Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Feb 9, 2021 12:27 AM

Oct 2011
Hi!

I’m currently looking for a manga meeting the requirements for 13: Read a manga with a main cast of 21+ year-olds. Most of the ones I found promising ended up having a couple of mains that were too young. :(

I like BL, GL, horror, dark fantasy or anything with a darker tone to it honestly. Thanks!
Feb 9, 2021 1:12 AM

Jul 2017
soltis said:
Hi!

I’m currently looking for a manga meeting the requirements for 13: Read a manga with a main cast of 21+ year-olds. Most of the ones I found promising ended up having a couple of mains that were too young. :(

I like BL, GL, horror, dark fantasy or anything with a darker tone to it honestly. Thanks!

Here you have a few, it was a bit hard to find some with confirmed ages:
Bartender
Heads
Homunculus
Kansen Rettou (Not confirmed but they are doctors so it's unlikely they are under 21)
2001-ya Monogatari
Feb 9, 2021 2:29 AM

Mar 2016
soltis said:
Hi!

A few more:
LifE
Shuuten wa Tokyo.
Hakidame to Tsuru (might need to be rechecked, though.)
Sabishisugite Lesbian Fuuzoku ni Ikimashita Report
Gunjou (If you like dark stuff and GL, then try this. The last chapter confirms their ages.)
Feb 9, 2021 10:07 AM

Mar 2017
Hello,
ca someone recommend me manga for Kazzeon´s set level 5? I would prefer something longer and completed.
Feb 9, 2021 10:27 AM

Jan 2020
Foxyclaws said:
Hello,
ca someone recommend me manga for Kazzeon´s set level 5? I would prefer something longer and completed.

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Bakuman. (Same author & artist as Death Note)
Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
Oyasumi Punpun
Aku no Hana
Kuzu no Honkai
Feb 9, 2021 10:54 AM

Mar 2016
Foxyclaws said:
Hello,

Yuureitou
Wolf Guy: Ookami no Monshou
Nozoki Ana (I went in with wrong expectations and was pleasantly surprised that it focusses a bit more on the psychological drama, rather than just plain ecchi.)
Homunculus
Makai no Ossan (The chapters are plenty, but super short)
Feb 9, 2021 10:57 AM

Jul 2017
Foxyclaws said:
Hello,

Here you have some long bois:
Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi
Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru
Eyeshield 21
Kekkaishi
Kozure Ookami
Feb 9, 2021 11:01 AM

Nov 2014
Foxyclaws said:
Hello,

I can only offer some medium long bois but I think they're neat
AKB49: Renai Kinshi Jourei
Basara
Hikaru no Go
Billy Bat
Sengoku Youko
Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai
Feb 9, 2021 11:06 AM

Mar 2017
@IrrelevantGuy
@Schlopsi
@Armandoriel
@fraideii

Thank you very much. You have given me lots of interesting choices. I will check them out :D
Feb 10, 2021 2:56 AM

Oct 2011
Armandoriel said:
soltis said:
Hi!

Here you have a few, it was a bit hard to find some with confirmed ages:
Bartender
Heads
Homunculus
Kansen Rettou (Not confirmed but they are doctors so it's unlikely they are under 21)
2001-ya Monogatari
Schlopsi said:
soltis said:
Hi!

A few more:
LifE
Shuuten wa Tokyo.
Hakidame to Tsuru (might need to be rechecked, though.)
Sabishisugite Lesbian Fuuzoku ni Ikimashita Report
Gunjou (If you like dark stuff and GL, then try this. The last chapter confirms their ages.)

Thank you both! These all sound really interesting and whatever I don't use for this level I might try to incorporate in others.
Feb 10, 2021 9:23 AM
Jan 2020
For the Level 4s of the sets, it says "read them all", so I am confused whether I actually read a manga from every category or choose a set of 3, separated by "OR"
Feb 10, 2021 9:28 AM

Mar 2016
L_0106 said:
For the Level 4s of the sets, it says "read them all", so I am confused whether I actually read a manga from every category or choose a set of 3, separated by "OR"

It's like the latter you wrote: You choose a set of three - either items 10, 11, 12 or 13, 14, 15. You cannot mix them, you have to stick with either "miniset".
Feb 10, 2021 9:35 AM
Jan 2020
@Schlopsi Alright. Ty
Feb 10, 2021 9:42 AM
Jan 2020
I would like recommendations for the following categories:

Read a manga with a main character that is a professional in their field.

