Forum Settings
Forums
Jan 7, 7:46 PM
News Team
The official Twitter account for Kenji Inoue and Kimitake Yoshioka's comedic slice of life manga Grand Blue announced on Wednesday that the manga would not be appearing in Thursday's issue of good! Afternoon.

The notice stated that the sudden absence was due to Inoue—Grand Blue's writer—suffering from low back pain from overwork, and that the manga will remain on hiatus until he recovers.

Inoue and Yoshioka began serializing Grand Blue in Kodansha's seinen magazine good! Afternoon in April 2014. Kodansha has compiled the manga into 16 individual volumes as of November 2020.

Kodansha Comics has published the manga digitally in English as Grand Blue Dreaming since September 2017, and in print under the same title since September 2018. The 12th volume will be released digitally on February 16 and in print on March 2.

Animation studio Zero-G produced a 12-episode television anime adaptation that premiered in July 2018. A live-action film adaptation premiered in August 2020.

Source: Official Twitter 1, 2

Jan 7, 8:01 PM

Get well soon, Inoue-sensei. Take your time so you can back at good health. Grand Blue is such a great comedy manga. Need to read/watch his previous work,
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu

Jan 7, 9:05 PM

Great manga ad hyped for the next chapter. but take care of that back first. my guy, you are providng quality entertainment, u need a break
"Nobody is stronger than me, even when I go easy on them. Remember that" - Ayanokoji Kiyotaka

Jan 7, 9:13 PM

Damn this sux, I was so eagerly waiting for next chapter. So we stay on the cliffhanger for even longer now, it's been 2 months already.

Thou no complains since the author is sick. Hope you recover soon and come back to us.

Jan 7, 10:04 PM

I love this manga but health always comes first. I hope he gets better soon.

And yes, entering hiatus when the last chapter’s a cliffhanger sucks.

Jan 7, 10:19 PM

Wishing him all the best. Rest up King.
I don't exist. But, maybe, I once did.
Twitter \\ Reviews // YouTube

Jan 8, 2:04 AM

I wish him a speedy recovery and to be in top health, he could always try some spyritus
"Even if there's a wide world and stories
beyond the main focus, I don't think
it's necessary to end with the protagonist having
been involved in everything." - Yagi Norihiro

Houseki no Kuni Club

My random anime ramblings blog on MAL

Jan 8, 3:26 AM
Take a good rest sensei!! Will be patiently waiting for the next chapter!

Jan 8, 4:34 AM

Health comes i love this manga so to keep it going steady he needs to rest, still hiatus is always sad.

Jan 8, 8:49 AM

Man, it always sucks to hear someone get sick or injured due to overwork. Hope he rests up and recovers soon...

Jan 8, 7:25 PM
get well soon...!!

anyone reading his other work "temple"

Jan 9, 7:09 AM
Sad to hear but get well soon!

Jan 10, 7:24 AM

kaiman22 said:
get well soon...!!

anyone reading his other work "temple"

Temple isn't written by Kenji Inoue who is sick according to news. It is written and drawn by Grand Blue artist Kimitake Yoshioka.

Kenji Inoue another works was Baka to Test

Jan 10, 1:24 PM

Guess it's time to grind the manga xD.

Jan 10, 8:43 PM

Sound like lower back arthritis. All the works might stack up during his recovering period. But I hope he get well!

Jan 13, 7:31 PM

Damn, this sucks. Hope he get well soon

Jan 13, 7:34 PM

Why is every mangakas are having health issue instead of just telling people they are out of ideas and decided to go hiatus? This is just stupid.
Signature removed. Check your inbox

Jan 15, 7:12 AM
aLotQuestion_ said:
Why is every mangakas are having health issue instead of just telling people they are out of ideas and decided to go hiatus? This is just stupid.

Who are you to claim that his health issues are a lie? Spending hours hunched over on a desk drawing doesn't exactly do wonders for a persons spine.

Jan 15, 8:52 AM

Dailymonogatari said:
aLotQuestion_ said:

Who are you to claim that his health issues are a lie? Spending hours hunched over on a desk drawing doesn't exactly do wonders for a persons spine.

Oh yeah, those who work as public transporter is never having spine issue, let alone meeting hundred of thousand of people every day that might has some virus infection.

And yeah, that is why they don't go hiatus. I get what you mean!
Signature removed. Check your inbox

Jan 15, 8:57 AM
aLotQuestion_ said:
Dailymonogatari said:

Oh yeah, those who work as public transporter is never having spine issue, let alone meeting hundred of thousand of people every day that might has some virus infection.

And yeah, that is why they don't go hiatus. I get what you mean!

Terrible argument, public transporters have some of the highest occupational back pain rates, upwards of 80% of employees experience it.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1471006/

Source ^