Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 6, 2021 3:08 PM

May 2020
I am curious since a lot of the plot is heavily reliant on Disney characters, do you think that they would get the rights to produce an adaptation with Mickey Mouse and Spiderman?

I guess first of all, how was Araki even allowed to include Disney/Marvel characters into the manga in the first place? Did he receive the rights to the characters? I feel like since this was back in 2003 they might have been more lenient.

In other series like Beck, they replaced Starbucks with StarDUCKS to avoid legal troubles.
Jan 7, 2021 2:00 PM

Nov 2019
sk8head said:
I am curious since a lot of the plot is heavily reliant on Disney characters, do you think that they would get the rights to produce an adaptation with Mickey Mouse and Spiderman?

I guess first of all, how was Araki even allowed to include Disney/Marvel characters into the manga in the first place? Did he receive the rights to the characters? I feel like since this was back in 2003 they might have been more lenient.

In other series like Beck, they replaced Starbucks with StarDUCKS to avoid legal troubles.
That's the million dollar question being how badly is the Bohemian Rhapsody fight going to be censored lol. Can't wait to see the results.
Don't let others ruin things for you. Even if a toxic fan pisses in your cereal, you could just get another bowl of cereal.
My Anime List - My Manga List
Jan 7, 2021 6:44 PM

May 2020
SignsOfSuicide said:
sk8head said:

That's the million dollar question being how badly is the Bohemian Rhapsody fight going to be censored lol. Can't wait to see the results.

I mean they could potentially cut it out completely and sort of rewrite it to fit the narrative.

Or they could even just make up parody characters.
Jan 8, 2021 1:43 AM

Nov 2019
That would be extremely dissapointing if they cut that stand out.
Don't let others ruin things for you. Even if a toxic fan pisses in your cereal, you could just get another bowl of cereal.
Jan 8, 2021 6:14 AM

May 2020
SignsOfSuicide said:
That would be extremely dissapointing if they cut that stand out.

I know right! At the very least like they’d create some made up Disney World and characters like Itchy and Scratchy from the Simpsons or something like that.

I’m also confused on why they change the stand names in the anime dub. Idk if it’s for copyright reasons or if it’s just weird hearing obvious band names being referred to.
Jan 8, 2021 7:20 AM

Nov 2019
Its a copyright thing but its make the anime endearing in a weird way. Like I'm looking forward to some poor voice actor have to say Flaccid Pancake (Limp Bizkit).
Jan 10, 2021 10:34 AM

May 2020
SignsOfSuicide said:
Its a copyright thing but its make the anime endearing in a weird way. Like I'm looking forward to some poor voice actor have to say Flaccid Pancake (Limp Bizkit).

Lol yeah. I actually just remembered that in part 2 Joseph was reading a Superman comic but in the anime it was one of Araki’s older works. So I’m assuming they’ll have to just make like new characters that mimic Disney characters.

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean Chapter 122 Discussion

Stark700 - May 30, 2014

12 by CronoGlasses »»
Apr 6, 1:35 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean Chapter 158 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 17, 2014

90 by animalia »»
Jan 19, 9:09 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean Chapter 145 Discussion

Stark700 - May 31, 2014

10 by animalia »»
Jan 7, 12:13 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Chapter 106 Discussion

Terrestrious - Aug 28, 2015

13 by animalia »»
Dec 28, 2023 5:16 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Chapter 86 Discussion

Mana - Nov 12, 2016

7 by animalia »»
Dec 27, 2023 8:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.