Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 7, 2021 10:22 PM

Nov 2019
To all LN/WN readers here, is the anime a good adaptation so far?
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jan 7, 2021 10:28 PM

Apr 2013
Laplace_kun said:

Yes, though my opinion might be a little bit bias since it's my favorite novel and it's been a long time since I watch anime. I don't know about the quality of general anime in the recent years but I like how the animation quality on Mushoku Tensei

I really like how the director kept the original tone of the anime the same as the novel. Manga adaptation have completely different tone so comparing it to the anime I would say the anime have done a good job for an adaptation compared to the manga. I'm looking forward to the 3rd episode to see how much it would improve.
Angry_onionJan 7, 2021 10:38 PM
Jan 7, 2021 11:44 PM

Jul 2019
Laplace_kun said:
As an adaptation it is excelent, amazing animation and direction and some very well done pacing. No complains here
Jan 8, 2021 1:41 AM

Oct 2017
Seriously if you can even complain about this adaptation, other series might as well dig a hole and hide already.

You don't see this type of special treatment very often for light novel adaptation.

Great visual, attrition to detail, slower pace storying telling, everything you can ask for for a light novel adaptation.
Ventus_SJan 8, 2021 2:11 AM
Jan 8, 2021 2:04 AM

Nov 2019
Ventus_S said:
Seriously if you can even complain about this adaptation, other series might as well dig a hole and hide already.

You don't see this type of special treatment very often for light novel adaptation.

Great visual, attrition to detail, slower pace storying telling, everything you can ask for for an light novel adaptation.

Wow, that sounds dope. Gonna start this already!
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jan 8, 2021 4:09 AM
Jul 2018
There is nothing to complain.
Absolutely awesome.
Jan 8, 2021 11:04 AM
Apr 2016
I might be the only one here, but although everything else seems to be top-tier so far, I'm slightly bothered by the fact Sugita Tomokazu is voicing Rudy.

I mean, the fact Rudy has a different inner voice than his reincarnated-self one is exactly like what I've imagined when I read the LN (there's also a good reason for it). But Sugita has just so well-known and distinctive voice that I have already associated with so many different characters (Kyon, Joseph, Gintoki, etc.), that it just doesn't fit at all.
Jan 8, 2021 11:39 AM

Apr 2013
JanPri said:
I might be the only one here, but although everything else seems to be top-tier so far, I'm slightly bothered by the fact Sugita Tomokazu is voicing Rudy.

At first I also thought that way, he's already famous so it's hard to differentiate pre reincarnation Rudy to another famous character that Sugita has gave voice in the past.
The 2nd episode changed my mind because he's able to portray the character so well without making the viewer uncomfortable while watching it, I understand why the director choose Sugita.
Jan 8, 2021 11:44 AM
Apr 2016
Angry_onion said:
JanPri said:

At first I also thought that way, he's already famous so it's hard to differentiate pre reincarnation Rudy to another famous character that Sugita has gave voice in the past.
The 2nd episode changed my mind because he's able to portray the character so well without making the viewer uncomfortable while watching it, I understand why the director choose Sugita.

I've actually always imagined Rudy's former-self voice sounding like Tomokazu... but Tomokazu Seki (Daru from Steins;Gate).

Well, there's nothing I can do about it, so I guess I'll just have to get used to it too
Jan 8, 2021 11:51 AM

Apr 2013
JanPri said:

I've actually always imagined Rudy's former-self voice sounding like Tomokazu... but Tomokazu Seki (Daru from Steins;Gate).

Well, there's nothing I can do about it, so I guess I'll just have to get used to it too

Mushoku have too much interesting Rudeus monologue that would be lame if it got handled poorly. Luckily Sugita have an experience in voicing Kyon in Suzumiya Haruhi who also happened to be a monologue heavy anime. I can't see it would work the same if Seki were to voice Rudeus in this anime.
Jan 8, 2021 2:11 PM
Jul 2017
So far yeah. I was worried about animation and visuals quality since it's a new studio, I didn't bother to check which staff are working on it. But one of my biggest worries have gone, Hoping to see a full LN adaptation.
Jan 8, 2021 8:41 PM
Jul 2018
The anime is very good. It is rare for light novels to actually get a good anime adaptation. But from what I have seen of first two episodes this is really good. It deserves 10/10
removed-userJan 8, 2021 8:45 PM
Jan 10, 2021 4:06 AM

Sep 2019
It's very good. I can tell that people who worked on this really love the source material. Animation quality and the script is head above most LN adaptations and it has that secret sauce or something if you catch my meaning. Lack of censorship, the way they introduce magic, character designs... so many things here are on point and give me genuine MT vibes like those pages came to life.
heitooJan 10, 2021 5:46 AM
Jan 10, 2021 10:02 AM
Aug 2020
Laplace_kun said:
absolutely I am elated after watching the first ep it was a pretty decent adaptation they captured the character's personalities really good and also the pacing is also good

And let me say one thing
ERIS IS THE BEST!!!!!
Jan 10, 2021 10:18 AM

Apr 2016
Yeah, it's surprisingly a good adaptation (so far). I didn't watch any of the PVs when they came out because I was kinda afraid of getting disappointed at the animation, but man, the new studio is doing a great job from what I can see. Looking forward to a complete adaptation!