Read a manga that takes place in the countryside.
Feb 10, 2021 10:02 AM

Jul 2017
L_0106 said:

Jiraishin (Detective)
Rookies (Teacher)
Hito Hitori Futari (Politician)
Bartender (Bartender)

Mashuri no Hako
Shiki
Sakamichi no Apollon

Feb 10, 2021 12:20 PM

Mar 2016
L_0106 said:

Shinobi no Kuni (Shinobi)
Baito-saki wa "Aku no Soshiki"!? (Henchmen)
Planetes (Debris collectors)
Pink to Gray (Actors)
Necromancer (Police Detective)
Gozen 3-ji no Muhouchitai (Office Lady)

Hisakata no Oto
Suiiki
Mushishi (haven't read the following yet, so please take it with a grain of salt [the rec part, they do count for the item])
Barakamon
Umibe no Onnanoko
Feb 11, 2021 12:03 AM

Jun 2017
If we're reading an ongoing manga and catch up to the most recent published chapter can we move on to the next level even if more chapters are scheduled to be released during the challenge period? Or do we have to wait?
Feb 11, 2021 4:19 AM

Apr 2013
MadClaw1138 said:
If we're reading an ongoing manga and catch up to the most recent published chapter can we move on to the next level even if more chapters are scheduled to be released during the challenge period? Or do we have to wait?
You can move to the next level and it counts as if you finished the manga, so you don't have to be up to date in the future.
Feb 13, 2021 1:29 PM

May 2020
For fraideii's Set, Level 4:

Does Vagabond count as a manga with an antihero or villain main character?

I just know it's a story about revenge like Berserk.

Thanks!

Also, for the READ THEM ALL section are you allowed to start reading one of the three before finishing one of the three?
sk8headFeb 13, 2021 1:49 PM
Feb 13, 2021 3:46 PM

Mar 2016
sk8head said:

Thanks!

Also, for the READ THEM ALL section are you allowed to start reading one of the three before finishing one of the three?

Vagabond is listed under the Antihero/Antiheroine tag on Mangaupdates and can be used for the item. So yes.

Regarding the READ THEM ALL section: You can start the three titles at the same time if you wish. And/Or in any order.
Feb 13, 2021 3:47 PM

May 2020
Schlopsi said:
sk8head said:

Thanks!

Vagabond is listed under the Antihero/Antiheroine tag on Mangaupdates and can be used for the item. So yes.

Regarding the READ THEM ALL section: You can start the three titles at the same time if you wish. And/Or in any order.

Great, thanks! :D
Feb 15, 2021 1:55 PM

Dec 2008
I swear someday I'll do one of these challenges without picking a confusing series

So currently I'm reading Punch↑ for one of my challenge items. The series is listed as complete on MAL, but it is in fact ongoing (I believe it was completed but the mangaka picked it up again under the same title? Not sure)

How should I mark this when I'm done with it? Read it up to the current release in the edition I'm reading, enter the number of chapters/volumes even if it's over, and keep it marked as currently reading?
Feb 15, 2021 3:35 PM

Mar 2016
letsgomeisei said:
I swear someday I'll do one of these challenges without picking a confusing series

So currently I'm reading Punch↑ for one of my challenge items. The series is listed as complete on MAL, but it is in fact ongoing (I believe it was completed but the mangaka picked it up again under the same title? Not sure)

How should I mark this when I'm done with it? Read it up to the current release in the edition I'm reading, enter the number of chapters/volumes even if it's over, and keep it marked as currently reading?

Thanks to a dear manga mod, the entry has been fixed as ongoing. You have to keep up with the latest available chapter of the edition you are following (please leave a note which it is, so we can doublecheck). You can keep it marked as currently reading (or on hold or whatever you like).
Feb 15, 2021 4:46 PM

Dec 2008
Schlopsi said:

Thanks to a dear manga mod, the entry has been fixed as ongoing. You have to keep up with the latest available chapter of the edition you are following (please leave a note which it is, so we can doublecheck). You can keep it marked as currently reading (or on hold or whatever you like).

Perfect, thank you so much!
Feb 15, 2021 8:30 PM
Oct 2016
Need a recommendation preferably between 50-150 Chapters. Seinen, Romance or Action series that actually have strategy to it will do.
Feb 15, 2021 8:47 PM

Jan 2020
TOZ_Woodz said:
Need a recommendation preferably between 50-150 Chapters. Seinen, Romance or Action series that actually have strategy to it will do.

