

Jan 9, 2021 7:29 AM

Oct 2014
AgehaYoru said:

Revvie-chan said:
As somebody who practically lives and thinks like the protag, I... can't even relate.
What is this bullshit? A girl who looks cute with makeups bs me about me giving up my shitty life of grief and disappointment? Then leave her! why bother talking to her?
She has put a lot of efforts to win at both her favorite game and her "real life" game? Okay respectable. Don't really care about the latter part, tho. Let's talk about this favorite game thingy... or not talk at all!
(Tho in the first place, if Tomozaki is actually somebody who despise this game called "real life", he would have left Hinami then and there. Anyone who has truly abandoned all hopes regarding real life wouldn't even care about getting insulted irl.)

I'm fine if you wanna copy char and copy plot. I'm not fine if you can't explain to me why such char develop that way, why such plot happens that way.
Such a pity, since the straightforward lining of the monologue is actually good.
Time to drop.

That's what you get it wrong. His original character is just he hates to lose as much as Hinami does. Also, I'm not agree at this part
"Anyone who has truly abandoned all hopes regarding real life wouldn't even care about getting insulted irl."

If a teenage guy has truly abandoned all hopes, he wouldn't have come to school and become a Hikikomori. But Tomozaki still attend school despite having zero friends, he's not that desperate yet, meaning that he's not beyond saving. What he needed is just the right push and Hinami's insult is a perfect trigger, because that comes from someone he acknowledges. Not just a random girl. He saw in Hinami's room that she has put a lot of practice to beat him in the game, and her opinion is worth to listen to.

To me, you sound so bitter because Tomozaki changes his mind and think "hey, maybe this game of life is worth to give a shot". I don't know why such a person like you develops and thinks like that. I'm glad Tomozaki actually has a good personality and not just some bitter loser who will just run away from problem. That'd make the story very boring.

Probably I am bitter, yeah. Bcs this thing seems to try to attract viewers by trying to make the MC "relatable" to a specific target viewers (such as myself), but I can't relate myself to the choices he makes.
Maybe it is true that Tomozaki should be seen as the kind of char you mentioned, yeah.

Still gets dropped, anyway.
Jan 9, 2021 7:57 AM

Oct 2016
That was a good episode, it has potential. Also relatable for me at some points. Both characters has points in their views, but I don't think either of them are fully correct in their views. If your really not satisfied with yourself, then work to improve yourself instead of blaming others or society, even though society really do be shitty most of the time.

So far, the main characters hasn't really appealed to me yet but, I think it's going to be a good show.
sKyBlazer08Jan 9, 2021 8:03 AM
Jan 9, 2021 8:19 AM

Aug 2019
This could either be another anime that i would enjoy for guilty pleasure or one that i would loathe big time for its cringiness but for now i think it's the latter one. The MC's speech was so damn cringy and is exaggerated a lot, and for the main girl which i hope would be at least bearable, but turned out to be absolutely shit. The art is great and the concept is fine, but the writing is terrible. I saw more girls on the ED i hope their character make the show bearable to watch. I have many flawed characters that i like, but this show's MCs make worst out of it.
Jan 9, 2021 8:36 AM
Jun 2020
MenchiK1 said:
Hmmm it has potential, just hope it doesn't become a harem or Pygmalion with these two predictably ending up together. Besides the too relatable MC I have to give a big eyeroll to her "posture and smile" can go a long way to making someone look good...would she really say that if he was 300lbs and covered in acne?

Don't worry it won't turn into harem, and although many haters have tried to guess the story just from the first episode (lol), I haven't seen any of them got it right.

Jan 9, 2021 9:04 AM

Nov 2018
I'm sorry but i legit cringed the entirety of the episode. It was a bit too dramatic imo. Hope it tones down a bit.
Jan 9, 2021 9:16 AM

Apr 2020
This definitely has the potential to be a really good anime with pretty good story writing and character development, Alot of potential for this one indeed though maybe found annoying for people i only see this as a great start to an anime much like oregairu
Jan 9, 2021 10:00 AM

Mar 2017
A pretty shaky first half in my opinion; Tomozaki was presented as the cliche jaded teen and Aoi didn't seem very likable. BUT the second half was much more promising! I like the idea of them viewing life as a game and Aoi putting Tomozaki through the 'game tutorial'. Looking forward to seeing how Tomozaki develops each week!

As a side note; don't Tomo & Aoi have the same username, just in different languages? I guess it's to symbolize that they're two sides of the same coin.
Jan 9, 2021 10:38 AM
Nov 2017
The characters look good. Draws and animations good quality. The theme is interesting. Lets hope the character development and story space is also decent. Has the potential to be at least 9/10. Lets see how will role. Will watch it until the end.
Jan 9, 2021 10:49 AM

May 2018
So, Tomozaki's game console was basically a parody of a Nintendo Switch and Tackfam , looks more like a parody of either Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat or Tekken ...

So, NONAME is actually the school's prefect student who has brains, brawn, spunk, character, privilege and a tech know how name Aoi......and the whom she had an eyeball Nanashi is the loser/otaku/game god Tomozaki...looks like another Kanojo except this looks more like a prefect girl teaching a game otaku/loser how to change his manner of thinking, that life is garbage and start to think that life should be enjoyed.....looks intresting...
Jan 9, 2021 12:01 PM
Oct 2020
At first someone said it was like copy of another gaming anime. But now I watched I am starting to have high hopes for this anime. Hope i will enjoy😊
Jan 9, 2021 2:03 PM

Aug 2015
I can relate to Tomozaki so much with the lack of social skills.

Good episode 1, let's see how the story develops!
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Jan 9, 2021 2:47 PM
Dec 2018
Great first episode but I hope it's not turn to SNAFU or a harem on the way.
Jan 9, 2021 4:55 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
There are some good aspects of this series (art, humor) and some annoying, but overall it looks like a worthwhile time sink.
Jan 9, 2021 5:31 PM
Jan 2021
It was quite an interesting first episode.
Jan 9, 2021 7:21 PM
Dec 2018
AgehaYoru said:
tried to guess the story just from the first episode, I haven't seen any of them got it right.

It sounds rather predictable, the MC learns to have more self-esteem and the girl learns how to be less superficial, helping each other to reach a more healthy mid-point of their opposing viewpoints, developing feelings for each other in the process and finally end up together.

Regardless of how the story ends, the exaggeration of their initial faults and unrealistic setting simply ruined the show for me. Portraying an introvert as an idiot that is shocked to find out that you are more likeable if you smile and look decent... and portraying the superficial girl as being top at everything (your chances of being a top athlete, top student, top gamer, sociable, etc are almost zero as those skills require constant training time and a day only has so much hours).

Their initial interactions that led to the main plot of the girl teaching the MC are also as unrealistic as it gets, which some people already mentioned around the comments.
Latest reviews: Mushoku Tensei P2 🤮 • Meikyuu Black Company 💰 • Tsukimichi 🌙
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Anyone else disappointed on whom does tomozaki date? (LN SPOILERS)

Elma_fer - Mar 20, 2021

23 by Mikhail0703 »»
Mar 28, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 15, 2021

124 by SaulN9903 »»
Mar 9, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Which is your favorite ship?

TheCryBabyHero - Nov 22, 2023

15 by Fail_Man_X »»
Mar 7, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

180 by Komlan_6 »»
Feb 25, 8:33 PM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2021

201 by Komlan_6 »»
Feb 25, 8:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.