DualWieldKiritoX said:
And let me say one thing
ERIS IS THE BEST!!!!!
So true man, can't wait for her!
Jan 10, 2021 10:41 AM
Sep 2019
I loved it.it just that Roxy voice isn't what I imagined it to be but I deal with it.as for eris i think they picked the wrong seiyuu
KemnoJan 10, 2021 10:49 AM
Jan 10, 2021 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
LN/WN readers it has drama tag so will it have good drama?
Jan 10, 2021 12:41 PM

May 2019
Enrav1x said:

Yes, the type made you cry.

Like, a lot.
Jan 10, 2021 12:43 PM
Feb 2018
One thing I don't like about isekai's is that whenever a guy loses his life and gets reborn into another world(keeping his memory), imagine yourself acting like a kid just because you are 4-5 years old, it doesn't sit right with me, your mentality is as grown as you were from your previous life which means you have a-z of whatever you had learned or earned from your previous life, it is understandable that your brain and body is young but that doesn't change the fact that it is you from your previous life, you are the one who is controlling it is okay you can think about like titties but you don't get horny because the body is too young to create hormones or some cr@p, no no no, I don't understand why it is necessary to make the guy act like a kid, it is a grown @$$ man afterall, and heck kids actually get hoarny(not using the actual word) since around 4-5 years old, please don't go to Quora, heck I regret reading it...goodness gracious...daem...and well he is a fockin grown ass man...well this is my only complain like stop making the mc act like a kid...because if it was me I can't imagine me acting like a kid, it'll be like hah that's how I used to act when I was that smol huh by looking at those two kids playing...must be nice being young, living a carefree life without any care in the world, my main goals will be to do everything I couldn't in my previous life and everything else that may be possible, you get it right ?
Jan 10, 2021 12:43 PM
Jul 2018
Rob7 said:
Enrav1x said:

Yes, the type made you cry.

Like, a lot.
ohhhhh yes yes yes baby i am down
Jan 11, 2021 1:15 AM

Jul 2012
Neaow said:
One thing I don't like about isekai's is that whenever a guy loses his life and gets reborn into another world(keeping his memory), imagine yourself acting like a kid just because you are 4-5 years old, it doesn't sit right with me, your mentality is as grown as you were from your previous life which means you have a-z of whatever you had learned or earned from your previous life, it is understandable that your brain and body is young but that doesn't change the fact that it is you from your previous life, you are the one who is controlling it is okay you can think about like titties but you don't get horny because the body is too young to create hormones or some cr@p, no no no, I don't understand why it is necessary to make the guy act like a kid, it is a grown @$$ man afterall, and heck kids actually get hoarny(not using the actual word) since around 4-5 years old, please don't go to Quora, heck I regret reading it...goodness gracious...daem...and well he is a fockin grown ass man...well this is my only complain like stop making the mc act like a kid...because if it was me I can't imagine me acting like a kid, it'll be like hah that's how I used to act when I was that smol huh by looking at those two kids playing...must be nice being young, living a carefree life without any care in the world, my main goals will be to do everything I couldn't in my previous life and everything else that may be possible, you get it right ?

I think it was written somewhere in the novel, that he doesn't really inherit his mentality from his previous life. By reincarnating, his mental state is subjected to the mental age of his biological body because of his developing brain. He does inherit his memory and experience from the past, which has helped me mature faster and make wiser decisions, but that's all. He's more of a little kid who has knowledge of his past life rather than a grown man inside a kid's body.
よろしく!
Jan 11, 2021 8:54 AM
Feb 2018
Queen_Vania said:
Neaow said:

I think it was written somewhere in the novel, that he doesn't really inherit his mentality from his previous life. By reincarnating, his mental state is subjected to the mental age of his biological body because of his developing brain. He does inherit his memory and experience from the past, which has helped me mature faster and make wiser decisions, but that's all. He's more of a little kid who has knowledge of his past life rather than a grown man inside a kid's body.