Oyasumi Punpun
Ai-Ren (Ecchi)
Midori no Hibi (Ecchi, although not a lot)
Byousoku 5 Centimeter (Only 11 chapters long)
Aku no Hana (Dark romance)
Kaichou wa Maid-sama! (Shoujo)
Feb 15, 2021 10:04 PM

Apr 2013
TOZ_Woodz said:
Akumetsu (can't think of anything else)
Feb 16, 2021 6:15 AM

Mar 2016
TOZ_Woodz said:

The Breaker
Yuureitou
Wolf Guy: Ookami no Monshou
Nozoki Ana
Homunculus
Green Blood
Wolfsmund
Onanie Master Kurosawa
Feb 17, 2021 6:18 AM
Aug 2019
For the challenge: Read a manga with both a human and a non-human main character.
Does Genshijin Kareshi work? I just realized the page is really barren.

No worry if it doesn't, but if that's the case I would like some suggestions. Thanks.
Feb 17, 2021 6:59 AM

Oct 2011
Hi! I have a dumb question, but I think I might be misunderstanding the directions. Do I have to do the sets in order (ie, starting with Kazzeon's), or can I pick any set as long as I complete the tasks in each in their correct order?
Feb 17, 2021 7:05 AM

Mar 2016
Skullface_San said:
For the challenge: Read a manga with both a human and a non-human main character.
Does Genshijin Kareshi work? I just realized the page is really barren.

No worry if it doesn't, but if that's the case I would like some suggestions. Thanks.

That's a pretty close call, but yes, you can use it for the item.

Snakering said:
Hi! I have a dumb question, but I think I might be misunderstanding the directions. Do I have to do the sets in order (ie, starting with Kazzeon's), or can I pick any set as long as I complete the tasks in each in their correct order?

There's no dumb questions! You can work on the sets in any order you want - as long as you maintain their inner order and advance to next level, once you finished the prior read.
Feb 17, 2021 7:15 AM

Oct 2011
@Schlopsi Thank you so much!!
Feb 20, 2021 7:12 AM
May 2020
Question for one of KuraikoDesu's Set:

KuraikoDesu's Set

Level 2:.
5. Read a manga that started publishing in the 2010s. - (2010-2019)

Is this date based on the Japanese Publishing date, or the English release? For example, I was thinking about Princess Jellyfish, which began being printed in English in 2016, but it looks like the Japanese series started in 2009. Which date should I go by?

Feb 20, 2021 11:14 AM

Apr 2013
Beorn_101 said:
Question for one of KuraikoDesu's Set:

KuraikoDesu's Set

Level 2:.
5. Read a manga that started publishing in the 2010s. - (2010-2019)

Is this date based on the Japanese Publishing date, or the English release? For example, I was thinking about Princess Jellyfish, which began being printed in English in 2016, but it looks like the Japanese series started in 2009. Which date should I go by?
The original publishing date. In this case, when the Japanese series started.
Feb 20, 2021 12:14 PM
May 2020
Thanks I had a feeling that was the case, but wanted to double check. Back to the drawing board for what series I should read :).
Feb 23, 2021 7:15 PM

Mar 2013
Hello! I'm looking for something that fits with
Kazzeon's 16. Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread and Schlopsi's 16: Read a manga with a vehicle in the cover.

If possible, I prefer BL, GL, or in general LGBT themes.
Feb 24, 2021 7:23 AM

Apr 2013
EION said:
Kazzeon's 16. Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread and Schlopsi's 16: Read a manga with a vehicle in the cover.

Hmm, hmm..

I'll give my recs, and honestly you've probably read all the BL/GL I have and more, so I don't think there's a point in going for that.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/481/Planetes (counts for vehicle in the cover as well)
https://myanimelist.net/manga/401/Kiseijuu
https://myanimelist.net/manga/145/Beck
https://myanimelist.net/manga/38071/Spirit_Circle
https://myanimelist.net/manga/4/Yokohama_Kaidashi_Kikou (counts for vehicle in the cover as well)
https://myanimelist.net/manga/670/Bokurano (counts for vehicle in the cover as well)
https://myanimelist.net/manga/936/Homunculus (counts for vehicle in the cover as well)

Purely because of vehicle in the cover
https://myanimelist.net/manga/83143/Goshiki_no_Fune
Feb 24, 2021 7:23 AM

Nov 2014
EION said:

Every Day Is a Good Day
Bokura no Shokutaku
Juunigatsu no Heartbeat
Koi wa Kamen no Uchigawa ni

I didn't like these very much but they have vehicles:
Ritou no Umi
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou
Feb 24, 2021 7:42 AM

Mar 2016
EION said:

With a vehicle on the cover:
The Breaker (Cover for vol 10)
Ritou no Umi
Homunculus
Kanata no Astra
Aqua

Rec for #16 (At least here I can snuggle in some of your wishes:
Yuureitou
Indigo Blue
What Does the Fox Say?
Pink to Gray (not qeer, but I'll still rec this)

Heard very good things about these:
Shimanami Tasogare
Ao no Flag
Feb 26, 2021 6:09 PM

Dec 2013
Hi there, so I'm trying my best to fill my MRC 2021 with as much Hentai as it is possible and I struggle to come up with something for:

Read a manga about spirits / life after death / souls.