Bruh wait a minute...when the guy woke up in his new body didn't we started with his previous mental perspective...and well it went like hey who is this lady she is fine looking women damn nice melons and such...Hey what the heck are you trying to do you (whatever he said), don't don't, what the heck a guy who is same age as me is trying to give me a kiss, then he raises his hands to try to grab the melons
which was in front of him and then it came to him what he had became...so yeah nothing is justified here...this man has his grown @$$ conscience...well this is why I always say their writing is never perfect that's why whenever you are writing make sure it connects to everything else in the end when it revolves around the series...for example great pretender it's one of the good shows but still is not legend tier...well for this show it is either plot hole or just not thoroughly thought writing.
Jan 11, 2021 9:32 AM
Oct 2018
he may be 34 but consider that he was a shut in for 20years he may develop immature mentality. even a person would lose his sanity just by locking himself and no one to talk but himself.
Jan 11, 2021 3:33 PM

Jul 2012
Neaow said:

Bruh wait a minute...when the guy woke up in his new body didn't we started with his previous mental perspective...and well it went like hey who is this lady she is fine looking women damn nice melons and such...Hey what the heck are you trying to do you (whatever he said), don't don't, what the heck a guy who is same age as me is trying to give me a kiss, then he raises his hands to try to grab the melons
which was in front of him and then it came to him what he had became...so yeah nothing is justified here...this man has his grown @$$ conscience...well this is why I always say their writing is never perfect that's why whenever you are writing make sure it connects to everything else in the end when it revolves around the series...for example great pretender it's one of the good shows but still is not legend tier...well for this show it is either plot hole or just not thoroughly thought writing.

Could just be his baby instincts reaching out for his meal/milk for nourishments clashing with his past memory..
Some stuff are just better when you don't think about it too hard.
よろしく!
Jan 11, 2021 4:04 PM
Sep 2018
is it bad that after the first episode i went and read the first 5LNs in about a day
Jan 11, 2021 5:43 PM

May 2019
Just something i noticed about it in MAL right now.

The score was raising but has reach the top at 8.37 and now come back 8.36, with almost 10k users voting.

I think it is fair since rating is something that people legitimately do based on their subjective tastes, not objective criteria, and sadly in 2021 MT is anything but original. Also some people freak out with the least horny MC stereotype.

If this same Mushoku was aired in 2017 at least, before most of Isekai trash that defamed the genre i'm pretty sure it would be in the top 9.0 rated series.

Jan 11, 2021 7:54 PM

May 2020
Rob7 said:
Just something i noticed about it in MAL right now.

The score was raising but has reach the top at 8.37 and now come back 8.36, with almost 10k users voting.

I think it is fair since rating is something that people legitimately do based on their subjective tastes, not objective criteria, and sadly in 2021 MT is anything but original. Also some people freak out with the least horny MC stereotype.

If this same Mushoku was aired in 2017 at least, before most of Isekai trash that defamed the genre i'm pretty sure it would be in the top 9.0 rated series.

I think you're heavily overrating MT while heavily underrating the above 9 rated shows, although I have not read the LN, just from looking at the score of the LN which is 8.53, and considering this is the 1st season, I don't think it would reach 9 even before the oversaturation of isekai.
Jan 11, 2021 8:25 PM

May 2019
Gilgameshuu said:

I think you're heavily overrating MT while heavily underrating the above 9 rated shows, although I have not read the LN, just from looking at the score of the LN which is 8.53, and considering this is the 1st season, I don't think it would reach 9 even before the oversaturation of isekai.

hey "9.0" is not that big deal.

Don't need to be 3gatsu to be there, lol. At least near 9, where some series are today after once had surpassed the average (usually time neutralize the hype)

MT out of timming lose the chance to be, in MAL and for western anime audience, the icon of Isekai (what it kinda is in Japan), while the subgenre was sadly taken by trash works that now occupy the 1st impression of this.

Rob7Jan 11, 2021 8:29 PM
Jan 11, 2021 8:38 PM
Feb 2018
Is the studio new?
Jan 13, 2021 5:12 PM
Aug 2018
The anime adaptation is way better than the manga adaptation so far. I haven't seen an anime that I liked more than a manga until I saw the first two episodes of this. The manga skipped over so much information that is important to the story that I probably won't read much more, but the anime is killing it right now.
Jan 16, 2021 11:42 AM

May 2009
MKTun said:
Is the studio new?

It's literally White Fox
Jan 16, 2021 5:32 PM
Feb 2018
bastek66 said:
MKTun said:
Is the studio new?

It's literally White Fox
So Studio Bind is a branch of White Fox or something?
Jan 16, 2021 7:40 PM

Nov 2019
MKTun said:
bastek66 said:

It's literally White Fox
So Studio Bind is a branch of White Fox or something?
It's a mix of white fox and egg firm staff.
Jan 17, 2021 9:13 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
I think it's brilliant after just 2 episodes. Considering that I love the light novels, I'm honestly impressed in the quality of this. Saw it also first in the trailer that this is going to be amazing. Hope they keep it up. Can't wait for more.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro

More topics from this board

» Is Mushoku Tensei one of best isekai anime so far ?

ISeeLifePeople - Jul 20, 2023

44 by Devalroi »»
Apr 10, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

465 by Remurst »»
Apr 10, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

335 by Remurst »»
Apr 10, 1:56 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2021

295 by wbergie »»
Apr 8, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

228 by ionelHeredia »»
Apr 8, 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.