Everything I can think of on MAL is Toshi Densetsu Series, which I already completed and even if I can find good hentai that would fit perfectly into this challenge, then surprise surprise, it is not jet on MAL

I was looking with the tags tankoubon and Ghost/ possession/ zombie and some more.

Please help me come up with something.
Feb 26, 2021 7:08 PM

Jan 2020
GreenAngel333 said:
Hi there, so I'm trying my best to fill my MRC 2021 with as much Hentai as it is possible and I struggle to come up with something for:

Everything I can think of on MAL is Toshi Densetsu Series, which I already completed and even if I can find good hentai that would fit perfectly into this challenge, then surprise surprise, it is not jet on MAL

I was looking with the tags tankoubon and Ghost/ possession/ zombie and some more.

Pandemonium should be valid since the first two chapters are about spirits/souls (I think?), but it would be better if the staff members confirm it.

You can also read Itoshi no Kana which is about spirits too and is quite close to being a hentai.
Feb 26, 2021 9:05 PM

Mar 2016
IrrelevantGuy said:
GreenAngel333 said:

Pandemonium should be valid since the first two chapters are about spirits/souls (I think?), but it would be better if the staff members confirm it.

You can also read Itoshi no Kana which is about spirits too and is quite close to being a hentai.

Here are two being valid for the respective item (found them under the Spirit/s tag on MU):
Urotsukidouji
Brandish

Regarding Pandemonium... the majority of oneshots within that story collection needs to be valid (since they're all listed under that one entry). So 2 out of 12 isn't sufficient for it.
You can also link to other databases(!) like Mangaupdates, anilist, anime-planet, etc. if it's not on MAL. :)
Feb 26, 2021 9:49 PM

Dec 2013
Schlopsi said:
IrrelevantGuy said:

Here are two being valid for the respective item (found them under the Spirit/s tag on MU):
Urotsukidouji
Brandish

Regarding Pandemonium... the majority of oneshots within that story collection needs to be valid (since they're all listed under that one entry). So 2 out of 12 isn't sufficient for it.
You can also link to other databases(!) like Mangaupdates, anilist, anime-planet, etc. if it's not on MAL. :)

I will probably go with Brandish, thx a lot.

I was always thinking, that it have to be on MAL for MAL Challenge :D Thx
Mar 2, 2021 10:39 AM

Mar 2016
"16. Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread."

Would someone be so kind? Please only completed stuff and not longer than ~15 to 20 volumes at the very max. I still want to be able to finish the set sometime this year, being the slowpoke I am. ;D
I usually prefer darker stuff, but am open for pretty much anything.

PS: Any participant is highly welcome to drop their recs, so maybe not just the usual suspects... (you are welcome too, ofc.)
Mar 3, 2021 1:22 AM

Jan 2020
Schlopsi said:
"16. Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread."

Would someone be so kind? Please only completed stuff and not longer than ~15 to 20 volumes at the very max. I still want to be able to finish the set sometime this year, being the slowpoke I am. ;D

PS: Any participant is highly welcome to drop their recs, so maybe not just the usual suspects... (you are welcome too, ofc.)

Oyasumi Punpun

I was surprised to see that you haven't read Punpun yet. It's one of my personal favorites; it's dark, gritty, aesthetic, and frankly very, very depressing/disturbing. Inio Asano's other works are also very similar (or that's what I've heard at least); you can also read them if you want.

Uzumaki

It's probably a little bit out of your comfort zone, but trying something new once in a while doesn't hurt, right? :D Uzumaki is by far Ito Junji's most popular work, and I think it's his best work as well.

Nickelodeon

Honestly, Nickelodeon is really weird, but in a good way. It contains some of the most bizarre stories I have ever read, but they are all very entertaining. The art is also very distinct and memorable.

Bakuman.

A manga about making manga; how meta is that? Bakuman. is one of my favorite manga to date. While it's a bit inconsistent at times and the romance is a bit weak in my opinion, it's an amazing read overall.

Byousoku 5 Centimeter

A short yet beautiful and bittersweet story about two unfortunate lovers. Even if romance isn't your thing, give this a try. It's fairly different from the movie, which is also really great.

Jumyou wo Kaitotte Moratta. Ichinen ni Tsuki, Ichimanen de.

Currently my favorite manga of all time alongside Berserk. It probably won't affect you as much as it affected me, but it's definitely worth a read nonetheless. It's only 18 chapters long too (including two extra chapters).
IrrelevantGuyMar 3, 2021 9:01 AM
Mar 3, 2021 6:45 AM

Apr 2013
Schlopsi said:

Sen wa Boku wo Egaku is pretty good.
Mar 3, 2021 6:59 AM

Jun 2017
Schlopsi said:

Imawa no Kuni no Alice

I know this is a bit long but it's the kind of story that hooks you imo. Even if battle royale isn't your thing what truly makes the story great is the characters. The games themselves are pretty entertaining and unlike what I've seen so far (it's not your typical kill or be killed). Out of all the recs I'm about to give this is definitely the one I enjoyed the most.

Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou

Having read The Horizon this one might seem underwhelming (especially since at times it feels more like a SoL than a post-apocalyptic manga) but it has its moments. The ending (and the late chapters in general) left me a bit empty to be honest.

Uzumaki

Not sure how you feel about Junji Ito or if he interests you at all but I personally really enjoy his work (even if sometimes purely for its art). Even though I like his short story collections more than his longer works, I still think that Uzumaki is worth reading just to see what his manga is all about.

Akuma no Riddle

This is more of a fun read. It sounds and looks cool but does not have that much depth. To me it feels like a guilty pleasure but I think that you can definitely enjoy it if you overlook certain aspects.

Deadman Wonderland

This is action-y but also filled with feelings. Another one with deadly games and a diverse cast. The MC might be a bit whiny so I prefer the side characters and hey, the good part is there are a bunch of good ones (even the bad guys)!

Elfen Lied

Read at your own risk. There are a lot of things gone wrong in this manga. Personally I did not like the ecchi, fanservice, really weird awkward scenes and other similar things but I promise that if you manage to get through the sea of uncomfortable pages you might find a good story hiding in it. And by that I mostly mean Lucy and the diclonii rather than the humans. Also the story might've broken my heart toward the end. But once again: it takes a while to scoop out the good parts.
Mar 3, 2021 9:36 AM

Mar 2016
@IrrelevantGuy @Kazzeon @AyuMItsuki Thank you very very much! I'll settle for Sen wa Boku wo Egaku.
Since you both mentioned Uzumaki, I'll fit it in somewhere else and try to make it through your othe suggestions as well.
Oyasumi Punpun will be highly depending on my mood. I will read it eventually, I'm just waiting for the right moment. Jumyou wo Kaitotte Moratta. Ichinen ni Tsuki, Ichimanen de. will probably make it high in my ranks, too. May keep Nickelodeon for the Atypical Art Style, as I have no clue what to expect from it. :D

Will definitely will keep my eyes on Imawa no Kuni no Alice and Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou. Don't know what to expect from the latter one, but I'll want to check it out since you mentioned The Horizon.

Regarding Deadman Wonderland - You convinced me with the Bad Guys ;D And I'm curious about Elfen Lied - it's definitely something I want to read/see, just to have an opinion about it.

Again, thank you very much!
Mar 3, 2021 5:52 PM

Nov 2020
"Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread" If someone can recommend me something, I would really appreciate it
Mar 3, 2021 8:11 PM

Mar 2016
IdolIsekai said:
"Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread" If someone can recommend me something, I would really appreciate it

I tried orientating myself a bit on your anime faves, but I don't think it will be 100% of a hit. Nevertheless, Kieli: Shisha-tachi wa Kouya ni Nemuru might be a good starting point for you.
Other recs you may like:
Suiiki
Kataribe no List
Necromancer
Baito-saki wa "Aku no Soshiki"!?
Emperor to Issho
Threads of Time
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » why do some people hate manhwa/ua so much???

FruitPunchBaka - Yesterday

10 by Lucifrost »»
3 hours ago

» 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MRC_mod - Jan 20

159 by jaeo_k »»
Today, 10:47 AM

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

388 by DeBritto »»
Today, 7:29 AM

» 50,000 Manga Titles Translated by AI Are Set to Come Overseas

deg - Yesterday

5 by Lucifrost »»
Today, 6:46 AM

» Name of this manhwa?

Notadmin - Today

0 by Notadmin »»
Today, 6:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.